Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Random Thought of the Day

BUF vs SF
How in the hell does the SF replay guy look at that and say yea let’s challenge it? His butt was down and the ball was a half yard short

What dont you like about Williams?

His kamikaze brand of defense that ultimately gets exposed at some point. There's a time and a place for everything, even really really good things, but that doesn't seem to apply to Williams.

And of course his making a distinct point to want to injure other players beyond the scope of competition. It's disgusting as far as I'm concerned and if that's the level one has to sink to to succeed then that pretty much sums that person up.

Reactions: JB
His kamikaze brand of defense that ultimately gets exposed at some point. There's a time and a place for everything, even really really good things, but that doesn't seem to apply to Williams.

And of course his making a distinct point to want to injure other players beyond the scope of competition. It's disgusting as far as I'm concerned and if that's the level one has to sink to to succeed then that pretty much sums that person up.

I'm sure Williams would tell you to kiss his ring.

Lucky for Lamar Jackson the Cowboys secondary is as about as great as ours is. Jackson has been missing all over the place this season.

I'm going to have to resolve that we'll never get out of Dallas' shadow. Just when I think we're #1 in something, I see the stat that they actually have the #1 worse run defense in the league.

After Washington received a break from officials at the end of the first half with a clock stoppage before a field goal attempt Monday night, the NFL tweaked its end-of-half officiating procedures.

Ben Austro of Football Zebras reported the changes that transpired after quarterback Alex Smith carried the ball off the field with him as the team’s field goal unit ran onto the field with the clock running and Washington out of timeouts.

Umpire Roy Ellison, who didn’t quickly get a K ball from the team ball handlers to spot, stopped the clock under the rule that allows stoppages for administrative delays. Former NFL referee and NBC rules analyst Terry McAulay tweeted during the game that the officiating crew erred.

How are they not overturning these no catch calls. Just now Marvin Jones drug both feet near the goal line, an amazing effort. Earlier today I believe it was Zach Ertz, same thing, visible evidence and they still let the no catch call stand. In both instances the broadcast crew and the ex rules official or whatever ALL agreed they were catches. Why have replay if you continue to DEFY it?!?!? It’s this kinda of crap that fuels speculation of game rigging. Just get the damn call right

I'm sure you guys already know, but I'm going to admit I was wrong, way wrong about the state of the AFC. I really thought 9 wins was going to get a team into the play-offs, especially considering there's an extra spot this year. But the AFC ain't playing around this year. 10 win minimum.

Wait. I thought that was a bad thing. A top 3 QB throwing to a top 3 WR and targeting him over 150 times this year while WR2 and WR3 have 30 catches.

Can someone remind me why Rodgers giving Adams such a high percentage of the WR targets is a terrible thing?:kitten:

There's a big difference between what DW4/Hopkins was doing and what Rodgers/Adams are doing. But I dont expect you to see the difference. Starting with the different types of offenses that are being run.

Oh come on steelb that sounds like excuses to me. But ill give you the benefit of a doubt and id actually like to know the difference between the two

The WCO features the WR positon that Rice/AJ/Adams play/played, along with the TE position and RB's that the pass is part of the run game. Not so much the other WR position or the slot WR position. The EP system features both WR positions more as well as the TE position. The RB's aren't really part of the passing game as much. There isn't as much of a WR1 and if there is a WR1 it would be the slot guy or a TE.

Of course whatever BOB was trying to run this would be hard to tell. Because they never had an effective Slot WR or TE.

The WCO features the WR positon that Rice/AJ/Adams play/played, along with the TE position and RB's that the pass is part of the run game. Not so much the other WR position or the slot WR position. The EP system features both WR positions more as well as the TE position. The RB's aren't really part of the passing game as much. There isn't as much of a WR1 and if there is a WR1 it would be the slot guy or a TE.

Of course whatever BOB was trying to run this would be hard to tell. Because they never had an effective Slot WR or TE.
OK. I'll play. Are the Bills running the EP system with Brian Daboll? Looks like they will target their new WR1 (Stephon Diggs) over 150 times in his first season with the team. Last time I checked, Diggs was not a slot WR or TE.

As far as RBs not involved in the EP passing game. Do you know that Patriots, RB James White has more receptions (362) than carries (305). In fact, in 7 seasons, he's been targeted 487 times.

When you consider how Josh Allen has improved when he has a legit WR1, can someone remind me why Allen giving Diggs such a high percentage of the WR targets is a terrible thing?:kitten:

Last edited:
I hope the Texans are watching WR, Antonio Brown closely. Brady is starting to enjoy AB but he's still behind the other receivers in TB. In Houston, AB could easily return to his WR1 position which gives Watson a much needed target. It would make Cook available for trade and probably a solid RD3 pick in return. Texans could still draft a solid WR to team with Brown, Cobbs, Coutee, and Hansen.

OK. I'll play. Are the Bills running the EP system with Brian Daboll? Looks like they will target their new WR1 (Stephon Diggs) over 150 times in his first season with the team. Last time I checked, Diggs was not a slot WR or TE.

As far as RBs not involved in the EP passing game. Do you know that Patriots, RB James White has more receptions (362) than carries (305). In fact, in 7 seasons, he's been targeted 487 times.

When you consider how Josh Allen has improved when he has a legit WR1, can someone remind me why Allen giving Diggs such a high percentage of the WR targets is a terrible thing?:kitten:

Daboll isn't running the EP sytem either. He's running something more like what the Seahawks run. The Pats aren't running the EP systemeither. Although a 3rd down RB which White is will get receptions (Think Dave Meggett) the main RB isn't used in the passing game.

Look I just think the offenses that are more diverse like the Chiefs are more effective offenses. Allen was going to improve anyway because he had the talent. Adding OL and Diggs to what they already had Brown/Beasley/Drafting Davis made the Bills a very formidable WR corps. Trading for Diggs let everybody fall into what was their natural roles. Diggs is the leading WR in the NFL in terms of receptions. Although I would take Adams over him.

My top 5 WR's in the NFL right now are (This comes from a being feared side not a number of receptions side) 1. Adams 2. Diggs 3. Hill 4. Metcalf 5. Hopkins.

Who are your top 5?

Daboll isn't running the EP sytem either. He's running something more like what the Seahawks run. The Pats aren't running the EP systemeither. Although a 3rd down RB which White is will get receptions (Think Dave Meggett) the main RB isn't used in the passing game.

Look I just think the offenses that are more diverse like the Chiefs are more effective offenses. Allen was going to improve anyway because he had the talent. Adding OL and Diggs to what they already had Brown/Beasley/Drafting Davis made the Bills a very formidable WR corps. Trading for Diggs let everybody fall into what was their natural roles. Diggs is the leading WR in the NFL in terms of receptions. Although I would take Adams over him.

My top 5 WR's in the NFL right now are (This comes from a being feared side not a number of receptions side) 1. Adams 2. Diggs 3. Hill 4. Metcalf 5. Hopkins.

Who are your top 5?
I agree with having a diverse offense. My point is regardless of the offense, all WR1 gets targeted at the same volume. Here is my top 5. They are all close and can be ranked based on preferences.
1. Hopkins (150 targets)
2. Adams (143 targets)
3. Hill (135 targets)
4. Diggs (147 targets)
5. Metcalf (120 targets)

I'll play

Top 5 for this year

1. Adams
2. Hopkins
3. Hill
4. Ridley
5. Metcalf

Damn that was actually harder than I thought, top 5 to 10 is quite close depending on what you prefer
Yes. It’s close and you can’t go wrong with any of the five. I just still find it humorous that a WR1 targets were used to criticize Hopkins and Watson when every WR1 targets are similar.

Last edited:
I agree with having a diverse offense. My point is regardless of the offense, all WR1 gets targeted at the same volume. Here is my top 5. They are all close and can be ranked based on preferences.
1. Hopkins (150 targets)
2. Adams (143 targets)
3. Hill (135 targets)
4. Diggs (147 targets)
5. Metcalf (120 targets)

Diggs looks alot like the best WR in the league tonight.

Why wouldn't a team, especially a QB needy team, not claim Haskins off waivers?

Heck, I'm not against the Texans picking him up, if for nothing else to trade him.

Back