Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Artificial turf potentially linked to cancer deaths of six Phillies ball players

Wondering if this will lead to more natural surface fields across all sports or at least a new wave of improved artificial surfaces available.

Artificial turf potentially linked to cancer deaths of six Phillies ball players

Wondering if this will lead to more natural surface fields across all sports or at least a new wave of improved artificial surfaces available.

I've always wondered about the rubber dust that you see from these artificial fields that you know players are getting their lungs filled with on multiple occasions.

I am willing to bet that the turf installed was chosen because the installer was the lowest bidder and they got the turf for cheap from China off of Alibaba.

I just hope Texans don't now trade up to #1 with a bigger deal.

I think the pressure of being “wrong” comes off Houston now. Panthers will either take the little fella with a bad shoulder. Or the Mulughetta client who has thrived under perfect conditions and flamed under pressure (besides his final game).

That all being said, sure would be nice to have had that #1 pick and the opportunity to collect that bounty or have your pick of the QBs…

I think the pressure of being “wrong” comes off Houston now. Panthers will either take the little fella with a bad shoulder. Or the Mulughetta client who has thrived under perfect conditions and flamed under pressure (besides his final game).

That all being said, sure would be nice to have had that #1 pick and the opportunity to collect that bounty or have your pick of the QBs…
We could yet trade out of #2...

At last, we won't have to look at all the national pundits mocking us to trade with Bears for Young.
Let's see if they have us offering Carolina an even bigger blockbuster trade...😂

At last, we won't have to look at all the national pundits mocking us to trade with Bears for Young.
Let's see if they have us offering Carolina an even bigger blockbuster trade...😂
images

LOL - DOV Klieman now tweeting Carolina open to trading the #1 pick.
I doubt it's true but if it is, they obviously want Texans to do it.

OK, Texans you are now in the driver's seat. Don't let McDaniels and LAS get the best of you, Nick. Stand firm for their #7, #38 and their #1 in 2024. If Josh is not biting Atlanta might be hungry to trade their #8, #44, #1, and 3rd RD in 2024. Now is not the time for another Texans disappointment. You can also let SEA in for #5, #37, and #51. Equally important is Indy is out on the Top 2 QBs.

Last edited:
OK, Texans you are now in the driver's seat. Don't let McDaniels and LAS get the best of you, Nick. Stand firm for their #7, #38 and their #1 in 2024. If Josh is not biting Atlanta might be hungry to trade their #8, #44, #1, and 3rd RD in 2024. Now is not the time for another Texans disappointment. You can also let SEA in for #5, #37, and #51. Equally important is Indy is out on the Top 2 QBs.

Nick Caserio to Texian:

dumb-and-dumber-lloyd.gif

:)

Wow!

Will Anderson for us!

I like Anderson, but like a QB with a certain skill set…..you want to fit the scheme to their skill set to maximize the opportunity on investment.

If the Texans want Anderson, they must believe in him enough to change their core defensive attack to a 3-4 scheme so he could become a monster OLB.

If Ryans is staying in his preferred 4-3 alignment, I’d have zero issues making 4-3 DE, Tyree Wilson (Texas Tech) the #2 pick in this draft…..he’s top 5 in this draft so there’s no justification needed other than, he’s a better scheme fit player.

If the team decides Wilson would be to much of a jump at #2…..then put the pick in play and add some much needed late RD1 and RD2 picks.

Last edited:
Otis Taylor, Star Receiver for the Kansas City Chiefs, Dies at 80
An acrobatic player, he was the prototype for the big receivers who succeeded him. He caught a memorable touchdown in the Chiefs’ upset win in Super Bowl IV.
Want to know how great Otis Tylor was ?
Well you got to be pretty special when they write a story about your passing in the NYTimes.
Tell you what else - the HOF voters can kiss my hairy azz ! How does Taylor not make it into the HOF ?

Last edited:
Miami could be a dark horse to sign Jimmy G. McDaniel has experience with him. And Jimmy G could make another run at the Super Bowl. Because Tua is going to get another concussion. I am not a doctor, but I feel common sense would say so.
They just committed to Tua... they're not signing Jimmy G

Otis Taylor, Star Receiver for the Kansas City Chiefs, Dies at 80
An acrobatic player, he was the prototype for the big receivers who succeeded him. He caught a memorable touchdown in the Chiefs’ upset win in Super Bowl IV.
DE
Want to know how great Otis Tylor was ?
Well you got to be pretty special when they write a story about your passing in the NYTimes.
Tell you what else - the HOF voters can kiss my hairy azz ! How does Taylor not make it into the HOF ?
As a little kid, I was at the game where we played our most hated rival the Raiders. After notorious huge (esp., for that time.....6'8" 275) mean bully dirty player DE Ben Davidson clotheslined tiny (5'4" 150 lbs) Chiefs returner (known as "Super Gnat" because he moved and dodged like one), tall but thin (Taylor raced over to Davidson knocking him down..................then commenced to do an Indian dance on his body. This was the last straw for Taylor, as Davidson had in a previous game cheap shot speared QB Len Dayson in the back while he had already was indisputably down and laying helplessly on the ground..........that led to Taylor and the Chiefs bench coming to Dawson's aid and jumped on Devidson, getting into a benchk clearing all-out rolling on the ground punch fest lasting long enough to require a long delay of the game..............and a rule change...........the Ben Davidson Rule................6 years later!

As a little kid, I was at the game where we played our most hated rival the Raiders. After notorious huge (esp., for that time.....6'8" 275) mean bully dirty player DE Ben Davidson clotheslined tiny (5'4" 150 lbs) Chiefs returner (known as "Super Gnat" because he moved and dodged like one), tall but thin (Taylor raced over to Davidson knocking him down..................then commenced to do an Indian dance on his body. This was the last straw for Taylor, as Davidson had in a previous game cheap shot speared QB Len Dayson in the back while he had already was indisputably down and laying helplessly on the ground..........that led to Taylor and the Chiefs bench coming to Dawson's aid and jumped on Devidson, getting into a benchk clearing all-out rolling on the ground punch fest lasting long enough to require a long delay of the game..............and a rule change...........the Ben Davidson Rule................6 years later!

Yea those were the good ole days when we had some real bench-clearing brawls between teams and yea the Raiders were the Chiefs hated rival for both the teams and the fans: The Hank Stram teams led by the Dawson-Taylor offense and the great Body Bell on the defense.
I met Stram once, at Hobby Airport as he was making a connection, probably to his native NOLA area.
He was in a wheelchair with a Hobby empolyee pushing him and wouldn't talk to me so i chased him I dunno how far, maybe 100 yards i n a full sprint in the airport with the attendant at Stram's command pushing his chair with me in hot pursuit.
When I finally caught up with him and stuck my hand and said you're""Hank Stram, Chiefs coach, right ?" to which he replied "the last guy who said that to me I punched him in the face". He grinned and I grinned, we shook hands after I told my whole family were big Chiefs fans for years. I guess he was in pretty bad shape those last few years of his life.

SF defensive line just got stronger with them agreeing to a deal with top free agent Javon Hargraves

Back