Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

More Madness !

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
RS was mediocre, which means you can easily do worse (which we are experiencing now).

The same goes for BOB the HC. He's mediocre at that job and we can easily do worse. The bigger problem is he's also the GM & "OC".
If the HC/GM are both Mediocre.

OptimisticTexan

Hall of Fame
Then the Texans owner "Cal" should fire him but that has proven to be difficult since other team personnel can't seem to get Cal out of his office. Seems they keep hearing his lame arse talking into the fan and saying, "I'm your father Luke". Since he's locked his door, no one can either confirm nor deny that action figures are involved in his role playing behind closed doors.

thunderkyss

It's good to be me... again.
Staff member
Contributor's Club
In your opinion, what should the Texans do with the 2nd round pick they received from Arizona?

Replace Watson? Replace next year's 1st round pick? Shore up the pass rush? Get the BPA ?

I think it's going to suk not having a 1st this year. But I think LT is worth it. Not having a 1st & 2nd next year is going to be brutal. So I think we should replace next year's 1st.

How 'bout you?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
In your opinion, what should the Texans do with the 2nd round pick they received from Arizona?

Replace Watson? Replace next year's 1st round pick? Shore up the pass rush? Get the BPA ?

I think it's going to suk not having a 1st this year. But I think LT is worth it. Not having a 1st & 2nd next year is going to be brutal. So I think we should replace next year's 1st.

How 'bout you?
This is a long term Outlook and what should be done. 40 for a 2020 3rd and a 2021 1st or even 2nd.

Which means this will never happen, because the Texans never think long term.

OptimisticTexan

Hall of Fame
All these signings in FA have changed some teams original plans. I see in some Mocks where LT, defense and WR could be the big RD1 push. Me, I’m fine with since I’ve seen a few Mocks where C, Cesar Ruiz- Michigan could be there at 40. That could be huge.....especially if OG/C, Biadasz- Wisconsin is also on the board. The Texans need interior OL and if both were on the board in RD2 it would be hard to pass up.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I would've liked to keep Reader, but Cinci way overpaid for his services. The unfortunate part is that OB is passing out contracts to lesser players at other positions, thereby wrecking the cap.
These signings are front loaded. (2 yrs)

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Overpaying is overpaying, regardless of which end it's loaded on.
Frontloaded means very little to no cap hit. (This matters.)

Of course that means the McNairs have to pay more $$$$ up front and that's the way the new NFL contracts are. As much crap as I talk about the McNair's being tightasse*s I think Cal understands the way the new NFL works. (This still doesn't mean he's going to really change the way his daddy did business)

badboy

Hall of Fame
All these signings in FA have changed some teams original plans. I see in some Mocks where LT, defense and WR could be the big RD1 push. Me, I’m fine with since I’ve seen a few Mocks where C, Cesar Ruiz- Michigan could be there at 40. That could be huge.....especially if OG/C, Biadasz- Wisconsin is also on the board. The Texans need interior OL and if both were on the board in RD2 it would be hard to pass up.
I would love to have both of those guys round two; however I do not think O'Brien's going to give a second round pick for someone that he will use as a backup to Martin at center.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I would love to have both of those guys round two; however I do not think O'Brien's going to give a second round pick for someone that he will use as a backup to Martin at center.
Particularly with the holes on defense.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Frontloaded means very little to no cap hit. (This matters.)

Of course that means the McNairs have to pay more $$$$ up front and that's the way the new NFL contracts are. As much crap as I talk about the McNair's being tightasse*s I think Cal understands the way the new NFL works. (This still doesn't mean he's going to really change the way his daddy did business)
Front loading does NOT mean little to no cap hit. Front loading means the painful part of the contract is in the early years of the contract and that there's relatively little guaranteed money in the later years, making it easier to cut the player.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
OB isn't going interior OL in the 2nd with the huge, gaping, self-inflicted hole at WR.

RGV82

Random guy
There are way too many threads about every transaction this off-season. Hard to keep up with every discussion. It would be nice if we could consolidate ALL Texans off-season moves into one thread for a more fluent discussion rather than starting a new thread for every thought, idea or transaction. Or at least properly title the new thread so we know what its about. Like this one called "More madness".... just title it something about DJ Reader so we can follow the topic based on the title.

OptimisticTexan

Hall of Fame
OB isn't going interior OL in the 2nd with the huge, gaping, self-inflicted hole at WR.
WR's will be very deep in this draft.......Day 1 starting IOL, not so much. A top shelf OL can certainly help WR's look much better. I still want RB, AJ Dillon- Boston College before or in RD4. 2 stud OL and Dillon would really prop up this offense going forward.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Front loading does NOT mean little to no cap hit. Front loading means the painful part of the contract is in the early years of the contract and that there's relatively little guaranteed money in the later years, making it easier to cut the player.
Understood

I wasn't clear with that post.