Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Inside Info: 2020 to be Watson’s last season as a Texan!

Mangler

Toro de España
Not going to put his name out there, but this person works very closely with pretty much all the big name Texans’ players, and a few Astros. He is also now the Texans Organization go-to media guy, doing all the videos and photography. He may be on his way to officially getting the Astros gig as well. Great guy, and does awesome work!

Anyway, he just made a random post on Facebook that reads:

“My prediction, Deshaun Watson will not re-sign with the Texans.”

A bunch of people replied with the typical “I don’t blame him, it’s because of O’Brien” and others just hoping Watson reconsiders and stays in Houston. I DM’d him asking him if the post was based off inside info or just a gut feeling, and he said “a little bit of both.” He really didn’t want to say much, so who knows? He did call the Clowney trade, the Honey badger walking, and the rift between Hopkins and O’Brien before they went public, so maybe this rumor is also true?

badboy

Hall of Fame
If Watson is going to be moved, in my opinion this is the offseason to do it. Yes he does have a fifth-year tender after 2020. Yet this draft is really deep; we could remake our roster with really good trade of a franchise quarterback. Not only could he win with a team more suited to his skill set but he could be extended and keep his 2020 cap hit at a very reasonable rate for the purchasing team which would be valuable and that team getting other assets to go with him. Washington, LA Chargers, Raiders, and Miami all have a need and purchasing power that I would consider in trading partners. Due to rumors that Burrows does not want to play for Bengals even that could be a possible Landing site.

Last edited:

mussop

Hall of Fame
If Watson is going to be moved, in my opinion this is the offseason to do it. Yes he does have a fifth-year tender after 2020. Yet this draft is really deep; we could remake our roster with really good trade of a franchise quarterback. Not only could he win with a team more suited to his skill set but he could be extended and keep his 2020 cap hit at a very reasonable rate for the purchasing team which would be valuable and that team getting other assets to go with him. Washington, LA Chargers, Raiders, and Miami all have a need and purchasing power that I would consider is trading partners. Due to rumors that Burrows does not want to play for Bengals even that could be a possible Landing site.
Except OB would trade him for Dalton and a second and swap 4ths next year.

Sonny

TexSon Proud
Just for speculation's sake.. if Watson was deemed worth being shipped out in exchange for the 'house'.. you could almost guarantee Watt would retire within moments, thus necessitating an entire rebuild and OBs walking papers would essentially be required.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
When do personal predictions become inside information??

If that's the case, I have inside information.. my inside info tells me that O'Brien will be fired before the bye week when Deshaun wins the power struggle, if not sooner. Franchise QB always trumps a lame coach/g.m. whom the local pillagers already have the tar warm and the feathers plucked for.

This is how I know that I'll survive Covid-19.. I will not rest until I see the ax swing on that asshole's asshole chin.. not after the Hopkins trade and all the damage he's done to this franchise. See you in Hell Bill.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Let's not forget who would be orchestrating the trade of Watson.......non other than Texans very own, Supreme GM Dumbarse.

Miami would take SGMDA to the woodshed once again.....by getting Watson for Ryan Fitzpatrick and a swap of RD7 picks.......oh, SGMDA would feel bad for Miami so he's toss in the Texans 2021 RD3 pick as well. Why, because he's the smartest ducker in the room.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
First I’m not a fan of trading Watson.

But for the sake of this let’s chat. If we were going to trade him, now would be the time, but I would want every coach and front office person fired. No way do you allow OB the chance to trade everything of value and start the rebuild. You’d have to allow a new regime the opportunity to do it. I think that ship has sailed.

Mangler

Toro de España
Just for speculation's sake.. if Watson was deemed worth being shipped out in exchange for the 'house'.. you could almost guarantee Watt would retire within moments, thus necessitating an entire rebuild and OBs walking papers would essentially be required.
A few posters here would demand O’Brien gets extended because neither Watt, Hopkins, or Watson were his picks anyway and he’ll finally be able to choose the “right” players that fit his “system.”

austins23

Hall of Fame

But for the sake of this let’s chat. If we were going to trade him, now would be the time, but I would want every coach and front office person fired. No way do you allow OB the chance to trade everything of value and start the rebuild. You’d have to allow a new regime the opportunity to do it. I think that ship has sailed.
^^^^THIS^^^^
If Watson gets traded this franchise would implode without new front office people. I just can't imagine the thought of getting rid of Watson though. This franchise has been QB crap since Schaub started chucking pick 6's.

banned1976

sleeper mode

O’Brien has already begun the rebuild (but I don’t feel the term applies here, later on that). It started last year and got kicked into another gear with the trade of Hopkins.

BoB and the preacher are trying to build the Texans into the Patriots. Without Belichick and Brady (the two GOAT individuals), it’s doomed for failure.

Year two of the tear-down. O’Brien won’t be here for the actual rebuild. The rebuild requires someone with a vision of something that can actually work. It’s going to take someone with creativity. O’Brien thinks he has the cheat code for how to win Super Bowl’s just because he spent a few years in New England with the hoody. He thinks poaching Jack Easterby was the final piece. But unless you can replicate the greatness of BB and TB, throw in a team full of players who share your vision and culture you’re destined for failure. All O’Brien has done is he has torn the team apart. As fans all we can really hope for is that the McNair’s figure this out before O’Brien discards Watson.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
Im so disinterested with the team that I dont even really care anymore. Any guys that fans get attached to will probably be shipped by Herr OBrien, so whats the use? I'll just strive for entertainment watching this train derail. Another 10 QBs coming through the pipes should be fun. The coward coach shrinking on the sidelines, the senseless GM who has set a franchise back by 10 years single handedly.

Fun times ahead.

Texansballer74

The Marine
If Watson was traded I surely hope they get equal to higher value. It’s best to trade him now, that way you can get a high draft pick in the first round. He’s worth a top 10. Maybe a second round pick and a few fillers. Or trade with the Bengals, we give them Watson and they pick Burrow for us.

theCATALYST

Football Messiah
If Watson was traded I surely hope they get equal to higher value. It’s best to trade him now, that way you can get a high draft pick in the first round. He’s worth a top 10. Maybe a second round pick and a few fillers. Or trade with the Bengals, we give them Watson and they pick Burrow for us.
If it has come to this...this is the only scenario I want to see.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
You don't throw out the baby with the bath water. Clean house, top to bottom, with the front office and coaching staff then throw a Brinks truck at Peyton Manning as GM and let him hire a coach.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Bengals aren't interested, that cheap ass org. would much rather take a Burrow on a rookie contract than pay Watson.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Bengals aren't interested, that cheap ass org. would much rather take a Burrow on a rookie contract than pay Watson.

I'm only speaking hypothetically and that's it. And for a franchise quarterback they might just do that. Especially after seeing him play for the Texans for three years.

watt99x99

Waterboy
"i don't know how i’ma make it out of here clean. can’t even keep track of who plays for the other team.. iconic duos rip and split at the seams"
DW4 finally showing some backbone. about time.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Im so disinterested with the team that I dont even really care anymore. Any guys that fans get attached to will probably be shipped by Herr OBrien, so whats the use? I'll just strive for entertainment watching this train derail. Another 10 QBs coming through the pipes should be fun. The coward coach shrinking on the sidelines, the senseless GM who has set a franchise back by 10 years single handedly.

Fun times ahead.

Madden 20 refused this trade, so obviously that makes it very viable and likely with O'Brien.

Not gonna' lie, I'm hoping it happens for Deshaun's sake. O'Brien is just going to Carr the kid's career and it'll be too late if the Texans use up the next four seasons of his potential.

The state of my Texans fandom at this point:

WorldBurn.jpg

santo

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I can dig it. We’ll be the first franchise in history where the QB was also the HC, GM, & lead contract negotiator.
Good. Then maybe he can realize his offense sucks because the OL is bad and the receivers can't get open, but he'll just say the players are dumb to grasp his genius offense.

badboy

Hall of Fame
When do personal predictions become inside information??

If that's the case, I have inside information.. my inside info tells me that O'Brien will be fired before the bye week when Deshaun wins the power struggle, if not sooner. Franchise QB always trumps a lame coach/g.m. whom the local pillagers already have the tar warm and the feathers plucked for.

This is how I know that I'll survive Covid-19.. I will not rest until I see the ax swing on that asshole's asshole chin.. not after the Hopkins trade and all the damage he's done to this franchise. See you in Hell Bill.
I think it is two different things. There are people on MB that have or know others that are closer to athletes or organizations than others. Just a fact. Now info could be accurate and still not happen or could be right on as we have discovered. I believe it was the Andre Johnson situation where many of us attacked a poster for info about AJ & then looked stupid when Johnson left. I suppose it is the way or attitude any "insider info" is presented that I used plus the respect I have for said poster.

Personal predictions also can be based on info or evaluations of people, events and circumstances and how we interpret that. Most "pros" are wrong way more often than right but I still read and think for myself.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Let's not forget who would be orchestrating the trade of Watson.......non other than Texans very own, Supreme GM Dumbarse.

Miami would take SGMDA to the woodshed once again.....by getting Watson for Ryan Fitzpatrick and a swap of RD7 picks.......oh, SGMDA would feel bad for Miami so he's toss in the Texans 2021 RD3 pick as well. Why, because he's the smartest ducker in the room.
or Obrien would be in a different mindset than desperately needing left tackle to keep his QB alive with almost not worthy option than Tunsil. Or feeling he needed to move a WR that I personally love for what he could get. I am not arguing those players as we have bazillian posts already. If he moves quietly and he does do that, he could need a trailer to load up the riches. It tend to focus on the first few hours of a move and then feel silly to realize more to a story than I thought. As I've posted in my off season thread, many things have to align to move Watson for most value but things seem to be moving in that direction as I posted there recently with the 'skins and Bengals. Minor moves for sure like Washington trading for a vet QB recently. It is going to be an off season to watch even if I shake my head at times. :wacko:

badboy

Hall of Fame

While there now appears to be some--undercurrents for lack of better term that Watson could be gone, there is zero of O'Brien leaving, NADA. I get that you and others including me want him gone, the only way to proceed logically past this is to talk about what could not should happen. Wasn't that long ago I posted about trading Hop and Watson and we all know how that was responded to; yet #10 is gone and more are hinting at possibility #4 could also. Has little to do with what I want but what is going on.

badboy

Hall of Fame
A few posters here would demand O’Brien gets extended because neither Watt, Hopkins, or Watson were his picks anyway and he’ll finally be able to choose the “right” players that fit his “system.”
Interesting as I have not seen even a hint from anyone wanting OB to be extended. Some like SBT has posted his opinions and reasons why OB may have done one thing or another but he has repeatedly posted he wants O'Brien out of here.

badboy

Hall of Fame
^^^^THIS^^^^
If Watson gets traded this franchise would implode without new front office people. I just can't imagine the thought of getting rid of Watson though. This franchise has been QB crap since Schaub started chucking pick 6's.
There is nothing to say franchise would implode. We are just dealing with our hurt feelings which is okay. Watson is very good but I don't think he will reach full potential here so I am ready to look elsewhere if the deal is right.

mussop

Hall of Fame
if you're going to speculate at least be realistic. If BOB ships out Watson we wont be gettin the "house". More likely we'll be gettin that old shed out back that has a leaky roof.

santo

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Interesting yes but I think I would prefer a Miami deal with more picks to bring in more top players that could turn this team around.
Yes, in theory it would, but so far with Tunsil, Clowney, and Hopkins OB has shown he's way over his head when it comes to trading players. You also seem to value draft picks way more than he has shown to.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I don't think they will trade Watson, but then I didn't think we would ever trade Hopkins or that the world would shut down because of the flu either. So yeah at this point pretty much nothing would surprise me.
You mean it never occurred to you that Hopkins would be traded right ? But then trading him for the consideration they received would
have been beyond your imagination, right ? It was mine.
So trading Watson seems unlikely but I wouldn''t bet on it with O'Brien in charge.

banned1976

sleeper mode
I’m guessing Watson is going to clean that up soon. He’ll Tweet or say something to the affect he’s firmly behind O’Brien, he loves playing for him and that will be affirmation to some fans that O’Brien knows what he’s doing and in no way has he lost the support of the team. And I’ll call BS to all of it. There’s nothing Watson can say now to make me believe he’s not hurting by what his GM did.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I'm only speaking hypothetically and that's it. And for a franchise quarterback they might just do that. Especially after seeing him play for the Texans for three years.
After seeing him play for the Texans for 3 yrs is the reason they wouldn't do the deal. That and in addition to the Mike Brown may be the only owner cheaper than the McNair's.