Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Johnathan Joseph a TEXAN! (Cut March 11, 2020)

Adam Schefter
Filed to ESPN: Texans reach agreement with former Bengals CB Johnathan Joseph on a five-year deal. Nnamdi to Jets looking more likely.

Alright then. So let's zero in here, and talk about how he fits with what we're doing.

Which of you guys feel like you've seen him play enough to get a read on it for us?

I admittedly don't watch Bengals games. And even in the times we've played them, I can't recall him.

Nnamdi's delaying tactics might have cost him some money. Or the Texans might have just gotten fed up of waiting.

I like the signing (pre numbers), but I'm so hyped with Aso right now I can't get excited. JJ's injury history is another downer for me

I'm guessing Nnamdi took too long. Wanted Nnamdi more, but Joseph and Manning (for example) would be two good signings. Still hope there is a way to get Aso also though.

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan." -- Prussian General Karl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege, 1832

You can't wait around forever while FAs are being signed left and right. We need more than a corner.

If you would have told me this a week ago I would have jumped at it...thought he was staying in Cincy. Younger than Aso and hopefully leaves room for more DB help.

Let's also remember that it is only an agreement. Nothing has settled. Seattle has shown us that. Would like to know how much we save by doing this.

If we really got Joseph my opinion of our braintrust just went up depending on what we paid. Now let's keep signing. I'm glad the Texans didn't play the fool.

Great news! So glad we got Option B instead of waiting for Option A, not getting it, and ending up with Option E

Any chance we could still sign Aso? I dont know the type of money JJ warranted. 2 top notch corners would be a dream!

I'm guessing Nnamdi took too long. Wanted Nnamdi more, but Joseph and Manning (for example) would be two good signings. Still hope there is a way to get Aso also though.

GB,

The twitter feed a few days ago, the one for Bears-related tweets, had a guy asking about D Manning....and the reply was that he's not going back to Bears AND that he was "down in Houston waiting out free agency moves."

I can't believe I forgot to post it back when it happened. I'm on the road using iPhone. Can someone on a computer research the Manning tweets? It was Monday or Tuesday IIRC.

Could be a CB/S combo ?????

From Andre Johnsons twitter:

Johnathan Joseph welcome to H Town. Glad your apart of the Texans
50 secs ago

GB,

The twitter feed a few days ago, the one for Bears-related tweets, had a guy asking about D Manning....and the reply was that he's not going back to Bears AND that he was "down in Houston waiting out free agency moves."

I can't believe I forgot to post it back when it happened. I'm on the road using iPhone. Can someone on a computer research the Manning tweets? It was Monday or Tuesday IIRC.

Could be a CB/S combo ?????[/QUOTE

McClain reported a couple hours ago that we are among the final 3 choices for Manning, just waiting on an answer from Nnamdi.

Anyone want to guess how much hos contract will be?

I'll go with 5 years 45 million with 20 guaranteed. I don't think he will crack the 10 mill a year mark.

From Glover Quinn's twitter:

Contrats to Jonathan Joseph.. Lets make it happen this yr.. See u in Houston..
7 mins 6 secs ago

I like this option much more unless we paid the same price. Then I still like it, just not as much. ASO would have been great, but now we MIGHT still land Leach and a decent safety. Smart move IMO

Color me excited. Going to to go work out then smoke a fatty!

I wanted aso, but I think Joseph is an extremely good player. Going to be good to see some competent cb play.

And I am glad that the fo went after aso hard.

From Walterfootball: Ranked 2nd of free agent cornerbacks with a 4 1/2 star rating.

An elite NFL cornerback, Johnathan Joseph will be franchised this offseason. Joseph has expressed interest in staying with the team, which is a major plus.

Love it! Final Ty an all around CB that can can play man, zone and tackle. Totally on board. Especially if we get a solid S and some front 7 depth

I like this option much more unless we paid the same price. Then I still like it, just not as much. ASO would have been great, but now we MIGHT still land Leach and a decent safety. Smart move IMO

If they get Leach and Manning with JJ, I will be one happy Texan.

He's about the same as Dunta Robinson in terms of staying with his man but has better ball awareness. This move + an average or better safety brings the Texans defense back to at worst their 2009 level and potentially well above average.

Back