Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Moulds Trade Official

hollywood_texan said:
Everything I have read on Philadelphia was that there was no firm offer. If there was, then my point is moot.

If Philadelphia did make a firm offer on their 6th, we have the first pick in the 6th as I understand it, therefore, why not just offer our 6th then?

I am tired of overpaying on these trades.

Stop crying. I'd consider a 5th round pick for a reciever of his caliber a steal.

hollywood_texan said:
Everything I have read on Philadelphia was that there was no firm offer. If there was, then my point is moot.

If Philadelphia did make a firm offer on their 6th, we have the first pick in the 6th as I understand it, therefore, why not just offer our 6th then?

I am tired of overpaying on these trades.

Quit your whining. A 5th rounder for a player of Moulds caliber isn't overpaying. It's a steal. The Bills had little leverage in the deal. Sometimes trades come down to leverage. In this case, the Bills had little of it. If they did, it would have probably taken one of our 3rds to acquire him. Instead of whining about how we over paid, you should be happy the Texans had more leverage than they did, allowing us to pay a 5th, which is theft. CC should be thrown in jail for grand theft player. So, what you are saying is that Eric Moulds is not worth Vontez Duff? Come again??:ok:

Porky said:
Quit your whining. A 5th rounder for a player of Moulds caliber isn't overpaying. It's a steal. The Bills had little leverage in the deal. Sometimes trades come down to leverage. In this case, the Bills had little of it. If they did, it would have probably taken one of our 3rds to acquire him. Instead of whining about how we over paid, you should be happy the Texans had more leverage than they did, allowing us to pay a 5th, which is theft. CC should be thrown in jail for grand theft player. So, what you are saying is that Eric Moulds is not worth Vontez Duff? Come again??:ok:

Vontez Duff is the greatest football player ever, i heard he tackled Vince Young from behind and in front at the same time

http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20060405/1040720.asp

Moulds starts new chapter with trade to Texans
By ALLEN WILSON
News Sports Reporter
4/5/2006

Eric Moulds gets a 4-year, $14 million contract.

Former Buffalo Bills wide receiver Eric Moulds hopes his trade to the Houston Texans will give his career a fresh start, and offer more stability than he has experienced during most of his 10 years in the NFL.

"I'm very excited," Moulds said Tuesday from Houston, where he agreed in principle to a four-year, $14 million contract after the Texans and Bills worked out a trade for the veteran wideout. "I'm looking forward to this new challenge."

Moulds' agent, Harry Henderson, said the deal would likely be finalized in the next couple of days. An official announcement will be made on Monday, Henderson said.

According to a source in Houston, the Bills will receive the Texans' fifth-round pick (134th overall) in this month's draft in exchange for Moulds. It is believed Buffalo was seeking a fourth-round selection.

This move had been expected since Moulds refused the Bills' request to take a pay cut. He was due $7.1 million next season and would have counted $10.8 million against the salary cap. Moulds got permission to seek a trade, and his representatives spoke to several teams. He ultimately chose the Texans instead of the Philadelphia Eagles, who weren't willing to match Houston's contract offer, which includes a $5 million signing bonus.

So the Eagles offered something cheaper than the 4-yr/$14 mil w/ $5 mil signing bonus that we offered? :confused:

I've been checking out your rivals message boards in the AFC South.
Titans Colts, Jags.....they all seem pretty happy for you for getting a good deal with Moulds, and are looking forward to better games competition wise.

You have a class division. He was a steal for a 5th most say.

Have to see when we play each other in Houston, Schedules out tomorrow.

Can any of you Texan fans tell me what number comes next?

20.4, 15.3, 14.1, 13.4, 12.9, 12.2, 11.9, 10.1... ????

These are EMo's yards per catch over the last 8 consecutive years.

Hope you enjoy seeing bus tire marks on the chest of Carr.

Thanks for the draft pick... Shoulda waited until he was released... Woulda cost less to sign him then. :stirpot:

draz54 said:

Thanks for the draft pick... Shoulda waited until he was released... Woulda cost less to sign him then. :stirpot:

And now you get none of them........

draz54 said:

Oh we are aware of the numbers and thankful to have him as our #2. We are also quite aware of your QB situation and how fragile your two top offensive skill players are with past knee injuries as well as your top LB recovering from an achilles injury.

Let's face it he did not want to be there, nor are other FA's chomping at the bit to play in Western NY for Dick Jauron.

Be thankful, rather than spiteful that you got something in return, cap and a pick to help with your major rebuilding project.

draz54 said:

10.1 ypc...

That's what...a first down every time? To be fair, he had to learn a bazillion different systems and catch from a bazillion different QBs, and he's getting a little older.

I'll take that. :yahoo:

draz54 said:

Oh, the bitterness...

draz54 said:

Its a shame that he didnt get to catch passes from Mr. Nall this season...Im sure his YPC would jump into the mid 30's...

draz54 said:

...and it would've been quite less likely that he'd be a Texan right now. We only need him to be a #2, and that's with Bush lining up in the slot at least 5 to 7 times per contest.

Well, sequence problems....I love them!!!

SO here is the breakdown:

20.4 - 15.3 = 5.1
15.3 - 14.1 = 1.2
14.1 - 13.4 = 0.7
13.4 - 12.9 = 0.5
12.9 - 12.2 = 0.7
12.2 - 11.9 = 0.3
11.9 - 10.1 = 1.8

It's like a bell curve with a dip.....therefore, after my analysis..... 15.1 ypc (up 5.0 from 2005)!

MikeMc said:
Well, sequence problems....I love them!!!

SO here is the breakdown:

20.4 - 15.3 = 5.1
15.3 - 14.1 = 1.2
14.1 - 13.4 = 0.7
13.4 - 12.9 = 0.5
12.9 - 12.2 = 0.7
12.2 - 11.9 = 0.3
11.9 - 10.1 = 1.8

It's like a bell curve with a dip.....therefore, after my analysis..... 15.1 ypc (up 5.0 from 2005)!

Don't mess with a Texan's fuzzy math. :)

rey_rebelde said:
They should have let someone else have Moulds. Only four 1,000 yard seasons in 10 years ? ? Marginal at best and not much of a threat to make plays when he does touch the ball. That money could be better spent elsewhere....O-LINE....O-LINE....O-LINE ! ! !

:brickwall

We have a few "big play" threats at WR, we need a SOLID # 2 veteran to mentor the young guys and be consistant...his main role is to take coverage away from AJ and make the plays given to him..not to steal the show...

hollywood_texan said:
If no one is offering a draft pick, why not push for our sixth instead?
Relax. After they make their 6th round pick, Casserly will say "Hey, this is the guy we would have taken in the 5th round. Okay. So, it's like this...we really only traded the Bills a 6th rounder, because the guy we took in the 6th round would have been the guy we took in the 5th round. Ya see?"

I promise this will happen.

rey_rebelde said:
They should have let someone else have Moulds. Only four 1,000 yard seasons in 10 years ? ? Marginal at best and not much of a threat to make plays when he does touch the ball. That money could be better spent elsewhere....O-LINE....O-LINE....O-LINE ! ! !

Man, some people are never happy.

OK, I'll play along, how exactly were they supposed to use that money to spend on linemen? Which free agents, in particular?

rey_rebelde said:

Resigned McKinney to LG, Weary is back, and got Flanigan to play C. Also Putzier at TE. I bet they take a lineman in rd 2.

What more do you want? Orlando Pace?

Anyone think Wand will retake his position at LT or a new one at RT? It's been said over and over that he is fast and an excellent run blocker. I think he might excel at RT if taught by Sherman or whoever does that. Then we could draft a LT to compete with pitts/sit out first year and learn. Can Mckinny play RG?

Iroquois Joe said:
I've been checking out your rivals message boards in the AFC South.
Titans Colts, Jags.....they all seem pretty happy for you for getting a good deal with Moulds, and are looking forward to better games competition wise.

You have a class division. He was a steal for a 5th most say.

Have to see when we play each other in Houston, Schedules out tomorrow.

Its kinda weird, how often do we on this forum talk about how other teams, especially our rivals, are doing in post season with their signings and moves, yet they aparently are talking avout us. And that they are "looking foreward to better competition", whats up with that? We'll give them some competition......... when it comes time to figure out who's going to the playoffs!!! :respect: :fans:

meShawn Johnson said that Cris Carter told him that Randy Moss gave him a new life as a reciever. AJ will give E Moulds a new life in Houston as well as AJ getting a new life with Eric.

If it does not happen then we can speculate then on the deal, but as of right now (no injuries) it looks like a great deal to me.

If Davud Carr doesn't improve this year then I will join the bandwagon to get a replacement. But I think this year will show the potential that has always been there.:drool: :twocents:

Hmmm, his best years were when they had a solid QB. The past 1/2 dozen have been with a Run First, defensive minded coach and a rookie QB that proved to not be prepared for the NFL.

Now he is with a solid coaching staff that focuses on Offense. I wonder if Kubiak will utilize him more than just having him block downfield!

Moulds himself said it best. He said something like "I needed a fresh start." I don't think many of us could have endured 9 starting QB's in 10 years with an assortment of coaches and schemes. He is looking for a more stable environment. Perhaps he will get it here.

BINGO! Having to learn a new scheme every 3 years and having to get on page with a new QB every 20 games can ruin a player.

THE NFL DRAFT said:
Resigned McKinney to LG, Weary is back, and got Flanigan to play C. Also Putzier at TE. I bet they take a lineman in rd 2.

What more do you want? Orlando Pace?
Give me a b. Give me an o. Give me a Boselli! Uh, maybe not.:homer:

TopTexanFan16 said:
dont know nif its been posted yet but if the trade is official then why hasnt it been put up on the texans website?

The league office still has to approve it, which is a formaility. It's definately a 5th rounder. It may be as late as next monday before it's official. Then you will see it on the Texans website.

TopTexanFan16 said:
dont know nif its been posted yet but if the trade is official then why hasnt it been put up on the texans website?

The Reggie Bush pick is offical but its not on the Texans website. Somethings have politics to go through but that does not change the fact that the decions have already been made.

HomeBred_Texan said:
I read fox news and it said term of the deal we not disclosed. But it was either a 4th or 5th. I sure hope we didnt give up our 4th rounder...

Fourth rounder or fifth rounder, what difference does it really make? This deal is worth either one or even both.

Oilers/Texans said:
Fourth rounder or fifth rounder, what difference does it really make? This deal is worth either one or even both.

Our fourth pick is the first overall pick of the second day. It's a very valuable pick. You get a day to decide who to draft instead of a few minutes and there are always great players who unexpectedly slip through the cracks.

Yossarian said:
Our fourth pick is the first overall pick of the second day. It's a very valuable pick. You get a day to decide who to draft instead of a few minutes and there are always great players who unexpectedly slip through the cracks.

Yeah, but you don't understand, we get Moulds and he is an All-Pro, it's more than worth it.

Actually, we are getting a steal from Buffalo.

run-david-run said:
Umm, its a 5th round pick we are giving up, all this talk about the 4th pick can just dissapear...

Remember when we did the Buchanon deal last year?

I believe it was for our 2nd and 3rd round picks. As Casserly pointed out at that time, we really only gave up a 2nd round pick because a 3rd pick is not likely to start on your team. We got a starter in Buchanon due to the trade.

If we really don't need our 3rd round pick, then we don't really need are 4th or 5th round picks or really anything after that.

Besides, we are getting an All-Pro and a steal from Buffalo because there were other teams willing to pay similiar value. Don't forget we are going to have Reggie Bush and David Carr is going to throw for 5,000 yards next year.

4th or 5th or even both is a great deal for us.

They will have 5 picks in the top 4 rounds and those picks will be at the start of each round. Otherwise they turned a 5th and 7th into a starting #2 WR and a #3 WR...and they still have their 6th and a compensatory 7th to go sleeper shopping at the end of the draft. I really like what they did with turning those later round picks into vets and giving the team a receiving corps. They still have those five picks in the top 100 to really fill this team's talent out some. We might look back at this draft with awe, not solely because of Bush, but because of the four other guys they take in the first 4 rounds.

el toro said:
They will have 5 picks in the top 4 rounds and those picks will be at the start of each round. Otherwise they turned a 5th and 7th into a starting #2 WR and a #3 WR...and they still have their 6th and a compensatory 7th to go sleeper shopping at the end of the draft. I really like what they did with turning those later round picks into vets and giving the team a receiving corps. They still have those five picks in the top 100 to really fill this team's talent out some. We might look back at this draft with awe, not solely because of Bush, but because of the four other guys they take in the first 4 rounds.

The middle rounds is what usually make or break a team's draft and show the true ability of the scouting/personnel staff. It is relatively easy to pick out the top 32 players in the draft and decide who you want in the 1st round, it is those later rounds that take a lot more skill to appropriately scout ahead of time and pick out the best players that fit your team. Hopefully this staff will do better than the previous one (same GM/scouting staff as before, but a different coaching staff and system, so we can hope for better, plus the middle rounds were probably the best picks our team has made, when we've retained those picks and not traded them off that is).

Back