Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Houston Texans V Oakland Raiders Gameday thread RIP AD

See that was just a smart play by schaub. He threw it directly to an Oakland player to avoid any chance of injury. Way to play team first football! :sarcasm:

what more could you have really expected. The guy curls up in a ball when someone grabs the tag hanging from his jersey.
Which wouldn't be so bad if he drew a personal foul on the defense every time it happens -- like Tom Brady can.

LMAO......same old ****.....too bad I let that last play get an outburst out of me in front of my daughter......I'm a seasoned Texans fan.....I should know better.:toropalm:

Schaub gets the poof lion for bitching out on that run :lion:

OMG, how fitting. We are crashing back down to 500 with a loss next week......................

MS should have pump faked and ran it in............

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is our "clutch" QB Mr. Matt Schaub!

Schaub is a *****!!! I mean how the hell does he not run that in? Schaub much have a small pecker if he even has one at all. That was just pathetic.

Also, way to go Jacoby! I love the way he just jumped up in the air where he was instead of attacking the ball and at least trying to make a play on it.

Can we cut this ****ing loser?!? Jacoby is pathetic!

I can't say there has been anyone I have hated on the Texans since HWWNBM but now, I have a fairly long list including Kubiak, Jacoby, and Schaub.

I have always like Matty but that showed absolutely zero desire and will to win that he did not even try to run that in. He had one defended. ONE. Smack into him as hard as you can and run the ball harder than you ever have before. But what does Matt do? He throws a pick!!

**** you, Matt Schaub!!!

I understand that being a quarterback in the NFL is no easy task but can Schuab not process info. fast enough or what? You see a defensive player in front of a WR so why not float the ball higher or motion to the WR to move to the side so he can pass it to him?

Well, I'm an optimist. We're 3-2. We did beat the Steelers and can definitely beat the Ravens.

Trying not to get mad...not sure if I can help it though.

Also, damnit Rackers.

He wouldn't have made it. Huff had him.

Matt had the angle. If he'd have run straight instead of drifting towards the outside he runs it in easily.

I think Matt thought someone was chasing him from behind. Either way, he looked terrible there and pretty much all game long.

schaub is nowhere near a top 10 qb now.

So what is he in the bottom 10 all of a sudden all because he screwed the pooch in this game?? Did you forget about that great play he made to get us in that position where he threw way down the field? Also Vickers dropped that easy pass that should have been a TD and we would have been in FG position later on to win the game. This game isn't all on Schaub guys. He made some bad mistakes, but he also made some big plays. Other guys had bad plays to. Schaub is a top 10 type of QB. Don't be fickle over this, because had he ran it in like he should have, everyone would be all over his jock for getting the win.

I understand that being a quarterback in the NFL is no easy task but can Schuab not process info. fast enough or what? You see a defensive player in front of a WR so why not float the ball higher or motion to the WR to move to the side so he can pass it to him?

I'm guessing he was expecting to be hit. He was getting hurried and hit all game long he probably thought he didn't have much time to create a play.

Well, I'm an optimist. We're 3-2. We did beat the Steelers and can definitely beat the Ravens.

Trying not to get mad...not sure if I can help it though.

Also, damnit Rackers.

What did Rackers do? Even if he did make that other one, it would've been 25 to 23?

LMAO......same old ****.....too bad I let that last play get an outburst out of me in front of my daughter......I'm a seasoned Texans fan.....I should know better.:toropalm:

Schaub gets the poof lion for bitching out on that run :lion:

I told my oldest (daughter - 8 yrs) to leave, save yourself, cover your ears, run for cover....she hid behind the couch - I did not know she was there......she left crying out loud and scared from my outburst..................

He never was a top 10 QB...or even close for that matter. Dude is average, but has guys like Andre, Foster, and OD to bail him out.
He's often put up "top 10" stats, but the stats don't tell a big part of the story. He has some of the "emptiest" 350-400 yard passing days I've ever seen.

When it's crunch time, it seems like there's always that big mistake that turns the game -- we saw several of them in the last drive and somehow STILL almost pulled it out (until the ultimate unclutch moment).

He can pass the lights out and then implode at the worst moments late in the game. In other words, he's Tony Romo.

Schaub's indecisiveness killed that play. It's the last freaking play of the game. When he saw the opening to the end zone if he had just committed to going for it, I believe there is at least a 90% chance he makes it. But Matt hates running, he truly HATES it. Once he hesitated, Huff filled the gap, and by that point it's probably more like a 25% chance he makes it but that is still better than the crap he threw.

Matt STUNK in this game, I mean STUNK. Six tipped balls, poor decisions, holding the ball to long, taking unnecessary sacks, really poor throws, indecisiveness, and not making the plays when they were there. If he runs and commits, the Texans still win one on the last play - but he didn't. He SUCKED this game, one of his poorest efforts since being a Texan when the team needed him most.

It's time to start facing facts. Schaub is an average QB at best that looks better at times because of the array of talent around him, but he cannot, I repeat, cannot, put a team on his shoulders when the chips are down.

So what is he in the bottom 10 all of a sudden all because he screwed the pooch in this game??

no, but he's below 10

i keep trying to defending him but he blows it at times like this.

this was a good game to show people that he's more than just the guy that throws to andre johnson but he never takes that next step.

Raiders 25 Texans 20
54.jpg

And at the 5 yard line instead of having Schaub throw the game losing pick, you kick a chip shot FG to win 26-25.

I should add to my comments, though, that this is somewhat oversimplistic. If we were down 2 in the final drive instead of 5, chances are the Raiders defense plays differently and doesn't play as "soft" all the way down to inside the 20, since they'd have to worry about keeping us out of FG range, not just out of the end zone.

So what is he in the bottom 10 all of a sudden all because he screwed the pooch in this game?? Did you forget about that great play he made to get us in that position where he threw way down the field? Also Vickers dropped that easy pass that should have been a TD and we would have been in FG position later on to win the game. This game isn't all on Schaub guys. He made some bad mistakes, but he also made some big plays. Other guys had bad plays to. Schaub is a top 10 type of QB. Don't be fickle over this, because had he ran it in like he should have, everyone would be all over his jock for getting the win.

Shammy played poorly all game long.

The throw down the field to dreesen was all dreesen. Matt threw it up and dreesen boxed his man out and snagged it.

Yes, if he ran it in we'd be happy, but he didn't. If he threw for a thousand yards a game he'd be the best qb ever. But he didn't do either one of those things so all we have to judge him on is what he actually did.

No Matt isn't solely to blame, but he is definitely part of it.

Schaub can and HAS put the team on his back MULTIPLE times in his Texans career.

Today though? No best WR in the game? All the tipped balls? All the missed timed balls? All of this and that? Not running it in? He was awful TODAY.

just like in the baltimore game last year when lead that touchdown drive and got the 2 point conversion but threw a pick 6 in overtime to end the game.

good qb but he doesnt make it easy for you to defend him at times.

One hell of a game guys, didn't really go the way I expected it to but I'm glad we were able to somehow scrape out a win even with all the penalties. Super Mario going down was a big game changer, no doubt about that...I'm hoping he'll be good to go next week.

Best of luck with the rest of the season guys, hopefully we'll see each other again in the playoffs. :cowboy1:

I'd say he is between 11 and 15..the play to Vickers was a catch-able pass but I blame Kubiak for not having his multi-versatile weapon (Casey) in there for that play...and that pass that got us down to the 5 was pure luck, he lofted that thing like a lame duck...his not running in was a chicken move but the bigger mistake was the throw (it was horrible)...either way he is our QB and we have to get over it and move on to next week

Don't blame Kubiak for Casey not being in there. Apparently he was hurt earlier as well.

Both him and Mario will be evaluated further tonight.

Oh well it was a great game regardless if we lost but honestly without Schuab we wouldn't have been even close to winning that game. ***** all y'all want but the really losers of the game where Rackers and Vickers.

Oh well it was a great game regardless if we lost but honestly without Schuab we wouldn't have been even close to winning that game. ***** all y'all want but the really losers of the game where Rackers and Vickers.

Great game regardless if we lost? Are you serious?

I can't believe you and my dog have the same name. If I let Izzo read your post, even he would say you were crazy. Lol.

Defending Schaub's play today pretty much invalidates your future football opinions to me.

The offense got owned today. Schaub played like trash and kept throwing balls into the ground, the offensive line got abused as if David Carr was back there. We spent too much time trying to attack their fat ass D-line going North-South on them we should have opened the playbook up to have Foster stretch them East-West which worked whenever we did it. The play action was working but we hardly ran that too.

Oh yea, thanks Vickers for dropping that wide open touchdown. Would have been nice to be able to kick a field goal 5 yards out at the end. The injuries are starting to mount up and our lack of depth is starting to show

With 7 seconds you have to get two plays off. On the first play if its not there quickly, throw it out of the back of the endzone

Texans have awesome starters but really bad depth outside the RB spot. And when the RB spot is missing 2 guys, and you're stuck with a backup that should be a 4th stringer, it sucks.

Gotta work on this depth, especially on offense.

Oh yea, I'm glad the NFL got what they wanted and the Raiders got their win following the sad death of Al Davis. That blatant block in the back on the fake punt? Danial Manning would probably be banned from the NFL if that was him. All those illegal touches by their corners all game long? Yea don't flag those, and when you do happen to throw a flag, go ahead and let the Raiders coach talk you out of it. Great job refs

Back