Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Jets vs Bengals

Prepare for dubious injury reports in the Belicheck style if you institute that rule.

There is literally no reason to look into this as it is not an "issue". You win your games, you don't have to worry about other teams "laying down".

I fully agree that missing the playoffs is the Texans fault and not the leagues or Bengals...I even said in an earlier post....just imagine if we had beat the jets in week 1.

It doesn't help however when their is not even legit competition going on late in the season.

C'mon dude, let me be pissed that we are missing the playoffs...;)

I fully agree that missing the playoffs is the Texans fault and not the leagues or Bengals...I even said in an earlier post....just imagine if we had beat the jets in week 1.

It doesn't help however when their is not even legit competition going on late in the season.

C'mon dude, let me be pissed that we are missing the playoffs...;)

Lol. I like that.

so if we locked up a playoff spot would you want all of our starting players out there? i would certainly hope not....

Being a fan of a team Matt Schaub QB's for I can say with no uncertaintly HELL NO HE WOULDN'T START.

that first game vs the jets was, in my opinion, the only game that we never had a shot to win .. it was the FIRST game of the season. so we went 16 straight weeks of completive football which ended in our first winning record, and a legitimate shot at the playoffs. let me be a little pissed off that the bengals, whom we laid the smackdown on, is laying down to a team that really doesn't deserve to be in the situation as much as we dont.

You know what?

I have nothing against the Jets.

Yes, they were very fortunate -- dare I say "lucky" -- that after being 7-7 and almost dead, they had two playoff-bound teams that decided not to show up. The Jets did show up and they won.

I don't blame the Jets. They did what they were supposed to do -- try to win every game.

But the Colts and Bengals? Screw you for not caring and for rolling over. Bengals? I hope the Jets kick your asses next week. And if the Colts got the Jets in the following week, I hope the Jets beat you, too.

Hell, at this point I almost hope the Jets win the entire damn AFC and go to the Super Bowl just to screw the teams that let them into the playoffs.

You know what?

I have nothing against the Jets.

Yes, they were very fortunate -- dare I say "lucky" -- that after being 7-7 and almost dead, they had two playoff-bound teams that decided not to show up. The Jets did show up and they won.

I don't blame the Jets. They did what they were supposed to do -- try to win every game.

But the Colts and Bengals? Screw you for not caring and for rolling over. Bengals? I hope the Jets kick your asses next week. And if the Colts got the Jets in the following week, I hope the Jets beat you, too.

Hell, at this point I almost hope the Jets win the entire damn AFC and go to the Super Bowl just to screw the teams that let them into the playoffs.

It's understandable to be pissed because it looks like the Jets were given a playoff berth on a silver platter (They were, well the Bengals looked like they were trying but, it's the Bengals), but in all honesty if the Texans were locked into a playoff berth 3 weeks ago, I would not want to see Schaub in the game AT ALL.

Therefore, I cannot be mad at the Colts for doing what they did.

I just wish the Colts would've played their starters thru 3 against the Jets. I know we should have beaten the Jets in wk. 1, but we had so may opportunities, the Jags games, the Tenn game, AZ, the Indy games and so on. We can only blame ourselves. I'm going to do my best and look at the bright side (ugh) a winning record. I say it doesn't mean much, but it's a step. As much as people get p*ssed at Kubiak, and I have too, we're too CLOSE to make a change. Too bad Charlie Frye got hurt, I think they may have pulled it out against Baltimore. At least we fought until the end today, I was proud to see that. When we were down 14 I thought we were done.

It's understandable to be pissed because it looks like the Jets were given a playoff berth on a silver platter (They were, well the Bengals looked like they were trying but, it's the Bengals), but in all honesty if the Texans were locked into a playoff berth 3 weeks ago, I would not want to see Schaub in the game AT ALL.

Therefore, I cannot be mad at the Colts for doing what they did.
Oh, it's understandable. But I hope they pay the price for it.

I hope the bengals get a beat down in the playoffs.......

then I hope the colts, cowboys, jets.........Lose, oh and the pats, and new orleans......heck I want everyone to lose in the playoffs.........

Matt Schaub on the phone in just a bit........

qft !!!

The Bengals THINK they want the jets for the playoffs, but the way this game is turning out, I'm not so sure they aren't rethinking that decision. That is unless their intentions were to bait the jets into putting a lot on film...

Nice interview by Matt. Glad they gave him his credit and it is nice hearing our team being mentioned for good things. I know it's over, but it was nice hearing our team mentioned in the playoff hunt all night. Made me proud. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come for the next few decades. I really do feel that we are on the brink of something big and we are definatley being built the right way.

so depressed......

going back to work tomorrow.....

one game from the playoffs and no postseason yet AGAIN............

I want to go 14-2 next year and win the superbowl..............:pop:

This game sucks, no doubt. And I'm NOT an eternal optomist.

But we came from 14 back to beat the Patriots and get a winning record in the last game of the season.

I'm disappointed, but we won more than we lost.
Hell, after today, got to reup again next year...

Some would call "Last to be eliminated from the playoffs" first loser. I call it pretty damn close.Gotta be thinking next year...
Every Game Counts, Every time...

The bengals are getting murdered and they will get murdered again next week again against the jets. The same team that beat us opening the season cost us a shot at the playoffs and oh yes chris brown blowing at least two close games this season. Now it's time to prepare for the nfl draft to find out who will be our new franchise running back!!!!!

Cincy embarassed themselves tonight. Bad thing is, it appeared they were trying the first 1/2 of ball and they could not get ANYTHING done at all. I don't think they have a chance in the playoffs this year. The Jets beating Indy and then this, they may have the mental advantage to make a push deep into the later rounds. It doesn't matter how they got in, they have the momentum in their direction right now. Cincy better watch out next week.

240 yards of rushing so far tonight for the Jets......ouch! :jogger:

Cincy embarassed themselves tonight. Bad thing is, it appeared they were trying the first 1/2 of ball and they could not get ANYTHING done at all. I don't think they have a chance in the playoffs this year. The Jets beating Indy and then this, they may have the mental advantage to make a push deep into the later rounds. It doesn't matter how they got in, they have the momentum in their direction right now. Cincy better watch out next week.

240 yards of rushing so far tonight for the Jets......ouch! :jogger:

cinci is done in the postseason.........

let the draft talk begin!!! j/k but for reals this was one heck of a ride today i could get used to these late season games with more at stake than draft position!
i know this has been the rallying cry of this fanbase for years now but........
i cant wait for next year!!!

Wow the Bengals were awful....

But a winning season is a great start, now if we could only beat someone in our own division.

After the way they laid down last night, I hope the bengals get destroyed next week. And this isn't thru the eyes of a Texans fan (I think you take care of your own business and do not expect help from other teams), but thru the eyes of a football fan. Pathetic display. Same goes for the Eagles, except that I can never allow myself to pull for the Cowboys.

this really sucks, i was rooting hard for the Bengals last night. would've loved to see the Texans in the playoffs.

Back