NFL Random Thought of the Day

Can’t help but think of CJ Stroud when I see this quote:

“The most valuable player is the one that makes the most players valuable.”

I found it looking at Peyton Manning’s HOF profile:

Can’t help but think of CJ Stroud when I see this quote:

The most valuable player is the one that makes the most players valuable.”

I found it looking at Peyton Manning’s HOF profile:

This could apply for the COTY as well.

"Playoff projection: The Browns are scary for all the obvious reasons -- a veteran quarterback and a stout defense. They’re also good enough to beat the Texans on the road in the wild-card game. However, all the fun vibes surrounding this team will end after that. The Browns beat Cleveland in Baltimore earlier this year. They won’t duplicate that feat in the Divisional Round."
The First Read: What to like, dislike about all 14 NFL playoff teams; final MVP rankings for 2023 season

I wish I could've seen that game.

"Playoff projection: The Browns are scary for all the obvious reasons -- a veteran quarterback and a stout defense. They’re also good enough to beat the Texans on the road in the wild-card game. However, all the fun vibes surrounding this team will end after that. The Browns beat Cleveland in Baltimore earlier this year. They won’t duplicate that feat in the Divisional Round."
The First Read: What to like, dislike about all 14 NFL playoff teams; final MVP rankings for 2023 season

I wish I could've seen that game.
LOL. Another example of the lack of proof reading by "media experts". No wonder ChatGPT is so popular.

Reactions: JB
Justin Fields slid at the end of a six-yard run, and Jonathan Owens hit him late and high, causing his head to bang hard against the ground. He stayed in the game for three plays after the hit, then was ordered to the sideline for one play and returned. He told them that he did not have a concussion. The zebras never threw a flag.

"Playoff projection: The Browns are scary for all the obvious reasons -- a veteran quarterback and a stout defense. They’re also good enough to beat the Texans on the road in the wild-card game...
The Browns just don't scare me. This is a very winnable game. Without Stroud we scored 22 points on them. And Cooper will not have a repeat. We held their running game in check while the Texans ran the ball effectively. Their defense only had three sacks...against Keenum. Nico was coming back from a calf and only had 4 receptions for 18 yards. There will not be a repeat. Garrett must be held in check, but for whatever reason, he's only had 1 sack in the last 6 games.

We can win this game.

The Browns just don't scare me. This is a very winnable game. Without Stroud we scored 22 points on them. And Cooper will not have a repeat. We held their running game in check while the Texans ran the ball effectively. Their defense only had three sacks...against Keenum. Nico was coming back from a calf and only had 4 receptions for 18 yards. There will not be a repeat. Garrett must be held in check, but for whatever reason, he's only had 1 sack in the last 6 games.

We can win this game.
Those points were scored in garbage time, after the Browns sat their starters. Once they put their starters back in, the Texans stopped moving the ball.
I agree that Stroud should change that.
Garrett's' playing with 1 arm. He re-injured the arm that he injured in a car wreck last year.
We'll see Saturday afternoon. I'm pulling for the good guys to get the win.

Justin Fields slid at the end of a six-yard run, and Jonathan Owens hit him late and high, causing his head to bang hard against the ground. He stayed in the game for three plays after the hit, then was ordered to the sideline for one play and returned. He told them that he did not have a concussion. The zebras never threw a flag.

I was shocked they let him continue to play.

Panthers have named 9 HC candidates: Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson, Texans offensive coordinator Bobby Slowik, Bengals offensive coordinator Brian Callahan, Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, Ravens defensive coordinator Mike Macdonald, Dolphins offensive coordinator Frank Smith, Rams defensive coordinator Raheem Morris, Ravens offensive coordinator Todd Monken and Buccaneers offensive coordinator Dave Canales.

Panthers have named 9 HC candidates: Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson, Texans offensive coordinator Bobby Slowik, Bengals offensive coordinator Brian Callahan, Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, Ravens defensive coordinator Mike Macdonald, Dolphins offensive coordinator Frank Smith, Rams defensive coordinator Raheem Morris, Ravens offensive coordinator Todd Monken and Buccaneers offensive coordinator Dave Canales.

Slowik is not going to have the success in Carolina like he had here. Young is not Stroud, or even anywhere close. I hope Slowik stays for at least another year, but we all know he's a short timer here. Stroud made his career path a lot easier. LOL

Mike Caldwell has been fired by the Jaguars and majority of the defensive staff. Defensive quality control coach Patrick Reilly was retained.
Assistant defensive line coach Rory Segrest, outside linebackers coach Bill Shuey and defensive quality control coach Patrick Reilly were retained.

Irsay has been a long-time cigarette smoker from what I've heard and has recently been dealing with emphysema. His hospitalization could be due to acute aggravation of this condition or a severe upper respiratory infection acutely worsened by his condition.

Not too many people are aware of how driven he is to his habit.

In 2002, Irsay checked into a rehab center for narcotic abuse secondary to severe chronic hip and back pain. In 2014, Irsay was checked into a rehab center after an arrest on charges of driving under the influence and four felony counts of possession of a controlled substance. About 10 years ago, I had opportunity to speak to the head of world-famous drug and alcohol rehab center, THE MEADOWS. I noticed that many of the in-house patients were heavy coffee drinkers and cigarette smokers while there. I asked why these patients were not restricted from also these admittedly addictive substances. She honestly replied that if they were to do that, they would lose a fortune because no one would come.

I wish Irsay the best and hopefully a recovery............with a promise to himself to try to remove smoking from his repertoire.

Titans fire Mike Vrabel, says a source from The Atlantic.

Dianna Russini
5m ago
Dianna Russini·
Senior Writer, NFL

Titans fire Mike Vrabel: Source
The Tennessee Titans have fired head coach Mike Vrabel, a team source said. Just six weeks ago, owner Amy Adams Strunk had plans for Vrabel to be part of the organization for years to come, believing they had a top NFL coach. Recently, ownership changed its mind.

Is it just me or does it seem wherever Tim Kelly is the OC goes a HC gets fired? 3 for 3. OB, then Culley, and now Vrabel.

you-re-welcome-alan-the-hangover-rir7xni3y1v1e3j8.gif

Did Vrabel get fired in the same way Lovie got fired except this time Vrabel is fired because with a Titans win the Texans were able to win the division? After a disappointing loss to the Texans on the “dress up day as the Oilers” to then win and help the Texans (again) be division winners - that would add insult to injury.

Did Vrabel get fired in the same way Lovie got fired except this time Vrabel is fired because with a Titans win the Texans were able to win the division? After a disappointing loss to the Texans on the “dress up day as the Oilers” to then win and help the Texans (again) be division winners - that would add insult to injury.
I think he got fired because the team lost something like 18 of the last 24. And apparently he wasn't on the same page as the GM

Honestly really poor decision making all around. They could’ve gotten needed draft picks for him.

Has Amy Skank requested permission to interview Slowick yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If she came skanking around Houston requesting permission to interview Slowick.....you know, time to put the shoe on the other foot. Ms Skank, it would only cost you the Oliers name and colors to go after Slowick, otherwise go duck yourself. Then I'd mothball everything associated with the name and colors until everything was figured out for a "Throwback Uniform" one game a season.

Back