Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

New HC candidates

I'm not too sure about the bolded part. Not saying we don't have talent, but I certainly don't think we're loaded. We have massive issues as ILB, NT, and in the secondary. Not to mention we don't have outside pass rushers and if we stay 3-4 we'll have to find 2 OLB's who can pass rush. Mercilus has been inconsistent, but I think he has some potential. In the offense, we obviously have a massive question mark at the QB position and if we can't find a good QB we're not going anywhere. Foster has been battling various injuries over the past couple of years and who knows how much he has left in the tank. Andre Johnson will be a year older and the obvious problems in the right side of our o-line. I don't think the Texans will be able to solve every problem, but they have some pieces they can build around like JJ Watt and DeAndre Hopkins. If McNair is really interested in a quick turnaround then he has to be fix the QB position first and foremost. I'm of the opinion you take the best QB available with the #1 because of the potential rewards. Then fix the o-line with good veteran players who can protect a young QB. I'm assuming Cushing will be back healthy so that will take care of the ILB but they must find good backups for him this time around. Lastly, they absolutely must find a couple of good pass rushers and that will make a huge difference on how the defense plays and it will make the secondary's job easier.

I posted earlier that these questionable players are still in question. With the right coaching I think these players could be developed into something special. Brooks reed, Mercilus, Swearinger, McCain - all of these players are young enough that they can still live up to their draft potential. Coaching does wonders and I'm hoping it will as well.

I think it's accurate to say that all of these players are talented but just not very good at their position. Talent will only take you so far before you have to start learning the craft. I don't think they ever had good coaching to develop them into nfl players.

Hopefully you will see why I chose the word "talented" instead of "great"

I posted earlier that these questionable players are still in question. With the right coaching I think these players could be developed into something special. Brooks reed, Mercilus, Swearinger, McCain - all of these players are young enough that they can still live up to their draft potential. Coaching does wonders and I'm hoping it will as well.

I think it's accurate to say that all of these players are talented but just not very good at their position. Talent will only take you so far before you have to start learning the craft. I don't think they ever had good coaching to develop them into nfl players.

Hopefully you will see why I chose the word "talented" instead of "great"

I hope you're correct and that good coaching and a change in philosophy can turn things around, but that doesn't mean you don't at the very least try to acquire new talent. It's going to be a clean slate for everyone and everyone has to compete for the starting job.

I hope you're correct and that good coaching and a change in philosophy can turn things around, but that doesn't mean you don't at the very least try to acquire new talent. It's going to be a clean slate for everyone and everyone has to compete for the starting job.

Oh you bet. Just like every year...gotta reload. I was just saying we weren't exactly a Jacksonville or Oakland.

We have some good building blocks but still need to fill some holes in this years draft.

Oh you bet. Just like every year...gotta reload. I was just saying we weren't exactly a Jacksonville or Oakland.

We have some good building blocks but still need to fill some holes in this years draft.

Hell no we're not. They both BEAT US. The Jags twice. We've got quite a way to go to catch them.

We suck.

Hell no we're not. They both BEAT US. The Jags twice. We've got quite a way to go to catch them.

We suck.

Which doesn't mean the talent level sucks. McNair is dumping Kubiak because the talent level does not suck and therefore the coaching was sub-par. Ask the Chiefs if losing is always an indication of overall talent level sucking, or Indy.

We suck.

Yes because both of those sorry ass teams beat us this season that means they are head and shoulders better than us.

Pfffffft.

If you truly think that both of those teams are better Teams and organizations then you are dead wrong. Just relax there, guy. We had an awful season and just canned our HC. If were betting on who is going farther next season between those three teams...I would call you a fool if you picked either of those two.

I'm with you. He didn't come off as "hands off" in the press conference at all, but that's solely based on my impression. The only time he deferred to Rick at all was the question about the draft which Rick totally sidestepped.

I really don't get where the "hands off" thing comes from. I think that's a myth that's been repeated so many times that everybody believes it. The fact is that no one knows what Bob does, what Cal does, or what Rick does except people on the inside and they aren't talking.

I don't really think it's a bad thing either. I really like the way Bob came off yesterday. I want an owner who knows something about football. It's better than an owner that thinks he knows everything about it.

If anybody has anything to prove me wrong, I'd love to see it because I've been wondering about this for years.

Yesterday was an unintentional peek behind the curtain. The illustrious McNair shine showed a little tarnish. What I learned is Bob McNair could be more like Jerry Jones than anyone thought possible. And there could be a bigger disconnect and mess created by the McNairs than anyone thought possible. No doubt the McNair's aspire to a Committment to Excellence, just not confident they really know what that means. No doubt the McNairs want to win and win very badly. So far including yesterday's PC they have demonstrated they haven't grasped just how to do that. What do I mean by this? I would not be surprised if Lovie Smith was the new Head Coach and Jay Cutler is the new Texans QB. More Mediocrity? More average and ordinary? Yesterday's PC may have been that first step.

Which doesn't mean the talent level sucks. McNair is dumping Kubiak because the talent level does not suck and therefore the coaching was sub-par. Ask the Chiefs if losing is always an indication of overall talent level sucking, or Indy.

McNair only dumped Kubiak because he kept playing Sloth over Keenum. Be realistic. If Kubes won another game or so and kept Keenum playing we would be looking at another 3 yrs of Kubiak most likely.

McNair only dumped Kubiak because he kept playing Sloth over Keenum. Be realistic. If Kubes won another game or so and kept Keenum playing we would be looking at another 3 yrs of Kubiak most likely.

I completely disagree and think you are pretty dillusional if you truly think that.

1. Rex Ryan
2. Jay Gruden
3. Billick
4. Holmgren
5. Shaw
6. Zimmer

We need a HC that adds an edge to the team. What we dont need is a Rick yes man.

I also heard on one of the radio stations that Mike Sherman is willing to suck D across the country to land this gig.

Their offense commited two turnovers, two fumbles, and a safety. And by offense I mean Weeden. The defense otherwise held Henne to less than 200 yards, an Int and sacked him twice for a QB rating of 74.5, MJD was held to 77 yards at 3.3 ypc, etc.

Well said. Numbers never lie... when you read the numbers behind the numbers.

in this case (pun intended) either cutler succeeds or implodes and we draft a QB the following year in a great year for QBs.

i wouldn't mind cutler his certainly not my first option but i don't think his has bad as some suggest

It's NEVER a great year for QBs when you draft 19+. Why doesn't anyone get that? The future is NOT Jay Cutler.

"Why don't we just draft Russell Wilson, the Seahawks did it".

31 teams try to draft that 3rd+ round QB of the future EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Most end up like Mike Glennon (poor at best).

2011 was a year that was supposed to have solid QBs too, the only team it worked out for was #1 pick - Cam Newton. Come the start of 2014 I imagine picks #10 and #12 are jobless while #8 pick is given 1 final chance which he ultimately fails at setting these franchises back 3-4 years each. Oh yeah and one of them will have wasted arguably the greatest RB in NFL history doing so.

LOL, watch out here comes a few pages of curse words and macho BS headed your way!

Haha. I ain't to worried about it. If it's beneath me I'll typically just lurk the rest of the thread. Guys who can't have a discussion but instead want to act big behind a computer screen don't scare me.

Instead of getting involved and turning into one of them I sit back and let them have their day.

Haha. I ain't to worried about it. If it's beneath me I'll typically just lurk the rest of the thread. Guys who can't have a discussion but instead want to act big behind a computer screen don't scare me.

Instead of getting involved and turning into one of them I sit back and let them have their day.

True. I wish more people could debate without resorting to cursing and demeaning.

After 2 "nice guy" head coaches I have a feeling we're going to go another route and pursue a fiery head coach. IMO the perfect scenario would be to hire Jon or Jay Gruden as head coach and bring in a fired Rex Ryan as DC. The entire culture would change here.

I like Lovie Smith, but I don't think he's a fit here. None of the other guys with Bob's criteria excite me either.

After 2 "nice guy" head coaches I have a feeling we're going to go another route and pursue a fiery head coach.

What we have here is a "Pattern of Behavior", a McNair trait, nothing to suggest the McNairs would step outside of their comfort zone. I do hope that Bob will interview David Shaw and Jimbo Fisher if only to experience and become familiar with what a serious, no nonsense, winning attitude, well prepared head coaches are like.

Knowing his corporate mentality, McNair will hire Lovie Smith. End of story. He'll promote it as "the right guy for the job." Never mind his proclamation yesterday that the next coach should have a history of developing QBs.

And that's the problem with McNair: He's almost too conservative to be in an enterprise like pro football. That's been reflected in the team's results - mediocre, at best.

Young, bright guys like Bevell, Toub (KC), Gase (Denver) and Roman (SF, and who once was a Texans assistant) will be hired in the next year or two. Just not by Boardroom Bob. He plays it safe. But, once again, not smart.

That's ridiculous. The Texans organization has unreal attraction that other teams don't. For example:

- a hands off owner
- a #1 draft pick to start your tenure as a new HC
- a defense LOADED with young talent at all levels
- an offense with an all-pro WR, an all-pro RB, two all-pro lineman and a young stud at the WR#2 position
- a division that is probably one of the weakest in the league
- a 2014 last place schedule to get rolling in first year
***added bonus - no state taxe*******

There are many other HC vacancies that are WAY worse off than we are. I would say that we probably have first rights to every HC prospect coming up this next season. No one in their right mind would pass on a gig like this. The only variable is if Rick and Bob make the right choice.

This team is far from a team in shambles. We are set up to compete next year with the right personnel and the right coaching.

I personally think they will.

While I agree with the right HC things could turn around quickly. If Rick can add 3 impact player and 2 more contributing players in this draft.

1. An owner who gives you responibility and says you can do what you want. Except when you try to add a quality player with a troubled past he wont let you do it. Meanwhile your competition Denver/Patriots/Indy are adding players like this. See: Aquib Talib to the Pats. DRC to the Broncos. Vontae Davis to the Colts. Think any of those CB's would look good on the Texans.
2. Other than JJ watt what young talent are you talking about? Cushing? Only plays half a season, KJ, has regressed, JoJo, A shell of himself and far from young. Who else is remotely uberly talented on this defense?
3. Agreed about the WR's except they dont have a WR that can take the top off a defense. Hopefully Posey can develop into this guy 2 yrs removed from his injury. Tell me more about the QB throwing them the ball.alent at key positiond
4. Agreed
5.Agreed
6. Agreed

Is the new HC going to be allowed to lead the org? Bring in a new S&C coach, get a new medical staff? As these are the reasons I feel that injuries seem to plague the Texans roster more than most. Is rick going to make these decisions or is the new HC? Because if it's Rick you can expect more of the status quo and if I'm the prospective HC that's a deal breaker for me.

The truth is that the Texans are the worst team in the NFL for a reason. Coaching and a lack of talent/depth at key positions. OL/NT/CB/S. There's no way a SB contending team would have Keo/Mitchell or McCain/nickle starting on their defense.

While I agree with the right HC things could turn around quickly. If Rick can add 3 impact player and 2 more contributing players in this draft.

1. An owner who gives you responibility and says you can do what you want. Except when you try to add a quality player with a troubled past he wont let you do it. Meanwhile your competition Denver/Patriots/Indy are adding players like this. See: Aquib Talib to the Pats. DRC to the Broncos. Vontae Davis to the Colts. Think any of those CB's would look good on the Texans.
2. Other than JJ watt what young talent are you talking about? Cushing? Only plays half a season, KJ, has regressed, JoJo, A shell of himself and far from young. Who else is remotely uberly talented on this defense?
3. Agreed about the WR's except they dont have a WR that can take the top off a defense. Hopefully Posey can develop into this guy 2 yrs removed from his injury.
4. Agreed
5.Agreed
6. Agreed

Is the new HC going to be allowed to lead the org? Bring in a new S&C coach, get a new medical staff? As these are the reasons I feel that injuries seem to plague the Texans roster more than most. Is rick going to make these decisions or is the new HC? Because if it's Rick you can expect more of the status quo and if I'm the prospective HC that's a deal breaker for me.

I think the questions you raised at the end of your post will expose greatly on who was pushing the buttons when it came to drafts as far as smith or kubiak is concerned. We will find out how smart/dumb he is with the new
Hire.

I think the questions you raised at the end of your post will expose greatly on who was pushing the buttons when it came to drafts as far as smith or kubiak is concerned. We will find out how smart/dumb he is with the new
Hire.

You should be worried that Rick is being allowed to hire the new HC.

Knowing his corporate mentality, McNair will hire Lovie Smith. End of story. He'll promote it as "the right guy for the job." Never mind his proclamation yesterday that the next coach should have a history of developing QBs.

And that's the problem with McNair: He's almost too conservative to be in an enterprise like pro football. That's been reflected in the team's results - mediocre, at best.

Young, bright guys like Bevell, Toub (KC), Gase (Denver) and Roman (SF, and who once was a Texans assistant) will be hired in the next year or two. Just not by Boardroom Bob. He plays it safe. But, once again, not smart.

I've been calling the Lovie Smith hire for weeks now. It fits in perfectly with McNair and his fairy tales, with Lovie being an East Texas native, Black coach, and he has had some good success in Chicago. The only knock against Lovie is that the previous coach here was like him, but at least Lovie has had more success than Kubiak and the players/fans in Chicago still love him.

3. Agreed about the WR's except they dont have a WR that can take the top off a defense. Hopefully Posey can develop into this guy 2 yrs removed from his injury. Tell me more about the QB throwing them the ball.alent at key positiond
4. Agreed
5.Agreed
6. Agreed

The truth is that the Texans are the worst team in the NFL for a reason. Coaching and a lack of talent/depth at key positions. OL/NT/CB/S. There's no way a SB contending team would have Keo/Mitchell or McCain/nickle starting on their defense.

I don't agree with the bolded , you're acting like rick made no attempts to improve the roster. Ed reed was brought in to be the safety for the next couple years. Ozzie newsome also made a bad move this off season by paying huff his money. No one bats 1.000 my good sir , people make mistakes

I have little-to-no confidence in McNair (and Smith) to make the right choice.

The team is no further along now than it was 10 years ago.

Sad, but true.

In the end, Boardroom Bob is simply a newer version of Bottom Line Bud (Adams), albeit with smoother edges.

You should be worried that Rick is being allowed to hire the new HC.

I don't think Smith is the devil as you do.

Is he the best GM in the league? No.

Is he right at/or above average? I think so.

We have done some great things and some not so great things since he's been here. Because of the great things I think he deserves to go outside his Denver "box" to see how he will do with a different system.

Now with that said...if he was/is fired at the end of the season I will be completely ok with it...assuming we go after a guy like DeCosta.

My best case scenario was Smithiak fired.

My second best scenario was kubiak fired and smith staying.

Worst case was they both stay.

I will say this about Lovie Smith. I do think he could maximize our CBs potential. I think it would take some pressure off of those guys and allow them to play a little more free with his Tampa 2.

Note: For McNair to dismiss someone who doesn't have college or NFL head-coaching experience illustrates just how clueless he is.

Neither John Harbaugh nor Mike Tomlin was ever a head coach prior to being hired by Baltimore and Pittsburgh. And they're merely among the top HCs in the league.

It just shows that McNair really doesn't grasp the qualities it takes to be an NFL head coach.

Note: For McNair to dismiss someone who doesn't have college or NFL head-coaching experience illustrates just how clueless he is.

Neither John Harbaugh nor Mike Tomlin was ever a head coach prior to being hired by Baltimore and Pittsburgh. And they're merely among the top HCs in the league.

It just shows that McNair really doesn't grasp the qualities it takes to be an NFL head coach.

And those are 2 examples, what about the kubiaks and capers of the world . He thinks this team is just a few players away and thinks a more experience coach will take us there.

I don't understand why there is so much negativity here lately ? We're doing what needs to be done , just like everyone wanted . Had he kept Kubes everyone one would still be pissed at McNair , damned if he does damned if he don't . He's been an owner now for 11 years , I have faith in McNair to find our next Head coach .

I was way past tired of arguing about Kubiak, now I'm already getting weary of this new coach stuff. I can't wait until he hires someone so we'll have something new to b!tch about besides whether or not Case is starting material or not.

And those are 2 examples, what about the kubiaks and capers of the world . He thinks this team is just a few players away and thinks a more experience coach will take us there.

I don't understand why there is so much negativity here lately ? We're doing what needs to be done , just like everyone wanted . Had he kept Kubes everyone one would still be pissed at McNair , damned if he does damned if he don't . He's been an owner now for 11 years , I have faith in McNair to find our next Head coach .

You know some people ***** for the sake of bitching and because they enjoy it. It takes all kinds.

I don't agree with the bolded , you're acting like rick made no attempts to improve the roster. Ed reed was brought in to be the safety for the next couple years. Ozzie newsome also made a bad move this off season by paying huff his money. No one bats 1.000 my good sir , people make mistakes

Nobody bats a thousand, but they should try too. C-N-D told us that Reed wouldn't be the Reed of old. If he knew that the Texans Dr's/Rick should've known this also.

All of the extentions/bad FA signings should've cost Rick his job. But BoB didn't want to pay off 2 yrs remaining on Ricks contract and 1 yr on Gary's.

Bottom line is the Texans are the worst team in the NFL. Rick was in charge of the team and while batting .1000 maybe unrealistic, Rick went 0 for this offseason and has only been about .300 since he's been GM with the salary cap/draft picks/FA signings. Rick is a major reason this team is where it is today.

But atleast BoB didn't go all in on the it's too traumatic thingy. If you truly believe that Rick Smith is the guy to lead this team to prominence that's your perrogative. But I will be calling out his mistakes. Nobody bats .1000 but to be a SB contender the GM needs to bat atleast .750 and I think that's too much to ask from Rick. In short I think Rick is in over his head. (Hope I'm wrong)

Watching his facial expressions during BoB's press confrence sickened me. He looked like a man that had no remorse for throwing his friend/mentor (Gary) under the bus. This man will never bring a SB to this city. He lacks character and is BoB's yes man. The good news for BoB is that Rick will make BoB alot of $$$$ while he continues to pull the wool over the paying customers eyes.

Unless BoB gives the new HC the power that he gave Gary and I dont see that happening.

McNair has painted himself in to a small corner. Based on his comments it sounded like McNair already has a coach in mind. Based on the parametrs discussed it sounds like Lovie is his man.

Like Greg Schiano? I'm sure he will be on the market once this season raps up. They will have only won like 3 maybe 4 games and he lost the locker room at week 6, but maybe...

Guys like that are why I don't want a super-strict coach: they often can't differentiate between not acting like an *******. Guys like Jim Harbaugh are strict enough to look like *******s to everyone else but their teams will run through brick walls for them. I don't really see the aversion to "player's coaches" either, there's no one type of coach without a downside to complement the strengths.

I have little-to-no confidence in McNair (and Smith) to make the right choice.

The team is no further along now than it was 10 years ago.

Sad, but true.

In the end, Boardroom Bob is simply a newer version of Bottom Line Bud (Adams), albeit with smoother edges.

Yep

Bud was a friend nd mentor to BoB.

Can I steal the boardroom BoB moniker from you? It describes BoB perfectly.

...He thinks this team is just a few players away and thinks a more experience coach will take us there...I don't understand why there is so much negativity here lately?..

No one means to be negative just for the sake of it.

But a lot of people here are realists. And they're wary of McNair/Smith making the right decision. As they should be.

I think Texans management has done a good job of lowering expectations when it come to these kinds of decisions.

As a longtime Steelers fan, admittedly I've been spoiled. But I want to see the Texans have the same kind of success.

Note: As for McNair thinking his the team "is just a few players away": That's exactly the mindset that helped get the team in their current predicament.

After last season, they figured the roster simply needed a little tweaking to get them to Super Bowl contention. So they signed Ed Reed. Not smart.

It doesn't work like that in the NFL. Every year there's a new set of variables. Just because you were 12-4 one year doesn't mean you'll be 14-2 and in the Super Bowl the next year.

As someone once said, if you aren't working hard to get better, you'll get worse.

...Can I steal the Boardroom Bob moniker from you? It describes BoB perfectly...

Absolutely. It's all public domain.

I was just trying to come up with an alliterative nickname for Mr. McNair, like Bottom Like Bud.

As a person, McNair strikes me as very likeable. But I just don't think he quite gets it when it comes to this kind of decision.

Or that the engagement of his brain lags behind the engagement of his mouth.

Nobody bats a thousand, but they should try too. C-N-D told us that Reed wouldn't be the Reed of old. If he knew that the Texans Dr's/Rick should've known this also.

All of the extentions/bad FA signings should've cost Rick his job. But BoB didn't want to pay off 2 yrs remaining on Ricks contract and 1 yr on Gary's.

Bottom line is the Texans are the worst team in the NFL. Rick was in charge of the team and while batting .1000 maybe unrealistic, Rick went 0 for this offseason and has only been about .300 since he's been GM with the salary cap/draft picks/FA signings. Rick is a major reason this team is where it is today.

But atleast BoB didn't go all in on the it's too traumatic thingy. If you truly believe that Rick Smith is the guy to lead this team to prominence that's your perrogative. But I will be calling out his mistakes. Nobody bats .1000 but to be a SB contender the GM needs to bat atleast .750 and I think that's too much to ask from Rick. In short I think Rick is in over his head. (Hope I'm wrong)

Watching his facial expressions during BoB's press confrence sickened me. He looked like a man that had no remorse for throwing his friend/mentor (Gary) under the bus. This man will never bring a SB to this city. He lacks character and is BoB's yes man. The good news for BoB is that Rick will make BoB alot of $$$$ while he continues to pull the wool over the paying customers eyes.

Unless BoB gives the new HC the power that he gave Gary and I dont see that happening.

What about all the mid season pick ups this team has found? How about the undrafted and low draft picks he's turned into NFL players. Yes he had a down year , but he's done more good than bad for this organization. He doesn't coach the players he just get em. How sure are you that the depth on this team is no good? By the coaching??? C'mon man , Rick can only do so much bro

I completely disagree and think you are pretty dillusional if you truly think that.

Texecutioner and I agree on... well... pretty much nothing. But we agree on this.

IF Kubiak had been able to show some "progress" and keep us in games, he'd still have this gig next year. And if he was able to put together a winning record next year and contend for the playoffs, I think he'd have been given an extension.

I don't even think we'd have needed to win all of our remaining games this year as long as we kept the margin of defeat small, didn't have a zillion penalties, and Case was given the opportunity to start. I think the close loss to New England had probably almost convinced McNair to keep Kubes.

I think McNair is afraid of changing coaches because he knows that lots of coaches are hired every year and all those coaches look like good prospects and most of them fail. Like Bum Phillips said, if you're a head coach, you've either been fired or you're about to be fired.

Yeah, well neither did Baltimore. Harbaugh was not the first choice. Jason Garrett was offered the job and turned it down.

This debate is almost amusing if it wasn't sad. McNair got slagged by some for hiring 1st time HC Kubiak who has then been slagged for hiring 1st time coordinators and now McNair is getting slagged for wanting HC experience at some level.

What about all the mid season pick ups this team has found? How about the undrafted and low draft picks he's turned into NFL players. Yes he had a down year , but he's done more good than bad for this organization. He doesn't coach the players he just get em. How sure are you that the depth on this team is no good? By the coaching??? C'mon man , Rick can only do so much bro

Keeping loe rd picks on the team because you drafted them and trumpeting midseason FA pickups are not difference makers on SB contenders.

Name 1 of these type of players that are not named Foster that have truly been difference makers since Rick has been GM?

The reason these players are even on the rosterare because
1. Rick drafted them and if it's close between them and somebody who is an UNDA the draft pick gets the spot. (Excluding RB's)

2. They work cheap, the Texans are always against the salary cap and late rd picks/UDFA's fill the bottom of the roster.

3. Why do you think the Texans ST's are so bad? Could it be that Rick has done a bad job filling out the roster with the type of late rd/midseason FA pick ups you are describing?

Yeah, well neither did Baltimore. Harbaugh was not the first choice. Jason Garrett was offered the job and turned it down.

This debate is almost amusing if it wasn't sad. McNair got slagged by some for hiring 1st time HC Kubiak who has then been slagged for hiring 1st time coordinators and now McNair is getting slagged for wanting HC experience at some level.

Agreed

I want a proven winner with a SB ring as the next HC of Texans. Regardless of the no HC has won 2 SB with different teams thingy. The Texans as of right now are the worst team in the NFL. They should be thinking about hiring a HC that can make them relative again. Not thinking about winning a SB for the next 3-4 yrs. A great proven HC may be able to speed up that time frame by a yr or two.

OK. So. For DISCUSSION purposes only, I threw together a quick list of some guys who've got NFL HC experience who I believe are out there. Some of them might not want the job, some of them might. But I thought it would be interesting to look at. This list is in no particular order:

Mike Sherman -- McNair and Smith know him.
Norv Turner -- Please, god, no.
Lovie Smith
Steve Mariucci
Jon Gruden
Bill Cowher
Brad Childress
Whisenhunt
Dennis Green
Jim Mora
Brian Billick
Wade Phillips
Romeo Crennel