Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Random Thought of the Day

I think what you will see starting this year is a premium being put on drafting a top WR. The wiser GMs will start drafting high-profile WRs almost every year vs paying the going price of the Divas and Prima Donnas of $25MM to $30MM a year. This should make for some interesting trades during the draft. WR needy teams jockeying for position to get a top WR. Could play right into the Texan's hands. I had WRs George Pickens and Skyy Moore penciled in at #37 in my mock draft. I can now see both of them being drafted in the 1st RD.

If Bills GM Brandon Beane is correct then perhaps the WR position becomes devalued like the RB position because it is going to be so easy to get quality production from the position. Focus on getting an elite QB and they will make it work with whoever you have on a rookie contract:

“I think you’re going to see receivers every year, from now on, being one of the deeper classes because of all the 7-on-7 and all the passing that’s starting at youth level,” Beane said. “You go watch Pop Warner football, they’re chucking the ball. None of us got to do that when we were little. If you threw it twice a game you were lucky. So I think that’s going to be a position that will generally be one of the deep ones in every draft.”

A very good player so far. His injury history tells me it's going to catch up to him sooner than later...........for whomever might be thinking of taking him on, likely in the first year or two. The injuries below are not a complete list....and they don't tell the whole story. His recurrent hamstring problems date well back into college. They have been an issue even when he has not missed games. As he has tried to play through them on numerous occasions when they were not even listed, they have offered him the gift of a basket of compensatory injuries.

View attachment 10052
Who???

The Giants are looking to trade 2021 1st round pick WR Toney Kadarius.

Toney has opted not to take part in the team’s voluntary offseason program under new coach Brian Daboll, which could serve as the last straw for the Giants.

According to Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News , “There was some internal momentum for bailing on Toney during his tumultuous rookie season a year ago. His commitment came into question behind the scenes during his rookie year due to lack of playbook study, poor meeting behavior and frequent injuries.”

Toney had foot issues that limited his work in the spring after a late start due to a delay in signing his contract. He then dealt with COVID-19 and a hamstring injury during training camp. Toney expressed discontent with a limited role early in the regular season before missing six of the final seven games with another bout of COVID, an oblique injury and a shoulder injury.

He was ejected from a loss to the Cowboys for throwing a punch.

****************************************************************************************

This is a player that every NFL team should be falling all over themselves to try to trade for.................:backsout:

Betting on draft picks highlights the importance of protecting inside information

April 24, 2022, 11:16 AM EDT

The first nine sections of Playmakers look to the past. The tenth section of Playmakers looks to the future.
The future remains bright for the NFL, mainly because it’s the NFL. But there are challenges. Many come from the ongoing spread of legalized gambling, a dynamic the NFL loathed until the moment the NFL realized just how much money the NFL could make from it.

Bets can be made on anything and everything, including umpteen different forms of wagers regarding who gets drafted and when.

Generally speaking, inside information (known in the corporate world as material nonpublic information) can influence various forms of betting on games. Eventually, however, the games are played. They take on a life of their own. As Mike Tyson once said, “Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.” (Tyson recently proved that point, by repeatedly punching in the mouth a guy who surely didn’t have that in his plans for the flight he was taking.)

When it comes to the draft, there is no game to be played. Teams know what they’re planning to do. They know who they like. They know who they don’t like. And that information becomes very valuable for those who would like to parlay this knowledge into cash.

It’s easy to catch Calvin Ridley, who foolishly used his own phone to bet on games. It’s a lot harder to police the misappropriation of secret information about intended draft picks.

The dynamic applies not only to the possibility of people who work for teams trying to directly disseminate inside information to those who would then act on it. It can happen indirectly, too. Last year, for example, an ESPN host won nearly $300,000 by picking the first safety to be drafted in multiple wagers with BetMGM. (Part of the problem was that BetMGM listed Tyson Campbell as a safety, when he actually was a cornerback.) While it was never explained whether the host’s plan to bet heavily on Campbell was based on information gleaned from ESPN’s insiders and/or draftniks, it’s a prime example of the problems that potentially can arise in a world of legalized betting, particularly regarding events like the NFL draft.

Of course, it’s not really a problem until evidence of it happening emerges. It will likely take someone being reckless with the knowledge of inside information being shared — or someone being vindictive and blowing the whistle — for the situation to become a scandal. And the NFL likely won’t do much of anything about any of this until it hits the fan.

That’s when the NFL will say something like, “We had no idea this could happen!” And that’s when the NFL will slap together new rules aimed at keeping it from happening again. Even if those rules should have been in place from the get-go.

Here’s the reality. At some point, there will be a sufficiently large scandal to get the attention of legislators
and/or prosecutors, potentially culminating in the NFL permanently having to deal with federal regulators when it comes to anything and everything regarding the potential misuse of inside information for wagering purposes.

Betting on draft picks highlights the importance of protecting inside information
April 24, 2022, 11:16 AM EDT

The first nine sections of Playmakers look to the past. The tenth section of Playmakers looks to the future.
The future remains bright for the NFL, mainly because it’s the NFL. But there are challenges. Many come from the ongoing spread of legalized gambling, a dynamic the NFL loathed until the moment the NFL realized just how much money the NFL could make from it.

Bets can be made on anything and everything, including umpteen different forms of wagers regarding who gets drafted and when.

Generally speaking, inside information (known in the corporate world as material nonpublic information) can influence various forms of betting on games. Eventually, however, the games are played. They take on a life of their own. As Mike Tyson once said, “Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.” (Tyson recently proved that point, by repeatedly punching in the mouth a guy who surely didn’t have that in his plans for the flight he was taking.)

When it comes to the draft, there is no game to be played. Teams know what they’re planning to do. They know who they like. They know who they don’t like. And that information becomes very valuable for those who would like to parlay this knowledge into cash.

It’s easy to catch Calvin Ridley, who foolishly used his own phone to bet on games. It’s a lot harder to police the misappropriation of secret information about intended draft picks.

The dynamic applies not only to the possibility of people who work for teams trying to directly disseminate inside information to those who would then act on it. It can happen indirectly, too. Last year, for example, an ESPN host won nearly $300,000 by picking the first safety to be drafted in multiple wagers with BetMGM. (Part of the problem was that BetMGM listed Tyson Campbell as a safety, when he actually was a cornerback.) While it was never explained whether the host’s plan to bet heavily on Campbell was based on information gleaned from ESPN’s insiders and/or draftniks, it’s a prime example of the problems that potentially can arise in a world of legalized betting, particularly regarding events like the NFL draft.

Of course, it’s not really a problem until evidence of it happening emerges. It will likely take someone being reckless with the knowledge of inside information being shared — or someone being vindictive and blowing the whistle — for the situation to become a scandal. And the NFL likely won’t do much of anything about any of this until it hits the fan.

That’s when the NFL will say something like, “We had no idea this could happen!” And that’s when the NFL will slap together new rules aimed at keeping it from happening again. Even if those rules should have been in place from the get-go.

Here’s the reality. At some point, there will be a sufficiently large scandal to get the attention of legislators
and/or prosecutors, potentially culminating in the NFL permanently having to deal with federal regulators when it comes to anything and everything regarding the potential misuse of inside information for wagering purposes.
I agree, but the cat has been out of the bag with something as small as fantasy football

Too bad such a talented player Toney has such an extensive injury history...........progressively severe shoulder injuries, dating back to 2017.............and that's not including hamstring, ankle, thumb, quad and oblique injuries. So far Toney and the Giants for some reason have not entertained surgery for his shoulder labrum, which by this time must be fraying significantly. Left untreated, this will typically lead to chronic or recurrent shoulder instability, dislocation, pain, and weakness...........all things that he has been experiencing.

Whatever was known prior to the 2021 Draft was quashed. A long detailed article about another egregious a rape assault on a 15 yr old with virtually no action by Clemson, the justice authorities or the team or the NFL............sickening!

What Did The Bengals Know About Jackson Carman?
KALYN KAHLER
2:26 PM EDT on Apr 28, 2022

On April 30, 2021, the Cincinnati Bengals drafted Jackson Carman in the second round out of Clemson University, where he played left tackle, protecting the blind side of the draft’s first overall pick, quarterback Trevor Lawrence. Carman got the call from the Bengals while surrounded by a big group of family, friends, and his former high school coaches at his home in Fairfield, Ohio, a Cincinnati suburb. He saw the call from area code 513, and said that he just knew.

“It was an amazing feeling, knowing I was going to be home,” Carman told the Cincinnati media that night. “It was indescribable.”

Reporters asked Carman that night about winning the national championship at Clemson, about his favorite high school football game, about what he expected to be the hardest part of transitioning from tackle to guard, as he’d do in the pros. One of the last questions was about his back injury, a herniated disc that required surgery in January. Was he worried how teams might view that coming into the draft?

The back injury was a minor concern for NFL teams compared to Carman’s other red flag, which one scout who does not work for the Bengals described as “disturbing”; employees for five different teams said it was enough for their teams to consider him undraftable. Employees representing two other teams said theirs knocked him down their draft board and wouldn’t consider him before the fourth round. But no reporters asked Carman about that issue on draft night, likely because it had never been reported on.

“Our security guy had a hell of a time getting the reports,” said one personnel executive who works for an NFL team that also had offensive line needs last year. “They did not want to give them up.”

On May 10, 2020, less than a year before Carman’s draft night, a 17-year-old girl, who we will refer to as Jane Doe, called the Clemson University Police Department and said that Carman had raped her two years earlier, when she was 15 years old and he was 18. Carman told police it was consensual. After a five-month investigation by Clemson police, the county solicitor determined there wasn’t sufficient evidence to charge Carman, and the investigation stayed out of the news while Carman became the highest drafted offensive lineman out of Clemson since 1970.

It is unclear how much the Bengals knew about the police investigation before drafting Carman. The team did not respond to multiple requests for comment from Defector, and did not respond to a request to interview Carman.

Defector also spoke to 13 NFL team employees, a group that included scouts, personnel executives, and coaches, none affiliated with the Bengals, who spoke about what they had heard about Carman before the draft, as well as Carman’s unique pro day, during which a representative of his read aloud a statement about the investigation to scouts in attendance. They all agreed that word of a police investigation started to filter through their community a few weeks before the draft, and with little time to find out more details, their teams either pulled Carman from their draft boards or pushed him down to a lower round. But the Bengals—a team with the smallest scouting department in the league, and owned by a legendarily thrifty owner—did not.

CLICK THE TITLE ABOVE FOR THE REST OF THE STORY

SI

Bengals Coach Was Asked About Jackson Carman Rape Allegation

On the night of the first round of the 2022 NFL draft, Bengals coach Zac Taylor opened his press conference by speaking on a story that Defector published that day on offensive lineman Jackson Carman being accused of sexual assault during his time at Clemson.

“First off, I am aware there is a story about Jackson Carman today,” Taylor said. “I don’t have any comment on that.”

Taylor provided no information on the situation, even when another reporter asked later whether the Bengals were aware of the sexual assault allegations against Carman ahead of the 2021 draft.

Defector’s Kalyn Kahler reported on the allegation in detail, a story that had not previously been covered in the media despite the investigation occurring in 2020.

In Kahler’s reporting, Carman was accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl, who is referred to as Jane Doe in the report, when he was an 18-year-old freshman at Clemson. Doe called the Clemson University Police Department to report Carman in May 2020, two years after the incident.

In the detailed account, Doe explains that the two met through Instagram and agreed to go on a couple of dates. On the second date, Carman brought her back to his dorm room. That’s where Carman began kissing her and trying to unzip her pants before she repeatedly told him no.

“And he wouldn’t stop,” Doe told police in her first interview. “And I told him no. I was like, please don’t do this, and he did it anyway. He was on top of me the entire time and at that point if I had already told you no a few times and you’re continuing to do it; I was just scared at that point. I didn’t feel like there was much I could do, so.”

But, despite her pleas, Carman took her pants off. Doe then covered her face in embarrassment, so she could not recount many of the visual details.

“I was embarrassed because I felt like I had no power,” Doe said. “I was kind of in denial of what was going on at the moment. I was like, ‘No, no, I’m—I’m not ready yet; I don’t want to do this.’ And he then took off his sweats and I can’t sit here and tell you I don’t know if he wore protection. I don’t know. I never looked at him. I didn’t—”

Carman began to penetrate her. Doe was asked what she considered this moment to be, and she said “rape“ and that he was “forcing himself on [her].”

These accounts were described in 2020, when Clemson police began the investigation. Carman never spoke to police during the five-month investigation, providing only a written statement on the advice of one of his lawyers, despite initially agreeing to an interview with CUPD. He continued to say the sex was “consensual.”
“I had sex with [redacted] approximately two years ago when I was 18 years old and it was consensual,” Carman’s statement read.

No charges were filed, so Carman was never suspended or put on probation. He was able to still play during the 2020 season at Clemson.

During scout visits in fall 2020, the school never told the NFL teams that Carman was accused of sexual assault. The teams were unaware of the situation until Carman worked out for NFL teams in April 2021 at Clemson, just a few weeks ahead of the 2021 draft. He read aloud a statement once again saying the sex was consensual.

Four teams—Seahawks, Jets, Bears and Texans—then requested for the police reports in 2021. The Bengals did not, and it is unclear whether they were made aware of the accusations or not. One NFL offensive line coach recounted that that Carman answered questions after sharing a statement on the incident during an April workout for teams ahead of the NFL draft.

“That might have been the first time that was brought up,” an unnamed NFL coach who was present that day said. “I think it was a surprise to people; I don’t think anybody had heard that.”

Despite the allegation, the Bengals selected Carman at pick No. 46 in the draft. The team has yet to comment this year on the matter.

********************************************************************************************

Carman's statement to police freely admits that at 18 years old, he had sex with a 15 year old........sex that he referred to as consensual. South Carolina's age of consent law means that a child under the age of 16 CANNOT legally consent to sex, and if someone age 18 or older has sex with a child under the age of 16, he or she can face serious criminal charges. So how to this day have things been swept under the rug including by the NFL?

SI

Bengals Coach Was Asked About Jackson Carman Rape Allegation

On the night of the first round of the 2022 NFL draft, Bengals coach Zac Taylor opened his press conference by speaking on a story that Defector published that day on offensive lineman Jackson Carman being accused of sexual assault during his time at Clemson.

“First off, I am aware there is a story about Jackson Carman today,” Taylor said. “I don’t have any comment on that.”

Taylor provided no information on the situation, even when another reporter asked later whether the Bengals were aware of the sexual assault allegations against Carman ahead of the 2021 draft.

Defector’s Kalyn Kahler reported on the allegation in detail, a story that had not previously been covered in the media despite the investigation occurring in 2020.

In Kahler’s reporting, Carman was accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl, who is referred to as Jane Doe in the report, when he was an 18-year-old freshman at Clemson. Doe called the Clemson University Police Department to report Carman in May 2020, two years after the incident.

In the detailed account, Doe explains that the two met through Instagram and agreed to go on a couple of dates. On the second date, Carman brought her back to his dorm room. That’s where Carman began kissing her and trying to unzip her pants before she repeatedly told him no.

“And he wouldn’t stop,” Doe told police in her first interview. “And I told him no. I was like, please don’t do this, and he did it anyway. He was on top of me the entire time and at that point if I had already told you no a few times and you’re continuing to do it; I was just scared at that point. I didn’t feel like there was much I could do, so.”

But, despite her pleas, Carman took her pants off. Doe then covered her face in embarrassment, so she could not recount many of the visual details.

“I was embarrassed because I felt like I had no power,” Doe said. “I was kind of in denial of what was going on at the moment. I was like, ‘No, no, I’m—I’m not ready yet; I don’t want to do this.’ And he then took off his sweats and I can’t sit here and tell you I don’t know if he wore protection. I don’t know. I never looked at him. I didn’t—”

Carman began to penetrate her. Doe was asked what she considered this moment to be, and she said “rape“ and that he was “forcing himself on [her].”

These accounts were described in 2020, when Clemson police began the investigation. Carman never spoke to police during the five-month investigation, providing only a written statement on the advice of one of his lawyers, despite initially agreeing to an interview with CUPD. He continued to say the sex was “consensual.”
“I had sex with [redacted] approximately two years ago when I was 18 years old and it was consensual,” Carman’s statement read.

No charges were filed, so Carman was never suspended or put on probation. He was able to still play during the 2020 season at Clemson.

During scout visits in fall 2020, the school never told the NFL teams that Carman was accused of sexual assault. The teams were unaware of the situation until Carman worked out for NFL teams in April 2021 at Clemson, just a few weeks ahead of the 2021 draft. He read aloud a statement once again saying the sex was consensual.

Four teams—Seahawks, Jets, Bears and Texans—then requested for the police reports in 2021. The Bengals did not, and it is unclear whether they were made aware of the accusations or not. One NFL offensive line coach recounted that that Carman answered questions after sharing a statement on the incident during an April workout for teams ahead of the NFL draft.

“That might have been the first time that was brought up,” an unnamed NFL coach who was present that day said. “I think it was a surprise to people; I don’t think anybody had heard that.”

Despite the allegation, the Bengals selected Carman at pick No. 46 in the draft. The team has yet to comment this year on the matter.

********************************************************************************************

Carman's statement to police freely admits that at 18 years old, he had sex with a 15 year old........sex that he referred to as consensual. South Carolina's age of consent law means that a child under the age of 16 CANNOT legally consent to sex, and if someone age 18 or older has sex with a child under the age of 16, he or she can face serious criminal charges. So how to this day have things been swept under the rug including by the NFL?

More Clemson trash

On Monday, the NFL announced that the Buccaneers would be designated to play an International Series game in Munich, Germany, during the 2022 season. It will be the first regular-season NFL game ever played in Germany.

Last edited:
Another day, another NFL scandal.............Let's see how they try to sweep this one under the rug...........no doubt, it includes a fake "investigation."

******************************************************************************************

Dan Ventrelle claims multiple female employees made complaints about Mark Davis
May 6, 2022, 8:16 PM EDT

Paging Mary Jo White.

The abrupt departure of team president Dan Ventrelle, announced by the team in a 17-word statement on Friday, has been followed with a much more detailed statement from Ventrelle. And Ventrelle has made accusations that most likely will result in the league ordering up another “independent” investigation by hardly-independent outside lawyer Mary Jo White.

Via Mick Akers of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Ventrelle has made some strong allegations in his own comment on the situation.

“Today, Mark Davis terminated my employment as President of the Las Vegas Raiders,” Ventrelle said. “I have committed almost 18 years of my life to the success of the Raiders as General Counsel and President. I take that responsibility very seriously, which is why multiple written complaints from employees that Mark created a hostile work environment and engaged in other potential misconduct caused me grave concern.

“When Mark was confronted about these issues, he was dismissive and did not demonstrate the warranted level of concern. Given this, I informed the NFL of these issues and of Mark’s unacceptable response.

“Soon thereafter, I was fired in retaliation for raising these concerns. I firmly stand by my decision to elevate these issues to protect the organization and its female employees. I remain committed to doing everything in my power to support the Raiders and the Las Vegas community I now call home. I have retained counsel and will have no further comment at this time.”

If Ventrelle files suit, it’s likely if not certain that the Raiders will try to force the case into the NFL’s secret rigged kangaroo court, which will keep Ventrelle’s claims or the facts underlying the allegations of misconduct from becoming public. Regardless of where it goes from here, Ventrelle’s statement implies that multiple female employees made complaints about owner Mark Davis. Regardless of whatever happened to Ventrelle, the underlying allegations need to be fully and adequately explored.

“Snyder and Jones hate Goodell,” Schnatter said. “I said, ‘No, this is not my job to fire your Commissioner. He works for you.’ Remember, Goodell is a coward, and he is incompetent. And he’s just lucky. Jerry Jones, the owner of the Cowboys, Indra Nooyi [former CEO] with PepsiCo, and Dan Snyder all called me — several other folks — about Goodell’s conduct and the way he was handling this. Jones and Dan Snyder . . . wanted Goodell fired. This is like . . . the first of November, end of October. They called and said, ‘You need to take this guy out. You’re the number one sponsor of the league, as far as notoriety and acceptance and association. Everybody loves you, they love Peyton [Manning, a Papa John’s franchisee and sponsor]. We hate Goodell.'”

Schnatter also claimed during the interview that Snyder called Goodell a “drunk, and yet we pay him $50 million a year.”

“Snyder and Jones hate Goodell,” Schnatter said. “I said, ‘No, this is not my job to fire your Commissioner. He works for you.’ Remember, Goodell is a coward, and he is incompetent. And he’s just lucky. Jerry Jones, the owner of the Cowboys, Indra Nooyi [former CEO] with PepsiCo, and Dan Snyder all called me — several other folks — about Goodell’s conduct and the way he was handling this. Jones and Dan Snyder . . . wanted Goodell fired. This is like . . . the first of November, end of October. They called and said, ‘You need to take this guy out. You’re the number one sponsor of the league, as far as notoriety and acceptance and association. Everybody loves you, they love Peyton [Manning, a Papa John’s franchisee and sponsor]. We hate Goodell.'”

Schnatter also claimed during the interview that Snyder called Goodell a “drunk, and yet we pay him $50 million a year.”
That's sort of funny in that Jerry Jones and probably half of the NFL owners have an alcoholic history.

[/URL]
This should be no surprise. The entire contracts of the first 28 picks of the first round were fully guaranteed in 2021 (two more players than in 2020). The deals for the final four picks of the first round last year were guaranteed for the first three years.

This should be no surprise. The entire contracts of the first 28 picks of the first round were fully guaranteed in 2021 (two more players than in 2020). The deals for the final four picks of the first round last year were guaranteed for the first three years.

Color me surprised. I didn’t know this.

If the rookie contracts have a history of being guaranteed then it isn’t the fact that Watson’s contract is guaranteed but the amount? What am I missing?

Color me surprised. I didn’t know this.

If the rookie contracts have a history of being guaranteed then it isn’t the fact that Watson’s contract is guaranteed but the amount? What am I missing?
There is virtually no room for negotiating a first rnd Draft rookie contract, the CBA basically ensures 4 of the potential 5 yrs (mostly in the form of signing bonus). Second round draftees receive 2 years of guarantee. All draftees have the option of trying to negotiate for a 5th year option with their teams............in those cases, for even those originally having no years guaranteed, if the player and team agrees to a 5th year, the 4th year as well as the 5th year salary will automatically be guaranteed.

**************************************************************************************

Despite Guarantees, Not All First-Round Contracts The Same
Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
Unlike past editions, no one was totally sure who the No. 1 pick would be heading into Thursday night’s NFL Draft. One thing, however, was predetermined: All first-round picks will get a four year contract and guaranteed signing bonuses.
When the Jacksonville Jaguars picked Georgia defensive lineman Travon Walker with the first-overall pick, Walker knew instantly that he had just landed a four-year, $41.4 million deal and a $27.3 million signing bonus.
But not all first-round picks are the same. Sliding in the draft can cost a player tens of millions of dollars when it comes to his rookie deal. The difference in contract value at the top, middle, and bottom of the first round is significant.
  • No. 2 overall pick: $39.6M, $25.9M signing bonus
  • No. 16 overall pick: $16.4M, $9.1M signing bonus
  • No. 32 overall pick: $12.4M, $6.2M signing bonus
Players and teams can negotiate for a fifth-year option upon completion of their third season. When a fifth-year option is picked up, the fourth-year salary is guaranteed. This could be the first year most of the draftees have had that guarantee.

Rookies who are drafted, from the first overall to Mr Irrelevant, can only have four year contracts: no more, no less. A fifth year can be negotiated at the end of the third season, but even that has a few caveats associated with it.

If a player does get a new fifth-year extension, that season’s salary is fully guaranteed. At the point that the fifth-year option is picked up, his fourth-year salary becomes guaranteed as well. This will likely be the first time most of these draftees have had such a guarantee.

Text messages that have Earl Thomas in trouble were sent before he made recent push to return to NFL

May 8, 2022, 10:27 AM EDT

On April 22, former NFL safety Earl Thomas persuaded ESPN’s Adam Schefter to blast to his 9+ million followers a tweet letting the football-following world know that Thomas is ready to play again. (The usual approach is for the agent to contact the various teams directly.) As it turns out, Thomas already had fully cooked his football goose, at least for the foreseeable future if not for good.

A closer look at the circumstances arising from the April 27 issuance of an arrest warrant for Thomas, who faces third-degree felony charges for allegedly violating a protective order two or more times within a 12-month period, shows that the texts that provided the basis for the arrest warrant were sent before Thomas texted Schefter about the player’s desire to return to the NFL.

The tweet pushing for Thomas to return to the NFL was posted on April 22. The texts in question, including an alleged threat to poison his children, were sent on April 18 and 19.

His lawyers have denied all wrongdoing. As of Saturday afternoon, Thomas had not yet been booked on the pending charges.

Maybe OB and his talk of the system tarnished things for me. But i’d be concerned as a Bears fan hearing a coach that got promoted off superstars like Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams talking about “the system” making their young QB successful.

Maybe OB and his talk of the system tarnished things for me. But i’d be concerned as a Bears fan hearing a coach that got promoted off superstars like Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams talking about “the system” making their young QB successful.

Agree.
Daniel Jones is no Aaron Rogers so the receivers are gonna have to give him plenty of help.

There's nothing wrong with a system. Everybody has one.

The problem is that some people can implement a system & some people can only run a system. You don't know really, until they go out on their own & try to implement a system.

BO'b did fine running the Patriots system when he was in New England. A system that was put in place long before he got there. He didn't do so well implementing the system here. There were a lot of reasons for that, but it still boils down to, couldn't do it. He's doing fine running the system in Alabama. A system that was put in place long before he got there. Maybe he can implement the system somewhere other than Houston. Who knows?

There's nothing wrong with a system. Everybody has one.

The problem is that some people can implement a system & some people can only run a system. You don't know really, until they go out on their own & try to implement a system.

BO'b did fine running the Patriots system when he was in New England. A system that was put in place long before he got there. He didn't do so well implementing the system here. There were a lot of reasons for that, but it still boils down to, couldn't do it. He's doing fine running the system in Alabama. A system that was put in place long before he got there. Maybe he can implement the system somewhere other than Houston. Who knows?

You can't implement your system when you've got issues at QB. All you can do is modify your system to try to fit your QBs strengths and try to mask his weaknesses.

You can't implement your system when you've got issues at QB. All you can do is modify your system to try to fit your QBs strengths and try to mask his weaknesses.
Agree. But if you’re the one picking the QBs, Fitz, Hoyer, Osweiler, it goes towards “can’t implement a system”

same thing with OL. He’s bringing those guys in & he couldn’t do it.

He even got rid of the GM, couldn’t do it. He became his own GM, couldn’t do it.

Most coaches don’t get the opportunities BO’b has had.

Agree. But if you’re the one picking the QBs, Fitz, Hoyer, Osweiler, it goes towards “can’t implement a system”

same thing with OL. He’s bringing those guys in & he couldn’t do it.

He even got rid of the GM, couldn’t do it. He became his own GM, couldn’t do it.

Most coaches don’t get the opportunities BO’b has had.

I'm certainly not taking up for BOB the GM. But the former GM's job was to get him a franchise QB and he failed at that job. The 2 QBs BOB wanted were Jimmy G and Mahomes. RS failed to get the guy BOB wanted. Why? Because of dysfunction and the fact that these men hated each other.

I'm just glad that seeing the war room this yr that the GM/HC seem to be aligned and the dysfunction seems to be a thing of the past.

Funny thing about O'Brien's "system": he still got the team to the playoffs four out of six seasons. Imagine what he could have done with a competent GM and consistent QB that could actually run the entire playbook.

I'm certainly not taking up for BOB the GM. But the former GM's job was to get him a franchise QB and he failed at that job. The 2 QBs BOB wanted were Jimmy G and Mahomes. RS failed to get the guy BOB wanted. Why? Because of dysfunction and the fact that these men hated each other.

I'm just glad that seeing the war room this yr that the GM/HC seem to be aligned and the dysfunction seems to be a thing of the past.

Didn't get the memo? Lovie is running the show. It seems that Casserio is only a window dressing file clerk. :rolleyes:

:coffee:

Back