L.Blunt
J.Ajayi
S.Ridley
Looking real thin at RB out there.
We can hope someone gets cut on Monday.

Bill O’Brien doesn’t expect Keke Coutee to play Week One
Josh Alper
3 hours ago

The Texans got wide receiver Keke Coutee back on the practice field Monday, but that didn’t raise head coach Bill O’Brien’s hopes of having him in the lineup for the season opener.

transparent-320x50.gif

Coutee has been sidelined by a sprained ankle this summer and O’Brien said that he is “not hopeful” about the wideout’s chances of playing against the Saints on September 9.

Hamstring issues kept the 2018 fourth-round pick out of 10 games last season, including the first three games of the year, so playing without Coutee is nothing new for the Texans. That doesn’t make it any less disappointing for the offense to be down an expected contributor when they open the season.

DeAndre Carter or Vyncint will likely step into three-receiver sets with DeAndre Hopkins and Will Fuller until Coutee is deemed ready for game action

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...errer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s

Chronicle reporting this morning that Coutee unlikely to be ready for Saints game, although he did participate in Monday's light walkthrough practice. Team is preparing as if he won't be up to speed and unavailable.

Heard Coutee, Mancz, Howard practiced Monday. Fulton will be back soon if not already. Warring in concussion protocol still. AJ’s gotta be getting near an updated timetable soon.

Not good for warring. Barely practiced at all.

Any current status on McCarron? I was really excited about having him as the teams QB2 this season.
AJ said he was ready to go in pre-season game 4. Took off cast and threw fine in warm ups. So at least he thought he was ready, Another 10 days from that game to NO so we should have a valid #2. They still need a QB3 plan for PS at least

Any current status on McCarron? I was really excited about having him as the teams QB2 this season.
AJ said he was ready to go in pre-season game 4. Took off cast and threw fine in warm ups. So at least he thought he was ready, Another 10 days from that game to NO so we should have a valid #2. They still need a QB3 plan for PS at least

TEXANS

Position
Name Injury Thursday
DE Carlos Watkins Non-Football DNP
WR Keke Coutee Ankle LP
C/G Zach Fulton Toe LP
C/G Greg Mancz Ankle LP
S Justin Reid Shoulder LP
G/T Tytus Howard Finger FP

SAINTS

Position
Name Injury Thursday
DT Mario Edwards Jr. Hamstring DNP
FB Zach Line Knee LP
LB Craig Robertson Hamstring LP
LB Alex Anzalone Shoulder LP
DT Sheldon Rankins Achilles LP
RB Dwayne Washington Ankle/Concussion FP

https://www.neworleanssaints.com/ne...y-injury-report-2019-week-1-vs-houston-texans

TEXANS

Position
Name Injury Thursday
DE Carlos Watkins Non-Football DNP
WR Keke Coutee Ankle LP
C/G Zach Fulton Toe LP
C/G Greg Mancz Ankle LP
S Justin Reid Shoulder LP
G/T Tytus Howard Finger FP

SAINTS

Position
Name Injury Thursday
DT Mario Edwards Jr. Hamstring DNP
FB Zach Line Knee LP
LB Craig Robertson Hamstring LP
LB Alex Anzalone Shoulder LP
DT Sheldon Rankins Achilles LP
RB Dwayne Washington Ankle/Concussion FP

https://www.neworleanssaints.com/ne...y-injury-report-2019-week-1-vs-houston-texans
Someone had earlier hinted at a DL suspension, I guess Watkins may be it. Any word? 4 gamer coming up or is this just a personal circumstance and missing this game??

Someone had earlier hinted at a DL suspension, I guess Watkins may be it. Any word? 4 gamer coming up or is this just a personal circumstance and missing this game??

Im no Doc so I wouldnt have any medical contacts that lead back to Kirby, a quick search on teams dealing with suspended players didnt have any Texan players on it, and I would assume if it was league mandated it would have been official by now (failed drug test/wife beater etc...)https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27434399/nfl-week-1-suspended-players-opener-beyond so if it is a team infraction then I havent heard anything in that regard, but maybe someone else can add some input.

Tweet from @AaronWilson_NFL: Bill O'Brien on Tytus Howard: 'Getting better, but dealing with a hand issue. Have to be able to use your hands. Nice blocks in practice, but that's tough for a rookie to play with that type of injury. It's something we have to be aware of. We'll see how he does today.'

Tweet from @MarkBermanFox26: Bill O'Brien says it's a possibility Keke Coutee plays against the Saints. Could be a game-time decision.

Wish we had a way to get an injury report after the Saints game. Who will be banged up in addition to Coutee, and will there be hope for their recovery?

@badboy 's research post is on page 132 of the injury thread. I went much farther back then that however to December 2018 and couldn't find the posts he quoted. It's possible badboy's quotes were pulled from other threads or just as likely all the drama he referenced was deleted.

Maybe at the time badboy did his research some of the posts had already been deleted? From what I can see, there doesn't appear to be anyone poster who chased him away.

I've been here for a very long time and frankly, I've paid little attention to the injury thread. Sifting through it however it looked like cnd's personal oasis. And rightfully so. Dude had his **** together and put a lot of effort into his posts purely to keep other posters educated.

I think overtime maybe some started to take it for granted. Reading through it looks like every other post was a request for his opinion. Surely that became taxing for him.

Ultimately this forum does what it does. People got off topic and started infighting in "his thread."

I wasn't there and I may be off base. I'm not placing blame. It looks like mods, in the spirit of free speech, let the posters say what they wanted to. Maybe cnd didn't like that intrusion on a thread he poured his heart into?

I think he wanted them to trim the fat and keep all the bs out. When they didn't, he said ***** it.

Again, I'm only reading between the lines for what's available. And maybe I'm illiterate? But I have noticed his absence coincides with infantrycaks.

Hopefully, leave for both cnd and cak is temporary and they return soon. This place is better with them here.

I didn't wanna quote myself but this seemed the place for it rather than the JD thread.

TEXANS WEEK 3 INJURY REPORT

LIMIT PARTICIPATION

TUNSIL (ANKLE) .........NEW..........REPORTED AS LOW ANKLE SPRAIN, BUT THERE WAS A TWIST OF THE LEG AT THE KNEE DURING THE PLAY WHICH MAKES ME BELIEVE HE SUSTAINED A MILD HIGH ANKLE SPRAIN...........IF SO, EASILY AGGRAVATED

HOPKINS (RIB) .........NEW...........BRUISED, WILL ONLY MAKE HIM A LITTLE TENTATIVE

JONES (HAMSTRING) ............NEW........ALSO RECOVERING FROM HYPEREXTENDED ELBOW

KELEMETE (WRIST) ...........2ND WEEK THAT WILL DEFINITELY AFFECT HIS ABILITY TO GRASP/BLOCK

MOORE (KNEE) .........NEW...........FROM ONE PLAY I NOTED, LIKELY A MILD MCL

FULLER (NOT INJURY RELATED)..........PROBABLE STILL LIMITED REPS COMING BACK FROM ACL

FULL PARTICIPATION

COLE (BACK).......NEW.......MUSCLE STRAIN

GIPSON (WRIST)..........MILD WRIST SPRAIN

HYDE (SHOULDER).........NEW.........USED HIS SHOULDER AS A BATTERING RAM AND APPEARS TO HAVE SUSTAINED A GRADE I A/C SHOULDER SPRAIN..........COULD IMPACT HIS ABILITY TO REACH UP FOR PASSES FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS.........MISSED 2 GAMES IN 2016 FOR A GRADE II A/C SPRAIN

MANCZ (ANKLE)........STILL WORRISOME WITH HIS ONGOING KNEE PROBLEMS

REID (SHOULDER).......DEALING WITH A RE-AGGRAVATED SUBLUXATION

Last edited:
TEXANS WEEK 3 INJURY REPORT

LIMIT PARTICIPATION

TUNSIL (ANKLE) .........NEW..........REPORTED AS LOW ANKLE SPRAIN, BUT THERE WAS A TWIST OF THE LEG AT THE KNEE DURING THE PLAY WHICH MAKES ME BELIEVE HE SUSTAINED A MILD HIGH ANKLE SPRAIN...........IF SO, EASILY AGGRAVATED

HOPKINS (RIB) .........NEW...........BRUISED, WILL ONLY MAKE HIM A LITTLE TENTATIVE

JONES (HAMSTRING) ............NEW........ALSO RECOVERING FROM HYPEREXTENDED ELBOW

KELEMETE (WRIST) ...........2ND WEEK THAT WILL DEFINITELY AFFECT HIS ABILITY TO GRASP/BLOCK

MOORE (KNEE) .........NEW...........FROM ONE PLAY I NOTED, LIKELY A MILD MCL

FULL PARTICIPATION

COLE (BACK).......NEW.......MUSCLE STRAIN

GIPSON (WRIST)..........MILD WRIST SPRAIN

HYDE (SHOULDER).........NEW.........USED HIS SHOULDER AS A BATTERING RAM AND APPEARS TO HAVE SUSTAINED A GRADE I A/C SHOULDER SPRAIN..........COULD IMPACT IMPACT HIS ABILITY TO REACH UP FOR PASSES FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS.........MISSED 2 GAMES IN 2016 FOR A GRADE II A/C SPRAIN

MANCZ (ANKLE)........STILL WORRISOME WITH HIS ONGOING KNEE PROBLEMS

REID (SHOULDER).......DEALING WITH AN AGGRAVATED SUBLUXATION
Welcome back, Doc. It's been pretty boring around here without you.

Hey CnD I don’t see Howard on the list. Is his finger good to go and if not how much is that affecting his game would you say? Great to have you back.
Although this is only 1 month post break and the fracture will not technically be healed for another 2-4 weeks..........it will be set well enough with minimal support in order for him to function virtually unhindered by next game .

Welcome back Doc.

Remember , this thread is for Injury discussion only.

Want to talk draft , we have a section for that …. take it there.

Keep the personal attacks to yourself , they add nothing to the conversation.
Question: somewhere up-thread I saw this is only for Texans injuries. What about injuries to our upcoming opponents or to so-called marquee players around the league (some of us play fantasy football so this info is of interest to us :D). Will there be another injury thread for non-Texan injury discussion? Or do we have to ask those questions in the NFL Random thought thread?? What's the plan?

eex98rouuaaco7p.jpeg

The Chargers are thin and hurting at CB.............2 weeks ago starting CB Michael Davis tore his hamstring and has not practiced since, and I see no way he plays this Sunday.............CB Trevor Williams was placed on IR last week for a torn quad...........CB Brandon Facyson used as a replacement has been torn apart in pass coverage

Chargers star TE Hunter Henry who missed most of last year with a left ACL rupture suffered a left tibia plateau fracture last week. Initially, it was reported that he would miss only 4-6 weeks (not realistic). Later, it was reported that he was placed on IR (realistic). This was then retracted, and now he is found on the Injury Report as Did Not Participate.

Chargers star WR had ankle surgery prior to TC and played well in week 1 and 2.............sustained a knee injury last game..........has had a history of knee injuries in past............2012 PCL rupture...........2013 MCL tear.............2016 ACL rupture

Chargers K Mike sustained a groin tear in preseason game 4 and has not been a full go in practice or played in a game since

Question: somewhere up-thread I saw this is only for Texans injuries. What about injuries to our upcoming opponents or to so-called marquee players around the league (some of us play fantasy football so this info is of interest to us :D). Will there be another injury thread for non-Texan injury discussion? Or do we have to ask those questions in the NFL Random thought thread?? What's the plan?

Its injuries …. Generally those to the Texans or their opponents , would be up to Doc if he wants to answer questions on other players.

Eric Fisher is having core muscle surgery.

Will he return this yr or is this a season ender?

Big loss for the Chiefs.

FYI:

Players are listed as either questionable (theoretically meaning they had a 50 percent chance of missing that week's game), doubtful (75 percent), or out (100 percent) on weekly injury reports. In prior years, there was also a probable (25 percent) designation, but the NFL did away with that in 2017. After two years of data, we now see that this was pointless. Teams simply leave that space blank for players who are probably going to play, and those players play at about the same rate that probable players did in the past.

Last year's total NFL break down:

GAME STATUS..............DNP

Blank [Probable]..............4.3%..............[TEXANS: 2.7%]

Questionable.................22.1%..............[TEXANS: 52.9%]

Doubtful.......................95.6%

Out..............................98.5%

[Next to the Jets, the Texans stayed most true to word to their designated statuses]

Last edited:
"Probable" may be officially out but that doesn't keep us from using it if we want to. Would you say Tunsil is probable or truly questionable?

Back