Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Johnathan Joseph a TEXAN! (Cut March 11, 2020)

Color me excited. Going to to go work out then smoke a fatty!

I wanted aso, but I think Joseph is an extremely good player. Going to be good to see some competent cb play.

And I am glad that the fo went after aso hard.

I guess Smithiak made the decision for Aso since he kept dangling Houston as a bargaining chip in from of the foot fetish folks. His agent has to be pissed now. Aso's price just went down.

From Walterfootball: Ranked 2nd of free agent cornerbacks with a 4 1/2 star rating.

An elite NFL cornerback, Johnathan Joseph will be franchised this offseason. Joseph has expressed interest in staying with the team, which is a major plus.

You know how good it feels to read the words "elite" and "cornerback" associated with the Texans??!! I'm stoked! We can go and get a safety we'll have the most glaring holes in our team filled. We can still use another receiver if David Andersen gets traded. I think KJ will have a better season (and this is not hype speaking right now. I really feel KJ will be solid for us) and with Wade doing his thing, we should have a solid defense.

I can live with it, was really hoping we'd pull off the Aso deal, but I gotta believe with all the information out there, his choice wasn't the Texans, and I'm ok with it being on him, not our FO. Now, bring me the best F'in safety you can find now Rick! :)

I guess Smithiak made the decision for Aso since he kept dangling Houston as a bargaining chip in from of the foot fetish folks. His agent has to be pissed now. Aso's price just went down.

Yep.

And I ain't mad at em. Aso tried to play both sides of the line and it might cost him now.

With it publicly known we are out of the race don't be surprised if his agent drums up some other team as wanting asos services.

Was really really hoping we got Aso but I can understand the team making the deal especially if Aso seems unsure and Joseph is right there ready to sign.

I knew he was leaving the Bengals. You can blame Mike Brown for that i'm sure, not sure any player would want to play for that team with how he's handled the Palmer situation.

Now lets resign leach and grab another DB please.

Texans agree to deal with Jonathan Joseph. Pessimistic Texan's fans reactions below

697eU.gif

Good news on the safety front, we're in the running for the Bears Danieal Manning.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pl...news.asp?sport=NFL&id=3696&line=207545&spln=1

I don't know much about Manning. How good is he? Is he more of a ball hawking safety? Where would you guys rank him in terms of the best safeties in the league?

Also, I have this weird feeling that the Texans are not done with the corner position. I think they'll sign another guy, probably not a big name, but someone who can come in an provide good depth.

Repped! Rick Smith told the star FA using the Texans as a leverage tool, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice... uhh... uhh.. we don't get fooled again!"

No Leigh Bodden and Orland Pace tactics this time. I'm glad the organization realized what was going on and forced the issue.

Really pleased with this news.

I really really wanted Aso, but you always have to want the top player at a position of need, the fact is, if this saves some cap room it is probably a pretty close plan b.

Now how about getting Cromartie across from him and letting KJ learn his trade from the slot? That would set us up going forward.

The Houston Texans have reached agreement with Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Johnathan Joseph on a five-year deal, according to sources.

The 27-year-old Joseph, considered the Bengals top cornerback, intercepted three passes and recorded 42 tackles last season.

The 5-foot-11, 185-pound cornerback has 14 career interceptions, including six in the 2009 season when the Bengals won the AFC North.

Cincinnati selected Joseph in the first round of the 2006 draft (24th overall).

He was suspended one game in the 2007 season for violating the league's substance abuse policy due to an arrest for marijuana possession.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6...ohnathan-joseph-agree-5-year-deal-sources-say

don't underestimate the influence of wade phillips LOL :tease: :joker:

hmm.... random thought, Adimchinobe Echemandu (remember him?) is Nmandi's cousin. Bring him in. :kitten:

Great signing getting Joesph. They went hard after Aso but ended up getting an elite corner in Joesph. This definitely helps the secondary out a ton.

I am happy with joseph. I doubted aso wanted to be gere and I like Joseph and hope he stays healthy. I am excited and optimistic about the defense this season inspite of okoye and kareem.

Right on! Any other year Joseph would be one, if not the, top defensive player in free agency. Glad we finally have a competent cornerback!

Really pleased with this news.

I really really wanted Aso, but you always have to want the top player at a position of need, the fact is, if this saves some cap room it is probably a pretty close plan b.

Now how about getting Cromartie across from him and letting KJ learn his trade from the slot? That would set us up going forward.

KJ can battle Harris for the nickle position in camp while sitting behind JoJo and JAllen, please make it happen Wade

Let's not start twisting things, this had nothing to do with saving money, it's about getting business done & moving on. For all we know (because I haven't seen the money) we may be paying Joseph $12 Million

Which I would be fine with.

We put $14 Million on the table for Nnamdi, he balked, we walked...

Chances are that he will go to the Jets for the $12M they offered, Cromartie would go to the 49ers....

Maybe we can also pick up a Carr or Clements as well as Manning.

Joseph and Jason Allen the starters. Brandon Harris, Kareem Jackson and Roc Carmichael backing up or in nickel...Glover Quin and Danieal Manning the safeties...I can definitely handle this!! :thisbig:

I can live with it, was really hoping we'd pull off the Aso deal, but I gotta believe with all the information out there, his choice wasn't the Texans, and I'm ok with it being on him, not our FO. Now, bring me the best F'in safety you can find now Rick! :)

^^^^
This

Thanks for not getting played. BoB,Gary and Rick

Well, whatever anyone says about our new JJ, he's got to be better than what we have right now, so any way you look at this it's a good thing.

Let's not start twisting things, this had nothing to do with saving money, it's about getting business done & moving on. For all we know (because I haven't seen the money) we may be paying Joseph $12 Million

Which I would be fine with.

We put $14 Million on the table for Nnamdi, he balked, we walked...

Chances are that he will go to the Jets for the $12M they offered, Cromartie would go to the 49ers....

Maybe we can also pick up a Carr or Clements as well as Manning.

I think you've misunderstood me a little there mate, I'm simply saying I'm pretty happy with this outcome, I'd have been a bit happier had we signed Aso player for player, but I wrote if this saves us enough extra $$ to go out and get better at other positions as well then it might be a positive thing for us going forward.

I like how some of the Bengals fans are saying good riddance, I guess all fans are the same no matter what team you root for, lol.

Back