Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jets Win!! (yeah right)

Dimitri_0515

Practice Squad
Hi guys, huge Jet fan here. I've been referred by MojoMan on this board. Football season is finally here and I'm excited. Big game between the Jets and Texans as it will determine where both teams stand.

Two players that the Texans have that scare the hell out of me are none other than Andre Johnson and Steve Slaton. AJ is just a beast but if Revis can hold him to 60-80 yards that will be an accomplishment which I believe he can. The Jets run D has been fantastic and it looks like they'll be able to contain Slaton unless he breaks one to the house.

Texans D hasn't really impressed me in the preseason, then again it's the preseason. But I'm looking for the Texans to compete this year (10-6, 11-5 would not surprise me).

Texans have some young talent and it looks like they're on their way up in this league, just not against the Jets this Sunday :) . Flame on!

Hi guys, huge Jet fan here. I've been referred by MojoMan on this board. Football season is finally here and I'm excited. Big game between the Jets and Texans as it will determine where both teams stand.

Two players that the Texans have that scare the hell out of me are none other than Andre Johnson and Steve Slaton. AJ is just a beast but if Revis can hold him to 60-80 yards that will be an accomplishment which I believe he can. The Jets run D has been fantastic and it looks like they'll be able to contain Slaton unless he breaks one to the house.

Texans D hasn't really impressed me in the preseason, then again it's the preseason. But I'm looking for the Texans to compete this year (10-6, 11-5 would not surprise me).

Texans have some young talent and it looks like they're on their way up in this league, just not against the Jets this Sunday :) . Flame on!

How adorable, your first post.

I've got a couple problems here:

If you're a Jets fan what interest do you have posting on a Texans board other than to troll with thread titles like "Jets Win!!"

How will week 1 determine where these teams stand? Super Bowl winners lose in week 1 all the time.

And flame on? No. Just, no.

If you're a Jets fan what interest do you have posting on a Texans board other than to troll with thread titles like "Jets Win!!"

How will week 1 determine where these teams stand? Super Bowl winners lose in week 1 all the time.

Thanks for for being a good sport. I'll make sure I'll extend the same courtesy to your guy when he comes back to our site.

Dirty Sanchez gets a big time intro into NFL football by throwing 2 picks and taking 5 sacks.
Texans win 38-14

Most NFL fans are aware of what a beast AJ is, but few people realize how deep the Texans are at receiver. Kevin Walter is the perfect complimentary receiver to AJ. He's a willing blocker in the run game, a very good route runner, and he's faster than most people think. People often forget that Walter caught 8 TD passes last year (the same number as AJ). Behind him we have the other Andre (Andre Davis) who is a burner that stretches the field, and is also a dangerous return man. Then there is David Anderson who is the ideal slot receiver. Some compare him to Wes Welker, but I wouldn't go that far. He, too, is a willing blocker, and he has a knack for getting open. Then we get to Jacoby Jones who can be electrifying as a return man for both good and bad reasons. He has the ability to take it to the house, and he's also fumbled more than a few punts. He's got the size and speed you want in a receiver but last year he didn't show much in that area. He has seemed to mature more since last season, but whether or not that translates to the field is yet to be determined. However, he did have a fantastic showing against the Bucs in the final preseason game. Hopefully that is a sign of things to come.

You are correct in saying our D has been less than impressive. I think our offense can move the ball against anyone. However, I haven't a clue what we're going to see from our D. If I were to guess after our defensive performance during the preseason, I'd say Jones and Washington will both have a very good day at the office. We're likely starting 2 players who saw zero time during the preseason, so who knows?

That's why they play the games. :texans:

Dirty Sanchez gets a big time intro into NFL football by throwing 2 picks and taking 5 sacks.
Texans win 38-14

Ooof, a little harsh don't you think? I know, I know Sanchez is a rookie, and his receivers are pretty much pee wee level receivers. Will he go out there and light it up throwing 4 TD's? No absolutely not, but I do think he'll make good decisions throw a pick and maybe a TD that's good enough for me.

Like I said the Texans still scare me, they've upgraded tremendously and it will be a great game.

Thanks for for being a good sport. I'll make sure I'll extend the same courtesy to your guy when he comes back to our site.

Ah, don't mind him. He has come down from New York only recently and the good ole Texan hospitality hasn't had time to rub off the sharp edges yet.

Anyway, yer right. Jets win! Because they are playing the Texans. :gun:

You are correct in saying our D has been less than impressive. I think our offense can move the ball against anyone. However, I haven't a clue what we're going to see from our D. If I were to guess after our defensive performance during the preseason, I'd say Jones and Washington will both have a very good day at the office. We're likely starting 2 players who saw zero time during the preseason, so who knows?

That's why they play the games. :texans:

Don't get me wrong they have a few playmakers on D, Mario Williams will kill someone, Cushing looks promising and if Dunta Robinson had made training camp they would be better. I haven't really seen anything out Okoye though.

Ah, don't mind him. He has come down from New York only recently and the good ole Texan hospitality hasn't had time to rub off the sharp edges yet.

Anyway, yer right. Jets win! Because they are playing the Texans. :gun:

LOL, it will be a tough game for both teams, after this game I will be rooting for the Texans though.

Predicting the Texans is like predicting the weather. It's only done because people feel the need and it's wrong a lot.

I say the Texans will win their home opener only because I don't want to be on this board next week if they don't. There's no telling what kind of "Fire <insert name here>" threads will pop up if they lose. LOL

Don't get me wrong they have a few playmakers on D, Mario Williams will kill someone, Cushing looks promising and if Dunta Robinson had made training camp they would be better. I haven't really seen anything out Okoye though.

Well, that might be because he hasn't done anything. Believe me when I say, he's been one of the most talked about players on the board for the past month.....not in a good way. He's probably the primary reason we have seen a subpar performance against the run this preseason.

Well, that might be because he hasn't done anything. Believe me when I say, he's been one of the most talked about players on the board for the past month.....not in a good way. He's probably the primary reason we have seen a subpar performance against the run this preseason.

I remember him being the next big thing. Did he get hurt over the past year or something?

Welcome to the board. You seem friendly enough and m5kwatts did take it a bit too offensively but next time, try another thread title. Rep for not being a douche like some of the other fans of other teams on this board.

Welcome to board. Nothing wrong with supporting your team, even if your conclusion is incorrect.

I remember him being the next big thing. Did he get hurt over the past year or something?

Welcome aboard.

There's a bunch of talk about why Amobi has declined. He started off strong in his rookie season but last year, he was just invisible. He gets pushed off the line of scrimmage a lot. People have said he was injured. But he's looking the same way now.

Welcome aboard dimitiri. Someone must have put a bur in the saddle of mk5watts. I think you will find that most of the fans here are rabid NFL types, and especially rabid for the Texans. Most are very well versed and while you might get a bit of trash talking, this isn't your normal jr high schoolyard talk. Baisically, you will get as good as you give.

I did want to tell you though that your prediction is wrong. At least according to one "expert" you're little team is starting 0-5. So put that in your pipe and smoke it! :turtle:

Jet's to start 0-5

2. The New York Jets will start the season 0-5.

What's that? Someone in the media speaking somewhat negatively about Rex Ryan's boys? No flipping way, that's impossible!

Listen, I understand that coach Ryan's personality and media accessibility is a welcome change from the silent treatment Eric Mangini gave New York-area scribes for the past three years, but that doesn't mean everyone needs to trick themselves into thinking this team can survive a brutal September schedule with a rookie quarterback manning the ship.

They won't.

A Week 1 nationally-televised trip to Houston will be anything but a walk in the park, back-to-back home games versus the Patriots and Titans are almost automatic losses and road games in New Orleans and Miami in Weeks 4 and 5 will more than likely feature the Jets as underdogs as well.

Jets fans, I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, here. Really, I'm not. I'm just being a realist.

Your local media's let you down, awed and dazzled by a head coach that looks them in the eye during press conferences and gives them the occasional juicy quote. That might make for good copy. But it doesn't guarantee a good start to what will be nothing short of a gauntlet to start the season.

0-5? For a team that everyone's seemingly really high on in 2009?

Yes, I think so.

Predicting the Texans is like predicting the weather. It's only done because people feel the need and it's wrong a lot.

I say the Texans will win their home opener only because I don't want to be on this board next week if they don't. There's no telling what kind of "Fire <insert name here>" threads will pop up if they lose. LOL

hehehehehehe gasp uh-uh

:)

Yep... pretty much. :shades:

The things that worry me most about this game (from the Texans perspective) are Matt Schaub's ankle (mobility) and our run defense. If we can't get off the field and the Jets can sustain a couple of long drives on us in the first half then we may find ourselves down and throwing the ball too much. Enter the Jets pass rush and our possibly already gimpy QB. Tragedy ensues (for us).

It is incredibly important for us that Steve Slaton and Chris Brown be able to run the football. It has to happen. If it doesn't happen then all bets are off.

If we can manage a credible running game then I do not believe that you (Jets) will steal this game. If you get in a position where you can tee off on Schaub though that's a problem.

I'm also concerned about Robinson and Cushing. No preseason games between them and one of them is a rookie. I can't bring myself to believe that at least one of them (more likely both) will make a mistake or two that costs us on the scoreboard.

In a world where Amobi Okoye or Travis Johnson (now gone) were who they were supposed to be, Steve Slaton is the real deal, and Matt Schaub is completely healthy (and not a threat to hurt himself while getting a cup of gatorade) then I don't have any concerns about your team. New defense (always requires an adjustment period), rookie QB (always requires an adjustment period), and on the road makes for an 0-1 start for the visitors.

Unfortunately I don't live in that world. In my world Okoye (and really our entire defense) hasn't had much luck stopping determined running backs, Steve Slaton is a question mark until he proves that 2008 wasn't a fluke, and Matt is nicked up before the real games even start.

We win but it's much closer than I'd like it to be. I think every rookie QB in football had his first "I think he might be a future HOF QB" game against us. Here's to hoping Sanchez isn't the next in line.

When the Texans played in the Raider Nation in 2007, this guy was a little confused.

11-04-07_1339.jpg

Not only was he wearing a Namath jersey, but he was yelling at people to sit down.

Don't get me wrong they have a few playmakers on D, Mario Williams will kill someone, Cushing looks promising and if Dunta Robinson had made training camp they would be better.

Add Demeco Ryans to that list. :cool:

I haven't really seen anything out Okoye though.

Welcome to the club. He was last seen his rookie season, since then there has been an APB out on him. If you have any information leading to his whereabouts there maybe a reward. ;)

Welcome aboard BTW. I hope both teams play well, boring football games suck. In the end however, I foresee a Texans victory. :texflag:

I'm not trying to be difficult and push people off this board just because they like a different team, you just have to wonder a bit. I have recurring memories of that Saints d-bag on here recently running his mouth after the preseason game.

mk5watts is an ok guy. I wont let his post represent me as a member of this board who's dying for real football talk. I want to know about the New York Jets right now. I love that about football season and message boards. I'm a Texans fan and welcome you to this board. Thanks for your post. Most of you all have been fairly gracious to us. Even at your home boards. Anyway. Back to football. Everyone keeps refering to our home record as a contributing factor of us gaining an advantage. Ok. Fair enough. I come from Austin. Twice this preseason, i trickled off back home without a win. Things seem pretty gloomy to me right now. I saw Kubiack make yet another boneheaded challenge early in the Tampa Bay game. That's two more strikes against us right now. I think we're going to lose this one. I haven't really liked much of what i saw this preseason. I thought i saw too many reoccuring things that also downed us last season. Same old song with a few improvements. Until we start winning... I give this one to the Jets.

What in the world?

I have been out and around, braving the wilds of New York Jets dominated territory, trying to cultivate foreign relations in a friendly and diplomatic manner that I hope has represented this board and Houston Texans fans well.

Low and behold, I stop in to discover that one of my new found acquaintences has been kind enough to drop in and pay us a visit, and what do I find but this post by you. This post was offensive and uncalled for. There was nothing in Dimitri's post that warranted that kind of treatment. And as you can see from his additional posts, he is primarily interested in talking football, although he does bring a bias in favor of the New York Jets that is a bit unusual to see around these parts.

Dimitri, I am embarrassed that your first impression on the TexansTalk board would be anything like this. Fortunately, as you have seen for yourself, most of the other posters here do not act this way, but are generally pleasant and hospitable people. That is unless you check into our "No Spin Zone" forum, in which case all bets are off.

As you can see, we have here in M5Kwatts our own poster here who acts like your guy, OJCivilLiability. I guess there is one in every crowd.

Your post was disgraceful, M5kwatts. You have behaved abominably towards our guest and you should be ashamed of yourself.

What in the world?

I have been out and around, braving the wilds of New York Jets dominated territory, trying to cultivate foreign relations in a friendly and diplomatic manner that I hope has represented this board and Houston Texans fans well.

Low and behold, I stop in to discover that one of my new found acquaintences has been kind enough to drop in and pay us a visit, and what do I find but this post by you. This post was offensive and uncalled for. There was nothing in Dimitri's post that warranted that kind of treatment. And as you can see from his additional posts, he is primarily interested in talking football, although he does bring a bias in favor of the New York Jets that is a bit unusual to see around these parts.

Dimitri, I am embarrassed that your first impression on the TexansTalk board would be anything like this. Fortunately, as you have seen for yourself, most of the other posters here do not act this way, but are generally pleasant and hospitable people. That is unless you check into our "No Spin Zone" forum, in which case all bets are off.

As you can see, we have here in M5Kwatts our own poster here who acts like your guy, OJCivilLiability. I guess there is one in every crowd.

Your post was disgraceful, M5kwatts. You have behaved abominably towards our guest and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Apparently dropped the sense of humor off in the wilds of New York's internet.

The title of this thread should be different being that it was posted in a Texanstalk forum but the post is fine.

What in the world?

Lol Mojo, how are people treating you on our end? I was supposed to travel to the game this Sunday, but plans got ruined. Next time we're in town let's grab a cold one.

Of course we did and of course you should. Honestly, I think, like you mentioned, we've improved a great deal since last year while on the other hand, your team went down a notch in terms of talent and experiences from both players and coaches.

I think the Texans are going to take this and it won't even be close. Sanchez is going to look pretty bad this week and the Jets fans, as fickle as we all know they are, are going to go all ballistic and will be calling for his head. Me thinks 2 int and acouple of sack on him.. maybe 1 td in garbage time.

Also, just curious, if you really think the Texans have improved "tremendously", why on God's green earth do you think the Jets are going to win on Sunday. Like I said, in my opinion and apparently your's, The Texans improved alot since last year where as, imo, your team have gone backward.

The only thing that the Jets are lacking are a WR and DL depth. Besides that, the Jets are stacked on both sides of the ball. Why do you think Sanchez will be pretty bad this week? Any reason?

Welcome to the board. The bolded part and your thread title are your only delusions so far, but I'll chalk it up to homerism :)

I dunno. Jets will have two D players that are going to be suspended for the game and unless Gholston finally shows up we might get a bit of a break on the pass rush.

It's going to be important to get the running game going early and often, then have that set up the play action. I like Revis and he's talented but, I think it'll be hard to contain AJ this year period. I think we'll move the ball well but, unlike last year we need to punch it in the endzone instead of settling for FGs. I hope that Brown can provide a physical run presence to offset Slaton's speed.

If OD is going to prove he's an upper tier TE, he needs to become a go to guy in the redzone.

Defensively, I'm tired of rookie or backups looking like Joe Montana against the defense. IF this defense wants to take a step forward it needs to make a statement against Sanchez.

IMO key match ups:

Revis vs AJ - I am hoping this year Shannahan can get creative in putting Johnson in motion and trying to get him mismatches.

Mario vs Ferguson- a few of us here wouldn't have minded trading down to get the guy in the '06 draft. Haven't heard him turning into someone elite but, haven't heard him compared to Robert Gallery either. Can they move Mario around on sides to get mismatches as well.

Sanchez vs New Frank Bush D - Rookie QB with an decent WR corps, not spectacular but solid. Like I said earlier if this D wants to step forward it NEEDS to make him look like a rookie who started what 16 college games?

Keller vs our Lbers - I like Diles as a run stopper but he worries me in the passing game. We need a healthy Cushing to negate some of the tougher TEs we face. I'm tired of getting gashed between the hashes by TEs.

I think it'll be a tough game with the Texans pulling away in the end with some Big plays by AJ. 24-10

I dunno. Jets will have two D players that are going to be suspended for the game and unless Gholston finally shows up we might get a bit of a break on the pass rush.

It's going to be important to get the running game going early and often, then have that set up the play action. I like Revis and he's talented but, I think it'll be hard to contain AJ this year period. I think we'll move the ball well but, unlike last year we need to punch it in the endzone instead of settling for FGs. I hope that Brown can provide a physical run presence to offset Slaton's speed.

If OD is going to prove he's an upper tier TE, he needs to become a go to guy in the redzone.

Defensively, I'm tired of rookie or backups looking like Joe Montana against the defense. IF this defense wants to take a step forward it needs to make a statement against Sanchez.

IMO key match ups:

Revis vs AJ - I am hoping this year Shannahan can get creative in putting Johnson in motion and trying to get him mismatches.

Mario vs Ferguson- a few of us here wouldn't have minded trading down to get the guy in the '06 draft. Haven't heard him turning into someone elite but, haven't heard him compared to Robert Gallery either. Can they move Mario around on sides to get mismatches as well.

Sanchez vs New Frank Bush D - Rookie QB with an decent WR corps, not spectacular but solid. Like I said earlier if this D wants to step forward it NEEDS to make him look like a rookie who started what 16 college games?

Keller vs our Lbers - I like Diles as a run stopper but he worries me in the passing game. We need a healthy Cushing to negate some of the tougher TEs we face. I'm tired of getting gashed between the hashes by TEs.

I think it'll be a tough game with the Texans pulling away in the end with some Big plays by AJ. 24-10

Who is this Gholston guy you are talking about? And what decent receivers are you looking at? :mcnugget:

There's no telling what kind of "Fire <insert name here>" threads will pop up if they lose. LOL

<Insert Name> is getting a lot of unfair criticism in my mind, sure, his pre-season performances haven't been that impressive for an <Insert Round> pick, but you've got to give the guy a chance. It'll be interesting to compare people's opinions after our <Insert Prediction> record this season.

Who is this Gholston guy you are talking about? And what decent receivers are you looking at? :mcnugget:

I think his first name started with a V? Might have been sighted with one Amobi Okoye.

Cotchery isn't a #1 but he's a decent #2, what's the status on Stuckey and Clowney?

I think his first name started with a V? Might have been sighted with one Amobi Okoye.

Cotchery isn't a #1 but he's a decent #2, what's the status on Stuckey and Clowney?

Clowney can stretch the field and that's about it. He is inconsistent, drops passes. One thing I can say is that if there was a Hall of Fame for preseason he would be in it. Stuckey will never be more than a slot receiver.

Over at jetsinsider.com, Clowney is regarded by some posters as the potential savior of the Jets team this Sunday. The impression I have received from certain posters is that Clowney is faster than Usain Bolt running with a gail-force tailwind behind him. From what I have gathered, a number of Jets fans expect Clowney to score at least one long touchdown going over the top, and maybe more.

However, here is his NFL resume:

David Clowney

CAREER HIGHLIGHTS

&#9674; Active for two games in 2008, vs. BUF, 12/14 and at SEA, 12/21, logging one reception for 26 yards and one special teams tackle.

&#9674; Recorded his first NFL reception in his first NFL game, vs. BUF, 12/14, a 26-yard, one-handed catch from Brett Favre.

&#9674; Led Jets in 2008 preseason with 222 yards on eight receptions before injuring his shoulder vs. WAS, 8/16/08... Caught touchdowns of 71 yards and 70 yards from Brett Ratliff in preseason opener at CLE, 8/7/08.

CAREER TRANSACTIONS

&#9674; 12/10/07, NYJ, IR/Practice squad

&#9674; 10/25/07, NYJ, Signed, Practice squad

&#9674; 10/24/07, NYJ, Waived

&#9674; 10/3/07, NYJ, Signed, from GB Practice squad

&#9674; 9/3/07, GB, Signed, Practice squad

&#9674; 9/1/07, GB, Waived

&#9674; 4/29/07, GB, D5 (157)

Feel free to judge for yourself.

Over at jetsinsider.com, Clowney is regarded by some posters as the potential savior of the Jets team this Sunday. The impression I have received from certain posters is that Clowney is faster than Usain Bolt running with a gail-force tailwind behind him. From what I have gathered, a number of Jets fans expect Clowney to score at least one long touchdown going over the top, and maybe more.
Well, knowing our safeties... :tomato:

Lol Mojo, how are people treating you on our end? I was supposed to travel to the game this Sunday, but plans got ruined. Next time we're in town let's grab a cold one.

I have generally been treated well at jetsinsider, although OJ and one other guy did get a bit horsey with me, as I believe you are aware. Other than that, I have enjoyed spending time with you guys a great deal. Despite your gruff insistence to the contrary, on a personal basis, you guys are mostly a bunch of very friendly, lovable pussycats. This is not what I expected from New York football fans at all.

By all means, send me a PM next time you are coming into town. It would be great to meet you.

That is if you still want to after Sunday....

I have generally been treated well at jetsinsider, although OJ and one other guy did get a bit horsey with me, as I believe you are aware. Other than that, I have enjoyed spending time with you guys a great deal. Despite your gruff insistence to the contrary, on a personal basis, you guys are mostly a bunch of very friendly, lovable pussycats. This is not what I expected from New York football fans at all.

By all means, send me a PM next time you are coming into town. It would be great to meet you.

That is if you still want to after Sunday....

They are mostly good guys, we get together at games and tailgate few times a year.

Back