Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Jacoby's Gotta Go/**UPDATE**Released

Sorry but I can't approve of all this hate. People actually want to hurt him. I feel bad for the kid. He shouldn't fear for his life just because he tried. He just... didn't work out so let's just cut him and move forward.

As for placing blame SQUARELY on JJ... The Texans are known for trotting out Slaton at KR repeatedly, sticking with Brown, and tallying up an infinite number of blocks in the back. This is a coaching issue.

I wish we would fire Joe Marciano and have felt that way since he couldn't solve the new NFL rules regarding the wedge.

Agreed, our special teams haven't been truly worth a damn since the days of
Jerome Mathis. I would like to see some degree of focus on our special teams this offseason.

i hope all the bad things in life happen to jacoby jones and nobody else but him

And we'd save the team from his ****ty ass, detrimental presence.

Cut him as soon as you can. Leave him in Baltimore, tied up without any money or cell phone for all I care. He deserves it. I don't know if I've ever seen any one player have a worse game for the Texans. And that includes Carr.

Hope I never see him in the NFL again. His presence infuriates me.

:kubepalm: God I hate Jones

Me too. I can't believe we payed that fool and let our Pro Bowl FB go to the team that just knocked us out of the playoffs. That was an exceptionally bad decision.

Unless this dumbanimal pulls me out oh a burning building I'll never forgive his saorry a$$. And if he did pull me out he'd probably drop me down a flight of stairs. Go away forever you effing bum.
Want more?

I understand that the numbers add up (JJ's mistake cost us 7, we lost by 7) but I don't think for a minute that his mistake cost us the game. I think it was one in a long list of reasons why he shouldn't be here anymore. It's more akin to the straw that broke the camels back.

The guy has been screwing up regularly for years and making a play every now and then to keep from getting run off. Nobody would be piling on if the Texans had gotten rid of him when they needed to.

The end result is that this year he made three more starts than last season and managed to catch 20 fewer passes. When AJ went down he was exactly as useless as I expected him to be. Now, in what was clearly the biggest game of his career and in the Texans decade of existence he not only doesn't catch a single pass proving yet again that calling him a "wide receiver" is like some sort of colossal joke but he can't even reliably handle punt return duties. That was supposed to be the saving grace of keeping this guy on the roster. His "dangerous return game" can't be discounted right?

Right.

And hate too.

I don't hate the guy. I just hate his game. I think he is a fool because he does things like injure himself trying to show off and that stupid little "I'm so bad, look at me" walk he like to do on the rare occasions that he does something good.

Having him instead of a real WR to compliment AJ cost us dearly this season.

But I don't hate Jacoby. Jacoby didn't give himself way too much money or keep penciling himself into a roster spot that he wasn't worthy of. Just like David Carr didn't pick himself 1st overall (and I don't hate him for that) Jacoby didn't put himself in this position deep in over his head.

The Texans did that. Today the Texans paid for that. I say "The Texans" because I don't know if it's a Gary thing, a Rick thing, or what. I just know someone there keeps seeing something in Jacoby Jones that doesn't exist.

i'm not going to go as overboard to be hateful, but i agree with the title ... and in that regard i was wrong. i missed with slaton as a homerun hitter, and now again with jacoby. funny enough that i typically hate that type of all or nothing player, but i supported and defended the resigning of jacoby. now that the season is over ... i am comfortable calling him a waste of money.

i thought that he would grow by getting into his second contract. i thought he would age during the lockout. kubiak set the tone and made him an example on a few occasions. jones has had time to figure it out and the authority figures in place to hammer it home. he has his momma in the stands (and likely here too), but he just cant get his head on straight. lazy, undisciplined, unfocused ... it's just not going to happen.

i was wrong. we need to replace one player more than any other next season, and it's jacoby at both receiver and returner.

Want more?

He's a bum. My post and feelings were clear. No threats no ill will wished. He's a bum and I hope he never catches another pass or fields another punt for this team. Which isn't much of a stretch since there's a good chance he wouldn't do either even if he remained a Texan with his lobster claw hands. He Sux if you don't like it I don't know what to tell you. I won't change my feelings about this guy. This isn't the fun fair football league.

Jacoby suffers from an addiction to alcohol, and is also known to smoke weed...I suspected he was on something today, because not only was his coordination off, but also his judgment--or lack there of...Partied too hard or maybe he was feeling a lot of pressure and he tried to take that "edge" off?

I don't know, but I suspect that his substance abuse issues are what's keeping him from being a decent and consistent contributor. I too think it's time we go our separate ways.

heck of a first post, and not one anybody's going to believe. any reason we should even give this post a second thought?

i'm leaning towards a quick ban, but want to hear the response.

Jacoby suffers from an addiction to alcohol, and is also known to smoke weed...I suspected he was on something today, because not only was his coordination off, but also his judgment--or lack there of...Partied too hard or maybe he was feeling a lot of pressure and he tried to take that "edge" off?

I don't know, but I suspect that his substance abuse issues are what's keeping him from being a decent and consistent contributor. I too think it's time we go our separate ways.

Know by whom? News to me and probably a good number of people here.
:barman:

I'm not about starting rumors...he's just horrible and needs to be gone.

Me too. I can't believe we payed that fool and let our Pro Bowl FB go to the team that just knocked us out of the playoffs. That was an exceptionally bad decision.

FWIW Vonta and Rice did Nodda today .... while Foster was gashing them for chunks.

Is this true? If so then he gets even less sympathy from me. I can tell he isn't bright but if you're that dumb and irresponsible that you'd risk blowing a golden opportunity to make a great living playing a sport then I really want him gone.

It was only a matter of time before Jacoby jones pulled this bonehead play.

We all know jacoby is a mistake waiting to happen.

But the powers that be thought he was a great compliment to AJ.:mariopalm:

This is what happens when you resign guys who are proven to be average and knuckleheads. Dont get mad at Jacoby.

Get mad at the guy who gave him a contract.:bat::bat:

No its not true. JJ has had no problems like that while he has played for the Texans.

I may not like JJ right now, but Libel like this is wrong and hurtful to a persons character

This is what happens when you resign guys who are proven to be average and knuckleheads. Dont get mad at Jacoby.

The day we signed Jacoby, I wanted to go run through traffic. I just couldn't believe we still wanted to continue this experiment. He makes enough plays through the year that he'll sometimes make you think he's getting it, but at the end of the day a knucklehead will be a knucklehead. He is what he is. Let's end this and let Maehl and Lestar Jean take over. I'm pretty sure they'll bring more to the table.

I'm also all for bringing Walter back, but he needs to take a big time pay cut. His salary is ridiculous for the production he's given us the past couple of years. I like him, but just not for the money he's getting.

Jacoby Jones has got to go he did nothing but screw up the entire game this fool was dropping punts galore and he really all but gave away all momentum in the entire first half and he did nothing in the passing game. Kevin Walters is stealing money too he dropped one pass in the chest that killed a drive in the first half, these two guys need to be dropped and it's time for some new wide outs to go with andre it's just time to move on period no excuses.

heck of a first post, and not one anybody's going to believe. any reason we should even give this post a second thought?

i'm leaning towards a quick ban, but want to hear the response.

No its not true. JJ has had no problems like that while he has played for the Texans.

I may not like JJ right now, but Libel like this is wrong and hurtful to a persons character

Do I know for a fact that it's true? no

He was arrested while falling asleep behind the wheel drunk at a red light over in the Montrose area in 2008..

Do I know for a fact that it's true? no

Dont state opinion as fact .... Back it up with a link or .... STFU.

The guy making $5m per isnt making stupid mistakes , doesnt drop many and seldom puts the ball on the turf. Im keeping him and looking for a guy who pushes him to the #3WR spot.

eh... Jacoby has had some good games as a return man. His production matches that of the $5M guy.... I think it's a wash.

If the guy we get in the offseason doesn't have the speed to stretch the field, Jacoby stays... he may be #4 on the depth chart & Walter 3rd.

I don't mind getting rid of both of them.... I was hoping Mason was going to do something & shake up our depth chart.... didn't happen.

He was arrested while falling asleep behind the wheel drunk at a red light over in the Montrose area in the offseason year before last..

Dont state opinion as fact .... Back it up with a link or .... STFU.

despite the "stfu", I can see that this has people rather upset, so I erased my comment

Good Call corrosion

So far he has been taken into police custody and processed, and eventually charged with driving while intoxicated. He then had his bail set at five hundred dollars, which was later paid by the player completely. He was then released after the bail was paid that day and it has been reported that this was his only driving under the influence offense to date. There has been no comment up to this point from Jones or his team about this weekend incident of driving under the influence or what will happen to his participation with his football team.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/56917

Hardly a recurring trend though, so don't make him out to be the posterboy for drunk driving.

I really don't care about the above incident, and it has no basis what so ever for me not wanting JJ in a Texans uniform next season. I hope he gets his career restarted with another team, as I do with all players that leave our organization.

i'm not going to go as overboard to be hateful, but i agree with the title ... and in that regard i was wrong. i missed with slaton as a homerun hitter, and now again with jacoby. funny enough that i typically hate that type of all or nothing player, but i supported and defended the resigning of jacoby. now that the season is over ... i am comfortable calling him a waste of money.

Don't be so hard on yourself.... we kept throwing our talent at the defensive side of the ball trying to get that thing fixed. Now that we have a defensive guru to match our offensive guru, we should be able to find a better receiver.

The defense is young enough for us to go heavy on the offense this off-season.... all will be right with the world.

You know what guys we need to get away from this potential crap and move from Jacoby Jones, Kevin Walter, Trindon Holiday all these so-called 3rd options WR's they are pure garbage all of them. Kevin Walters drop a 3rd down pass that halted a drive in the 1st half that hit him dead in the chest and he dropped the pass and I just lost it. Jacoby Jones there is no explanation for this scrub I say bring in a good young F/A like Dwayne Bowe (KC), Harry Douglass (ATL) or Desean Jackson and still draft a Wideout in round 1 or 2 and let's move away from these crappy no catching wr's who are stealing money.

I just think Jacoby needs a change of scenery to better himself in my opinion. He won't fully develop here. It hasn't happened up to this point, and it never will. Its time for the Texans to cut bait and let this guy get a reality check, and really go to a team that isn't going to cuff his sack to make him feel like he's better than what he is. Maybe then he'll know that he needs to work 10 times harder to be all that he can be in this league.

Is it really worth wishing him ill will over? NO.
No, it's absolutely not!

C'mon, people. Try to set an example for your kids, for crying out loud.

Some of you act like Jacoby failed intentionally. Ludicrous.

He made a mistake. He needs a new start. Let's move on with some class.

I really feel we could have won if not for his drop PUNT return WTF. Yes Yates had a few INTs but he's a ROOKIE QB.. not just catching a PUNT. :kitten:

I just think Jacoby needs a change of scenery to better himself in my opinion. He won't fully develop here. It hasn't happened up to this point, and it never will. Its time for the Texans to cut bait.

I agree, he'd benefit from a more vertical passing system. Like Pittsburgh or Oakland for example

I just think Jacoby needs a change of scenery to better himself in my opinion. He won't fully develop here. It hasn't happened up to this point, and it never will. Its time for the Texans to cut bait and let this guy get a reality check, and really go to a team that isn't going to cuff his sack to make him feel like he's better than what he is. Maybe then he'll know that he needs to work 10 times harder to be all that he can be in this league.

I hope he goes to Tennessee. I just think Jacoby is what he is. He's not a good receiver, and he's an average punt returner when he doesn't make bonehead mistakes.

Don't be so hard on yourself.... we kept throwing our talent at the defensive side of the ball trying to get that thing fixed. Now that we have a defensive guru to match our offensive guru, we should be able to find a better receiver.

The defense is young enough for us to go heavy on the offense this off-season.... all will be right with the world.

you're right, i just hate supporting the underdog only to see what should be a veteran lay another rookie egg (made worse by a contract that could've gone to leach or funneled into this coming season). indeed we've given our defense every asset possible, as we've both made perfectly clear waiting on a coach to take advantage of it, but i was really hoping that jones would be the bright spot on offense this season. that's clearly not the case and it's becoming painfully obvious that we need to draft jacoby's replacement and AJ's successor.

i only hope now that jacoby's contract isnt prohibitive and we can save a few bucks by cutting him to free up cap space for mario/foster/myers/draft.

I really feel we could have won if not for his drop PUNT return WTF. Yes Yates had a few INTs but he's a ROOKIE QB.. not just catching a PUNT. :kitten:

That's because you believe everything else would have happened the way it did minus that one infraction.

Truth is, with a 14-3 lead, the old men Ravens probably took a nap, allowing us to score 10 points... Once we got it that close, the Ravens woke up & put the kabosh on our offense.

The score probably would have been 10-3 Ravens if it weren't for that miff......

truth is, we don't know. There's no way to tell. What we do know, is that the score was 17-13 to start the 3rd qtr.

20-13 at the end of the 4th

blame Jacoby & you'll never understand why we lost that game.

Because the run game suffered so badly and we were awash with good, explosive wide outs?

Who would you rather have Vonta Leach or Lawrence Vickers? One's going to the Pro Bowl (again) and the other was picked up off the street as insurance.

The price difference is significant but it's not like spending that money on JJ in any way solved the explosive wide out problem you mentioned. I mean, if we spent that money on someone who could actually do that job then sure, I see the point in it. We didn't though.

3 years@10.5 million for JJ + The 2 years@3 million we had to pay Vickers to come in and do what Leach used to do (no extra charge for the stone hands. Those come with the package)

vs

3 years @ 11 million just to keep Leach.

yeah.. get mad at THAT guy who also gave contracts to Jonathan Joseph and Danieal Manning, etc.. THAT guy

i was in favor of giving jones the contract. he'd shown a progression in his maturity and gave the impression that he'd turned the corner. for me, and i'm assuming those in charge, this wasnt a "potential" contract - it was given to a kid who appeared to have already taken on a man's role on the field.

we were wrong. he's still a kid and we'd have more luck herding cats than we would putting jacoby through his paces.

I really don't care how I'm coming across when I talk about Jacoby Jones. I'm a Suns, Braves, Texans, and Sabres fan. You know what? I've ****ing had enough of my teams' luck and I've had enough of stupid players doing stupid things to cost my teams big spots in the playoffs.

There comes a point where you just don't care anymore and you're going to be brutally honest. I'm sick of my teams beating themselves or having just the most absurd crap happen otherwise.

We'll just have to spend that money on some other wide-out now. We weren't going to win it all without Schaub this year anyway. Eventually, that money will be well spent and we won't miss Leach so much, even though he is tha man.

Cut Jones, reward Foster, get a good wide-out, etc. and get ready for next year because it's looking bright.

Back