Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

im done with schaub

Status
Not open for further replies.
These same people that think Schaub does great are also the ones that would go to their grave thinking that David Carr was a great qb too and he just needed help.

Schaub would not start for very many teams around the league. Quit listening to 610 and being brainwashed into thinking that Schaub is some great qb. He's an average qb that can be your qb until you get a Super Bowl caliber qb, nothing more and nothing less.

Watch the game again yesterday and pretend like you are watching the Redskins and Dallas. Forget that it is Matt Schaub or that it is the Texans. Watch the one qb come unraveled and choke down the stretch while the other wins the game.

Doesn't matter if the Texans scored 55 points. The Saints kept coming and scored more. Green Bay had to score a lot to beat the Saints too, but guess what they kept scoring. They have a qb. We don't.

And you are basing this on conversations with all 30 GMs? Almost everything you put in this post is based on your emotion and not on facts.

Fact 1. Most experts put him on the next level of QBs after Manning, Brees, Brady, Rivers, and Rogers.

Fact 2. Schaub has many , MANY times led clutch drives in the 4th quarter. Losing because the opponent gets the ball back and scores doesn't mean he's not clutch.

Fact 3. Yesterday the Texans came back and scored to take the lead late in the 4th. It's not clear to me why you consider that a choke job. QBs never throw an INT in the 4th? Or is not scoring a TD with 2 min left in the Superdome a choke job?

Fact 4. The Texans are averaging 30 points a game. Apparently you believe they are a 40 point a game talent team and Schaub is holding them back. Sorry to burst your bubble, but they are not. Brees had tons of time and guys wide open on those last drives, Schaub did not.

i'm soryy but dude is nothing without AJ. he sucks. used to think he was above average but now convinced he sucks. alex smith is what 4-1? i cant stand this dude anymore. he will never be more than average. our D is solid and dude is out of excuses

If Schaub wasn't in such a great system with the greatest receiver of our time catching balls, he would be bottom ten in the league.
He's like Dante Culpepper, it was katy bar the door.

I have never had faith in Schaub's ability to lead this team effectively. He has no scrambling ability, panics when the slightest pressure is present, and throws way too many passes inaccurately. He runs like a sloth on tranquilizers.

You know the saddest part is he is not getting any better as he gets more experience. I know you lose some physical skills as you age but hopefully your experience makes up for this. I don't see that in Schaub. JMO

I have never had faith in Schaub's ability to lead this team effectively. He has no scrambling ability, panics when the slightest pressure is present, and throws way too many passes inaccurately. He runs like a sloth on tranquilizers.

:spit: LMAO...all we got for now, lets see how the year ends up

What's telling is that Schaub has failed to improve on any of his weaknesses since 2007. I would feel more comfortable with Schaub as the long term starter if I thought he was capable of progression, but it looks a lot like "what you see is what you get", lately. Schaub will never be good under pressure, will never have a "laser, rocket arm", will never be able to function with his AJ security blanket, and will never run a 40 in under 11 seconds. We either accept this or start looking toward the future. Kubiak and Rick Smith will likely have to go before the latter can begin.

You know the saddest part is he is not getting any better as he gets more experience. I know you lose some physical skills as you age but hopefully your experience makes up for this. I don't see that in Schaub. JMO

He's really not. He's becoming less effective as the years go by, not more. I'm starting to think that we may have seen the best football Matt Schaub has to offer.

I'll go one step further and say that I'm ready to see what Matt Leinart can do in this system BUT.... having said that I don't think that a QB change is really the fundamental problem we're dealing with.

Our offense is pretty embarrassing. We have real issues imposing our will on defenses. We have exactly one "special talent" on offense and that's Andre Johnson. Apart from him we got parts that don't work unless they're in the company of..... Andre Johnson.

Arian Foster is outstanding.... when the threat of Andre Johnson is keep defenses from keying on him.

Owen Daniels, James Casey, Kevin Walter are all excellent receiving threats.... provided the defense is using its best players to cover Andre Johnson.

Jacoby Jones is **** on a stick. One appearance every three or four weeks doesn't not cut it. He has no business on an NFL roster and doesn't enter into this conversation.

Matt Schaub is a top-ten QB.... if he's got Andre Johnson to throw to.

We have the best offensive line in football unless Andre goes down. Then they can't keep their QB from getting pounded and can barely open up anything for Foster & Tate to run through.

Andre Johnson is our offense. He's amazing but that's not good enough. Building an offense where one guy goes down and the rest of it becomes worthless isn't good enough. Our offense is weak. They're mentally weak. They fold up like a cheap suit against all but the worst teams and sometimes they fold up against them too.

I've no doubt that Wade Phillips will build the defense he was brought in to build. Even without Mario it will be in the 10th to 15th range. That will be fine but the win/loss column won't get better because all along the dysfunctional offense has been just as guilty as the inept defense.

This doesn't get better until Gary Kubiak & Rick Smith are on their way out of town and no, promoting Wade Phillips to HC isn't gonna cut it.

I kind of want to see someone other than Schaub back there but I don't think making that change will alter our course. The change we need to make is at HC and GM. Until McNair sees that it doesn't even matter what happens at QB.

He's really not. He's becoming less effective as the years go by, not more. I'm starting to think that we may have seen the best football Matt Schaub has to offer.

I'll go one step further and say that I'm ready to see what Matt Leinart can do in this system BUT.... having said that I don't think that a QB change is really the fundamental problem we're dealing with.

Our offense is pretty embarrassing. We have real issues imposing our will on defenses. We have exactly one "special talent" on offense and that's Andre Johnson. Apart from him we got parts that don't work unless they're in the company of..... Andre Johnson.

Arian Foster is outstanding.... when the threat of Andre Johnson is keep defenses from keying on him.

Owen Daniels, James Casey, Kevin Walter are all excellent receiving threats.... provided the defense is using its best players to cover Andre Johnson.

Jacoby Jones is **** on a stick. One appearance every three or four weeks doesn't not cut it. He has no business on an NFL roster and doesn't enter into this conversation.

We have the best offensive line in football unless Andre goes down. Then they can't keep their QB from getting pounded and can barely open up anything for Foster & Tate to run through.

Andre Johnson is our offense. He's amazing but that's not good enough. Building an offense where one guy goes down and the rest of it becomes worthless isn't good enough. Our offense is weak. They're mentally weak. They fold up like a cheap suit against all but the worst teams and sometimes they fold up against them too.

I've no doubt that Wade Phillips will build the defense he was brought in to build. Even without Mario it will be in the 10th to 15th range. That will be fine but the win/loss column won't get better because all along the dysfunctional offense has been just as guilty as the inept defense.

This doesn't get better until Gary Kubiak & Rick Smith are on their way out of town and no, promoting Wade Phillips to HC isn't gonna cut it.

I kind of want to see someone other than Schaub back there but I don't think making that change will alter our course. The change we need to make is at HC and GM. Until McNair sees that it doesn't even matter what happens at QB.

well put

I'm proud to have every player in our possession except Gary losebiak

we're still in it...

andrew-luck.jpg

...let's bring him back home.

No Indy will get because they don't have idiots in the FO. He will get to kick our butts for another 10 years. Sorry but this is my nightmare.

lolwut?

polian is gonna take justin blackmon #1 overall. manning needs another weapon for next year.

Schaub has led us on too many comebacks and has shown he is a leader for me to give up on him. But, he does make too many dumb mistakes at times.
What come back games that had any meaning!!!! Matt Shaub is a system QB and he is average so throw out the statistics because this is a qb oriented system where numbers are easily generated. Matt Shaub doesn't make the offense better and I think that Texans front office is garbage as well they need a complete makeover except for the defensive staff.

If OU's Landry Jones enters the 2012 NFL Draft we need to trade Matt Shaub and start over at the QB position with a who guy who is a proven winner & leader. Matt Shaub is garbage.

to be fair.. we have played two pretty good defences since aj got injured so the problem looks exaggerated right now.

The problem is not that we don't have aj.

The problem is that Matt schaub isn't going to beat anybody.

Load up on the run because shammy is not going to consistently make good throws and will only occasionally make great throws.

The receiving talent is not that bad.

Man look we go through this mess every damn season as soon as Andre Johnson gets hurt the offense no longer can sustain drives that's because the offense is built on one player at the wr position which is sad IMO. Most teams that are competitive have more than 1 wr look at Green Bay, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Atlanta, New York Jets, New England, Baltimore, Indianapolis, San Diego, Dallas, Philadelphia etc. All those teams passing game don't drop off the map when their top wr is out of the lineup like the Texans do. That also says a lot about Matt Shaub he is not a qb that can carry his team he is system qb that put up nice numbers in a west coast offense the will create plenty of opportunities as long as the qb make the correct reads, Matt isn't a leader and he has proven this over the past 4 or 5 seasons.

My thoughts on Schaub...

He doesn't have 'IT' and likely never will.

He's a good QB, top 10 QB but definitely not elite. But he's good enough to get this team to the **** post-season.

He seems to panic the moment he goes under pressure. Sure he's made some tough throws but the very moment the guy is hurried he either...

A.) Rolls out of the pocket and throws it away.
B.) Falls down and takes the sack.
C.) Throws an interception.
D.) makes a tough throw under pressure and makes the play.

IMO I see D rarely but I have no stats to back that up. I see A-C far too likely. Also there is nothing wrong with taking a sack or throwing the ball away...but he does this no matter the situation. There are times where the offense needs to score and taking a sack and throwing it away isn't a 'Good play'. He has to stand tall in the pocket and make some kind of play. We see it from the Elite even if they throw a INT because they are forcing it up...but if you do that who knows what happens? Your WR comes down with it or the defender gets a roughing the passer call...Maybe i'm being unfair to him but all those times we forced the Ravens to force FGs, I see the offense going down without a fight...meanwhile we see guys like Roethlisberger grind through the pressure or see Brees escape from the pocket and make a diving throw and never conceding defeat and I'm convinced that if this team ever wins the superbowl. It'll probably be because Andre or Cushing or someone had a amazing performance and not Schaub.

Still Matt is a good QB and I'm not for replacing him unless we are sure the guy we are replacing him with is a stud.

Schaub is like most qbs in the league. Schaub,cassell,smith, and the other who need manipulation by the coach/system or a plethera of talent. Those kind of qb have limited physical skills to elevate players around them. That's why I mentioned moss,edwards and guys like play oppowit3 of aj. All I head was how awesome a offense they had despite scoring 24ppg.

The way he gives up when touched by a defender is what kills me most.

No fight, no struggle to get loose, just full fetal.

I think Schaub is thinking it's two hand touch.

yeah, but college is different game than the nfl.
Dude look at the teams who have invested in young signal callers we have to start somewhere Matt Shaub is not getting it done he is not a winner period we have had 5 seasons to see it and he doesn't have it period. Look at the qb's that have come out in the past 6 or 7 years the teams made commitments at those positions through the Draft not a free agent who didn't really fit the system that they are running on offense. Matt Shaub isn't a franchise qb that you can build your future on he is just like Tony Romo they will never be more than a system qb that put up decent stats that will make people love them, but never really turning into a leader.

Ben Rothlisberger, Aaron Rogers, Josh Freeman, Matt Ryan, Cameron Newton, Eli Manning, Mark Sanchez, Phillip Rivers etc.

Dude look at the teams who have invested in young signal callers we have to start somewhere Matt Shaub is not getting it done he is not a winner period we have had 5 seasons to see it and he doesn't have it period. Look at the qb's that have come out in the past 6 or 7 years the teams made commitments at those positions through the Draft not a free agent who didn't really fit the system that they are running on offense. Matt Shaub isn't a franchise qb that you can build your future on he is just like Tony Romo they will never be more than a system qb that put up decent stats that will make people love them, but never really turning into a leader.

Ben Rothlisberger, Aaron Rogers, Josh Freeman, Matt Ryan, Cameron Newton, Eli Manning, Mark Sanchez, Phillip Rivers etc.

really?

What about the Brady Quinns and JaMarcus Russells that don't pan out? Not every QB you draft will turn into Aaron Rogers.

Is Schaub elite? no, but he is nowhere near as terrible as some of you try to make him. I know some are frustrated but that's a rebuild move and the Texans are not near that point yet.

I just wished the guy showed some fire and passion for the game. he seems so methodical and unemotional out there.

Im not rdy to hit the panic button just yet esp when this upcoming game will be a very important game

if we can beat

Tenn CLE and Tampa

then all will be well IMO

and IMO Schaub is not the problem right now .... so yall are saying yall want to see lineart .....be the QB ???? IDK about that right now IMO we are kinda stuck with Schaub

Just a random thought, thinking "out loud":

If it gets to a point where we're REALLY dismayed with Schaub (he did NOT have a bad game today at all, to think that Schaub is the problem right now is just so unbelievably absurd) and the guy who brought him here is gone....

What if the Rams really, REALLY suck all the way through and end up with #1 overall? They'd be dumb to not take Luck, even if they have Bradford. Kinda like SD a few years back. What if we tried to trade Schaub, get a pick or two for him, then flip those picks and add whatever else needed for Bradford?

Would a guy like Bradford be better in Houston? He obviously showed flashes of brilliance in STL last year but this year their team has been even more decimated by injury than we are.

Just random babble, with not much thought. What do you think?

If it gets to a point where we're REALLY dismayed with Schaub (he did NOT have a bad game today at all, to think that Schaub is the problem right now is just so unbelievably absurd) and the guy who brought him here is gone....

What if the Rams really, REALLY suck all the way through and end up with #1 overall? They'd be dumb to not take Luck, even if they have Bradford. Kinda like SD a few years back. What if we tried to trade Schaub, get a pick or two for him, then flip those picks and add whatever else needed for Bradford?

Would a guy like Bradford be better in Houston? He obviously showed flashes of brilliance in STL last year but this year their team has been even more decimated by injury than we are.

I've thought about whether or not trading for either Bradford or the Rams pick as well. Bradford or Luck would both be better than Schaub in a few years, but I also feel like this team is built to win now.

However, having said that, I really don't see how using our first pick on a QB instantly puts us in a rebuilding stage as some have said. Out of our 11 first round picks in franchise history, 6 are currently on our team. One of which is Kareem Jackson, who nearly everyone sees as worthless, and another is Mario Williams, who's future with the team is uncertain. I'm not advocating wasting first rounders like we have, simply stating that we can survive without getting immediate use out of our first round pick.

Soo...to sum it all up. Yes, I would look at Bradford/Luck/RG3/any other promising QB in this upcoming draft.

I wouldn't look at any other promising QB. Just Luck or Bradford. Obviously only Bradford b/c we're not drafting Luck, lol.

QB is nowhere near the problem. I'd rather spend our first rounder on a safety or another WR.

doesn't matter if you have 3 top 10 receivers if your QB is going to skip the ball off the ground to them.

schaub isn't the same this year. he's choking because the expectations are high.

he'll compile good stats after the season becomes a waste due to losses at Tennessee and Jacksonville. (you know they will, they have mastered the choke under boobiak)

TJ

Luck is THE perfect Quarterback for Kubiak's system. He's much more mobile than Schaub and would excel in the boot game. He's excellent off play action and is ridiculously accurate with a cannon arm. He's also a passionate leader and is not a coward like Schaub (he has skills, but the guy is a *****...sorry).

I've been dreaming about drafting Luck for over a year now, but I know it won't happen. I would trade all our picks next year for him though without hesitation. Best prospect since Manning and it's not close.

Also the man was is alot of pain today and stayed in there and for the most part kept us in the game.

I don't care about playing through pain. That's an expectation. I don't give him extra points for that.

As far as him keeping us in the game. . . Ok. I don't know if I agree with that, but I don't vehemently disagree with it either.

For me shammy is a level above a jag. Hes not a guy that is going to consistently make key plays.

But today I don't think he played bad. Just not awesome or great.

I think you can catch lightning in a bottle with a rookie QB. Our defense looks good enough to maintain while a young pup gets his legs. I just don't think Schaub has it in him. He has one of the best olines in the game, and he folds like a Saigan whore when people get 5 feet away from him. The good qb's keep their eyes up even while getting hit. Matt just curls up and dies. Then, he limps off when HE is the one who sacked himself.

Dumbest thread ever!!!

OH wait, I mispoke because it's too early Monday morning. Surely someone won't disappoint and come up with a dumber thread before noon. Check that, 8:00 am.

Signed a six-year, $48 million contract. The deal included a $7 million signing bonus and a $10 million option in the fourth season. 2011: $5.7 million, 2012: $7.15 million, 2013: Free Agent

if texans are not going to resign then we must draft a QB 2012 or sign one 2013.

The way he gives up when touched by a defender is what kills me most.

No fight, no struggle to get loose, just full fetal.

I think Schaub is thinking it's two hand touch.

yeah, to see Flacco throwing a completion while two Texans defenders take him down was impressive.

Meanwhile, a Ravens defender gets blocked into Schaub and basically takes him down with a forearm. Schaub was already thinking fetal before contact. You can see it in his eyes. :eek:

Has anyone else noticed brock.osweiler from asu. Big kid strong arm. If he comes out and can be had in the third round I would love it. He probably needs a year or two before he is ready but most obs of the future will, and I can handle schaub for that long.

Also the man was is alot of pain today and stayed in there and for the most part kept us in the game.

I watched Dan Pastorini do this for years. He was in a lot of pain and stayed in there and for the most part kept us in games.

I'm impressed with the man but not so much the QB. By the time the third quarter was over only the most optimistic sunshine pumper thought the Texans were still in the game. Everyone else knew they'd begun their slow, likely pointless crawl to the final gun.

If they can draft a guy like rg3 in the 1st rd, they should. The way he's playing, he looks like a high mid rd 1st rd pick. The luxury they have is they have the time to develop a young gun and let schaub walk. The wvu kid is impressive also when I watch him. Having a guy with mobility and a big arm is key to this offense. The other issues can be adressed via free agency, but franchise qb are 1st rd picks. Brady is the exception to the rule. If you were ranking the top 10, 8 are 1st rd picks. That's just the way it is is a qb league.

Schaub didn't suck today.

He didn't step up and do anything special, but he wasnt awful.

This is where I'm at. I don't think he is a bad QB, I know he's got limitations, but he fits this system pretty well(I wish he'd come out of his roll a little faster on those bootlegs).

Sometimes, he looks like a warrior.... those last two drives in the Oakland game.. & sometimes he doesn't.

But we know all too well, if our pass rush doesn't get to the passer, the pass defense can only last so long... & all most of the time all you need is a split second. But when the team is struggling, we need him to get that extra second. Side step the rush, step up in the pocket, do something.

I mentioned this about Schaub back in 2008. 2009, he stepped up, the whole team did (that was the year Andre was bowling people over to get into the endzone). He looked like he had it. He was making plays from the pocket, when he left the pocket his eyes were down field & he was looking to make a play, not get out of bounds.

Now, it looks like he's saying, "Whew, I've done enough on this play, let me chunk it....." even though it's 3rd down.

Last year, when we got behind, Matt put the team on his shoulders several times, & made **** happen. The Skins game, the Chiefs, The Baltimore game.... he was in the zone, he was the guy we need him to be. Prevent defense, blah, blah, blah we came back to win those games (excluding the Ravens') & you don't play prevent when the game gets close.

So we know he's got it in him. We just need to see him let it out. That guy was elite. This chump we've seen this year, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back