Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Indianapolis Colts @ Houston Texans. 11/3. 7:30. NBC. **Official Battle Red Thread**

I see by your join date that you're relatively new. Being able to effectively run the ball has a huge effect on a ball game. You're probably too new to understand how football works. Go back to football101 and rethink your criticism. You ****ing clown.

The team ran for over 100 yards you moron. All those posts and you still don't know Jack ****, stop crying and grasping for straws you are an embarassment

I see by your join date that you're relatively new. Being able to effectively run the ball has a huge effect on a ball game. You're probably too new to understand how football works. Go back to football101 and rethink your criticism. You ****ing clown.

They had 143 yards rushing for the game. I'd say they effectively ran the ball...

You might want to sign up for that same Football101 class...

Just sayin'...

hey man maybe if we had a 4th rb suited up we would have converted on that 4th and 1, and maybe randy makes those kicks. off to football 101.. ..

on another note Havard Rugland might be worth a look..

I think a 4th RB could have helped us cover better as well.

He had Foster, Tate and Johnson active, That what the eff I'm talking about, you simpleton.

Don't understand your point. Tate and Johnson ran the ball very well. Running game didn't hurt us at all this game. Why would having an additional running back made any difference?

idk what difference deji karim would have made.. just suiting him up as a precaution is beside the point because its not as if we were out of running backs.. his hissyfit is making zero sense.. if kubiaks at fault for anything its not cutting ties with randy after week 2 or 3..
Foster went out in the 1st quarter, after 1 or 2 plays. Having Karim available might've won this game fo0r us. Relying on Tate definitely didn't help. If you're just going to be a hater, **** off. Tate ran scared/ hurt and cost the team a 1st down or two.

Don't understand your point. Tate and Johnson ran the ball very well. Running game didn't hurt us at all this game. Why would having an additional running back made any difference?
Then you didn't watch the game with any idea of what wins and loses games. Lack of a running game cost us just as much as bad kicking.

Foster went out in the 1st quarter, after 1 or 2 plays. Having Karim available might've won this game fo0r us. Relying on Tate definitely didn't help. If you're just going to be a hater, **** off. Tate ran scared/ hurt and cost the team a 1st down or two.

Go to bed, you are drunk posting and making a fool out of yourself.

haters_gonna_hate.jpg

Go to bed, you are drunk posting and making a fool out of yourself.
You are a pro BS'r and fit your avatar to a tee. I lament your inability to diagnose an NFL play and arrive at a logical conclusion. There are lots of you douche bags around nowadays.

Then you didn't watch the game with any idea of what wins and loses games. Lack of a running game cost us just as much as bad kicking.

Tate and Johnson combined for 117 yards. They did more than enough tonight. I just don't understand how you think our running game had any role in the Texans losing the game tonight? Poor secondary play and another special teams meltdown did that.

Tate and Johnson combined for 117 yards. They did more than enough tonight. I just don't understand how you think our running game had any role in the Texans losing the game tonight? Poor secondary play and another special teams meltdown did that.
They didn;t do nearly enough tonight. Tate decided to slide short of an important 1st down tonight. Is that your criteria for doing enough? I can go on from here.

Christ, why are people ******ing about the refs? Calls went both ways, blame it on a sh1tty kicker, not refs.

Yeah. I thought on KMart's fumble that the Colts got screwed.

Later when we got screwed on AJ's catch I just thought "And so we get screwed right back. About par for the course in the NFL. All is right with the world"

I see Dennis Johnson for 4 carries. No other backs.

You can't even read a box score correctly? You must be drunk.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/gamecast?gameId=331103034&version=mobile

Your argument doesn't make any sense. What's preventing them from running DJ more often? Does Dennis Johnson have a "I can only carry the ball 8 times per game" clause in his contract or something that I am not aware of? You sound silly.

We ran the ball effectively enough to win this game. It's weird that you are harping on this when there are easily 2 other glaring problems that cost us this game.

You can't even read a box score correctly? You must be drunk.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/gamecast?gameId=331103034&version=mobile

Your argument doesn't make any sense. What's preventing them from running DJ more often? Does Dennis Johnson have a "I can only carry the ball 8 times per game" clause in his contract or something that I am not aware of? You sound silly.

We ran the ball effectively enough to win this game. It's weird that you are harping on this when there are easily 2 other glaring problems that cost is this game.[/QUO. This is where I got my data. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/live/NFL_20131103_IND@HOUIt has Johnson with 4 carries.

Kubiak made some questionable playcalling in his time here. But to go for it on 4th down instead of an easy fg to go up 3 score is his worst playcalling ever. What makes it the worst is he called a run play for a rb that slid short of the first down just two plays ago. It was obvious that Tate wasn't in the right condition to take a tackle and to call a play for him to grind out on short yardage for a first down is ridiculous.

Am I the only one losing faith in Arian Foster's ability to stay healthy? Maybe we also have to consider drafting a running back in the early rounds as well.

No, it's not his worst decision ever. Like, at all. The rationale was completely understandable. Your team is against the wall, at home, on national TV after being repeatedly embarrassed on national TV in recent years, already with a TD under the belt. If he didn't go for it and go for the killshot, he would have been destroyed and referred to as a soft *****.

I welcomed that decision wholeheartedly. It was aggressive.

Don't really want to get into the debate, but wasn't Foster inactivated because od a back injury (not the hammy which made him a game time decision)?

Best thing about being here is you don't get those ****ing "good job you guys tried hard" pity posts that I have to put up with everywhere else since we're a **** team again.

Kubiak made some questionable playcalling in his time here. But to go for it on 4th down instead of an easy fg to go up 3 score is his worst playcalling ever. What makes it the worst is he called a run play for a rb that slid short of the first down just two plays ago. It was obvious that Tate wasn't in the right condition to take a tackle and to call a play for him to grind out on short yardage for a first down is ridiculous.

No FG is easy with Bullock lol

No, it's not his worst decision ever. Like, at all. The rationale was completely understandable. Your team is against the wall, at home, on national TV after being repeatedly embarrassed on national TV in recent years, already with a TD under the belt. If he didn't go for it and go for the killshot, he would have been destroyed and referred to as a soft *****.

I welcomed that decision wholeheartedly. It was aggressive.

I guess you stop reading when I pointed out what makes it worst is he call for a play to a rb that didn't feel like getting tackle that day when he slid short of the first down.

If Karim was active, he wouldn't have played. Same as the way Cierre Wood never played when he was active. Johnson only had 8 carries. If they wanted to take the load off of Tate, he would have had more. I don't see them giving Karim any carries and even they did give him one or two, would those two carries have made a difference? Probably not.

I guess you stop reading when I pointed out what makes it worst is he call for a play to a rb that didn't feel like getting tackle that day when he slid short of the first down.

No, I didn't stop reading. The play called was dumb, but the decision was not, let alone his worst decision ever.

1-10-HST 35 (5:16) (Shotgun) A.Luck pass short left to T.Richardson pushed ob at HST 11 for 24 yards (S.Keo).

On this play in the fourth quarter, the receiver 15, ran a slant and picked-off Swearinger clean, leaving Richardson all alone for 24 yards.

This should have been offensive PI.
Can somebody make a gif of the play?

Something tells me had he kicked the FG and missed it, you would be calling for his head asking why didnt he go for it instead of kicking the FG knowing Bullock sucks

Seems like every Texans/Colts game is marred by horrendous officiating. This game, the game in December 2011, and quite a few before that in our history.

Yeah, officiating sucked. Can't believe they let us have the ball even after retard KMart fumbled it and that they missed an obvious roughing the kicker on Braman. The first of which would've given them the ball on our 30 and the other would've given them a 1st and 10 and a 15 yard penalty instead of a punt.

Seems like every Texans/Colts game is marred by horrendous officiating. This game, the game in December 2011, and quite a few before that in our history.

And then there are the other ones, like the infamous Rosencopter game, that are usually better left forgotten.....

Yeah, officiating sucked. Can't believe they let us have the ball even after retard KMart fumbled it and that they missed an obvious roughing the kicker on Braman. The first of which would've given them the ball on our 30 and the other would've given them a 1st and 10 and a 15 yard penalty instead of a punt.

The KMart fumble was the right call, just the wrong explanation by the refs. The Colts' player's left hand was still touching the ball while his right hand was touching OB.

But yes, we got extremely lucky with Braman running into the kicker. BTW, that should have been an easy block. Can't believe he misjudged that.

I don't think Tate slid to avoid a hit. I think he wanted to cut left and slipped. The ref then made a bad spot, thinking he did slide. If they gave him the spot as if he slipped instead, would have been a first.

BTW, if Tate is too hurt to take a hit, that's his responsibility to take himself out. He's hurting the team if he doesn't.

3 straight running plays that resulting in a failed 4th down conversion to a healthy Foster I'm OK with. 3 straight running plays that resulted to a failed 4th down conversion to a healthy Tate is a bad call. 3 straight running play resulting to a failed 4th down conversion to a wounded Tate is horrible horrible call. Tate was never a short yardage guy. He's a downhill runner that needs space and a running start. Add that to the fact that he's not 100% healthy. Add that to the fact that you taking the ball away from a QB that was on a rhythm the pass couple of drives. An epic horrible playcalling on that drive.

3 straight running plays that resulting in a failed 4th down conversion to a healthy Foster I'm OK with. 3 straight running plays that resulted to a failed 4th down conversion to a healthy Tate is a bad call. 3 straight running play resulting to a failed 4th down conversion to a wounded Tate is horrible horrible call. Tate was never a short yardage guy. He's a downhill runner that needs space and a running start. Add that to the fact that he's not 100% healthy. Add that to the fact that you taking the ball away from a QB that was on a rhythm the pass couple of drives. An epic horrible playcalling on that drive.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

I do agree with you, though, that we should have taken 3 there. I don't like making an aggressive play call like that early in the game. Those of you asking for Kubiak to get more aggressive... well that's the bad side to being aggressive.

But if Tate is in the game, and he says he's good to go, you have to play him as if he's 100% and can gain one yard! Also, re-watch the two runs (3rd & 1 and 4th & 1). We didn't get the 1st because Tate appeared 'hurt'. The Colts' DL basically out-powered our OL.

If Schaub was the starter for this colts game would we have won ..?????

because when hes on between the 20's hes the best in the world its only the red zone ours or theres is were he stalls or melts down

that would me Bullock would only be kicking 30 to 20 yard FG in instead of 40 to 50

also how would u think our record at the end be different if matt was starting over Case

because I was thinking Matt made a career on betting bad teams like the cards the jags the raiders and Browns

Back