Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Random Thought of the Day

I'm sure that was discussed during his interview with Chris Ballard. Steichen was OC with the Chargers when they took Herbert, and of course coached Jalen Hurts. My guess is Young, but I also believe that's the prevalent ranking among NFL teams.

Two very different style of QB, so the choice is not obvious and he will adjust to strengths apparently

Surely that's subject to change. I think the interviews play a very big role in how teams rank these guys.
Remember Kenny "small hands" Picket from last years Combine ?
We know the weigh-ins this year will be very important especially for the smaller prospects like Bryce Young.

I suspect Richardson will be going up and in that top 5 range. Every offensive mind will want to make him the next Jalen Hurts/Josh Allen or Cam Newton (MVP version) and he’s got the best physical tools in the draft.
I'm led to believe he is a bit raw.
Oh well, some good coaching should help with that.

The Rams spent 24% of their cap in 2021 in acquiring and paying Stafford. This bs had already been debunked. The next theorem will be that teams have to spend over 17% of their cap on the QB position to win the Super Bowl.
This isn't what the experts say. But you know more than they do.

Anyways, can you spell OUTLIER. If Philly had won, which they should've won, would you be making this post?

Truth is since the cap began the 2 greatest QB's of this generation are the only QB's to break the trend. Burrow might be the only other guy to do it and the sample size from 1994 isn't a short period of time either.

What I dont get is your really pushing for QB's to get paid despite this evidence.

only 3 qbs drafted in the top three have ever won a SB for the team that drafted them

Bradshaw
Aikman
Manning, P

*Elway wasn't drafted by the Broncos, nor was Eli by the Giants

Surprisingly a Houston team (Oilers) are in the top 10 of most consecutive playoff appearances.

1. - 11 seasons: New England Patriots 2009–19
2. - 09 seasons: Dallas Cowboys 1975–83
3. - 09 seasons: Indianapolis Colts 2002–10
4. - 08 seasons: Pittsburgh Steelers 1972–79
5. - 08 seasons: Los Angeles Rams 1973–80
6. - 08 seasons: San Francisco 49ers 1983–90
7. - 08 seasons: Green Bay Packers 2009–16
8. - 08 seasons: Kansas City Chiefs 2015–22
9. - 07 seasons: Houston Oilers 1987–93

I suspect Richardson will be going up and in that top 5 range. Every offensive mind will want to make him the next Jalen Hurts/Josh Allen or Cam Newton (MVP version) and he’s got the best physical tools in the draft.

I really pity the team that makes that type of investment in either Richardson or Levis. Physical tools are abundant, but the ticker between their ears is what concerns me. For me, both of these guys are RD3 or later talent. It would make my day to see the Colts take a swing on one of the two.

The Rams spent 24% of their cap in 2021 in acquiring and paying Stafford. This bs had already been debunked. The next theorem will be that teams have to spend over 17% of their cap on the QB position to win the Super Bowl.
I'm curious about how many teams paying their left tackle big money have won a SB. Per over the cap in 2023 Tunsil's cap hit will be $35,210,834 or 15.4% of the cap.

I'm curious about how many teams paying their left tackle big money have won a SB. Per over the cap in 2023 Tunsil's cap hit will be $35,210,834 or 15.4% of the cap.

The notion is merely to be responsible with your cap spending. It's that simple. And it's something most anyone can agree with.

The QB blah blah blah part is merely people painting a target around an arrow. They'll erase their target when necessary, ie when it's no longer valid, and feverishly paint some more to fit their needs. Etc, etc, etc..

The notion is merely to be responsible with your cap spending. It's that simple. And it's something most anyone can agree with.

The QB blah blah blah part is merely people painting a target around an arrow. They'll erase their target when necessary, ie when it's no longer valid, and feverishly paint some more to fit their needs. Etc, etc, etc..
Tell us when this will be og wise one. Please gift us with your abounding knowledge of all things.

Fact is there's a trend with the only guys to beat the trend are the 2 greatest QB's in the 28 yrs. Continue on

Tell us when this will be og wise one. Please gift us with your abounding knowledge of all things.

Fact is there's a trend with the only guys to beat the trend are the 2 greatest QB's in the 28 yrs. Continue on

I'm not carrying around the paint for the target.

Funny, once not that long ago it was 'none at all, can't happen' absolute rule.. now it's only 'those two'..

Could an option ever be to say, 'well f*ck, that was wrong..'?

Nah, I doubt it.

meanwhile 13%ers talk about how malleable the cap is

I'm not carrying around the paint for the target.

Funny, once not that long ago it was 'none at all, can't happen' absolute rule.. now it's only 'those two'..

Could an option ever be to say, 'well f*ck, that was wrong..'?

Nah, I doubt it.
Can you say outlier and K.C. shouldn't have won that game.

It's gonna have to be more than twice in 24 yrs to even consider it to be nothing more than outliers of the 2 greatest QB's of their generations to beat the trend

But you can admit you're wrong at any time.

Can you say outlier and K.C. shouldn't have won that game.

It's gonna have to be more than twice in 24 yrs to even consider it to be nothing more than outliers of the 2 greatest QB's of their generations to beat the trend

But you can admit you're wrong at any time.

Are you kidding me.. I called it several days ago..
Mahomes currently takes up 17.5% of the Chiefs cap, so go ahead and just award the Lombardi to the Eagles.

So, if the Chiefs win, it'll be updated no QB making 18% of the team's salary cap has ever won a Super Bowl. ;)

No, if KC wins it'll be 'Mahomes is an outlier'..

You're childlike predictable..

If you'd like, just ask and I'll tell you when you're ready for your binky..

Back