Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Dak Prescott's irresponsible COVID-19 activities may not bother Jeruh...........but this and the fact that he has now made it known that he has not accepted the franchise tag and does not intend to attend offseason activities whether real or virtual.................can't help but affect 1st year HC McCarthy and his plans for a new offense.

Dak Prescott's irresponsible COVID-19 activities may not bother Jeruh...........but this and the fact that he has now made it known that he has not accepted the franchise tag and does not intend to attend offseason activities whether real or virtual.................can't help but affect 1st year HC McCarthy and his plans for a new offense.
Might be time to bring in a vet QB "backup"? Plenty on the market.

Report: NFL’s contingency plans include shortened season, empty stadiums
April 15, 2020, 7:56 PM EDT

The NFL’s official position is that it’s planning to play a full season in full stadiums. It’s unofficial position is far more pragmatic.

According to the Washington Post, the NFL’s contingency plans include a shortened schedule and playing games in empty or partially empty stadiums.

“As we have said, we are committed to protecting the health of our fans, players, club and league personnel, and communities,” the NFL said in a statement issued to the Post. “We look forward to the 2020 NFL season, and our guidelines and decisions will be guided by the latest advice from medical and public health officials, as well as current and future government regulations. We will continue to plan for the season and will be prepared to adjust as necessary, just as we have done with free agency, the draft, and now the offseason program.”

Beneath that thin patina of confidence, the NFL is planning for playing without fans at all to playing with some fans to playing fewer games.

As a result, the NFL’s schedule — which will be released by May 9 — is being structured to provide maximum flexibility.

Someone posted a “live” screen shot on Twitter of a huge crowd of beach goers in Florida. Apparently the photograph was taken today in Jacksonville just after the beach was reopened to the public.

So long 2020 football season.

Gronk and a 7th to the Bucs for the Pats 4th rd pick. Per Scefter

Can you imagine the b!tching that would go on around here if BOB made this trade.

Good times are headed your way down in Tampa Hook'em.

So the Pats give up a 4th to move a retired player and a 7th to the Bucs?

What did the Bucs give up?

You see when Tom Brady joins your team it becomes a hell of a lot easier to negotiate. Belicheck no longer has that intangible, and the Bucs GM does now for all future deals to improve their roster. This is very exciting. The posts about how Tom Brady was done and had faded out won't age well for the folks that were foolish enough to listen to the Disney sports stations that lied all year last year.

You see when Tom Brady joins your team it becomes a hell of a lot easier to negotiate. Belicheck no longer has that intangible, and the Bucs GM does now for all future deals to improve their roster.

Why didn't Gronk want to play for the Patriots when Brady was there?

Added to Godwin and Evans, Brady will have a plethora of weapons down in Tampa.

"He tells me he feels fantastic, the best he's ever felt," Rosenhaus said. "His weight's back up to 260. He passed his physical with flying colors today. He's just really excited about playing football again, and being in Florida is exciting for him."

Gronkowski told Fox Sports in a text message: "I'm back. I always said when I have that feeling and it feels right, I will be ready to take the field again. And I have that feeling. I'm ready."

Good times are headed your way down in Tampa Hook'em.

At least local sports radio will be a little more entertaining for a while. Who knows what these signings will eventually mean for the field, however, they are generating excitement. I'm seeing a lot more Bucs shirts and hats around here now.

Hopefully, there will be a season.

From a football standpoint, not sure what Arians is going to do with Gronk. His offenses never feature the TE. Now they have a surplus. OJ Howard will probably be traded before or during the draft. I don't think they will move Brate.

Then he retired. I'm wondering why he didn't come back last year, or if he'd come back to play for the Patriots.

Wait a minute, has Gronk even said he's coming back?

Your answers are all very obvious.

His body was banged up and he was sick of Belicheck. His last season he played he was traded in that off season to Detroit, and he said he'd never play with another QB other than TOM and that he'd retire. The trade was rescinded and he played one last year in NE. The rest is history.

At least local sports radio will be a little more entertaining for a while. Who knows what these signings will eventually mean for the field, however, they are generating excitement. I'm seeing a lot more Bucs shirts and hats around here now.

Hopefully, there will be a season.

From a football standpoint, not sure what Arians is going to do with Gronk. His offenses never feature the TE. Now they have a surplus. OJ Howard will probably be traded before or during the draft. I don't think they will move Brate.

Arians is going to let Brady run a major part of the Pats offense with a little bit of Arians offense mixed in. Gronk's going to get his. Brady trusts him more than any receiver on the team.

I think Howard is a goner? What do you think he will bring in trade?

Howard is definitely the odd man out. He's another failed first-round draft pick by Jason Licht. They should have drafted Dalvin Cook at that spot. Howard can still be good somewhere but for whatever reason he's not getting a chance here.

He was the 19th pick in the first round. They might get a 3rd out of him. Who knows.

Gronkowski told the Pats that he wanted to come back.............to play for the Bucs. So the Bucs have in turn agreed to send a fourth-round pick to the Patriots for the rights to Gronkowski. The Pats are also sending a seventh-rounder to the Bucs. Gronkowski has agreed to honor his contract, which has one year remaining at a $9 million salary, in addition to a per-game roster bonus of $750,000 and a $250,000 workout bonus.....................a potential total compensation to $10 million.

Arians is going to let Brady run a major part of the Pats offense with a little bit of Arians offense mixed in. Gronk's going to get his. Brady trusts him more than any receiver on the team.

Got a link or is this your crystal ball yapping?

Brady and Gronk in TB should be interesting. If Brady is indeed permitted to dictate some of the offense, I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to see Gronk and Howard become the better version of Gronk and Hernandez. Great move by TB!!!! This should give OB some insight as to how smart teams handle their “ “win now” approach.

Has Gronkowski become a trend?

Thirty-two year old Percy Harvin wants to get back to playing in the NFL. Harvin last played in 2016, when he appeared in two games for the Bills. Severe hip and knee injuries and migraines plagued his entire NFL career, and he hasn’t played more than nine games in a season since 2011. Besides that, he had anxiety and severe anger issues that consistently led to significant locker room problems with the Bill, Vikings and Seahawks.

Got a link or is this your crystal ball yapping?
he's not the only one speculating; here's a site saying O'Brien ought to trade for him

also Cincy Jungle...

need any more proof we're Cincy south?
J/K
....kinda

Thirty-two year old Percy Harvin wants to get back to playing in the NFL. Harvin last played in 2016, when he appeared in two games for the Bills. Severe hip and knee injuries and migraines plagued his entire NFL career, and he hasn’t played more than nine games in a season since 2011. Besides that, he had anxiety and severe anger issues that consistently led to significant locker room problems with the Bill, Vikings and Seahawks.

Now that pot is legal in the NFL, I bet he doesn't have any problems.

he's not the only one speculating; here's a site saying O'Brien ought to trade for him

also Cincy Jungle...

need any more proof we're Cincy south?
J/K
....kinda

I would say that the Bucs should be on the phone with O'Brien right now, however he's already been taken to the cleaners by other GMs. He's kinda like the guy in the alley who's already been beaten up and robbed. There's not much left to take from him.

Not to mention being an inconsistent player that couldn't even pass a drug test before the combine, well I see his chances at a comeback as more of a parody skit on SNL or In Living Color if anything else.

Not to mention being an inconsistent player that couldn't even pass a drug test before the combine, well I see his chances at a comeback as more of a parody skit on SNL or In Living Color if anything else.

If somebody gives him a chance he will make a team. Especially with the new Pot rules.

Put it to you this way, I'm pretty sure Harvin wouldn't have given the Chiefs a free TD on that kickoff return.

If somebody gives him a chance he will make a team. Especially with the new Pot rules.

Put it to you this way, I'm pretty sure Harvin wouldn't have given the Chiefs a free TD on that kickoff return.

Want to make a friendly bet on that? Harvin was never a consistently good player at any point in his career. He hasn't played since 2016. He won't last half a season on an NFL roster.

Want to make a friendly bet on that? Harvin was never a consistently good player at any point in his career. He hasn't played since 2016. He won't last half a season on an NFL roster.

I didn't say he would last an NFL season. He probably will get hurt. But a 32 yr old pot smoking Harvin is better than Coutee/Cater

I didn't say he would last an NFL season. He probably will get hurt. But a 32 yr old pot smoking Harvin is better than Coutee/Cater

How do you know? That's a huge risk bet to make on a player who was never really good in the first place of the NFL. Maybe he could have been, but I'd take Coutee easily over a 32 year old Bust that hasn't played in 4 years.

Dolphins frantically trying to move up without giving up 1.5. Washington turned down an offer for #2 and word is Miami aggressively after Lions #3. I don't see it without number 5.

How do you know? That's a huge risk bet to make on a player who was never really good in the first place of the NFL. Maybe he could have been, but I'd take Coutee easily over a 32 year old Bust that hasn't played in 4 years.

Sorry Harvin wasn't a bust

He was a very good player who helped the Seahawks win a SB. Did he live up to his draft Hype nope.

Hopefully he's past his anxiety/ hip issues. Pot is legal in the NFL so the Harvin/Gordon's of the world will be eligible to play in the NFL.

The word out here in Cincinnati is that yes Miami is trying to get to #1. To do that, they are trying to get the #3 pick, then offer #5 along with that.
Too bad for them, but there's no way that deal goes through as is. Can't say they would be willing to give up what it would take.

Word again is that the starting price is all three of their Numbers 1's this year, their #1 next year AND 2nd rounders both this year and next.
I guess that's the going price if you believe the guy is a generational talent that will change your franchise for foreseeable future.

I'm glad they are playing hard ball. I don't want to give up Burrow for much less than what they are asking.

If there's a video of him kicking the crap out of some random female, sign him up.

The Bucs get who was the highest ranked OT on pretty much every list I looked at in Wirfs. They got him with the 13th pick of the draft to add protection for Tom Brady. You can't ask for a better first round pick than that when he was BPA and your biggest need. They need to get a RB now and some defensive pieces to help their depth chart.

Last edited:
The Packers drafting Kevin Love was the most interesting thing to happen in the first round to me. Aaron Rodgers has got to be fuming right now. He's a pretty selfish and grumpy type of guy and I highly doubt that he appreciates his new coaching regime passing up on play makers to help to get them over the top and instead getting his long term replacement. It's understandable. I didn't like it when the Pats initially picked Garoppalo when they did as I felt like Tom had plenty of more years and was correct about that. Not sure what Rodgers real situation is, but based on the NFL rules and his age, he should easily have like 5 more good years if he avoids major injury. It was a good pick for the franchise, but not one that is helping to get their team over the mountain right now.

The Packers drafting Kevin Love was the most interesting thing to happen in the first round to me. Aaron Rodgers has got to be fuming right now. He's a pretty selfish and grumpy type of guy and I highly doubt that he appreciates his new coaching regime passing up on play makers to help to get them over the top and instead getting his long term replacement. It's understandable. I didn't like it when the Pats initially picked Garoppalo when they did as I felt like Tom had plenty of more years and was correct about that. Not sure what Rodgers real situation is, but based on the NFL rules and his age, he should easily have like 5 more good years if he avoids major injury. It was a good pick for the franchise, but not one that is helping to get their team over the mountain right now.

Drafting an aging power forward to be your long term replacement would probably make any accomplished qb fume..

Jordan

Back