Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Jets Win!! (yeah right)

Last year made me sick:gun:

I'm curious as I haven't been able to talk to a Jets fan, what was your feelings on moving up and grabbing Sanchez?

A lot of commentators were enamored by the guy and maybe I was/am missing something. He didn't jump out at me other then one of the better QBs in a real weak class. I think he was smart to leave USC early for that reason. I just don't think he stacks up well against this coming year's class.

25,000 posts!

Wow.

Rep for you in recognition of your contribution to this board.

Lol, I'd rep you if I could for the 25G's Bill. :barman:

Holy crap Batman!!!

By George, they must've been cuz the D I saw probably has Jones and Washington lickin their chops.

Yup. Dat be the one I was talking 'bout!!

I respect Jets fan 100% because they are true blue win or loose they are pissed at their team.

great fans

I mentioned it earlier, the Jets fans I talked to on JetsNation were pretty cool. A little ribbing here or there, but it really was all in good fun. Besides our record against them is 0-3 (I believe), so we don't have much room to talk mess.

I'm curious as I haven't been able to talk to a Jets fan, what was your feelings on moving up and grabbing Sanchez?

A lot of commentators were enamored by the guy and maybe I was/am missing something. He didn't jump out at me other then one of the better QBs in a real weak class. I think he was smart to leave USC early for that reason. I just don't think he stacks up well against this coming year's class.

To be honest, I didn't really trust drafting any QB in this years draft. Jets basically got Sanchez for an extra 2nd round pick and bunch of scrubs, so even if he fails we didn't bet the house on him.

But the more I watched him, actually go to one of the OTAs and camps, I kinda understand where everyone was saying he's got the "it" factor. Just his mechanics and foot movement are amazing. I'm not trying to be a homer for my own team, in fact I will be the first person to tell you how bad the Jets are. I really, really didn't trust him at first, but the more I watched, the more I liked him. Will he make mistakes? Of course, he's still a rookie. But in a class like Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, I think we're seeing a day and age where these QB's are excelling at an incredible rate. A lot of these college offenses are becoming similar to NFL standards.

He's 6'2 so that worries me a little and I do think he needs to bulk up a little more to stay healthy, he's not going to have an offensive line of this caliber forever and he will take a pounding (no ghey).

So basically, of course, all Jet fans have high hopes for this kid but we've been proven wrong too many times in the past and we'll see what happens.

He's 6'2 so that worries me a little

Presumably as too short? Not aimed at you but this stuff with height and weight is hilarious to me. Here you are saying 6'2" is too short and just a few days ago we had a Texans fan saying Schaub was too tall at 6'5". I guess the range has been narrowed to the one inch between 6'3"-6'4".

Back