Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

national opinion of us

Game #1 vs the boys is still my favorite. So much excitement for the team, such high hopes for the direction we where headed.

...sigh...if I knew then what I know now.

:rofl:...it’s just gonna make it that much sweeter when they finally break through man..

I agree. I run into so many fans that fall into that description. My favorite is " I have been a Houston Texans fan since the first game". So was I. And I don't remember there being very many of us. Now EVERY fan has been a fan from game 1.
How do you judge if someone has been a fan since day 1? What makes you think you know how long someone has been a fan?

Our GM is the worst in the league. We have been getting fried and laughed at by pretty much all the talking heads as well as most football fans across the country. I don't give a crap what they say but I for one am still pissed off as hell at the incompetence that is costing us a chance to win. Any insults by the rest of the nation is well deserved and will continue.

Our GM is the worst in the league. We have been getting fried and laughed at by pretty much all the talking heads as well as most football fans across the country. I don't give a crap what they say but I for one am still pissed off as hell at the incompetence that is costing us a chance to win. Any insults by the rest of the nation is well deserved and will continue.

Who cares what other media/fans think.

All that matters is the team is better than it was last yr.

BTW, it's a pipe dream to think the Texans can beat the Mahomes lead Chiefs. They kept all of their skill position players in place and have their draft picks to add to their defense/ OL.

BTW, it's a pipe dream to think the Texans can beat the Mahomes lead Chiefs. They kept all of their skill position players in place and have their draft picks to add to their defense/ OL.

It’s called human nature.

What leads you to believe that we are a better team this year? Per your Chiefs comment, on any given Sunday, anybody can win. With a lead of 24-0, we had a decent shot at it except for Obrien's hesitation and inability to handle the situation (ie. he choked like a dog).

What leads you to believe that we are a better team this year? Per your Chiefs comment, on any given Sunday, anybody can win. With a lead of 24-0, we had a decent shot at it except for Obrien's hesitation and inability to handle the situation (ie. he choked like a dog).

Sorry that loss wasn't completely on BOB.

That was a total team meltdown.

Why do I think they can be better. Well, if DW4's as good as many think he is and he keeps improving then the team should be better. With 4 picks in the top 100 if GM BOB does a good job the defense should be better.

I think that Nuk's loss, while it is a loss isn't going to be as big a loss as many think it will be and his targets will be spread around. The more diversified offense will be more dangerous and I think the OL will be much better this yr with more experience as long as they stay healthy because there's not much depth behind the starters.

I also hope Kelly will be an upgrade at OC although rookie OC/DC's is very troublesome. This is one of my biggest issues with BOB, how many teams have had rookie OC/DC's in the same season and been successful? The more I think about it, heck, throw the towel in on the season.

Game #1 vs the boys is still my favorite. So much excitement for the team, such high hopes for the direction we where headed.

...sigh...if I knew then what I know now.

Yep, I was there and it was crazy. Sadly, that’s still the most exciting moment that the Texans franchise has ever produced. It went way downhill after that. I spent the next four years with season tickets driving from Austin. Those were some brutal trips, especially the drive back after mostly disappointing games.

I was also at the very first home playoff game however, 19-10 was more exciting IMO.

Yep, I was there and it was crazy. Sadly, that’s still the most exciting moment that the Texans franchise has ever produced. It went way downhill after that. I spent the next four years with season tickets driving from Austin. Those were some brutal trips, especially the drive back after mostly disappointing games.

I was also at the very first home playoff game however, 19-10 was more exciting IMO.

Well to be fair beating an in state rival in a team's very first game would be a hard bar to meet for any team really. Only thing I can think would do it is winning a city's first championship.

No it’s not a sickness. A lot of fans are interested in what the media and other fans thinks.
Being a Bengals fan on a Texans website, I would have to agree that I am interested in what other fans think. The media ?? Not so much.

Fans are more passionate about the specifics of their team and I do like getting their thoughts.
How many media outlets are reporting what the Bengals or Texans are going to do defensively based upon scheme ?? Not many, but fans do.
I don't share much here, but I do enjoy reading the personal takes about the Texans.

I mod on a Bengals board and have for over 16 years, but visit forums for most teams when I want the fans side of things.
Those thoughts can be varied and uninformed, but it's still a personal perspective the media doesn't typically give.

Not that anyone truly cares what other fans say, but we briefly touched on the Hopkins trade which went into Houston's front office and BO.
Many think your front office is more jacked than ours and that's saying something considering we have Mike Brown as an owner.
I find that take interesting as I follow both teams, but does anyone here truly care what we discuss ?? Probably not.

Take that however you like, but I wish you all a good day and to be safe !!

Being a Bengals fan on a Texans website, I would have to agree that I am interested in what other fans think. The media ?? Not so much.

Fans are more passionate about the specifics of their team and I do like getting their thoughts.
How many media outlets are reporting what the Bengals or Texans are going to do defensively based upon scheme ?? Not many, but fans do.
I don't share much here, but I do enjoy reading the personal takes about the Texans.

I mod on a Bengals board and have for over 16 years, but visit forums for most teams when I want the fans side of things.
Those thoughts can be varied and uninformed, but it's still a personal perspective the media doesn't typically give.

Not that anyone truly cares what other fans say, but we briefly touched on the Hopkins trade which went into Houston's front office and BO.
Many think your front office is more jacked than ours and that's saying something considering we have Mike Brown as an owner.
I find that take interesting as I follow both teams, but does anyone here truly care what we discuss ?? Probably not.

Take that however you like, but I wish you all a good day and to be safe !!

Good stuff Army Bengal, thank you for chiming in and we appreciate you for you military services. I served in the Marine Corps.

I agree with everything you typed here. But my thing is, some fans latch onto these media outlets. That's one of the reasons why these media outlets ratings are too the rough. And people like Steven A and now Tony Romo are making the type of pennies they're making.

Yes yes my teams organization is imo very dysfunctional. A few of my good buddies on here have quickly moved on from that asinine trade but dang it still stings to me. They're really trying to mimic the Patriots way of doing things. But allows their (HC Bill Obrien) emotional feelings to get the best of them.

Hey you too. This covid-19 is not messing around.

Good stuff Army Bengal, thank you for chiming in and we appreciate you for you military services. I served in the Marine Corps.

I agree with everything you typed here. But my thing is, some fans latch onto these media outlets. That's one of the reasons why these media outlets ratings are too the rough. And people like Steven A and now Tony Romo are making the type of pennies they're making.

Yes yes my teams organization is imo very dysfunctional. A few of my good buddies on here have quickly moved on from that asinine trade but dang it still stings to me. They're really trying to mimic the Patriots way of doing things. But allows their (HC Bill Obrien) emotional feelings to get the best of them.

Hey you too. This covid-19 is not messing around.

How are they dysfunctional

Yes, they are doing things the way the Pats do them.

Best example for the Nuk trade is Seymour/Collins and that worked out ok for the Pats.

I have friends in Seattle, Miami, LA and Chicago .. (shoot even the ones enjoying early retirement in Costa Rica chime in!!!)

and its all bad. nothing good to say. obviously they dont have the privilege of watching this dysfunction first hand - some of them have enjoyed championship games, so they dont get the full picture of a mediocre franchise, but just judging on public eye moves its really easy to mock and make fun of. Even the Bears fans has the nerve to clown - you believe that!! LOL

They loved the team as it was constructed before OBrien went full Gestapo on the Rick Smith players andthey thought the team was close, but summarizing their sentiment "the idiot dismantled the defense last year and now he's doing it to the offense, how can a fan believe that its for the benefit of the team? Those are LOSING moves looking at some future date without acknowledging the present" painful stuff.

and still some would rather live in the ignorantly blissful Bill Obrien is doing a good job dimension and "be patient" LOL

Whenever on my team's forums, the comment I use to explain how the Bengals front office goes about business is, they utilize:

"The hope and pray method"

You'll immediately recognize this practice when your team hasn't won a playoff game in almost 30 years.
When the fans of the organization then begin to have the nerve to ask questions of the front office, they answer with:
"You have no idea how hard it is to run an NFL franchise". Yep, full blown hope and pray mode...

But hey, like one of our favorite phrases goes.... at least we aren't Cleveland !!!

I have friends in Seattle, Miami, LA and Chicago .. (shoot even the ones enjoying early retirement in Costa Rica chime in!!!)

and its all bad. nothing good to say. obviously they dont have the privilege of watching this dysfunction first hand - some of them have enjoyed championship games, so they dont get the full picture of a mediocre franchise, but just judging on public eye moves its really easy to mock and make fun of. Even the Bears fans has the nerve to clown - you believe that!! LOL

They loved the team as it was constructed before OBrien went full Gestapo on the Rick Smith players andthey thought the team was close, but summarizing their sentiment "the idiot dismantled the defense last year and now he's doing it to the offense, how can a fan believe that its for the benefit of the team? Those are LOSING moves looking at some future date without acknowledging the present" painful stuff.

and still some would rather live in the ignorantly blissful Bill Obrien is doing a good job dimension and "be patient" LOL

Your friends loved them some mediocrity.

I'm just glad there will finally be somebody held accountable in the Texans org. Whether this succeeds or fails. Where they were going under RS was nowhere. It remains to be seen if the Pats model is the correct path, but I like the change.

Whenever on my team's forums, the comment I use to explain how the Bengals front office goes about business is, they utilize:

You'll immediately recognize this practice when your team hasn't won a playoff game in almost 30 years.
When the fans of the organization then begin to have the nerve to ask questions of the front office, they answer with:
"You have no idea how hard it is to run an NFL franchise". Yep, full blown hope and pray mode...

But hey, like one of our favorite phrases goes.... at least we aren't Cleveland !!!

Well, the Texans aren't one of those teams, they won a playoff game last yr.

Your friends loved them some mediocrity.

I'm just glad there will finally be somebody held accountable in the Texans org. Whether this succeeds or fails. Where they were going under RS was nowhere. It remains to be seen if the Pats model is the correct path, but I like the change.

Accountability, man stop the freaking press. Ain’t chit going to change especially under Bill O’Brien. Dude is still making the same got darn coaching mistakes. What happens he gets extended and promoted to GM. How in the heck is that holding someone accountable? Now he’s getting rid of the best players and you think accountability is being held.

Accountability, man stop the freaking press. Ain’t chit going to change especially under Bill O’Brien. Dude is still making the same got darn coaching mistakes. What happens he gets extended and promoted to GM. How in the heck is that holding someone accountable? Now he’s getting rid of the best players and you think accountability is being held.

There's going to be a housecleaning if this fails. A full housecleaning that should've happened back in 2010 and looks like wont happen until 2022 if this doesn't work out. (Puke)

Who knows, adding a starting edge/CB/DJ and Cobb, plus having cap space to re-sign Tunsil/DW4 could workout better than re-upping Nuk for 5 yrs with alteast 60 mil being guaranteed.

Question, would you have rather re-upped Nuk at 5 yrs and 100 mil or done the same deal with Tunsil? A 25 yr old Pro Bowl/All Pro ability LT is much harder to find IMHO than an all pro/pro bowl WR.

Last edited:
There's going to be a housecleaning if this fails. A full housecleaning that should've happened back in 2010 and looks like wont happen until 202 if this doesn't work out. (Puke)

Who knows, adding a starting edge/CB/DJ and Cobb, plus having cap space to re-sign Tunsil/DW4 could workout better than re-upping Nuk for 5 yrs with alteast 60 mil being guaranteed.

Question, would you have rather re-upped Nuk at 5 yrs and 100 mil or done the same deal with Tunsil? A 25 yr old Pro Bowl/All Pro ability LT is much harder to find IMHO than an all pro/pro bowl WR.

I hear what you’re trying to say but I highly doubt they’re cleaning house. If that was the case O’Brien would’ve been fired not promoted to GM. Again they’re making these moves because of O’Brien emotions. Whenever someone disagrees with O’Brien he will go out his way to get rid of them. I really do not understand why anyone would attempt to find logic in a trash can full of sh$$!t. Like I said the other day, you can dress it up all you want, make it look all pretty. But guess what? It’s still going to smell like sh$$!t. We just had a fan from another team speak out on this crap. Trust me he’s not the only one. O’Brien is the polar opposite of D. Morey the Rockets GM. He goes out and acquire equal value or better. Other GMs probably try to avoid him because they know he’s going to get the better of the deal. GMs are looking at O’Brien and saying, oh we’re most definitely going to screw him and get the best of him.

hear what you’re trying to say but I highly doubt they’re cleaning house. If that was the case O’Brien would’ve been fired not promoted to GM.

As Steel said, hopefully they clean house by 2022 even though that's too long don't expect it any earlier

I hear what you’re trying to say but I highly doubt they’re cleaning house. If that was the case O’Brien would’ve been fired not promoted to GM. Again they’re making these moves because of O’Brien emotions. Whenever someone disagrees with O’Brien he will go out his way to get rid of them. I really do not understand why anyone would attempt to find logic in a trash can full of sh$$!t. Like I said the other day, you can dress it up all you want, make it look all pretty. But guess what? It’s still going to smell like sh$$!t. We just had a fan from another team speak out on this crap. Trust me he’s not the only one. O’Brien is the polar opposite of D. Morey the Rockets GM. He goes out and acquire equal value or better. Other GMs probably try to avoid him because they know he’s going to get the better of the deal. GMs are looking at O’Brien and saying, oh we’re most definitely going to screw him and get the best of him.

To answer your question look at the Pats model, that's what BOB's trying to replicate.

You didn't answer my question, who would you rather have at 5 yrs/100 mil with the same guaranteed $$$$ Tunsil or Nuk?

There’s light at the end of the tunnel. O’Brien didn’t make any moves that realistically make the team any better during FA, and he has already admitted that it’s too hard to develop guys through the draft. So, unless he gets lucky (assuming he doesn’t trade away any more picks) and drafts all the right guys, we’re looking at 8-8 best case, or obviously worse. My money is on the latter. Tank this season, and next, for picks. Let the new regime start over fresh. We have our QB1, and about half of the O-line fixed. We need an entire defense overhaul, as they’re the ones that really cost us every damn game. I’m curious to see how all this plays out...

Last edited:
There’s light at the end of the tunnel.
I see that train, too.

p432828263-5.jpg

The owners get paid.
The coaches get paid.
The players get paid.
The fans? We get the business end of that train.

There’s light at the end of the tunnel. O’Brien didn’t make any moves that realistically make the team any better during FA, and he has already admitted that it’s too hard to develop guys through the draft. So, unless he gets lucky (assuming he doesn’t trade away any more picks) and drafts all the right guys, we’re looking at 8-8 best case, or obviously worse. My money is on the latter. Tank this season, and next, for picks. Let the new regime start over fresh. We have our QB1, and about half of the O-line fixed. We need an entire defense overhaul, as they’re the ones that really cost us every damn game. I’m curious to see how all this plays out...

Wishing?

LMAO

I don’t know why you always take it as a personal attack every time someone brings up your hero, and his shortcomings. Year 7 of the 3 year rebuild are enough proof that he’s way in over his head, and should be relieved of his duties ASAP.

You think I take anything to do with this stuff personal? LMAO

My hero SMDH

How many drafts has BOB run?

Since when does caring about what the rest of country thinks about the Texans help them win football games? You must not be an Astros fan.

Do you really need "hot takes" from the national media that no one is buying what BOB is selling?

Such a rudderless, coddled fan base.

yeah BOB is always saying “it’s hard to win in this league”.

You think I take anything to do with this stuff personal? LMAO

My hero SMDH

How many drafts has BOB run?
Ok, maybe that was a little over the top. I’d hope you don’t take any of the bs from this organization personally, as this ownership sure doesn’t give a quarter of an ounce of sh1t about the fan base.

Ok, maybe that was a little over the top. I’d hope you don’t take any of the bs from this organization personally, as this ownership sure doesn’t give a quarter of an ounce of sh1t about the fan base.

Quoted for truth

who cares how many drafts he’s run. he sucks at his job and youre ok with that because now he makes more money and has more control?????

We dont know how he will draft.

Atleast there will now be accountability if he fails in a couple of yrs.

After losing a 24 point 1st quarter lead in the playoffs and each step during this off-season to date........I'd say Texans have "LAUGHING STOCK" written all over them. Thank you OB. By the way, can someone change the helmet logo of TORO into a laughing TORO?

To answer your question look at the Pats model, that's what BOB's trying to replicate.

You didn't answer my question, who would you rather have at 5 yrs/100 mil with the same guaranteed $$$$ Tunsil or Nuk?

No they are not trying to be like the Patriots. Reason being the Patriots are not getting screwed over on these trade deals. And they are not paying any darn body. They would not be attempting to pay any left tackle what the Texans are about to pay Tunsil. They're not taking on horrific contracts like Johnson.

And I didn't answer your question because it's not my money. But if you go back and read a little deeper. I been said they could've paid Hopkins what he wanted and still paid both Tunsil and Watson.

Like you said in another post, teams like the Cowboys (who haven't won sht in a long time) manage to do both & then some.

Like you said in another post, teams like the Cowboys (who haven't won sht in a long time) manage to do both & then some.

This comes down to ownership being cheap.

I also think BOB wants to spend that money elsewhere and not set a bad example of re-doing guys contracts with multiple years left on their deals.

Whether we like how they did it or not, ownership has delivered a perennial playoff team.

Whether we like it or not, or agree with how they're doing it, or understand what they are doing, they are trying to take the next step & deliver a true contender.

Everyone should know, I love me some Kubiak, but I remember back then, every offseason we'd be ecstatic about everything the team has done & look forward to the season with excitement & anticipation only to be let down & make excuses in December & January.

I hate BO'b, ain't gonna lie, & every offseason I'm scratching my head wondering why he's still here, wtf is he doing, & why is he still here.

& whether we've got Hoyer, Fitz, Os... Watson we're in the same place Kubiak brought us in December & January.

I know it don't look like it, but I believe this team is closer to being a true contender than they ever were under Kubiak. We don't have a top offense. We don't have a top defense. But these fkrs keep winning.

Back