Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

How would you rank the following units of the Houston Texans based on your 2023 expectations?

They wont be a playoff team in that division. They wont be terrible either. IMHO. I could see 7-10 or if injuries hit, maybe worse.

I was looking at some early odds to make the NFL playoffs and they had Cleveland at #15 on the list so, they're right on the cusp. But I'm with you. Let's hope they have a horrific year!

I was looking at some early odds to make the NFL playoffs and they had Cleveland at #15 on the list so, they're right on the cusp. But I'm with you. Let's hope they have a horrific year!

That’s a wild card team and if they were in the AFC or NFC South i’d agree with that. But they are in the AFC North which is much tougher which puts them with a Jeff Fisher mediocre 7-9 (nowadays 7-10) record like Steel predicts.

They paid a fortune for what amounts to being the 3rd best QB in their division and they have the worst HC of the bunch.

That’s a wild card team and if they were in the AFC or NFC South i’d agree with that. But they are in the AFC North which is much tougher which puts them with a Jeff Fisher mediocre 7-9 (nowadays 7-10) record like Steel predicts.

They paid a fortune for what amounts to being the 3rd best QB in their division and they have the worst HC of the bunch.

Just to be safe I'm meeting next week with a voodoo witch to hex the Browns.

I just started entertaining the idea of this type of trade. To move up to the range of where Marvin Harrison, Jr is attainable, will cost at minimum 2024 RD1, RD2, and 2025 RD1. If the pieces from last 2.5 drafts begin to solidify....this could be a justifiable trade unless Nico Collins has a serious breakout season and takes the need off the table.

If MH has a healthy and productive season with Ohio State, it could easily justify the trade knowing that a productive Collins could stay at WR1 and Harrison would be a solid mismatch weapon at WR2. A healthy Metchie, a productive Dell, and solid production from Hutchinson and Wayne would certainly move the Texans receiver group into NFL elites.

So, all in all....I'd make the trade.

Another player that could be around in RD3 or even RD4 could be Ohio State TE, Cade Stover. This TE can evidently do it all as well. Extremely good as a blocking TE who happens to be a solid route runner and receiving TE. Unfortunately, he's just not going to get the targets needed to bump his draft stock.....I mean, how do you with a receiving room that stacked. He's going to remain under the radar and become a solid sleeper pick in the draft. It also gives Stroud a couple of familiar faces to work with, which shouldn't be a bad thing.
Way to early brother lol. Let’s get this season started first.

Stroud will be the QB.

But there's a good chance it could happen with Mills. Gotta turn some of those 1 score losses into wins.

Agreed. But all three of their wins last season were 1-score wins. Can't expect them to win all of the close games. Or most of the close games. Not until we see if Ryan and Slowick and Stroud and Anderson are real or not. I would be happy if they went 3-4 again in 1-score games, or flipped it to 4-3. But I don't see such an unproven team (both on the sideline and one the field) closing out most of the close games with wins. At least any at the beginning of the season. What I am hoping to see is more competitive games where they have an opportunity at the end. Regardless of the QB.

Agreed. But all three of their wins last season were 1-score wins. Can't expect them to win all of the close games. Or most of the close games. Not until we see if Ryan and Slowick and Stroud and Anderson are real or not. I would be happy if they went 3-4 again in 1-score games, or flipped it to 4-3. But I don't see such an unproven team (both on the sideline and one the field) closing out most of the close games with wins. At least any at the beginning of the season. What I am hoping to see is more competitive games where they have an opportunity at the end. Regardless of the QB.

This is fair, however I think the defense is going to be really good and if the run game improves (Which it should) then winning 10 games against this schedule should be doable

Back