Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

JJ Watt "he is just awesome" Thread

]Guaranteed that article has made it onto JJ's FB Page, [/B]Twitter and/or locker! Florio is a complete dweeb. Couldn't have said it better...poke the bear, poke the bear! Bortles is toast....

We could make sure.... :D

Guaranteed that article has made it onto JJ's FB Page, Twitter and/or locker! Florio is a complete dweeb. Couldn't have said it better...poke the bear, poke the bear! Bortles is toast....

KaleidoscopicClearcutAustraliansilkyterrier.gif

And the MVP award is a fkn joke that needs to be put to rest already. When you automatically exclude defense from any chance at winning the award, it basically becomes the Offensive Player of the Year award. Oh wait, they already have that. No reason to keep the MVP award then. Just scrap it if you're never going to consider defensive players.

Not really even offensive player. I don't care how amazing a receiver is, he can't win because the QB gets all the credit.

What is interesting is how diverse the Super Bowl MVP is. The QB/RB dominance in League MVP points to laziness and lack of attentions span by the sportswriters IMO.

Hopefully he can get healthy enough for him to come back for the afc championship or superb owl

In a Year of Big Offense and Big Controversy, J.J. Watt Stands as Brightest Star

Im not posting any of the article but this is some seriously good stuff about JJ and his "persona" as some of you like to call it. Includes thoughts from Reggie Whites widow on Watt.

Seriously good stuff.

A little long winded, but yeah, great article.

Gives insight on what Watt has to go through off the field, which is why I never paid the idiots who said he's fake or a prick any attention. People would think the same way about them if they couldn't walk through the front door anywhere, couldn't hand out candy in their own neighborhood, and frankly couldn't live a normal life outside of their own home, because they're constantly bombarded by strangers. I know that's the price of stardom, but it would still have a effect on anyone. If he is short or closed off from the public in his private life I wouldn't blame him one bit.

A little long winded, but yeah, great article.

Gives insight on what Watt has to go through off the field, which is why I never paid the idiots who said he's fake or a prick any attention. People would think the same way about them if they couldn't walk through the front door anywhere, couldn't hand out candy in their own neighborhood, and frankly couldn't live a normal life outside of their own home, because they're constantly bombarded by strangers. I know that's the price of stardom, but it would still have a effect on anyone. If he is short or closed off from the public in his private life I wouldn't blame him one bit.

From the article:

On Halloween, neighbors asked him not to hand out candy at his moderate four-bedroom house in suburban Pearland, afraid traffic would flood their block. Because he didn't want to be rude, Watt obliged.

"J.J. loves Halloween because of the kids," said Watt's mother, Connie. "But if he handed out candy, it would be mayhem."

That's too bad - he should give it a try. When Andre Johnson was my neighbor his first three years in the league (in his moderate 5 bedroom suburban home), Halloween was great. He'd always fly his mom in for the festivities, which was nice. Each kid would get a little Ziploc with a candy bar, some suckers, and assorted other candy. Dre and his uncle (who most people on the board hate but no one knows much about, sorry to bring him up) would hang out in the front yard.

I never saw him mobbed by adults or even the kids (his mom handed out the candy after all). Maybe we were just used to him. I don't think he generated any more vehicle traffic either.

He really is a good guy.

Anybody want to see this happen? Get Watt playing full time both sides of the ball? Any shot that it could ever even be considered in today's NFL?

I've seen enough to know that if the Houston Texans All-Pro defensive end ever wanted to switch to the other side of the ball and go back to his original position of tight end, he would never be as good as, say, the Patriots Rob Gronkowski.

He'd be better. Much, much better.

How good would J.J. Watt be as TE?

No need to listen to the garbage video of Skip and SAS at the top, I'm referring to the article.

Edit: Never mind. I guess there is a whole thread on this subject.

Anybody want to see this happen? Get Watt playing full time both sides of the ball? Any shot that it could ever even be considered in today's NFL?

How good would J.J. Watt be as TE?

No need to listen to the garbage video of Skip and SAS at the top, I'm referring to the article.

Edit: Never mind. I guess there is a whole thread on this subject.

not really. He puts out so much effort now he gets winded and tired against good offenses when our offense can't stay on the field.

Isn't the single game sack record like five or something? Now that's a seven that would mean something.

Isn't the single game sack record like five or something? Now that's a seven that would mean something.

The most by a Texan was Connor Barwin's 4 sack game against the Jags in 2011.

Derrick Thomas, as has already been pointed out, has gotten 7. He's also gotten 6, along with Osi Umenyiora and Fred Dean.

This is my favorite thread of the week. I just scroll through the last couple pages and chuckle.

Dumbass - so was AJ. They charge you for the football.

But if you just hand the ball up into the stands, that's OK. It's if you THROW the ball up there where someone could get hurt because they're not looking and they get knocked in the head or if a bunch of people get into a fight over it.

But if you just hand the ball up into the stands, that's OK. It's if you THROW the ball up there where someone could get hurt because they're not looking and they get knocked in the head or if a bunch of people get into a fight over it.

Ok so I'm the dumbass. I thought they charged them whether they kept it or threw it so long as they didn't put it back in play.

From the article:

That's too bad - he should give it a try. When Andre Johnson was my neighbor his first three years in the league (in his moderate 5 bedroom suburban home), Halloween was great. He'd always fly his mom in for the festivities, which was nice. Each kid would get a little Ziploc with a candy bar, some suckers, and assorted other candy. Dre and his uncle (who most people on the board hate but no one knows much about, sorry to bring him up) would hang out in the front yard.

I never saw him mobbed by adults or even the kids (his mom handed out the candy after all). Maybe we were just used to him. I don't think he generated any more vehicle traffic either.

He really is a good guy.

It is different for J.J.

I think it is because Andre is cool to people but isn't a big personality to people he doesn't know.

The crowds for J.J. at camp are whack. You hear "Marry me J.J.!!!!" ....from dudes. The crowds for him are different and weirder for him than anyone I've ever seen anywhere.

Watt gives the crowd what they want. It is like he has had the dream his whole life of how he would be as a professional athlete on and off the field. And thought about it. He tries hard to be good and isn't ashamed to show that he tries hard to be good, which is terribly earnest, and not very fashionable in the era of snark, but I have no reason to believe it isn't sincere.

He is so mature. Not just for his age but for any age. I saw him do an extemporaneous speech for a crowd for Gatorade that couldn't have been any more smartly done.

We should appreciate every game what we are seeing. It is rare and cool.

(Some day I am going to plan on Chris Farleying him during training camp...."J.J. Watt, remember that game, in the playoffs, against the Bengals, where you jumped up and intercepted that ball, and ran into the end zone for a touchdown? That was awesome.")

I dunno, how does Ndamukong Suh stack up against JJ ?

He doesn't. Watt does everything Suh does, only better. Then, just for good measure, Watt moves all over the line, bats passes (hell, picks one ever so often), plays ST with impact, and then mixes in a little offense just for fun.

That doesn't detract from Suh, who is one helluva player in his own right.

I dunno, how does Ndamukong Suh stack up against JJ ?

Seriously?

Suh is an excellent DT.

Watt is an EPIC ? DE, DT, OLB...TE

20 years from now you'll be sitting down before a game watching a retrospective on the era of JJ Swatt and there won't be word one of Suh.

If you aren't some kind of incredible football geek - name a DT during the era of Bob Lilly. This is worse domination.

Seriously?

Suh is an excellent DT.

Watt is an EPIC ? DE, DT, OLB...TE

20 years from now you'll be sitting down before a game watching a retrospective on the era of JJ Swatt and there won't be word one of Suh.

If you aren't some kind of incredible football geek - name a DT during the era of Bob Lilly. This is worse domination.

I'll take "Mean" Joe Green any day over "Mr Cowboy".
But Suh played the greatest game I ever saw a Dlineman play. It was in a Big 12 championship game vs UT, you may have seen it yourself ? Suh is a tremendous player as is Watt, and word is he's going to end up making more money than JJ.

Back