Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

I quit.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Does it matter who they pick at this point?
To buy time before I cut and simply dont give a donut anymore.... yes.

Im not thrilled with what Ive seen, but if they step outside the Patriots "vision" it might give me hope and I will likely give them time to prove the hope is not false (Though it likely would be) before Im done.

Mangler

Toro de España
If Watson bounces, which is very likely, I’m done. I’m not waiting another 20+ years hoping that the home team finally finds that franchise QB, and hope to see a Super Bowl trophy for our city in my lifetime.

My second team is the Seahawks, but I’ve been warming up to the Browns as of late. They have a bright future and are not the dumpster fire this sh1tty ass franchise has been since King Butt Chin was allowed to completely destroy it.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
The team management wise finally looks like it might be on the right track. I don’t care what crybaby kids that just got paid millions think because they aren’t getting their way.

So he didn’t get a say in who his boss will be, welcome to the real world kid. I don’t even care if Watson was told he would, boss tells employee something that turns out not to be true isn’t exactly news. At least for Watson it wasn’t something like, “you’re not getting laid off” or “you are getting a raise.”

Team is bigger than any one player and this BS of nobody wants to play here will go away really fast if they win. Let a new GM and new HC build whatever team they want with whoever they want and not be tied down by past management.

I would far rather keep Watson but if he wants out then yeah let’s go the Patriot way and get him out to better the team long term. If Watson goes then no reason for a stud LT either so trade Tunsil and get his contract off the books as well. Even with JJ get the most you can for him.

The Texans don’t owe any player anything, they were paid very well for their talents and no one held a gun to head a forced them to sign with the team so I don’t buy into this “wasted their careers” BS. They knew what the team was and the situation was when they signed on the dotted line.

I for one am excited about seeing a full rebuild if the right people are put in place.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
As much as I love DW4 as a player, I could never turn my back on the Texans. 1 guy doesn’t make the team and with us getting a seemingly capable GM in Caserio, If he truly wants out, then that means we’ve got a bevy of picks and players on their way here to be able to rebuild this team much faster than we originally thought WITH him. And that can only mean good things for this team’s future..

But man would it hurt to lose him.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
As much as I love DW4 as a player, I could never turn my back on the Texans. 1 guy doesn’t make the team and with us getting a seemingly capable GM in Caserio, If he truly wants out, then that means we’ve got a bevy of picks and players on their way here to be able to rebuild this team much faster than we originally thought WITH him. And that can only mean good things for this team’s future..

To me, it's less about him and more about the current ownership. You work your entire existence trying to land a top-tier QB and when you finally do you screw up the relationship after 4 seasons. Then you double down with a guy you have barely known and continue to alienate your stars over. It's crazy to me and shows a lack of winning spirit. You chose a religious culture above the players and winning. I can not accept that.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
To me, it's less about him and more about the current ownership. You work your entire existence trying to land a top-tier QB and when you finally do you screw up the relationship after 4 seasons. Then you double down with a guy you have barely known and continue to alienate your stars over. It's crazy to me and shows a lack of winning spirit. You chose a religious culture above the players and winning. I can not accept that.
Eh, Watson’s a great talent, but as great as he is, 1, his talent can be taken away from him or diminished in a heartbeat with 1 bad hit. Plus you saw..... we went 4-12 with him having the best season of his career. And no matter what he thinks, Nuk wasn’t going to help that record be much better. I get it from his standpoint, you wanna be put in a situation to be able to compete, but trying to strong arm your owner isn’t the way to go about that.

From Cal’s standpoint, all you can try to do is convey that you do value his opinion but you have to be strong enough to not let 1 guy control you like a puppet. It really is a difficult position to be in from his standpoint.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
As the team leader, Watson is representing the other players.

They owe the fans a competitive product. Not a "culture".
Whose to say that culture isn’t going to be key to a competitive product in the future?

And as far as the other players he’s representing, over half these guys likely won’t be on the roster next year. The only player outside of DW4 that can kind of rest easy as far as being on the team next year is Tunsil. Everybody else?

maverick512000

Hall of Fame

Representing players who JJ himself said didn’t care and didn’t give their best and most are way overpaid and should be cut.

As for the fans they seem to be trying to build a competitive product. Most on here were liking what they were seeing with Caserio till this whole Watson thing started. Now rather than focus on building that product they have to deal with this side show. They fired OB after only 4 games, they hired a GM that, on paper at least, is one of the most qualified and all this with Cal only being in charge for what a year, year and a half.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Did I hear that some college team hired BOB as Off Coor?
Is it too late to give them Easterbaby?

It can help OB cope with the transition.

I think he needs Easterbabys counseling skills. Im deeply concerned with the well being of our ex headcoach, gm, oc dc, water boy, towel boy, offensive defensive mastermind, QB guru, Offensive line samurai, defensive line spartan....

Texazan

Our HOF 34
Ownership buffoonery aside I want to hear it from Watson not a “source” or a “close confidant”. Be a man and let it be known. I’m becoming less and less of a fan of Watson if this is who he really is.

I don’t want him to leave either but this has gotten downright childish on his part and if he has to go then let’s get everything we can and more.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Whose to say that culture isn’t going to be key to a competitive product in the future?
How's that been working so far?
As for the fans they seem to be trying to build a competitive product.
This is what "trying" looks like? JJ seems to be describing the Texans decision makers. They don't care about winning, they aren't giving their best, and are most definitly overpaid.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
How's that been working so far?

This is what "trying" looks like? JJ seems to be describing the Texans decision makers. They don't care about winning, they aren't giving their best, and are most definitly overpaid.

Doesn’t matter how it works now. The team went 4-12 last year & got blown up by 51 when everything was all great in the locker room.

Right now JJ is the absolute LAST guy to talk about someone being overpaid. Yes, he’s given a lot to the city of Houston, yes he’s an icon here, but any sensible GM probably would’ve cut him at least 1 year ago, likely 2.

Mangler

Toro de España

You’re right. I’ll still be a fan deep down inside, but no more buying tickets (season or singles) or merchandise. Now, if Caserio is the GM the team needed and builds a good team I’m sure I’ll come around.

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
Simple
He’s far from a spoiled brat if you know his life story but someone has his ear. HE signed the extension. Why? You’re telling me it took you this long to see there’s an issue in the building??? BS.
Simple. His focus was the contract. His coach was his GM. Had to be a good soldier.

How good would you be for that contract?

And after the contract? Its like waking up with the chick after the tequila wore off.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
True they could but the conversation, at least from my end, was about what JJ said recently.
Watt did say that in general regarding some players on the team. Not all of them. Clearly, he doesn't feel that way about Watson. And Watson doesn't feel that way about all of his teammates.

But, isn't the team "culture" somewhat to blame? The lying. The backstabbing. Looking over your shoulder. Trading away their best player. Giving away very questionable contracts. Turning their backs on players that had contributed to winning. Why bust your arse when manangement doesn't put winning first and foremost? The "culture" led to the players attitude.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Simple

Simple. His focus was the contract. His coach was his GM. Had to be a good soldier.

And after the contract? Its like waking up with the chick after the tequila wore off.
Yeah well, if you were dumb enough to sleep with that chick with no condom and you caught something, you’ve got no one to blame but yourself. And in that regard, DW4 has no one to blame but himself. He signed his contract having a pretty good idea about how the FO was operating. He HAD to know that BoB was not likely to survive a bad season. Dude came into the season on the hot seat....& after the Nuk trade, that seat was white hot.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Simple

He could have gotten a similar contract from most any other team. If his agent had let it out that Watson wanted a new city and it was just a matter of dollars then teams would have been throwing money at him.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Watt did say that in general regarding some players on the team. Not all of them. Clearly, he doesn't feel that way about Watson. And Watson doesn't feel that way about all of his teammates.

But, isn't the team "culture" somewhat to blame? The lying. The backstabbing. Looking over your shoulder. Trading away their best player. Giving away very questionable contracts. Turning their backs on players that had contributed to winning. Why bust your arse when manangement doesn't put winning first and foremost? The "culture" led to the players attitude.
The guy responsible for 90% of that is gone. But clearly Watt feels like the purge didn’t go far enough. But just b/c he feels like that doesn’t mean that he’s correct in his assertion.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame

I agree, partly it depends on if you think Cal and the Texans are trying to change the culture. Me I think they are by firing OB and bringing in a real GM. People keep harping on Caserio doing it “the patriot way” but the patriot way puts winning before everything else so seems to me that is what people want.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
I agree, partly it depends on if you think Cal and the Texans are trying to change the culture.
The corporate culture? Boardroom decision making? Texan Worthy? Is this what Cal is trying to change?

I think Caserio could turn this organization around. He's been a part of a winning organization. But, Cal and his minion have to be completely removed from the equation. Not part of selecting players, coaches, trainers, ball boys. Not part of the draft, trades, free agency. Not part of negotiating contracts or the salary cap. Go play with org charts that have zip to do with the product on the field.

Is that going to happen? If not, this is just another tease.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
I agree, partly it depends on if you think Cal and the Texans are trying to change the culture. Me I think they are by firing OB and bringing in a real GM. People keep harping on Caserio doing it “the patriot way” but the patriot way puts winning before everything else so seems to me that is what people want.
This is why I want to see the HC hiring before calling it a huge mistake.

The Patriots clearly believe the man to be.... at worst competent.

Im not a fan of the hire so far cause at this stage, still looks like nothing has changed.

But for all I know NC is ready to step out of BBs shadow and has his own vision. I will give him a chance, but if we continue down the path of a failed Patriots copy... Im done. At least til they stop playing human centipede.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
I think everyone on this board is "ok" with Caserio.

Cal and Easterby are the problem.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I realized this about the McNair's in 2010 and was called all kinds of things.

When did you realize this about them?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Eh, Watson’s a great talent, but as great as he is, 1, his talent can be taken away from him or diminished in a heartbeat with 1 bad hit. Plus you saw..... we went 4-12 with him having the best season of his career. And no matter what he thinks, Nuk wasn’t going to help that record be much better. I get it from his standpoint, you wanna be put in a situation to be able to compete, but trying to strong arm your owner isn’t the way to go about that.

From Cal’s standpoint, all you can try to do is convey that you do value his opinion but you have to be strong enough to not let 1 guy control you like a puppet. It really is a difficult position to be in from his standpoint.
It really isn't.

Cal listened to DW4 and chose to go a different way than DW4 wanted him too. Now it's time to tell DW4 we will trade you if we get what we consider to be fair value or you will be playing under the coach of my (Cal's) choosing. Cal has to have this conversation before the draft.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

Most of these player wont or shouldn't be here next yr anyways.

Agreed, but I've been saying this about the McNair's since 2010 and posters thought I was crazy when I disagreed about them not being hands off owners.