Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Kansas City Chiefs @ Houston Texans. Noon. 9/13. CBS. **Official Liberty White Thread**

My gosh, this sounds like a Kubiak quote......

I thought the same thing when I saw it.

Adam Wexler ‏@awexler

On #TexansGameday, O'Brien said "it's our job to get him (Hopkins) the ball."
Had 1 rec in 1H. 8 in 2H, 5 w/ Mallett

#Texans DeAndre Hopkins w/ each QB:
Hoyer: 4 rec/7 targets, 39yds TD (1 drop); 12 series
Mallett: 5/6, 59 yds, TD (plus 2pt conv); 2 series

... just putting these up when (I hope not) Hoyer starts next week.

I admit I'm pushing it. This guy's extended hyperbolic droning hatefest has made me want to go kitten kicking. Not an excuse, just sayin.

I can chill out about his ugly chick, though. No need to push further.

All chilled.
The hatefest is deserved by the results and product that we fans pay our hard earned money to see.

You that hard up for *****?

I'm not that hard up for something that needs to fed by hand, no. But if you want to produce pictures of this "hot" and "cool" "girlfriend" that you say you have instead, then fair enough.

The hatefest is deserved by the results and product that we fans pay our hard earned money to see.

I don't care if you don't like the product. Lots of people don't like the product. What lots of people don't do is act like they're kicking their binky around their crib in protest. That usually stops at a certain age. You have to do so? Well, ok I guess.

Nate Washington surprised me today. Really good game for him.
Great game statistically for sure (6 receptions, 105 yards and 17.5 per) but he dropped 5 passes and should have caught that one potential Touchdown pass in the end zone before halftime. I realize it was a missed pass interference call, I'm not sure how the officials missed it, but the ball was right there and a play had to be made in that situation. I hate when guys drop balls in the end zone and helplessly b*tch about a non-call. Make the damn catch man. It was right in front of him. That's easy money right there. We just allowed that Touchdown to elude us.

It cost us 4 points. In a game we ended up losing only 27-20 despite feeling like it was a blow out early and often. If Nate Washington converts that TD perhaps we'd have found a way to pull it out. Nate had 0 TDs and that's the one stat which matters the most.

This game felt out of reach because Brian Hoyer's poor play but some dropped balls hurt his cause to fight back. Hopkins also dropped a 3rd and 1 easy catch on a screen. Blue got stuffed on 4th and 1 and we turned it over on downs.

the texans are the only team in the nfl where the kick/punt returner has ZERO percent chance of breaking one for a td. WHY does obrien love mumphry??? he SUCKS and is VERY SLOW. it's embarrassing.

a 4.6 guy returning kick/punts????!!!!!!

So do we start talking about next year's draft now?
Titans spanking Tampa Bay, 35-7 at halftime. Marcus Mariota is looking like a franchise quarterback (10-for-13 for 175, 4 TDs and 0 INTs) and out-playing #1 overall pick Jameis Winston.

The Titans will be 1-0 and the Colts, Texans and Jaguars are all 0-1. Too early to say but man oh man we've got a lot of work to do. Let's hope Ryan Mallett is our answer at quarterback going into Week 2 because Brian Hoyer sure ain't it buddy.

Titans spanking Tampa Bay, 35-7 at halftime. Marcus Mariota is looking like a franchise quarterback (10-for-13 for 175, 4 TDs and 0 INTs) and out-playing #1 overall pick Jameis Winston.

The Titans will be 1-0 and the Colts, Texans and Jaguars are all 0-1. Too early to say but man oh man we've got a lot of work to do. Let's hope Ryan Mallett is our answer at quarterback going into Week 2 because Brian Hoyer sure ain't it buddy.
Be prepared for OB to give Hoyer one more shot. For some reason I don't see Mallett starting next week.

Great game statistically for sure (6 receptions, 105 yards and 17.5 per) but he dropped 5 passes and should have caught that one potential Touchdown pass in the end zone before halftime. I realize it was a missed pass interference call, I'm not sure how the officials missed it, but the ball was right there and a play had to be made in that situation. I hate when guys drop balls in the end zone and helplessly b*tch about a non-call. Make the damn catch man. It was right in front of him. That's easy money right there. We just allowed that Touchdown to elude us.

It cost us 4 points. In a game we ended up losing only 27-20 despite feeling like it was a blow out early and often. If Nate Washington converts that TD perhaps we'd have found a way to pull it out. Nate had 0 TDs and that's the one stat which matters the most.

This game felt out of reach because Brian Hoyer's poor play but some dropped balls hurt his cause to fight back. Hopkins also dropped a 3rd and 1 easy catch on a screen. Blue got stuffed on 4th and 1 and we turned it over on downs.

Washington did not drop 5 passes. And if you look at the PI no-call in the end zone, the defender made contact with his left arm across Washington's arms and dragging them down. There was no way he could "make the damn catch" when the defended pinned his arms before the ball got there. He was one of the better players today. Not sure what he personally did to you to get you all pissed at him.

So do we start talking about next year's draft now?
We always do, LOL.

Wanted Wison and Keenum.
Could have had a starter and a backup now.

Wanted to trade a good part of the farm for a chance to get Mariotta.

And now I'm wanting them to try to stockpile picks again if they can for 3 years down the road.
It might not work out, but at least you try.

the texans are the only team in the nfl where the kick/punt returner has ZERO percent chance of breaking one for a td. WHY does obrien love mumphry??? he SUCKS and is VERY SLOW. it's embarrassing.

a 4.6 guy returning kick/punts????!!!!!!

How many examples do people need to understand that 40 times do not define ability?

Washington did not drop 5 passes. And if you look at the PI no-call in the end zone, the defender made contact with his left arm across Washington's arms and dragging them down. There was no way he could "make the damn catch" when the defended pinned his arms before the ball got there. He was one of the better players today. Not sure what he personally did to you to get you all pissed at him.
Worded it wrong. Five incompletions thrown his way as he was targeted 11 times. And I still think he has to make that Touchdown catch. No pass interference was called. I didn't like the way he reacted after. Losing teams blame officials. Winning teams make plays. Stats are for losers. That old saying. I want to win.

Worded it wrong. Five incompletions thrown his way as he was targeted 11 times. And I still think he has to make that Touchdown catch. No pass interference was called. I didn't like the way he reacted after. Losing teams blame officials. Winning teams make plays. Stats are for losers. That old saying. I want to win.

We aren't blaming the officials but you can't tell me that was a good no call.....

mumphry SUCKS. he had an undraftable grade at the draft. we wasted a 5th rounder on him. obrien got a lot of flack about it and is purposely playing in way he shouldn't be played like kick/punt returner to try to prove the naysayers wrong. he should have never been drafted, especially in the 5th round.

I don't care if a returner can take one to the house. I'd rather start every drive on the 27 than get 1 return TD on the season and start every drive on the 20.

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans
O'Brien: "I think all of us in that locker room, starting with the head coach, need to do better. After halftime, they competed."

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith
Bill O'Brian said he doesn't know if Hoyer is still starter. Too early to say. Will have to review tape. #Texans

My gosh, this sounds like a Kubiak quote......:kubepalm:

Keep in mind that this is what he has to say either way. That response is such a given that I don't even know why the media asks the question at that moment. Even if the decision to start Mallett week 2 has already been made, you don't publically stomp on Hoyer's pride by announcing that decision right now. Then there's the factor of O'Brien saving some credibility.

Now, if O'Brien starts Hoyer week 2, then ignore anything I say, 'cause I'll be confused as hell.

mumphry SUCKS. he had an undraftable grade at the draft. we wasted a 5th rounder on him. obrien got a lot of flack about it and is purposely playing in way he shouldn't be played like kick/punt returner to try to prove the naysayers wrong. he should have never been drafted, especially in the 5th round.

There is plenty of evidence in camp and preseason that says you're wrong. Yet you're still citing a draft grade? White boy please.

Keep in mind that this is what he has to say either way. That response is such a given that I don't even know why the media asks the question at that moment. Even if the decision to start Mallett week 2 has already been made, you don't publically stomp on Hoyer's pride by announcing that decision right now. Then there's the factor of O'Brien saving some credibility.

Now, if O'Brien starts Hoyer week 2, then ignore anything I say, 'cause I'll be confused as hell.

Yeah. A good leader doesn't throw his guys under the bus. Guys like Gruden do that, and look how that's going in DC.

We aren't blaming the officials but you can't tell me that was a good no call.....
I'm just frustrated with today's 27-20 loss like everybody else.
That epic Astros comeback win at Anaheim just now cheered me up.
If the Texans play like they did in the 2nd half moving forward we'll be alright.

Brady had an undraftable grade at the draft, Foster also, Victor Cruz maybe. YEah them dumb ass teams for giving them a shot....

well, we might as well put a nose tackle back there returning kicks

Yeah, cuz that's exactly what I said.

People used to beotch that JJ Moses could get caught from behind. I don't care because he averaged well. If you can get both great, but speed and breakaway potential are secondary to average.

"out-coached"

Usually this is head-coach speak that translates to a false assumption of blame in order to deflect criticism from the team. Today, however, when O'Brien used the term, he was right in the literal sense. The Chiefs were better prepared, and had great schemes planned to neutralize our strengths; especially our pass-rush. I'm generally an O'Brien fan so far, but today he got his ass handed to him.

"out-coached"

Usually this is head-coach speak that translates to a false assumption of blame in order to deflect criticism from the team. Today, however, when O'Brien used the term, he was right in the literal sense. The Chiefs were better prepared, and had great schemes planned to neutralize our strengths; especially our pass-rush. I'm generally an O'Brien fan so far, but today he got his ass handed to him.

Anyone in 2015 that heads into a season after a fake qb competition that's ends up with Brian Hoyer as the winner is announcing loud and clearly that they are unprepared. Didn't need the chiefs game to see that.

Whether mallett is better or worse is not relevant. Our head coach heading into year two landed on Hoyer as his starter. That's not the move of someone who makes me believe they are on their game.

Lotta stink in this game from everyone in liberty white....i wanna believe this is a combination of hard knocks hangover and adjustment to godsey calling plays, but what i saw today tells me its deeper than that...the o-line looked like ****, qb looked like **** but what really surprised me was how bad the the defense looked and just how bad OB and Crennel were schooled. everyone in general just looked out of sink..byproduct of not playing guys together enough in the preseason me thinks..or should i say me hopes.

While the game sucked, the lady I was sitting next to had boots which definitely did not:

261ae5aea6d63cdfd19422db7a88e929.jpg

Sorry I didn't follow this thread all the way through, but did anyone notice on the Chiefs first punt, we only had 9 guys on the field?

No... But i was pissed late in the 4th qtr that smith wasnt called for intentional grounding when he threw that ball away with clowney about to light him up. There was noone within a mile of where he threw that ball and he was not outside the pocket. the next play they converted a 3rd and 8 to kelce....which would've made it 4th and 5 or so if he was correctly called the previous play.

For a rookie, Mumph has already made some Kevin Walter-esque plays as a possesion receiver, and then some. I wasn't geeked about the pick, either, but the kid has worked like a vet from day-one...and we see it on the field.

The refs certainly didn't do us any favors today. On Hoyer's interception he was was hit in the head, which is a weak foul IMO, but still should've been called. 2+ very clear pass interference calls, both would've directly led to points. 2 calls against us overturned by instant replay. A remarkable amount of holding went unnoticed. An intentional grounding or two also went unnoticed. I'm all for referee's swallowing their whistles, but not if it unbalances the outcome.

We sucked. All game long. Can't blame the refs. However, they didn't do us any favors. There were two flagrant PIs they should have called that would have helped us a lot one, was in the end zone on 3rd down where we had to settle for a field goal.

Then, on that bootleg where Jj folded Alex Smith in half, that should have been an intentional grounding call, loss of yards & down, we'd have got the ball back sooner after Mallett's TD... we might not have had to go for the onside kick at the end of the game.

Lotta stink in this game from everyone in liberty white....i wanna believe this is a combination of hard knocks hangover and adjustment to godsey calling plays, but what i saw today tells me its deeper than that...the o-line looked like ****, qb looked like **** but what really surprised me was how bad the the defense looked and just how bad OB and Crennel were schooled. everyone in general just looked out of sink..byproduct of not playing guys together enough in the preseason me thinks..or should i say me hopes.

Having a better quarterback actually helps a lot of that. Having a qb who can get rid of the ball quicker, slide a bit in the picket, and make adjustments to the defense at the line makes the oline look better. Having a qb that can sustain drives keeps the other teams offense on the sideline - helping the defense. Having a qb that doesn't fork the ball over on our half of the field doesn't give the other team great field position - also helping the defense.

Having a better qb isn't going to fix every single thing that went wrong today, there's plenty to go around to tighten up. But having a qb that makes me long for the days of Ryan Fitzpatrick is saying a lot about what having a better qb today would have meant to this ballclub.

Hopefully we'll have a better qb starting next week.

Having a better quarterback actually helps a lot of that. Having a qb who can get rid of the ball quicker, slide a bit in the picket, and make adjustments to the defense at the line makes the oline look better. Having a qb that can sustain drives keeps the other teams offense on the sideline - helping the defense. Having a qb that doesn't fork the ball over on our half of the field doesn't give the other team great field position - also helping the defense.

Having a better qb isn't going to fix every single thing that went wrong today, there's plenty to go around to tighten up. But having a qb that makes me long for the days of Ryan Fitzpatrick is saying a lot about what having a better qb today would have meant to this ballclub.

Hopefully we'll have a better qb starting next week.
I agree with most of what your saying... But that qb you're talking about isnt on the roster. And the oline just stunk today period...its not a coincidence the The run game was **** akong with the pass game..the oline was manhandled today and their poor play influenced everything.

We sucked. All game long. Can't blame the refs. However, they didn't do us any favors. There were two flagrant PIs they should have called that would have helped us a lot one, was in the end zone on 3rd down where we had to settle for a field goal.

Then, on that bootleg where Jj folded Alex Smith in half, that should have been an intentional grounding call, loss of yards & down, we'd have got the ball back sooner after Mallett's TD... we might not have had to go for the onside kick at the end of the game.

First no one has mentioned the 3rd down scramble where Smith was well over the line of scrimmage before throwing the ball and picking up the 1st down.

Also I realize I complain about the officials almost more than anyone on the board, and while I realize bad calls and missed calls normally go both ways, some have more impact than others. There were several calls that could have easily made the game closer than it was.

With that said I don't understand how people can say you can't blame the refs and the team has to overcome those calls. That sounds great and all but teams in the NFL are all pretty closely matched for the most part. So tell me if two teams like the Chiefs and Texans are pretty close to equal and either is capable of winning on any given Sunday how can a series of calls not greatly impact the outcome of the game?

Offenses in general just looked bad today all over the nfl..save for the chiefs, packers and NE anyway. 3 of the more explosive offenses in the league in Indy, Den and Det struggled today on offense and there seems to me to be more ints thrown by qbs today than at any time in the league that i can remember. Defenses always gel faster than offenses so i expect us and the rest if the league to improve as the season goes on.

Back