Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

national opinion of us

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Generally I like Rich, but for him to say we’ll be paying Cooks close to what Hopkins wanted is mean.

The Texans will pay Brandin Cooks $12M/yr starting in 2021 ($8M in 2020) & we were paying Hopkins$13.4/yr.
Plus Nuk's going to be making around 20 mil per yr for the next 5 years.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
I know I know... it's Bleacher Report. But more evidence of the national opinion for this off season.

Top five worst moves of the offseason. TLDR; Texans are the top two. They also name 5 honorable mentions, which the Texans have another two entries.

Killin it!

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
The humor in what the national media thinks is off of the charts.

All BOB is saying is let's see plays out before we pass judgement in BOB's 1st yr as GM.

I guess that's too much to ask for some. But what makes me LMAO is none of this matters to Cal.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
The Titans did beat the Patriots at Foxboro and the Ravens in Baltimore so the AFC South can't be that bad.
I realize that everyone thinks OB is the worst GM/HC in history right now, but what if it turns out he wasn't crazy but instead crazy like a fox? If so, there will be a lot of crow to be served on this forum.
Remember, I said IF !!

If a frog had wings he wouldn't bust his ass when he hops.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
The humor in what the national media thinks is off of the charts.

All BOB is saying is let's see plays out before we pass judgement in BOB's 1st yr as GM.

I guess that's too much to ask for some. But what makes me LMAO is none of this matters to Cal.
So, pretend like last years cluster didnt happen?

Why ask the fans to give him a chance? Its not like we have a choice....

I would LOVE to eat crow and see greatness come from OB. I would LOVE to be able to state to all of the football world how wrong I was about OB. I would LOVE to see the legacy of Bill O'Brien start now and see him rise to heights that made people say "Belichick who?".

Unfortunately I have watched Bill O'Brien rub the sticks of greatness together for years now and not seen a single spark that would give me hope that he will ever get the fires of greatness going.

I am at a point where I dont care what OB does any more. He could skin Toro and turn him into a fuzzy thong to cover his chin.... set NRG on fire, trade off every asset and change the team jersey and color to a plad kilt.

The man needs to go, if that means the entire organization needs to crumble bedore he is removed and there is a sane reason to find hope in this team again....... Im done hoping for anything more than what O'Brien has shown he can do, trip and stumble his way into being just good enough to remain employed.

I will not be convinced that OB is anything more than mediocre as a coach, painfylly inept at GM until he gives me any reason not to.

Since I am only a fan and have zero ability to send you packing (OB), you dont need to plead with me to give you a chance... Im stuck with you....make me eat crow for all the times I thought, stated and screamed... "You Suck!"

Last edited:

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
The man needs to go, if that means the entire organization needs to crumble bedore he is removed and there is a sane reason to find hope in this team again....... Im done hoping for anything more than what O'Brien has shown he can do, trip and stumble his way into being just good enough to remain employed.
Says it all... you're a OB hater much more than you are a Texan fan

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Says it all... you're a OB hater much more than you are a Texan fan
I didn't get that from his narrative. I think he put it perfectly. Many of us have watched the OB shite-show for 6 seasons now and suddenly OB's going to finally find his NFL groove and be the Beli clone he has wanted to be in year seven......b/c he's finally wearing the GM hat and gets to make all the calls this season. OB has had zero experience in this position and he's going to prove to everyone that he missed his calling as an NFL GM.

I'll admit I was wrong the moment he proves he can do this job successfully. Hasn't done much to date but hey, we've all got front row seats to see how his first term, uhmmmm 7th term goes.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I didn't get that from his narrative. I think he put it perfectly. Many of us have watched the OB shite-show for 6 seasons now and suddenly OB's going to finally find his NFL groove and be the Beli clone he has wanted to be in year seven......b/c he's finally wearing the GM hat and gets to make all the calls this season. OB has had zero experience in this position and he's going to prove to everyone that he missed his calling as an NFL GM.

I'll admit I was wrong the moment he proves he can do this job successfully. Hasn't done much to date but hey, we've all got front row seats to see how his first term, uhmmmm 7th term goes.
Well the pieces are in place to have a successful offense this yr. Just need to get lucky and find a couple of more playmakers for the defense. I'm really hoping Delpit (Bring him home) or Gross Matos falls to 40.

RGV82

Random guy
Well the pieces are in place to have a successful offense this yr. Just need to get lucky and find a couple of more playmakers for the defense. I'm really hoping Delpit (Bring him home) or Gross Matos falls to 40.
The pieces have been in place to have a successful offense for the past few years, just with a few different players this year. I am more concerned about what we do with those players this year.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
The pieces have been in place to have a successful offense for the past few years, just with a few different players this year. I am more concerned about what we do with those players this year.
Disagree

WFV hurt àll of the time

Picked up Hyde who was about to be cut

Fells is an avg TE but is better than what they have had since OD left.

Who was the Slot wr last year?

They needed to add speed to the wr corps and have the best slot wr they've ever had. If DJ stays healthy the offense will be much more explosive.

Last edited:

RGV82

Random guy
Can we stop with the you’re this much of a fan bullshit? Just because you don’t agree with the leadership and the direction the team is taking, doesn’t mean you’re not a fan. And because you agree with it doesn’t make you more of a fan.
100%. There’s “homer” fans who always side with the team regardless, and there’s realistic fans who praise the team when it’s deserved, and criticize when it’s also deserved.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Can we stop with the you’re this much of a fan bullshit? Just because you don’t agree with the leadership and the direction the team is taking, doesn’t mean you’re not a fan. And because you agree with it doesn’t make you more of a fan.
If you're rooting for the team to lose, or are a WOF like UR then you aren't a fan of the Texans.

I knew the Texans would never have a contender with RS but I never once rooted for them to lose.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
BUT, when you want to see your team implode to fire one guy, you hate that guy more than you're a fan of the team. What fan ever wants to see their team suck?

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
BUT, when you want to see your team implode to fire one guy, you hate that guy more than you're a fan of the team. What fan ever wants to see their team suck?
But every fan knows, or should know, that the their opinions have zero impact on winning or losing. This is just about the level of frustration with how the franchise is being operated. It runs the gamut from "I'm done with these guys" to "Well, maybe this crazy stuff will work out?".

What's difficult to fathom are the fans whom constantly apologize and argue for the decisions being made. That's much different from the rational viewpoint of "What can we do? Let's see if chicken salad can be made from this chicken****."

texanhead08

All Pro
Generally I like Rich, but for him to say we’ll be paying Cooks close to what Hopkins wanted is mean.

The Texans will pay Brandin Cooks $12M/yr starting in 2021 ($8M in 2020) & we were paying Hopkins$13.4/yr.

True and Cooks guaranteed money go off the books after this year, but they better not have given up a 2nd round pick for a one year rental or this trade will be considered a massive fail.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You've got a poster here making 400 posts a day who thought we should be modeling ourselves after what the Browns are doing. What's your point?
They should

Their rookie HC was in over his head

Their OL was a mess last yr and their QB regressed.

Dont stop being aggressive just because things didn't work out 1 yr.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
So, pretend like last years cluster didnt happen?

Why ask the fans to give him a chance? Its not like we have a choice....

I would LOVE to eat crow and see greatness come from OB. I would LOVE to be able to state to all of the football world how wrong I was about OB. I would LOVE to see the legacy of Bill O'Brien start now and see him rise to heights that made people say "Belichick who?".

Unfortunately I have watched Bill O'Brien rub the sticks of greatness together for years now and not seen a single spark that would give me hope that he will ever get the fires of greatness going.

I am at a point where I dont care what OB does any more. He could skin Toro and turn him into a fuzzy thong to cover his chin.... set NRG on fire, trade off every asset and change the team jersey and color to a plad kilt.

I will not be convinced that OB is anything more than mediocre as a coach, painfylly inept at GM until he gives me any reason not to.

Since I am only a fan and have zero ability to send you packing (OB), you dont need to plead with me to give you a chance... Im stuck with you....make me eat crow for all the times I thought, stated and screamed... "You Suck!"
You have a choice and its really simple. Don't be a fan of the Houston Texans........period.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
But every fan knows, or should know, that the their opinions have zero impact on winning or losing. This is just about the level of frustration with how the franchise is being operated. It runs the gamut from "I'm done with these guys" to "Well, maybe this crazy stuff will work out?".

What's difficult to fathom are the fans whom constantly apologize and argue for the decisions being made. That's much different from the rational viewpoint of "What can we do? Let's see if chicken salad can be made from this chicken****."
And since i am one of those labeled as being an "apologist" I can tell you there's no "apology" for the decisions being made...what there is is an alternative viewpoint & more than 1 way to see things outside of the prevailing sentiment that is pushed out; This is something that the mob doesn't quite seem to understand. & Lol at those guys having a " rational" viewpoint. Last i checked, the only folks in here denouncing their fandom b/c a player they like was traded are members of that crew. All that those of us on the other side have done is take the sit back and see approach rather than jumping to conclusions that the mob seems to do every time a move is made that they don't like.

banned1976

sleeper mode
Bill O’Brien has zero pressure on him. The McNair’s have almost completely insulated and separated themselves from the franchise.

I don’t think there’s ever been a head football coach with as much job security as O’Brien. In any type of power struggle he’s had here he’s come out on top.

I don’t know what he said or did during his interview for a job within the Texans organization but it must have been other worldly orgasmic. Because the dude has lifetime immunity. He found all the immunity idols on the island.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
How can you be one and not the other? OB is destroying the Texans franchise. Unless you're a Cowboys or AFC South rival fan, how can you be an OB fan?

Just my opinion btw.
I'm not an OB fan by any means... I hate most all of the moves he's made, but I'm a Texans fan and am happy there is now true accountability. I just hope for the best and if they don't I'll be happy to see him gone. But I will never hope that the Texans crash and burn to accomplish that

CWTexansFan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor's Club
You've got a poster here making 400 posts a day who thought we should be modeling ourselves after what the Browns are doing. What's your point?
My point is, take everything you hear with a grain of salt. Mr Smith is a ratings Jezebel.
Everyone makes some bad predictions from time to time. So are we discrediting people for being wrong on their predictions
No, not what I'm saying. It just seems equally asinine to take everything he says as gospel when it's a 50 50 chance he's wrong based on his past track record.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
How can you be one and not the other? OB is destroying the Texans franchise.
As if... what’s he ruining? 19-10?

Seriously, we’ve been doing the build through the draft thing for 17 years. Took us 15 years to get a QB.

I’m not a BO’b fan, you know that. But it’s not like we’ve got a dynasty here. If it crashes & burns, it crashes & burns.

He’s got a small window to work with. For whatever reason the people he was working with didn’t share his sense of urgency. All those moves we’ve been saying they should have been making & haven’t... Cal seems to see the futility in what we’ve been doing. & he’s rolling the dice.

We’re just along for the ride.

Last edited:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
You have a choice and its really simple. Don't be a fan of the Houston Texans........period.
This is not just for you, but whenever your discussion is reduced to, “Don’t be a fan.” “Go root for another team.”

Or anything in an attempt to make another member feel unwelcome, the discussion has gone too far

Step back, be the bigger man & withdraw from the discussion. That’s what I would do.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
How can you be one and not the other? OB is destroying the Texans franchise. Unless you're a Cowboys or AFC South rival fan, how can you be an OB fan?

Just my opinion btw.
thats where im at. I love this team. Its painful to see a guy come here and destroy it for the sake of his definition of "culture". OBrien has basically said that the history of the team up until he arrived has been horseshit, and HE is going to be the one to save it.

He's just a really unlikeable guy, he puts his foot in his mouth too much, his coaching isnt some revelation, and now his inexperienced managing is resetting the record books for WHAT NOT TO DO AS A GM.

He has no feel for the pulse of the fans and has actually gone out of his way to verbally abuse and demean paying customers at the stadium, he doesnt ingratiate himself with his players, and his incessant need to mimic and shadow Bill Belichek is nauseating and cringe inducing to the point I feel embarrassed for him and can only shrug when the outside world is laughing and pointing the finger at this team.

We deserve all the mockery coming our way, and the guys who defend the ineptitude are part of the problem.

When he's gone it will be so easy to say "well I was wrong about Bill OBrien guys - lets go get an ice cream" and for me these guys will always be like ex nazis who you cant really trust. LOL ... too bad we cant go Inglorious Basterds in the way we mark em.

Texansballer74

The Marine
My point is, take everything you hear with a grain of salt. Mr Smith is a ratings Jezebel.

No, not what I'm saying. It just seems equally asinine to take everything he says as gospel when it's a 50 50 chance he's wrong based on his past track record.
It was just another person perspective on this situation.

Would be nice as heck to get paid millions to give our perspective huh

banned1976

sleeper mode
As if... what’s he ruining? 19-10?

Seriously, we’ve been doing the build through the draft thing for 17 years. Took us 15 years to get a QB.

I’m not a BO’b fan, you know that. But it’s not like we’ve got a dynasty here. If it crashes & burns, it crashes & burns.

He’s got a small window to work with. For whatever reason the people he was working with didn’t share his sense of urgency. All those moves we’ve been saying they should have been making & haven’t... Cal seems to see the futility in what we’ve been doing. & he’s rolling the dice.

We’re just along for the ride.
The problem is, O’Brien is making horrendously terrible trades that not only depletes the team of future talent (draft picks) but also of current (now former) talent. And he’s doing this without creating cap space for other free agent moves that may be not only necessary to build in the future but also a “break glass in case of fire” scenario.

This “ride” you’re talking about is making a lot of us sick.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
This “ride” you’re talking about is making a lot of us sick.
I understand. But we are where we are & we were here before BO'b started doing it his way. It's the same ride as far as I'm concerned. We're either going some place we've already been & weren't too happy about or somewhere we all want to go.

Keep doing what you been doing & expect something different...

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I understand. But we are where we are & we were here before BO'b started doing it his way. It's the same ride as far as I'm concerned. We're either going some place we've already been & weren't too happy about or somewhere we all want to go.

I like change.

People have been conditioned to mediocrity and that draft picks are the be all end all around these parts. Yes you do need draft picks, but give me vets under 30 that have proven they can play over the crap shoot that's draft picks.

banned1976

sleeper mode

Welp, I’m not going to try and convince you that things can get worse and O’Brien is steering this organization in that direction. And maybe I’m wrong. But I have never felt hopeless about a team I root for until now with this team. Even when the Astros were losing 100+ games a season I felt what they were doing would eventually lead to something better. I feel like the Texans are doing almost the exact opposite. Except their high point was leading 24-0 against the Chiefs and it’s all down hill from there. Maybe it’s just me thinking that way.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Welp, I’m not going to try and convince you that things can get worse and O’Brien is steering this organization in that direction. And maybe I’m wrong. But I have never felt hopeless about a team I root for until now with this team. Even when the Astros were losing 100+ games a season I felt what they were doing would eventually lead to something better. I feel like the Texans are doing almost the exact opposite. Except their high point was leading 24-0 against the Chiefs and it’s all down hill from there. Maybe it’s just me thinking that way.
Alot of Astros fans made posts exactly like this post.