Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Yet they still offered Brockweiler $35MM gtd.
That was then and not today.....why I said funny how things turnout. The Broncos were also in active talks and negotiations with the Rams to trade for Case Keenum. Midway through training camp when the Broncos realized what they had with Siemen was as good if not better than what they would get with Keenum those talks ended. That didn't happen either.

That was then and not today.....why I said funny how things turnout. The Broncos were also in active talks and negotiations with the Rams to trade for Case Keenum. Midway through training camp when the Broncos realized what they had with Siemen was as good if not better than what they would get with Keenum those talks ended. That didn't happen either.

Things haven't really turned out though have they? At least not until the other part of the equation shows his actual value, ya?

Over the next 3 years the Broncos will pay Siemien and Lynch less than $9 Million and this morning I highly doubt that Elway would trade Siemen straight up for Brock Osweiler .....funny how things turn out.

Do you think the Texans would trade Osweiler straight up for Siemian? Think the Dolphins would trade Tannehill for Siemian? Think the Vikings would trade Bradford for Sirmian?

I'm sure the answer is no for all of them & they're just as irrelevant as the Broncos holding on to Siemian over Osweiler.

So what's your point.

Do you think the Texans would trade Osweiler straight up for Siemian? Think the Dolphins would trade Tannehill for Siemian? Think the Vikings would trade Bradford for Sirmian?

I'm sure the answer is no for all of them & they're just as irrelevant as the Broncos holding on to Siemian over Osweiler.

So what's your point.

He needs attention.

He will do this anytime Siemian does well and anytime Brock falters.

So what's your point.
my point is (you must have skipped over it).....funny how things turn out.

my point is (you must have skipped over it).....funny how things turn out.

Agreed... I think. Denver should have saved their draft picks. Instead of trading up for a QB they didn't need, they could have drafted studs to add to that Super Bowl winning defense.

Agreed... I think. Denver should have saved their draft picks. Instead of trading up for a QB they didn't need, they could have drafted studs to add to that Super Bowl winning defense.

or look at the money they saved so they could sign two outstanding OTs for $10 Million for the both of them. that was a brilliant piece of managing by Elway.

Your setting the bar high Texian
I figured you'd wait until after Brock plays the first game.
Hopefully Brock has the important "W" and a better than a 69.3 QB rating

I just hope you learn to let go of this becsuse 17 weeks of comparison is going to take a lot of unnecessary bandwidth.
Now come week 7, let this talk flow

Let each team do their thing, apples and oranges right now.

And now, other NFL news from the internet:

With Panthers loss, The Browns Now Mathematically Eliminated From The Playoffs

The NFL season kicked off tonight with a Super Bowl 50 rematch between the Broncos and Panthers at Mile High. After capturing an early lead, the Panthers offense sputtered and handed the momentum to Denver, but stormed back on the final drive only to miss a game-winning field goal.

With the Panthers loss, seemingly against logic, the Cleveland Browns are now mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

sad-browns-fanjpg-8a499ea9d188635d.jpg

Some people know good management when they see it, some people don't. Welcome to the latter.

Good management?

Imagine the Texans offered their incumbent back up $15M/yr for three years & that guy decided not to stay in Houston. Would you call that good management?

Imagine the Texans didn't have the money to outbid a contending team for one of their free agents. Would you call that good management?

Imagine the Texans brought in a QB given every opportunity to succeed in NyJets & Philadelphia and that guy failed to beat our third string 7th round pick out of a job. Would you call that good management?

Imagine the Texans traded up into the first round to draft a QB & that guy couldn't beat out their 7th round draft pick from the prior year for the starting job. Would you call that good management?

Imagine the Texans had a stud QB on their roster, but didn't know it so they traded away picks to move up in the draft to draft a guy most considered a project, then traded another draft pick for a failed QB with little chance of leading an NFL team. Would you call that good management?

Looks like Denver lucked into a competent QB. To say Trevor Siemian starting for the Broncos is good management shows that you have an agenda.

Over the next 3 years the Broncos will pay Siemien and Lynch less than $9 Million and this morning I highly doubt that Elway would trade Siemen straight up for Brock Osweiler .....funny how things turn out.
Oh please. Denver was a missed FG away from losing that game due to Siemien's turnovers.
Wade's defense and Kubiak's conservative offense made this work.
You need to slow your roll dude. To think that Kubiak wouldn't rather have someone that's been in his system longer than OTAs and TC is ridiculous. Elway's salary cap numbers might be better with Siemien but that offense would be better off with a more experienced Osweiler.

You need to slow your roll dude. To think that Kubiak wouldn't rather have someone that's been in his system longer than OTAs and TC is ridiculous. Elway's salary cap numbers might be better with Siemien but that offense would be better off with a more experienced Osweiler.

Actually beginning this season both Siemian and Osweiler have spent the same amount of time in Kubiak's system (2015)...slowing the roll.....have to disagree, that offense is better off with the two new FA OTs signed in off season they were kicking some butt last night. You know, as they say after your first start in the NFL as a QB, not to shabby!

Oh please. Denver was a missed FG away from losing that game due to Siemien's turnovers.
Wade's defense and Kubiak's conservative offense made this work.

I'm good with pointing out Texian's fallacies, but that wasn't conservative Kubiak. Sure, he didn't ask the kid to throw 40 times, but when he threw the ball, he was stretching the field.

And even if Gano made that field goal, I think Siemian looked pretty good.

I'm good with pointing out Texian's fallacies, but that wasn't conservative Kubiak. Sure, he didn't ask the kid to throw 40 times, but when he threw the ball, he was stretching the field.

And even if Gano made that field goal, I think Siemian looked pretty good.
26 passing attempts and 29 rushing attempts; to me that's classic Kubiak balanced and conservative offensive game plan.
Siemien's longest completions were 23 and 25 yds; both were short passes that the receivers turned into bigger gains. He did not throw the ball deep.
But don't take my word for it, check the play-by-play.
LINK
To borrow your phrase, if he were wearing a Texans jersey folks would be screaming, "why won't Kubiak let the kid throw deep!?"

Don't get me wrong, the kid played well considering (a) this was his first start (b) against the defending NFC champs AND (c) opening night for the whole league so eeeeverybody is watching. And let's not leave out (d) he's following an NFL legion (who was at the game). That's a lot to put on a young'un and he stepped up very nicely. But stretch the field. I didn't see that and the record doesn't reflect it either.

Stretch the field... wrong choice of words on my part. He made some gutsy throws. He wasn't handcuffed.

Actually beginning this season both Siemian and Osweiler have spent the same amount of time in Kubiak's system (2015)...slowing the roll.....have to disagree, that offense is better off with the two new FA OTs signed in off season they were kicking some butt last night. You know, as they say after your first start in the NFL as a QB, not to shabby!

But it wasn't good management that he got those tackles, it was the fact that Oz didn't let him match the Texans offer.

And there's no doubt who would have started if Brock was in Denver.

Texiagenda

RG3 placed on IR today. So the Browns sign RG3, trade away the 2nd overall pick to the Eagles, essentially passing on Wentz, get beat by Wentz and lose RG3 in the opener.

RG3 placed on IR today. So the Browns sign RG3, trade away the 2nd overall pick to the Eagles, essentially passing on Wentz, get beat by Wentz and lose RG3 in the opener.
Man, who did the Browns piss off to have such rotten luck?
Did Modell leave a bad mojo, voo-doo doll in the stadium someplace when he snuck out of town to Baltimore.

Why did Chandler Jones get flagged last night for a choreographed celebration but after almost every TD scored in the NFL there are choreographed celebrations?

Why did Chandler Jones get flagged last night for a choreographed celebration but after almost every TD scored in the NFL there are choreographed celebrations?

It was Swearinger that earned the flag for dancing WITH Jones. Either one dancing would've been fine, the two together made it a penalty. Swearinger is still an idiot who puts himself ahead of the team.

Reactions: JB
It was Swearinger that earned the flag for dancing WITH Jones. Either one dancing would've been fine, the two together made it a penalty. Swearinger is still an idiot who puts himself ahead of the team.

When the steelers scored earlier they had 2 guys doing identical celebration in the end zone...wouldn't that be the same thing? Last night the flag wasn't for excessive celebration, but 2 players doing a choreographed celebration.

When the steelers scored earlier they had 2 guys doing identical celebration in the end zone...wouldn't that be the same thing? Last night the flag wasn't for excessive celebration, but 2 players doing a choreographed celebration.

I've just now been able to turn on the game, so I didn't see what happened tonight. If it's as you say, then yes that's supposed to be a flag. There is a difference than multiple players celebrating together and a choreographed celebration, however. They'll also usually let it go if it's something quick. The ref watched Swearinger/Jones for a couple seconds waiting for one to move on before he threw the flag (which you can see because they did it right in front of an official).

Now THIS flag shouldn't have happened on Brown. The official found it inappropriate/offensive, but I don't think there's a clear enough rule on that to have thrown the flag since Von Miller did it last season without a flag that I can remember. Brown was also by himself for the dance and didn't go to the ground or use any objects as part of the dance. They will probably include humping moves into the ban list before long though.

Bills WR Sammy Watkins expects to play against Jets despite severe discomfort in foot

Watkins underwent a screw repair of a Jones fracture in May of this year. He had a prolonged rehab. He isstill having significant pain in his foot and has been told by his operating surgeon that he did not suffer another break. He has been told that the recommendation is no surgery at this time, but to give it several weeks of rest. I believe what is going on is that he has not "technically" suffered another break, but that with the screw intact, his fracture has failed to totally heal, a condition known as "nonunion" (in some patients this can take more than the expected 8-10 months). His surgeon is probably telling him that pain tolerance is his major obstacle to playing, extended rest is preferable to see if can still heal. But if he wants to salvage the season avoiding surgery and try to play through the pain, he can until the screw inevitable break, at which time he will not be able to avoid placing a bigger screw with bone grafting.

I know it's the Redskins, but if the Steelers can stay healthy (for once) they're going to be a threat to win the AFC.

Did the 49ers just kick the Rams ass? Good to see Keenum in midseason form already. 3.2 yards per pass 2 INTs and 34.2 rating. Ouch!
Glad I didn't stay up to watch that.

In the old days they made the best team music videos................one of my favorites...........a blast from the past. Still wonder how it made it past the censors back then.

Reactions: ROO
I wish the NFL would get together and figure out what is and is not a catch.

Rams/Niners was hard to watch. I love Keenum as a Coog fan, but watching his offense wade through the muck last night brought back some cold sweat memories from watching that very same thing when he and Hoyer, Fitz, etc...etc were Texans.

Back