Thanks for your support!

JaDeveon Clowney

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
LOL, Cant debate the facts, divert and change the topic. Classic Psychology. I am about all things. I just want a winning team on the field like we all do and don't think it's wrong to question the team management or their motives. In fact if fans don't do this I doubt much will truly change. I could turn the question you asked me back on you but I wont.
My only beef with your last statement is that the fans who go to the games, or watch the games, to be entertained aren't "real fans"

It takes all kinds, but there's nothing wrong with being entertained even if we lose. I've been a season ticket holder since 2006. I haven't been to every game since, but of all the games I've been to, it's rare that I'm not thoroughly entertained till the final minutes.

If we're getting blown out, that's not entertaining. If we go into the second half with a 13 point lead & Keenum as our QB... not very entertaining.

I don't agree with everything the front office does, but overall there's been good football being played by them boys on Kirby, since 2006.

Marshall

Not pretty, but ALIVE!
The only stat that matters is W-L.

Of course some would say the gameday experience is what counts, but they aren't true football fans and that's who the McNair's are marketing too.
And those who cannot see how other stats affect "the only stat that matters" are not likely stat literate.

Texian

Hall of Fame
why do you continue to torment yourself over a team you've come to hate so much?
One could argue that those fans who criticize the Texans and find many faults with the football operations are the more caring and concerned fans. The difference is they're simply tired of constantly spending time and money on a team that can't seem to get it right. Whether it be poor salary cap management or inadequate drafts year after year, they're just more exhausted from all the losing than those fans who mindlessly want to continue down the same losing path, year after year, making excuse after excuse with their, "we'll get them next year mentality."

Texian

Hall of Fame
I just want a winning team on the field like we all do and don't think it's wrong to question the team management or their motives. In fact if fans don't do this I doubt much will truly change.
Nailed it! ....... There lies the rub.....a majority of fans think the McNairs are getting it right despite an over whelming record of them getting it wrong.

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
One could argue that those fans who criticize the Texans and find many faults with the football operations are the more caring and concerned fans. The difference is they're simply tired of constantly spending time and money on a team that can't seem to get it right. Whether it be poor salary cap management or inadequate drafts year after year, they're just more exhausted from all the losing than those fans who mindlessly want to continue down the same losing path, year after year, making excuse after excuse with their, "we'll get them next year mentality."
Well, if that's your argument, why are you continuing to pour your money and time down the rathole, assuming of course that your not dumb enough to think that whatever you say here is really going to change anything?

If you really were all that "tired" and "exhausted", you'd have moved on to something else a long time ago.

Texanmike02

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
The only stat that matters is W-L.

Of course some would say the gameday experience is what counts, but they aren't true football fans and that's who the McNair's are marketing too.
Just out of curiosity, is that the only stat that matters? Are they really even an indicator of how good a team is?

I mean even if we assume that there are a few teams every year that are heads and shoulders above the rest of the league, turnover difference probably decides the rest of the records in the league. Isn't it pretty well established that they are kind of lucky?

I just did a quick overview and over the last 10 years teams move an average of 10 places in the turnover rankings every year and what's even more odd is that only one team (the Bears) rank better than 10 on average. A couple of teams are close, but 22 teams average worse than 14. Not saying W/L don't matter but I think that in the course of any one season you can win or lose enough games by pure luck that looking at it on nothing but W/L is a reflection of chance as much as quality.

Mike

Marshall

Not pretty, but ALIVE!
We/'re not CLEVELAND. We have won all but one season out of the last four or five.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Well, if that's your argument, why are you continuing to pour your money and time down the rathole, assuming of course that your not dumb enough to think that whatever you say here is really going to change anything?

If you really were all that "tired" and "exhausted", you'd have moved on to something else a long time ago.
Get over it. Try some tolerance. There are hundreds more fan types than your single minded perception.

We/'re not CLEVELAND. We have won all but one season out of the last four or five.
Thanks to Peyton's injury and moving on to Denver, Jeff Fisher moving on to St. Louis and playing easier schedules. If that floats your boat and makes you happy then good for you.

sandman

Brexit Advisor
Thanks to Peyton's injury and moving on to Denver, Jeff Fisher moving on to St. Louis and playing easier schedules. If that floats your boat and makes you happy then good for you.
Uh, the Texans are 2-6 against the Colts since Manning left. Fisher left the Titans after the 2010 season, but they hadn't won a playoff game since 2003. Not sure either point makes your argument.

Brandon420tx

Flounder
Yeah, if the Texans had bad cap management and poor drafts I'd be as ornery as Texian. Good thing I think they've done a pretty good job with the cap in recent years and I've liked the last few drafts.

I remember the Capers era having major cap issues as well as part of the Kubiak era. Not blowing half your cap on the QB helps I guess.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
We've got a winning record over the last four years.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Get over it. Try some tolerance. There are hundreds more fan types than your single minded perception.
Spoken as a "more caring and concerned fan"?... :kitten:

Perhaps some of us realize that this is ONLY entertainment.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
I got half a mind to just start that thread, if for no other reason than to see how long it takes to get shut it down. LOL
It won't do any good. The Texans Suck birds who leave their droppings in every thread no matter how off topic will just keep on doing so. You're just making the chicken coop bigger.

And the mods don't want to spend a lifetime deleting their droppings and even if we did then they'd just whine about having their butts corked in every thread.

DBCooper

Outlaw
Contributor's Club
It won't do any good. The Texans Suck birds who leave their droppings in every thread no matter how off topic will just keep on doing so. You're just making the chicken coop bigger.

And the mods don't want to spend a lifetime deleting their droppings and even if we did then they'd just whine about having their butts corked in every thread.
You're a meanie!

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

An unmoderated Texans suck thread... don't sound like a bad idea.

PapaL

Loose Screw
So now they get a theoretical romper room they'll never use? You don't get it. They don't want their own parade. They just want to **** on everyone else's. Hell one of them is a Colts fan.
And the other is the greatest sofa GM and scout ever. Just look at the scoreboard!

:spin:

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
So now they get a theoretical romper room they'll never use? You don't get it. They don't want their own parade. They just want to **** on everyone else's. Hell one of them is a Colts fan.
Unfortunately, you're right. I guess they know they'd be there all alone and that just would not do. Evangelists hate not having a congregation.

DBCooper

Outlaw
Contributor's Club

Unfortunately, you're right. I guess they know they'd be there all alone and that just would not do. Evangelists hate not having a congregation.
They need fish to troll properly.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Yeah, but they're fun to play with. Especially when they think they are trolling you but in actuality you are controlling the thread. You can roll the post, make it seem not to bad. You can change the focus to a soft post or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and try to control all that you see and type. You are about to experience the awe and mastery with which trolls reach your outer limits of patience.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Yeah, but they're fun to play with. Especially when they think they are trolling you but in actuality you are controlling the thread. You can roll the post, make it seem not to bad. You can change the focus to a soft post or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and try to control all that you see and type. You are about to experience the awe and mastery with which trolls reach your outer limits of patience.

DBCooper

Outlaw
Contributor's Club
Man, sometimes I wish I could still.....ummmm partake!

Texian

Hall of Fame
Do you know how easy it is for me to yank your chain from any where on Planet Earth? :)

Texian

Hall of Fame
I really don't think you understood what I didn't say. Your point is meaningless.
And clearly you didn't understand my mine. Do you know how little effort is required to stir the mental midgets of the message board in to a frenzy? (see what I did there?)

Last edited:

Honoring Earl 34

Something Witty !
I really don't think you understood what I didn't say. Your point is meaningless.
Thorn All right. Where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.

Texian But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Thorn You've made your decision then?

Tex Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.

Thorn
Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Thorn All right. Where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.

Texian But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Tex Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.

Thorn
This is a dizzying post.

Sort of along the lines of the Texans are a poorly run org.

No their not.

What's their record?

They made the playoffs 2 in 12 yrs.

Yeah when Manning missed a yr and Luck was a rookie.

But you're right about one thing, if the Texans org doesn't care about the on field product, why should the fans. Especially when they get to go out to NRG and cook some BBQ (Hopefully Wilfork can join them) and drink beer until just before they pass out then attempt to make the long trek home without killing anybody. That's what's most important, the gameday experience.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

Thorn

MSR

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Can we just get rid of this guy for a 2nd round pick already? Would he even be worth that? Probably not. Worst pick Texans history.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

Thorn
for those of you who haven't seen the movie perhaps this will help

[imgwidthsize=400]http://siriusbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/princess-bride-300x169.jpg[/IMG][imgwidthsize=400]http://static.tumblr.com/tahwryk/n1Am91i18/the-princess-bride-the-princess-bride-4546129-1280-720.jpg[/IMG]

Texian is the smug one in green and Thorn is the man in black (an anti-hero at this point in the movie)

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
Alright, that's enough. Cak, as the OP, I'm requesting that you lock this thread. I think you know why.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
for those of you who haven't seen the movie perhaps this will help

[imgwidthsize=400]http://siriusbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/princess-bride-300x169.jpg[/IMG][imgwidthsize=400]http://static.tumblr.com/tahwryk/n1Am91i18/the-princess-bride-the-princess-bride-4546129-1280-720.jpg[/IMG]

Texian is the smug one in green and Thorn is the man in black (an anti-hero at this point in the movie)
:spit: Goodness gracious.

Status
Not open for further replies.