Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Jacoby's Gotta Go/**UPDATE**Released

380467_293642994017639_100001158217620_817179_149020939_n.jpg

Me too. I can't believe we payed that fool and let our Pro Bowl FB go to the team that just knocked us out of the playoffs. That was an exceptionally bad decision.

Well i will not go that far, sure we shouldn't have paid him, but I am ok with not signing Leach still, he did not beat us today, hell we shut the run game DOWN, and Arian is great without him, but we could have used the money on a wideout somehow....a different one

Jacoby Jones

1st punt:
Turnover inside our red zone near the goal line

2nd punt:
Muffed

3rd punt:
Fumbles, but fortunately, out of bounds

4th punt:
Loses 5 yards

That brings me to the next question............In the last minutes of the game, when the game was on the line, why was HE still put back there to return this last critical punt? In his career, Manning has returned punts as well as kicks..........and don't tell me, under this critical circumstance, they were worried that they would wear Manning out.:kubepalm:

Unless this dumbanimal pulls me out oh a burning building I'll never forgive his saorry a$$. And if he did pull me out he'd probably drop me down a flight of stairs. Go away forever you effing bum.

All of this piling on Jacoby ain't right.

Did he flub it? Yes.

Should we part ways? Yes.

But I promise you the kid is beside himself with shame and already beating the heck out of himself. I wouldn't wish the offseason he will have on anyone.

It's easy to pile on, run with the mob --- try takng the high road.

I wish him well with his next team.

Did he flub it? Yes.

But I promise you the kid is beside himself with shame and already beating the heck out of himself. I wouldn't wish the offseason he will have on anyone.

If this were an uncommon occurrence, I'd agree with you. I've been banging the "Fire Jacoby Jones" drum for a long time, though. He sucks as a WR and he isn't even a good punt returner. Take a look at his punt return stats from this year - plenty of tries, bad average. When you pair up poor performance with game changing mistakes .... well, the mob is justified.

Jacoby's muffed punt isn't the only reason he should be sent packing...and it's not even the BEST reason that he should be sent packing. The guy makes TERRIBLE DECISIONS as a return man. His first step on PR is almost always a side move...which then leads to a neg yardage move. He fielded the ball on the 26 yd line today and got tackled on the 20...and that was just ONE PLAY. He sucks, plain and simple. And one or two occasional "big plays" isn't even close to a good enough reason to keep him around.

Sorry if I'm piling on to Mr. Jacoby "SKILLET HANDS" Jones...but it is what it is. So, in short...

92801_o.gif

Did he flub it? Yes.

As long as his next time ain't the Titans, Colts, or Jag I wish him well. Seems like a cool dude but still we should part ways with him and I doubt he'll make the team any ways.

Andre
Walter
Draft pick
Lestar Jean
Jacoby

He's going to be fighting for a 4th/5th spot as a wr possibly against Jean who looked really good in preseason.

Why didn't Gary let Manning KR/PR.

I understand thar Gary didn't want to Manning to get hurt.

But it's the playoffs. With the way Jacoby was sucking Manning should've been the KR/PR.

Hopefully we've seen the last of Jacoby Jones.

Good riddance

BTW, I'm so proud of the Texans. Thanks for giving your all.

anceZierlein Lance Zierlein
Even before this game, I would have been surprised to see Jacoby back. Only 1 yr guaranteed on his 3 yr deal

Our wide recievers in a nutshell-

Andre Johnson - Elite
Kevin Walter - Above average
Jacoby Jones - Average

Do we even have anyone past that? A 4th wide receiver that is? Not counting all of our tight ends.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot about Bryant Johnson! Who is a little below average. We need someone like Julio Jones in this upcoming draft or to sign in free agency.

Did he flub it? Yes.

Ian Howfield.

Jacoby almost entered Ian Howfield territory, except for one guy making a flub at the beginning of the game and one guy making a flub at the end of the game. Otherwise, and unfortunately so, the two guys are sharing in Houston Pro Football legacy/lore that is what it is.

It's a strange feeling to think that this team could overcome so much adversity and play above their heads for practically the whole season, how we could have legitimate chances to get to a SB, and Jacoby Jones committed such a heinous error considering where he was, who was facing him, and how little chance he would have to make any sort of positive yards out of it HAD HE HELD ONTO IT.

He's been flirting with that little last-second pickup of the ball the past few games. It bit him, and us, in the ass today. Despite Yates interceptions, we could have won this game with better special teams play. Period.

And I think this is why there's a thread about Special Teams and Joe Marciano. But Kubiak is loyal, and he won't shake it up unless told to by Bob via Rick Smith.

Did he flub it? Yes.

There's just something therapeutic about expressing all your anger/rage at the guy everyone feels cost us the game. Right or wrong it just feels good. The Texans should put Jacoby on suicide watch. I'd hate to be him right now as well.

Our wide recievers in a nutshell-

Andre Johnson - Elite
Kevin Walter - Above average
Jacoby Jones - Average

Do we even have anyone past that? A 4th wide receiver that is? Not counting all of our tight ends.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot about Bryant Johnson! Who is a little below average. We need someone like Julio Jones in this upcoming draft or to sign in free agency.
You're being generous by giving Jacoby average status.

**** him.

Reactions: GP

Did he flub it? Yes.

Well, yeah, ok, I'm sure he's feeling bad right now.

So?

He has had waaaaaaaay too many chances, and has been paid waaaaaay too much money.

Sorry, but, dropping a ball in the playoffs is unacceptable. Period.

am i the only one who does not see jj's speed?

people say he's fast but he does not look that fast on tv to me. he get's run down almost every time he tries to run sideways.

Well, yeah, ok, I'm sure he's feeling bad right now.

So?

He has had waaaaaaaay too many chances, and has been paid waaaaaay too much money.

Sorry, but, dropping a ball in the playoffs is unacceptable. Period.

Not to mention, its not like he is on this site

he should be :pissed:

I understand it is only natural to focus on mistakes. But:

Jacoby Jones: 31 catches, 512 yards 16.5 ypc 2 TDs
Kevin Walter: 39 catches, 474 yards 12.2 ypc 3 TDs

one guy is getting $3Million a year, the other guy is getting $5M or so.

I'd keep the cheap guy, & replace the more expensive guy with someone who can produce like a $5M player.

I'd keep the cheap guy, & replace the more expensive guy with someone who can produce like a $5M player.

Cut them both, use the money to sign D Bowe or R Wayne and draft one in rd 1.

If this were an uncommon occurrence, I'd agree with you. I've been banging the "Fire Jacoby Jones" drum for a long time, though. He sucks as a WR and he isn't even a good punt returner. Take a look at his punt return stats from this year - plenty of tries, bad average. When you pair up poor performance with game changing mistakes .... well, the mob is justified.

This. I would be mad if he had a bad game. It isn't just this game. This season he is to the team what KJ was last year, except this year the goat label mattered a lot more.

True that the loss is not 100% on him. But he was conspicuously consistent as the face of the loss for 4 quarters and usually those moments were him standing alone.

Furthermore, fair or not, he needs to go because Texans fans will never forget what happened. Some will hate him. Personally I just don't want to have to cover my eyes every time we're about to receive a punt and at this point that is pretty much what it's come to.

shhhh...... Arian fumbled one to..... only difference is that Jacoby covered Arian's fumble & no one was any where close to being able to cover Jacoby's

Not the only difference....Jacoby should have never tried to field that punt. That's it, my only negative post of the day.

Exactly what I screamed at the TV.

EXACTLY what I screamed at the TV. "What a dumb***!"

And then was berated by my spouse for cursing within earshot of the kiddos. Not my proudest moment.

Jacoby must go. He may not have lost the game, but that one play, so early on, definitely killed our momo. I am just done with this guy. Have been for some time.

JEAN is on IR, right? There is free agency. There is the draft.

The guy making $5m per isnt making stupid mistakes , doesnt drop many and seldom puts the ball on the turf. Im keeping him and looking for a guy who pushes him to the #3WR spot.

am i the only one who does not see jj's speed?

people say he's fast but he does not look that fast on tv to me. he get's run down almost every time he tries to run sideways.

He has amazing straight line speed .... Its the acceleration and lateral quickness thats lacking.

Me too

Nice to meet you Rob.

Had a great time.

Lets do it again next yr.

Despite the outcome I had a good time .... Great season all things considered. We'll damn sure do it again next year.

How bout just some honey glaze with generous sprinkling of bees.:)

The bee's might keep the cannibals away .... Jacoby getting eaten by cannibals ensures he's not able to screw us again. :truck:

Jacoby needs to go as a matter of fact he should have been gone long ago but most of these posts are ridiculous and just as bad as his own play today. Grow up people just grow up.

Maybe it's all the beer that I've drank, but I don't hate him. Or maybe it's the way I was raised. Either way, cut his ass now!

He's gone. His proclivity to try and avoid contact by running sideways or backwards plus his weak-mindedness has to have sealed it for him. Did Kubiak even mention him by name since the game was over? I would be surprised if he answered a question about Jones and said his name, first or last. Just a hunch and hope I'm right.

Who knows what would have happened if Jacoby didn't do what he did. Texans may not have scored in the drive, but at least the Ravens would not have been spotted seven points. Really can't stand the guy. Sign a free agent WR and draft another in the first and mid rounds.

There's just something therapeutic about expressing all your anger/rage at the guy everyone feels cost us the game. Right or wrong it just feels good. The Texans should put Jacoby on suicide watch. I'd hate to be him right now as well.

If JJ was stupid enough to do the things he did today, he's fully capable of not transferring said events into anything "suicidal". If it was something that could warrant "suicide", it wouldn't have happened to begin with.

Sorry but I can't approve of all this hate. People actually want to hurt him. I feel bad for the kid. He shouldn't fear for his life just because he tried. He just... didn't work out so let's just cut him and move forward.

As for placing blame SQUARELY on JJ... The Texans are known for trotting out Slaton at KR repeatedly, sticking with Brown, and tallying up an infinite number of blocks in the back. This is a coaching issue.

I wish we would fire Joe Marciano and have felt that way since he couldn't solve the new NFL rules regarding the wedge.

Back