Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Daniel Snyder remains on four NFL committees
March 30, 2022, 7:25 PM EDT

JP Finlay of NBC Sports Washington noted earlier today that Snyder serves on these groups: legalized sports betting; business ventures; fan engagement and major events; and international. While Snyder’s ongoing presence on these committees doesn’t conflict with the idea that he’s not involved in day-to-day operations, it looks weird.

And many people wonder how Watson has thus far been let off so easily by the NFL.

The Lions have been chosen this year’s Hard Knocks. Only the Lions, Jets and Panthers were eligible to be forced into the show this season. The way to avoid Hard Knocks is to make the playoffs, as teams that have made the playoffs within the last two years can’t be forced to do it.

Interesting. Didn’t know so few current QB coaches actually played QB in the NFL. Also, it makes me feel old that I can easily remember watching Griese and Brunell play QB.

“Griese and Detroit’s Mark Brunell are the league’s only current quarterbacks coaches who made more than two starts or threw more than 82 passes in the NFL, per Branch. Only five of the league’s quarterbacks coaches threw a pass in the NFL.

The last 49ers’ quarterbacks coach who played in the NFL was Matt Cavanaugh in 1996.”

df?

1648854459487.png
The Buffalo Bills are adding another alternate jersey to their rotation for the 2022 season!
While many fans were calling for the return of the red helmets that were made famous by the Bills teams of the 90s, the team went in a totally different direction. The brand-new uniforms are inspired by one of the biggest staples of Buffalo – the chicken wing.

Merde! I just "got" it.

df?

View attachment 9966
The Buffalo Bills are adding another alternate jersey to their rotation for the 2022 season!
While many fans were calling for the return of the red helmets that were made famous by the Bills teams of the 90s, the team went in a totally different direction. The brand-new uniforms are inspired by one of the biggest staples of Buffalo – the chicken wing.

Merde! I just "got" it.
I really wish there was a smdh option in the "like" menu.

Or a face palm

Jags will be harder to beat this season.
They acquired TE Evan Engram and will select a good young Dlineman from this draft.

Everyone should be elated that the NFL has opened up legalized gambling.........especially since it is run so honestly.

*************************************************************************************
Browns are off the board for 2022 over/under win totals

The sports books are posting over/under regular-season win totals for the 2022 season. One team has been omitted from the list.

The Browns, at PointsBet and elsewhere, are off the board.

The absence of the Browns underscores the uncertainty surrounding quarterback Deshaun Watson. If/when Watson is suspended, it will impact the number of games the Browns win.

Keeping the Browns off the board also protects the sports books against someone other than the sports books having inside information as to the number of games Watson will miss. If the sports books know, they can set the right number. If someone else finds out first, they can get an edge.

Recently, the Westgate SuperBook called for the NFL to investigate the possibility that someone who placed major bets on the Buccaneers to make it to the Super Bowl and win it had inside information about quarterback Tom Brady‘s looming unretirement.

At some point, we’ll know whether and to what extent Watson will be suspended. At that point, the Browns will end up back the board. The shorter the suspension, the higher the number.

I agree. Every time we've said it, there were good reasons.

Then they go jag it up.
I hope you're right, because if they are even 20% more effective, they will be a pain.
Then add a dangerous Colts and Titans and this division is going to be difficult to win.

Kaepernick believes he can still start in the NFL, but he understands the landscape. He said he would accept a chance to return as a backup.

“I can help make you a better team. I can help you win games,” he said. “I know right now the situation likely won’t allow me to come in and step into a starting role. I know I’ll be able to work my way to that and show that very quickly.”

LINK

As the Boston Globe has previously reported, Goodell for some very strange reason continues to shield Snyder from every aspect. I guess if you have the NFL backing you, why would you need organized crime support? But now you can have a two-fer. :chef:

And Goodell and the League has allowed him to keep the franchise and go back to controlling everyday business affairs........contra to everything we have been made to believe.
Explanation of the above:

NFL teams don’t keep all of their ticket revenue, and they don’t directly share any of the money from each given game with the opponent. Instead, 40 percent of the gate from every game goes into a league-wide pool that goes in equal portions to all teams. (Home teams deduct 15 percent of the total ticket revenue for expenses, making it basically a 66-34 percent share of the gross and a 60-40 split of the net.)

So, if this is true, Snyder got 1/32nd of the 40-percent payments generated by the other 31 teams — and he failed to pony up all of the 40-percent chunk that should have gone to his partners.

His partners have protected him when it comes to the investigation regarding workplace misconduct because, indirectly, they are protecting themselves from having similar allegations threaten the hold on their franchises. If it can be proven that he has been picking his partners’ pockets, his partners quite likely will be kicking his ass out of the house.

.......or not.

Actually they are. Who is still on the team that went to the AFC Championship game?

They are not too far removed from being the worst team in the league back to back seasons. And Trent Baalke is still their GM.
You don't think Lawrence can elevate them this season?

Back