Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

More Madness !

banned1976

sleeper mode
Dunn will fill in for Reader. Cobb takes over for Hopkins. And I guess DJ and his 350 yards are in for Hyde.

We’re going to find out how average O’Brien the coach is since he has a complete Imbecile as GM. But really, the Reader loss was expected. It’s all the other moves that amplify the loss of Reader, going back to losing Clowney and trading away important draft picks that could help fill in the lost veteran talent and leadership with young players.

justmy2cents

All Pro
Contributor's Club
I have been one who criticizes O'Brien's antics. I have said that I find him easy to dislike. His actions and temperament seem to come - not from a 50 year old man, but rather a 13 year, old spoiled and petulant little girl ! I believe that the vast majority of his decisions are not well thought-out .... they seem to be quick-twitch and emotional by nature. All too often, these decisions are made in an effort to correct previous blunders.
I will no longer criticize, belittle, or respond to his antics. These are not the actions of a well man. He is not in control of himself. He needs help. He needs to be removed from the organization, receive a psychological evaluation, and get proper treatment. Cal and his mother need to gather trusted and knowledgeable friends together and determine what calm, maybe retired, trusted football man they know, to come in as act as general manager. He must try to salvage this team and even possibly this season. My prayers are with the McNairs.

craneman

Practice Squad
I have been one who criticizes O'Brien's antics. I have said that I find him easy to dislike. His actions and temperament seem to come - not from a 50 year old man, but rather a 13 year, old spoiled and petulant little girl ! I believe that the vast majority of his decisions are not well thought-out .... they seem to be quick-twitch and emotional by nature. All too often, these decisions are made in an effort to correct previous blunders.
I will no longer criticize, belittle, or respond to his antics. These are not the actions of a well man. He is not in control of himself. He needs help. He needs to be removed from the organization, receive a psychological evaluation, and get proper treatment. Cal and his mother need to gather trusted and knowledgeable friends together and determine what calm, maybe retired, trusted football man they know, to come in as act as general manager. He must try to salvage this team and even possibly this season. My prayers are with the McNairs.
You nailed it!!!! BOB can't undertand the real part of his job.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Addition by subtraction, folks. Meaning they will most likely add more numbers to the loss column.

I can't imagine the locker room will have much confidence in their head coach and GM after this off-season.

Enjoy the chaos. :popcorn:

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
Addition by subtraction, folks. Meaning they will most likely add more numbers to the loss column.

I can't imagine the locker room will have much confidence in their head coach and GM after this off-season.

I’d pay big bucks to watch this team on Hard Knocks.

banned1976

sleeper mode

And without 1st and 2nd round picks in 2021, we may not see the bottom for a couple more years. I’m expecting a progressive decline in wins over the next 3 years. Because I’m really not sure how they recover anytime soon. They already traded away 2 of the 3 top assets they had and the best return was the 40th overall pick in this draft. During the short span of 6 months O’Brien has severely weakened the front 7 and the wide receiver core.

But that defense, man. They’re bad at rushing the QB. The secondary is depleted of corners, but they signed a rarely used safety, not a position of need. Clowney and Reader were two of the Texans best run stoppers. If you’re an opposing offense, take your pick, all options of attack are open for you.

Seriously, what the **** is O’Brien thinking?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
The McNair's are behind state of this franchise. They love their $$$$ and social status. A blind man can see this.

Remember the good ole days when I used to say this and people would make excuses like the McNair's are hands off owners, the McNair's are new on the job etc.... LMAO as they keep on cashing those checks.

Fans are blaming this on BOB and while this maybe somewhat true, this really comes down to $$$$ and the McNairs dont really care about winning.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

4yrs, $53 million. So less per year than scrub Johnson is gonna make
Johnson is only going to get paid 1 more yr unless he performs. Reader is going to get paid for 3 yrs.

kiwitexansfan

Hall of Fame
Johnson is only going to get paid 1 more yr unless he performs. Reader is going to get paid for 3 yrs.
Fair point, however with the rest of the ageing defense, Reader being the rock to build around for 3 years might have been the better path.

Cobb isn't useless.
He might not be, like any free agent signing time will tell as 'fit' is so important. Can BoB find Cobb's fit?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Fair point, however with the rest of the ageing defense, Reader being the rock to build around for 3 years might have been the better path.

He might not be, like any free agent signing time will tell as 'fit' is so important. Can BoB find Cobb's fit?
Cobb is the type vet slot WR this team has been missing for yrs. Plus he can PR/KR if need be.

I look at Cobb as a Boyd type Slot WR.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
My team from the get-go:

Bill Polian- Consultant/Mentor for Cal McNair and Mama McNair / 2-3 Year Contract depending on their learning curve.

Eliott Wolf- GM / Considered one of the young up and coming future GM's in the NFL. Has a real eye for talent. His negotiations skills will need to be honed but that's what Polian is there for as well. / 6 Year Contract

Alonzo Highsmith- Asst GM/Head of Scouting / An ex-Oiler who has learned his craft well. He started with Green Bay and made the transition to Cleveland with the other Packer defections. I think he would make this move since it would be viewed as a promotion. / 6 Year Contract

Head Coach- Two candidates in my book.....Dabo Sweeney and Jim Harbaugh. I think Sweeney's coaching style converts well to the NFL and he should have no problem assembling a staff that has the ability to coach-up players to fit the system. Harbaugh has proven to be a great HC talent. He has succeeded at every stop in his career. A young Texans team would give him the same opportunity to deliver in short order. My preference would be Sweeney simply b/c I think he would work much better with a young FO. Harbaugh would be tougher but Polian would be there to keep the calm.

ArmyBengal

Retired Army Medical NCO
As a Bengals fan first and Texans fan second, I can't say as I mind the Bengals signing Reader at all.
It doesn't really matter if the previous team thought highly of him or not. It doesn't matter if some feel the other team over paid.
What does matter is that he provides an upgrade to the roster he goes to.
DJ coming to Cincinnati does in fact provide a solid upgrade to the interior of our D-line and I look forward to him next to Atkins.

theCATALYST

Football Messiah
My team from the get-go:

Bill Polian- Consultant/Mentor for Cal McNair and Mama McNair / 2-3 Year Contract depending on their learning curve.

Eliott Wolf- GM / Considered one of the young up and coming future GM's in the NFL. Has a real eye for talent. His negotiations skills will need to be honed but that's what Polian is there for as well. / 6 Year Contract

Alonzo Highsmith- Asst GM/Head of Scouting / An ex-Oiler who has learned his craft well. He started with Green Bay and made the transition to Cleveland with the other Packer defections. I think he would make this move since it would be viewed as a promotion. / 6 Year Contract

Head Coach- Two candidates in my book.....Dabo Sweeney and Jim Harbaugh. I think Sweeney's coaching style converts well to the NFL and he should have no problem assembling a staff that has the ability to coach-up players to fit the system. Harbaugh has proven to be a great HC talent. He has succeeded at every stop in his career. A young Texans team would give him the same opportunity to deliver in short order. My preference would be Sweeney simply b/c I think he would work much better with a young FO. Harbaugh would be tougher but Polian would be there to keep the calm.
I approve this message!

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
As a Bengals fan first and Texans fan second, I can't say as I mind the Bengals signing Reader at all.
It doesn't really matter if the previous team thought highly of him or not. It doesn't matter if some feel the other team over paid.
DJ coming to Cincinnati does in fact provide a solid upgrade to the interior of our D-line and I look forward to him next to Atkins.
DJ and Geno are going to cause havoc. With Hubbard and Dunlap that DLine looks stout, and DJ will no doubt help against the rush. It was a smart move, the Bengal defense needs help. Who knows where that offense ends up so invest in the D while you can.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Bengals get themselves Baby Wilfork.
This addition to that Dline will win them more battles in the trenches.

chicagotexan2

Easterby = Little Finger/Cal = Fredo Corleone
I wish we had kept Reader Even if it meant overpaying a bit. He’s a good young homegrown player.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member

It'll probably take 2-3 years of ineptitude for them to fire OB ….. We're in for a long ride on the chaos train.

Hopefully he doesn't trade away any picks beyond his tenure here cause those are gonna be prime picks.

chicagotexan2

It'll probably take 2-3 years of ineptitude for them to fire OB ….. We're in for a long ride on the chaos train.

Hopefully he doesn't trade away any picks beyond his tenure here cause those are gonna be prime picks.
well we're already 6 years into the Ineptitude World Tour. He's upped his ineptness in the past few months. I'd like to believe he won't top the stupidity level but It's a mistake to underestimate Fat Travolta's stupidity. It's as if he takes it as a personal challenge to be the dumbest executive in the NFL.

santo

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
well we're already 6 years into the Ineptitude World Tour. He's upped his ineptness in the past few months. I'd like to believe he won't top the stupidity level but It's a mistake to underestimate Fat Travolta's stupidity. It's as if he takes it as a personal challenge to be the dumbest executive in the NFL.
He still has the draft and the rest of FA. That's too much time to give him.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
My team from the get-go:

I agree with your post except I'm not sure about Harbaugh. When he was with the 49ers, it appears he had the same abrasive, personality conflicts as O'Brien. Harbaugh would walk through the building and not even speak to the GM, staff or players. He even had conflicts with the team owner. If you hire him, I can easily see conflicts with a young GM.

Number19

Hall of Fame
Reality check. We've won the South Division 4 out of the past 5 years. Irregardless of personal feelings over management, the end results are hardly "inept".

As Corrossion implied, it'll take 2-3 really bad losing seasons for OB to be replaced. Get used to the idea of a long wait.

mussop

Hall of Fame
Reality check. We've won the South Division 4 out of the past 5 years. Irregardless of personal feelings over management, the end results are hardly "inept".

As Corrossion implied, it'll take 2-3 really bad losing seasons for OB to be replaced. Get used to the idea of a long wait.
How Marvin lewish of him. So know we’re the Marvin Lewis bengals. Great! And some are happy about this lol.

chicagotexan2

4 out of 5 division south titles. Very impressive. I must’ve missed the victory parades on Washington avenue Especially the latest one after blowing a 24 point lead and losing by 31 points in the end. I know fat Travolta isn’t getting fired especially he’s proven to be so adept at making great deals and getting excellent value in return for the players he’s trades.