Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Jets Win!! (yeah right)

You guys don't have a Hotties forum????

Thunderkyss was observing that unfortunate discrepancy earlier. Unless I am mistaken, it might be a point of lingering animosity and jealousy with some of our members that you guys have a hotties forum and we do not.

Maybe someone will want to start a petition or something.

:)

What in the world?

I have been out and around, braving the wilds of New York Jets dominated territory, trying to cultivate foreign relations in a friendly and diplomatic manner that I hope has represented this board and Houston Texans fans well.

Low and behold, I stop in to discover that one of my new found acquaintences has been kind enough to drop in and pay us a visit, and what do I find but this post by you. This post was offensive and uncalled for. There was nothing in Dimitri's post that warranted that kind of treatment. And as you can see from his additional posts, he is primarily interested in talking football, although he does bring a bias in favor of the New York Jets that is a bit unusual to see around these parts.

Dimitri, I am embarrassed that your first impression on the TexansTalk board would be anything like this. Fortunately, as you have seen for yourself, most of the other posters here do not act this way, but are generally pleasant and hospitable people. That is unless you check into our "No Spin Zone" forum, in which case all bets are off.

As you can see, we have here in M5Kwatts our own poster here who acts like your guy, OJCivilLiability. I guess there is one in every crowd.

Your post was disgraceful, M5kwatts. You have behaved abominably towards our guest and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Dude, read my post before yours, #26... I clearly explained my standpoint... just a couple of weeks ago a Saints troll was on here talking trash and lol'ing after everything and it was a total misuse of this message board... pardon me for trying to help police mindless trolling like this... and I know this guy is legit and your friend but his user name is similar to the former Saints troll so please excuse me for the way I treated him, my apologies Jets guy.

Dude, read my post before yours, #26... I clearly explained my standpoint... just a couple of weeks ago a Saints troll was on here talking trash and lol'ing after everything and it was a total misuse of this message board... pardon me for trying to help police mindless trolling like this... and I know this guy is legit and your friend but his user name is similar to the former Saints troll so please excuse me for the way I treated him, my apologies Jets guy.

I hate the Saints...

I dont understand why the Jets fans think its funny to still call us the oilers...?

Maybe because they used to be the Titans who are now the real Oilers?

Regardless, if you are a Jets fan you are in the shadow of the Giants, the real team up there. ;)

Welcome, Dimitri!

I think Sunday's games is gonna be a nail-biter but I predict we pull it out at home.

Amobi disappeared the last half of his rookie year and hasn't been seen since. He was given a bye ("he a young rookie") then the next year another bye ("sophomore slump plus he is hurt"). He gets no byes this year! He hasn't shown up in pre-season which is why we are so disappointed..... we'll see if he finds his motor this year.

Our run defense looked pathetic in pre-season and I hope Bush has figured out a solution to that. If the rest of the defense can get as fired up as Demeco did in the Minnesota game after that first play, then I like our chances better.

Our offense has the ability to out-score our sporatic defense which is why I am picking us to win.

Looking forward to a good game and no injuries! :wild:

To me, this is a game week thread and should be in the bullpen since it is about the week 1 game. That's just me though.

I agree. Maybe I had misunderstood, but I though the threads in the Rivalry Talk forum were for smack talk threads. No?

If there has been any smack talk at all that has occurred in this thread, it certainly has not been generated by any Jets fans.

I agree. Maybe I had misunderstood, but I though the threads in the Rivalry Talk forum were for smack talk threads. No?

If there has been any smack talk at all that has occurred in this thread, it certainly has not been generated by any Jets fans.
yep, I agree, but I don't tend to overrule the boss. I donno if he read the thread or just reacted to Joe's DEMAND that the mods "do their jobs" as if we do a poor job around here.

Have we disinegrated as a message board society to the point that we can't even talk football with opposing fans?? This Jets fan didn't come in here talking smack - he came in to talk football. We are turning into Carolina Panther message board.

:dontknowa

Moderators do your job and put this in the proper forum

Who died and made you king? :hides: :jk:

I disagree, it was in the proper forum before it was moved, unless the Jets have became some kind of rivalry while I was sleeping, this is a typical Gameday/Gameweek thread IMHO.

And our heated rivals even have gameday threads when we play them in the bullpen forum as well.

Last edited:
I apologize if I moved the thread prematurely. I was under the impression that this thread had a smack talking element to it. Maybe I should have read the whole thing before responding to the request to move it.

I apologize if I moved the thread prematurely. I was under the impression that this thread had a smack talking element to it. Maybe I should have read the whole thing before responding to the request to move it.
no probleemo boss...I fixed it. :spit:

Even though the tone of the posts were non-threatening, the title of the thread before Vinny fixed it amounts to mild taunting (or smack depending on the individual Texans fan).

I'm not surprised by their reactions! :)

Even though the tone of the posts were non-threatening, the title of the thread before Vinny fixed it amounts to mild taunting (or smack depending on the individual Texans fan).

I'm not surprised by their reactions! :)
just calls me vinny figsit

Ooof, a little harsh don't you think? I know, I know Sanchez is a rookie, and his receivers are pretty much pee wee level receivers. Will he go out there and light it up throwing 4 TD's? No absolutely not, but I do think he'll make good decisions throw a pick and maybe a TD that's good enough for me.

Like I said the Texans still scare me, they've upgraded tremendously and it will be a great game.

I think he'll get in trouble holding the ball too long. The clock takes a long time to learn. I think he'll throw a pic, get stripped, make a few good throws, and the Jets will lose by 4.

... we have big question marks coming into this season as jets fans starting at the top ...

... how is rex ryan going to handle the gameday intricacies of being hc? ... can he still have his players playing at an emotional high while cutting down on the ridiculous amount of preseason penalties ...

... is our rookie qb going to perform unbelievably like ryan/flacco did last season? or is he going to take his lumps and learn along the way like peyton manning/troy aikman? or is he going to show himself to be average all the way down to a bust? ...

... can vernon gholston step into the big vaccuum left by calvin pace's month long suspension and be more than "the ghost" that he has been since being drafted and play at least average? ...

... can sheppard, lowery, leonhard and rhodes contain the 2-4 wr's & te? ...

... can revis manage AJ and keep him in the 6 catches 80 yards 0 td's range? ...

... will the risk/reward agressive d rex has brought with him be enough on the same page with 4 new additions to the team ... and 2 backups playing due to suspensions ... to cause more turnovers than big plays allowed for the texans? ...

... that's a lot of question marks heading into a game ... if enough of them can be answered in the jets favor we will come out on top ... if they can't the texans will ...

... i expect the texans to get their points as the jets still try to gel on the defensive side ... i expect some of these plays to go in the jets favor as well regarding sacks/turnovers ... i expect the jets to rely heavily on the strength of the team ol & rb to keep the game close ... i expect sanchez will have to make some plays for the jets to come up on top ...

... should be a very exciting game ...

l_j_r

... i expect the texans to get their points as the jets still try to gel on the defensive side ... i expect some of these plays to go in the jets favor as well regarding sacks/turnovers ... i expect the jets to rely heavily on the strength of the team ol & rb to keep the game close ... i expect sanchez will have to make some plays for the jets to come up on top ...

l_j_r
If the Texans get a lead early (and I'm thinking we will), I expect Sanchez to be chased around by Mario, Smith and Barwin. As well as a LB or two. Maybe some other D-linemen as well.

If our backend can just hang in there for a little, it will be a long day for the Jets... I hope!

Bringing some jets fans with me to the game. They don't like their chances at all. Nuff said.

They have just as good a chance as us at this point. I don't think any of us really know how good the Texans are going to be this season. This was a weird preseason because normally I can get a pretty good vibe of where the team is at.

To me the offense looks like it can be great however still might have red zone issues. Schaub still looks fragile to me and Slaton could have a sophmore slump year. However on the other hand, everything could click, we could be lucky and avoid injuries, and have an exiting offense to watch.

Does anyone know how this defense is really going to look? We have some real talent and some apparent holes. They looked horrible at times and pretty good at times. Who knows which one shows up for the regular season.

As someone mentioned earlier predicting the Texans at this point is like predicting the Texas weather.

As far as the Jets go Sanchez looked pretty darn good to me in the preseason. Will he keep up that up in the regular season when things get dialed up? Who knows, however keep in mind that even David Carr looked decent in his first ever game and came away with a win. So he should not be underestimated just because he is a rookie playing his first game. Also I think the Jets are pretty good in other areas.

they have just as good a chance as us at this point. I don't think any of us really know how good the texans are going to be this season. This was a weird preseason because normally i can get a pretty good vibe of where the team is at.

to me the offense looks like it can be great however still might have red zone issues. Schaub still looks fragile to me and slaton could have a sophmore slump year. However on the other hand, everything could click, we could be lucky and avoid injuries, and have an exiting offense to watch.

Does anyone know how this defense is really going to look? We have some real talent and some apparent holes. They looked horrible at times and pretty good at times. Who knows which one shows up for the regular season.

As someone mentioned earlier predicting the texans at this point is like predicting the texas weather.

As far as the jets go sanchez looked pretty darn good to me in the preseason. Will he keep up that up in the regular season when things get dialed up? Who knows, however keep in mind that even david carr looked decent in his first ever game and came away with a win. So he should not be underestimated just because he is a rookie playing his first game. Also i think the jets are pretty good in other areas.

qft!

As far as the Jets go Sanchez looked pretty darn good to me in the preseason. Will he keep up that up in the regular season when things get dialed up? Who knows, however keep in mind that even David Carr looked decent in his first ever game and came away with a win. So he should not be underestimated just because he is a rookie playing his first game. Also I think the Jets are pretty good in other areas.
Hey, the Jets allowed David Carr to be the QB of the game in their 3rd pre-season game! :)

... we have big question marks coming into this season as jets fans starting at the top ...

... how is rex ryan going to handle the gameday intricacies of being hc? ... can he still have his players playing at an emotional high while cutting down on the ridiculous amount of preseason penalties ...

... is our rookie qb going to perform unbelievably like ryan/flacco did last season? or is he going to take his lumps and learn along the way like peyton manning/troy aikman? or is he going to show himself to be average all the way down to a bust? ...

... can vernon gholston step into the big vaccuum left by calvin pace's month long suspension and be more than "the ghost" that he has been since being drafted and play at least average? ...

... can sheppard, lowery, leonhard and rhodes contain the 2-4 wr's & te? ...

... can revis manage AJ and keep him in the 6 catches 80 yards 0 td's range? ...

... will the risk/reward agressive d rex has brought with him be enough on the same page with 4 new additions to the team ... and 2 backups playing due to suspensions ... to cause more turnovers than big plays allowed for the texans? ...

... that's a lot of question marks heading into a game ... if enough of them can be answered in the jets favor we will come out on top ... if they can't the texans will ...

l_j_r

All good points. I think by week 4 the D will be good. Just takes game time experience. We'll win, but the Jets will begood down the road.

I remember him being the next big thing. Did he get hurt over the past year or something?

Welcome to the Bull Ring!
We will take a quote from your coach. Take out one of ours and we will take out two yours. Yes! we finally have the D to do it too!

Hi guys, huge Jet fan here. I've been referred by MojoMan on this board. Football season is finally here and I'm excited. Big game between the Jets and Texans as it will determine where both teams stand.

Two players that the Texans have that scare the hell out of me are none other than Andre Johnson and Steve Slaton. AJ is just a beast but if Revis can hold him to 60-80 yards that will be an accomplishment which I believe he can. The Jets run D has been fantastic and it looks like they'll be able to contain Slaton unless he breaks one to the house.

Texans D hasn't really impressed me in the preseason, then again it's the preseason. But I'm looking for the Texans to compete this year (10-6, 11-5 would not surprise me).

Texans have some young talent and it looks like they're on their way up in this league, just not against the Jets this Sunday :) . Flame on!

Welcome, 11-5 would be great! Im also looking forward to the game sunday, hopefully Mark Sanchez reminds everyone one what rookie quarterbacks are suposed to look like after that wonder year last year(for rookie QBs). He looked pretty solid in pre season, but ive never not forgotten a preseason.

Our Best CB(Robinson) and potential ALL PRO Linebacker(Cushing) didnt play in the preseason, Our D should be ok at worst.

I know y'all will build a stout D in NY im just hoping there are still some kinks to work out and some things for Mark to learn. As a long time Texan fan I never count a team out and NYJ is far from a team to look past.

Hi guys, huge Jet fan here. I've been referred by MojoMan on this board. Football season is finally here and I'm excited. Big game between the Jets and Texans as it will determine where both teams stand.

Two players that the Texans have that scare the hell out of me are none other than Andre Johnson and Steve Slaton. AJ is just a beast but if Revis can hold him to 60-80 yards that will be an accomplishment which I believe he can. The Jets run D has been fantastic and it looks like they'll be able to contain Slaton unless he breaks one to the house.

Texans D hasn't really impressed me in the preseason, then again it's the preseason. But I'm looking for the Texans to compete this year (10-6, 11-5 would not surprise me).

Texans have some young talent and it looks like they're on their way up in this league, just not against the Jets this Sunday :) . Flame on!

We respect your right...to be wrong. :lol: welcome aboard.

The only thing that the Jets are lacking are a WR and DL depth. Besides that, the Jets are stacked on both sides of the ball. Why do you think Sanchez will be pretty bad this week? Any reason?

Sanchez will do bad becuz he's over rated . The kid shows flashes of a decent back up. USC he was bad making bad decisions , to top it all off he has to see mario for alot longer than he would want to. Sorry dude sancheZ will be another bust

Sanchez will do bad becuz he's over rated . The kid shows flashes of a decent back up. USC he was bad making bad decisions , to top it all off he has to see mario for alot longer than he would want to. Sorry dude sancheZ will be another bust

Yes we've all heard it, Sanchez is waaaay over rated. Let me tell you that David Carr guy and this Matt Shaub guy are real pro bowlers :rolleyes:

What I hope for on Sunday is that there are no severe injuries for both teams. In the end I'm a football fan on Sundays enjoying EVERY game, and injuries ruin the game.

Yes we've all heard it, Sanchez is waaaay over rated. Let me tell you that David Carr guy and this Matt Shaub guy are real pro bowlers :rolleyes:

Meh, if Matt Schaub stays healthy he has a excellent chance to be a probowler, at the very least he'll have probowl type numbers.

Where would I put this thread for future reference. I'll start a new one after the game on Sunday. :dance2:

Dmitri,

The thread is in the right place. If you were a smack-talking rabble-rouser, then the thread would go in the "Rivalry Talk" sub-forum. But you are not, so this is where it goes.

Joe,

Would you please stop harassing this guy? Quite frankly, he has behaved himself here better than you generally do. And you are a Texans fan.

I respect Jets fan 100% because they are true blue win or loose they are pissed at their team.

great fans

Back