Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Lions fire head coach Matt Patricia, GM Bob Quinn after 4-7 start
https://sports.yahoo.com/lions-fire...ia-gm-bob-quinn-after-47-start-194850883.html

It's time for the Lions to identify the assets worth keeping and gut their mess. I also feel like the time has come for the Lions and Stafford to go their seperate ways. Whoever becomes the next GM......I wouldn't hesitate to contact the Cowboys and kick the tires on trade that would send Stafford to Dallas. Cowboys may not be ready to commit to the big contract in regards to Dak and getting Stafford who's already under contract might be pretty appealing. Stafford would be a completely different QB behind a healthy Cowboys OL and running game Elliott provides.

It's time for the Lions to identify the assets worth keeping and gut their mess. I also feel like the time has come for the Lions and Stafford to go their seperate ways. Whoever becomes the next GM......I wouldn't hesitate to contact the Cowboys and kick the tires on trade that would send Stafford to Dallas. Cowboys may not be ready to commit to the big contract in regards to Dak and getting Stafford who's already under contract might be pretty appealing. Stafford would be a completely different QB behind a healthy Cowboys OL and running game Elliott provides.
I'd pull my hair out if I got sent to Dallas.

New England might be a better place for him.

Chance that Tenn are resting starters in week 17 now. I believe this result is good for the Texans slim chances this season.

Sounds like there are going to be multiple openings for new NFL GMs. So far, at least that I know of, Detroit, Houston and now Jacksonville are looking.

Sounds like there are going to be multiple openings for new NFL GMs. So far, at least that I know of, Detroit, Houston and now Jacksonville are looking.
I suppose you could say JJ Watt got them all fired with his complaint against Bill and play against the other teams?

The Colts punter, Rigoberto Sanchez, who played in yesterday's game, has been diagnosed with cancer which is believed to not have spread. He will undergo surgery tomorrow and will missed the rest of the season. Prayers for the young man.
yes and really glad to see former Texan David Quessenberry starting left tackle. Without the cancer I wonder if he would have been the answer for us a left tackle?

The Colts punter, Rigoberto Sanchez, who played in yesterday's game, has been diagnosed with cancer which is believed to not have spread. He will undergo surgery tomorrow and will missed the rest of the season. Prayers for the young man.
Any word on what type of cancer? They all suck, but was just curious.

Steelers LB Bud Dupree looked to me to have suffered an ACL............we'll probably know more tomorrow.
PFT reported it as a torn ACL for Dupree.
PFT reported "initial tests indicate a torn ACL." Close to 95% of ACLs can be diagnosed on physical exam alone. His MRI today has confirmed his ACL is ruptured.......................ACL #35.

Gregg Williams should absolutely be out of a job, but blaming him for this in particular is kinda ridiculous.

With his history it would be like getting mad at the known convicted child molester you hired as your babysitter for touching your kid while you were away.

Like no f*ck*ng sh*t.

If not the person that made the call, who do you blame for this?

The man not only called an all out blitz but leaves his CB in man coverage vs one of the fastest men in the league.

100 this in on Williams.

If not the person that made the call, who do you blame for this?

The man not only called an all out blitz but leaves his CB in man coverage vs one of the fastest men in the league.

100 this in on Williams.

The guy who hired him knowing full well who/what he is, just like my analogy stated.

Reactions: JB
There’s a time for theory and a time for reality. Theory didn’t lose that game; one ridiculous call did.

It's not a theory that Gase hired the known dipsh*t..

Like I said Williams shouldn't have an nfl job, so I'm fine with firing him. I'm talking about assigning blame for the situation, and Gase left his defense alone with a convicted piece of sh*t and if I'm the owner that's where I'm pointing my finger. Of course if I'm the owner and we're actually talking about the reality of the situation I'm quietly happy af, so ya..

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Back