Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Indianapolis Colts @ Houston Texans. 11/3. 7:30. NBC. **Official Battle Red Thread**

To be the man, you gotta beat the man

t99phf.jpg

The Indianapolis Colts were expected to be the Houston Texans' most formidable challenger in the AFC South.

There hasn't been much of a challenge, but it's the Colts who are threatening to run away with the division.

The Colts will try to overcome the loss of Reggie Wayne when they head to Houston on Sunday night looking to all but end the Texans' hopes of a third straight division title by handing them a sixth consecutive loss.

Houston (2-5) edged Indianapolis (5-2) by one game for the South title last year, but what seemed like it would be a tight race in 2013 has been anything but.

As the only team in the division above .500, the Colts seem on their way to supplanting the Texans, who are facing a potential six-game slide for the first time since Nov. 6-Dec. 11, 2005.

Indianapolis, though, isn't getting caught up in Houston's recent struggles, which include averaging 12.2 points over the last five games.

"There's a saying - to be the champ, you got to beat the champ. They're the champ," linebacker Robert Mathis said. "In order to get it back, we've just got to go down there and handle our business. I've been a part of some division championship teams. They're focused and they want it, it's just a matter of taking care of business."

The Colts are commanding respect of their own after defeating previously unbeaten Denver 39-33 in Week 7 to spoil Peyton Manning's return to Indianapolis before entering the bye.

Despite the impressive victory over the Broncos, the Colts suffered a costly blow as Wayne was lost for the season with a torn ACL in his right knee.

Luck hit Heyward-Bey and Fleener for two of his three touchdown passes against the Broncos.

The second-year signal caller, who hails from Houston, will likely find things much tougher against the Texans. Though Houston is 27th in scoring defense (27.7 points per game) largely thanks to the offense and special teams allowing seven return touchdowns, the Texans are the league's top-ranked total defense, allowing an average of 267.7 yards - 145.6 passing.

"They've got game-wreckers all over the place. They've got a front seven that is as good as anybody in football. They've got probably the best defensive player in football in J.J. Watt," coach Chuck Pagano said.

Luck should be well aware of Houston's impressive defense after he was sacked six times while the teams split two meetings last season. Five of those sacks - three by Watt - came in a 29-17 defeat at Reliant Stadium in Week 15, when Luck completed 13 of 27 passes for 186 yards and two touchdowns, including a 61-yard toss to Hilton.

Luck again won't have to worry about Brian Cushing, who torn his left ACL for the second straight season. The linebacker's latest injury came in a 17-16 loss at Kansas City in Week 7, giving the Texans the bye to prepare for the Colts.

"We had to adjust to that last year," coach Gary Kubiak said. "We'll have to do that again. J.J. is already a leader, but I think it's going to call for some other guys to be vocal. I think (middle linebacker) Joe Mays has got more confidence in what he's doing.

"Unfortunately, we've been down this road before and some guys will have to step up."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/colts-texans-preview-065744077--nfl.html

20g0gv9.jpg

21b0j9h.jpg

2aa0w2d.jpg

What I want to see:

Pressure on Luck, other than Watt

Look, we all know JJ can have a night where he gets his and acts a fool. However, the corpse of Brooks Reed needs to have an uprising. Also need huge efforts from Whit and Ninja. 99 can't do it alone.

Keeping Keenum upright (bring back the Pistol, etc)

While I want Case under center some this week, the sets we saw in KC were really nice to see. The pistol looks thrown out there worked some, so it needs to continue.

Keep Indy's run game grounded

One thing I've noticed about the Colts: They really, really want to pound the rock. However, they have not been able to thanks to their OL not opening up enough holes lately for Trent Richardson. That said, it's a MUST that the Texans keep him down.

Keep up the Battle Red success

Texans tend to well on night like these, so keep it going! Need intensity at the highest level tonight. Offense, defense, special teams, coaching; you name it. Need the fans to be loud and proud (too cliche, but it's true!).

Welcome back, folks! Texans are back, and hopefully with a new focus. This damn losing streak needs to go; it's brought down the whole damn fan base. How bout this, fam: We go 1-0 this week, let Indy know we aren't dead, and paint the town red? Sound good? Thought you'd agree. LET'S DO THIS ****, TEXANS!

Post bye-week, I'm actually looking forward to this game. Gone are hopes of playoffs, but I can't help to feel a Little bit excited about our 'new' situation with Keenum. Brand new World? Not really, but I choose to see it that way :)

Gooo Texans! :)

Please no more primetime embarrassments. Beat their ****ing asses and show the world what we can and should be.

No Cushing, tough sledding. Banged up RBs, yikes. Still gotta win to keep the glimmer alive. We win, and they're only two games up on us.

Cant wait to hear the roar when Keenum comes on to the field.

This kid better know that this is his chance. First impressions are important and the one he made in KC was good, but its time for him to prove he belongs, and that this is his house.

:fans::fans::fans:

Kubiak needs to figure out the RT position quick. The Colts have a guy in Robert Mathis that is on pace to break the NFL single sack record. He could wreck the Texans offense if he's allowed to run free.

Welcome to the slowest day ever.

I woke up first forgetting that the Texans played at noon and was happy because it was 11. Then I remembered it was a primetime game and daylight savings time is over. This is the worst. Bye week + late game.

Case vs Luck can't get here soon enough.

Its the all white shoes/taped ankles most everyone wears that give em the ketchup bottle look. Dre always comes out w a blue/red shoe that makes em look bad ass. A different NON WHITE cleat makes all the diff in the world imo.

I woke up first forgetting that the Texans played at noon and was happy because it was 11. Then I remembered it was a primetime game and daylight savings time is over. This is the worst. Bye week + late game.

Case vs Luck can't get here soon enough.

+ the extra hour today with the daylight savings ending.

Interesting that the helmet has 'horns'. New design, or am I approaching Thorn-like levels of senility ? :)

Don't flatter yourself; Thorn is untouchable . :brando:

I wonder if they can split the helmet half red, half blue to contrast with the colors of the horns ?!?

Easin' down the field like a new Cadillac,
We have a new quy at qb, we have three more in the back.
They sportin' battle red, wearin' taped up shoes,
They smokin' DBs, and getting touchdowns too.
'Cause we bad, we nationwide.
Yeah we bad, we nationwide

Bad Omen all day guys... woke up to a pretty badass Colts asskik'n dream, black cat crossed my path, right eye's been twitching, broom fell over, stepped on a crack in the street...

& I'm not superstitious.

The CBS crew, minus Marino, all had good things to say about Keenum and are picking the Texans.

I have a good vibe about the game. So we're probably screwed. :D

Easin' down the field like a new Cadillac,
We have a new quy at qb, we have three more in the back.
They sportin' battle red, wearin' taped up shoes,
They smokin' DBs, and getting touchdowns too.
'Cause we bad, we nationwide.
Yeah we bad, we nationwide

:clap:

:bravo:

Bad Omen all day guys... woke up to a pretty badass Colts asskik'n dream, black cat crossed my path, right eye's been twitching, broom fell over, stepped on a crack in the street...

& I'm not superstitious.

It hailed for 10 minutes today. I don't know what that means.

& I'm not superstitious.

Weird.

I woke up and a leprechaun let me have his lucky charms cereal.

Btw, meth is a hell of a drug and if you laid off it you wouldn't have the hallucinations, a job that wouldn't involve sweeping the sidewalk, and you wouldn't be all twitchy when you needed fix.

Go Texans.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Weird.

I woke up and a leprechaun let me have his lucky charms cereal.

Btw, meth is a hell of a drug and if you laid off it you wouldn't have the hallucinations, a job that wouldn't involve sweeping the sidewalk, and you wouldn't be all twitchy when you needed fix.

Go Texans.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

LOL, now I know why TK has been all over the place with his posts; I thought he was suffering from bipolar disorder. :brando::kitten:

Ok Texans. No biggie today. If you lose it's the last glimmer of hope going down the drain. If you win there is still a season.

No pressure. You lose, you suck. Love ya, call me.

Back