Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

MNF Gameday Thread: Titans @ Texans

Today begins our season, and it will all hinge on this game. Lose, and I believe it's the first domino to fall in a total collapse. Win, and I believe it's the beginning of a foundation that will springboard this team to the playoffs. It's taking every ounce of my efforts to remain calm today. We Central Texas fans have suffered long enough in the presence of VY nut huggers, and Sowboy asshats. Win, and we finally have some traction to respond to their BS, lose, and we may have to go into the witness protection program :)

RACK HIM!!!! S.A. Toros!,...is 5:00 too early to set up shop at BWW's? Tonite we go Spartan on Bud's arss!! :wherewill

I asked my titans friend if he was excited about the game tonight and here is his response.

me: thats coo.
you excited about MNF?
Sent at 2:44 PM on Monday
James: dude
i'm FREAKING out abouy MNF
i think titans are going 10-6
and bumping the steelers for the playoffs
Sent at 3:03 PM on Monday
me: lol
good one
i gotta write that one down for later
James: yeah

Nick from HT.com just called me and told me that traffic is worse than he figured when driving in, so get to the game early today. I'm gonna head that way shortly.

Been sitting in platinum for about an hour. Had a couple cold ones. The atmosphere is pretty good around here. The folks are stoked to whoop some Titan ass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everybody invaded my house for our "home tailgate". *hides in the back room posting on the TT board*

Have a great evening everyone who is departing for the stadium, hope you enjoy it!

Not tooooo long to go now. The beers are in, the food is being brought over soon, the new TV is working very nicely, everything is perfectly in place for wide screen HD shots of VY crying and a sea of Red in the Relliant.

I cannot recall being this amped up for a football game in years. Effin years.

Whoever said that they were ready to hit something, I understand. I'll have to lift before the game to expend some of this energy.....

LET'S GO! LET'S DO THIS!

Tater's getting ready.

15351_1210241750457_1661135894_543713_4079061_n.jpg

He's wearing his Texans shirt over to a friend's MNF watching party. Auto win for Texans.

Whoooooooooooooooooooo!!!

You know, I could have sworn on Monday evenings and the Mondays I'm able to catch TV ESPN whore's up the upcoming MNF game to no end. Today you would never know they are doing the game. Could be just me, but I'm not seeing **** right now. (As I type they go live from Reliant to tell me they'll be back live from Reliant)

This game for some reason reminds me of opening night in 2002.. I haven't been so excited for a game in a while.. I know the Texans could easily lose this game but I am PUMPED!!!

It just came to me, we'll win this one.

It's not a prophecy, it's solely based on the fact that if we don't I'll have a horrible week... :)

Need more beer, 2 more hours to go, it'll be 2:30am here when it starts.

http://www.houstontexans.com/blog/

Inactives - Texans:
7 QB Dan Orlovsky (3QB)
12 WR Jacoby Jones :(
28 CB Antwaun Molden
32 CB Fred Bennett
34 S Dominique Barber
70 G Tutan Reyes
96 DE Tim Jamison
97 DT Frank Okam

Note: Glenn Martinez is active and will return punts for Jones. André Davis is expected to be the kickoff returner.

Inactives - Titans:
12 WR Justin Gage
21 RB Javon Ringer
35 RB Alvin Pearman
50 LB David Thronton :)
56 LB Collin Allred
70 T/G Troy Kropog
90 DE Jevon Kearse :)
91 DT Jason Jones :)

Starting lineup changes - Titans:
Kenny Britt will start at wide receiver for Justin Gage. Gerald McRath will start at outside linebacker for Thornton.

I hope Andre Davis can step up and be a playmaker with Jacoby out of the game. He was a step away from making a huge play in Indy, the play that Jacoby ended up making for us. He needs to come up big whether it be on special teams or offense because less than 10 catches and no return tds 9 games into the season is unacceptable for a playmaker like him imo.

Hopefully our team can take advantage of the Titans missing 3 starters in their front 7 (Kearse, Jones, and Thornton) and get a running game going this week!!! Not having Kearse screaming off the edge should help Schaub have time to hit AJ with a few deep balls :)

ESPN sucks. So far on the pre-game show it's nothing but a love fest for the Titans. And I hate HATE their booth crew. Gruden is just awful to listen to.

ESPN sucks. So far on the pre-game show it's nothing but a love fest for the Titans. And I hate HATE their booth crew. Gruden is just awful to listen to.

Gruden is awesome! I think the pre-game on ESPN has been pretty good. I'm enjoying it.

Interesting ...

RB Arian Foster is active. WR Glenn Martinez is, too, and will return punts

I like that we have a RB with no regular season game film active for this game. I think we have a chance to surprise them if Foster meets his training camp hype and can actually push a pile.

FINALLY!!!!!!

Got home at 6.

On Shiner 2.

Bout to heat dinner up and settle in!!

G-D Ready for this game!!!!!!

:texflag:

For those who are asking - Jacoby has been battling a calf issue that he had coming out of the Colts game. Apparently the bye didn't heal it up. He was only able to do partial practices all week.

Giving the Bills two middle fingers: $250,000.
Guaranteed money for a first round QB crybaby bust: $27.5 million.

Watching the Titan's dim playoff hopes smashed on MNF... Priceless.

:texans:

If we stop Chris Johnson, game over. If we don't, it's gonna be a long night. Tonight we get to see how good our run defense really is.

Warning please cover your carpet (and your children's eyes) with plastic due to the love fest all the TV personalities are going to have tonight

Back