Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Houston Texans V Oakland Raiders Gameday thread RIP AD

Personal fouls take precedence over 5-yard penalties.

a question from something that just happened in the 49ers/Bucs game:

On a kickoff return just now, the 9ers are receiving and are called for a block in the back.

At the end of the play, Howard hits Ginn (who is returning the punt) late. The call is a personal foul penalty, late hit out of bounds.

The penalties were offset.

Is it because the block in the back is a 10 yard penalty? Will the personal foul only offset the 5 yarders?

Great game regardless if we lost? Are you serious?

I can't believe you and my dog have the same name. If I let Izzo read your post, even he would say you were crazy. Lol.

Honestly we could and should have lost that game by a lot more the O-line was dominated, couldn't run the ball to save our lives, a lot of drops and bad calls and we still had a shot with 7 seconds to go. Great game in terms or our guys hanging in there and still giving us a chance.

Honestly we could and should have lost that game by a lot more the O-line was dominated, couldn't run the ball to save our lives, a lot of drops and bad calls and we still had a shot with 7 seconds to go. Great game in terms or our guys hanging in there and still giving us a chance.

Bullshit. That's the "moral victory" argument. Texans fans are tired of "moral victories."

That has nothing to do with anything. Schaub is a fantastic QB, but he, the OL, and Jacoby Jones simply BLEW today.

That's what im saying yes he "blew" today but without him we never even would have had a shot bad play people like to single out the QB but in all honesty it was the whole team that screwed it up today and gave one away.

I hate that we lost, but I felt a little happy for the Raiders afterwards. Seeing Hue Jackson break down after that final play...I can't be completely angry.

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Bullshit. That's the "moral victory" argument. Texans fans are tired of "moral victories."

Moral victory my ass I'm not giving anything just saying they at least gave us a chance instead of giving up like I've seen them do in the past and as a fan a football that was a great game to watch even if my team lost.

DuaneBrown76 Tough loss today. Gotta finish games better. Thank u to all the TRUE fans that keep supporting us we will have a better outing next week 49 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Thanks Duane for being an asshat and for a "great" o line to take a complete game off and almost getting your QB killed.

Quote:
DuaneBrown76 Tough loss today. Gotta finish games better. Thank u to all the TRUE fans that keep supporting us we will have a better outing next week 49 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Thanks Duane for being an asshat and for a "great" o line to take a complete game off and almost getting your QB killed.

It seriously pi$$es me off when the players try to call out the fans ....

Best reply:

HoManThaButcher H. J. C.
@DuaneBrown76 your definition of true fan?No criticism,no voice?Been a TRUE Fan before you were a Texan. #PissedOffTexansFanTweet

It seriously pi$$es me off when the players try to call out the fans ....

Me too. He forgot to add "pick up game check in the morning," in there too. What an ass. I've been breathing the smog in this town long before he even heard of it and I'm not a true fan?

What hapened to the skinny post? Walters got a td on it in the first qt and we didn't see another one all game. I thought that was a staple as much as the zone run game. Not only that, its good against pressure.

Meh, fans can rip into players fairly or unfairly. Players can do the same.

Fans pay to see a quality product, players are paid to deliver said product. If anyone has a voice, it's the fans.

I looked all through the "@" replies to him during the game. Nothing warranted a "TRUE fan" comment.

If he was listening to the boo's at the stadium, they were warranted.

If he was listening to Sports 610, well, that's his problem.

Are you made of sugar or something?

I think I am, actually. LOL.

I come to Houston ONE TIME in the history of this team's existence. ONE TIME. And it pours like Day 25 of Noah's Flood.

The ONE TIME I come here, to watch my first ever game in Reliant, to see my first ever Texans game PERIOD! and it pours rain on game day.

And Mario goes out with a bad injury. And AJ is out. And Al Davis died the day before and now the Raiders have a fake moment to fight for all of a sudden. The Janitor nails all his kicks. The fake punt. Our run game was nonexistent. Schaub screws the pooch at the end of the game, teasing JUST enough and then crushing our souls with one weak-ass throw right into the hands of the defender like he did last year vs. Ravens.

I just. I don't. I mean, what the HELL?!?!? :toropalm:

was it just me or watchin this game on tv did it seem like it took forever to end it almost ended at like 4pm

I dont know about yall but man even in the 3rd qtr i couldnt watch cause i knew some how we were going to lose :toropalm:

Last year it was the defense putting the offense in a bad spot. Look at this game and most of the 1st half when oakland had 6 plays. Instead of being up by 21, 24 pts, they were up by 8.

was it just me or watchin this game on tv did it seem like it took forever to end it almost ended at like 4pm

I dont know about yall but man even in the 3rd qtr i couldnt watch cause i knew some how we were going to lose :toropalm:

I had that "we're gonna' lose" feeling at the start of the 2nd quarter.

Momentum shifted. The Mario injury started allowing Campbell to have more time, and their run game began to get better. And field goals. FIELD GOALS is what scared me. Because all they had to do was just get Janikowski into range, and it was an automatic 3. Bang, bang, bang, BOOM! We're toast.

I think I am, actually. LOL.

I come to Houston ONE TIME in the history of this team's existence. ONE TIME. And it pours like Day 25 of Noah's Flood.

The ONE TIME I come here, to watch my first ever game in Reliant, to see my first ever Texans game PERIOD! and it pours rain on game day.

And Mario goes out with a bad injury. And AJ is out. And Al Davis died the day before and now the Raiders have a fake moment to fight for all of a sudden. The Janitor nails all his kicks. The fake punt. Our run game was nonexistent. Schaub screws the pooch at the end of the game, teasing JUST enough and then crushing our souls with one weak-ass throw right into the hands of the defender like he did last year vs. Ravens.

I just. I don't. I mean, what the HELL?!?!? :toropalm:

Have you desecrated any ancient burial grounds recently?? You seem to be bad luck!

Have you desecrated any ancient burial grounds recently?? You seem to be bad luck!

My wife and I discussed things on the flight back home Sunday night.

We paid $50 each to get into the UFC Fan Expo at the George R. Brown Convention Center this past Saturday. We spent roughly 3 hours there, snapping photos of UFC fighters who were literally three feet in front of us--We didn't stand in line for autographs, we just walked by the tables and got within three feet and snapped photos of fighters we'd spent the past 5 years watching on TV during UFC fights.

We got a seat on the second row of the main stage, and out comes like 7 very high-profile UFC fighters. Forrest Griffin, Josh Koshcheck, Matt Mitrione, Brendan Schaub, Stephan Bonnar, Cole Miller, and Rashad Evans. The sit down and people like me (yes, I got to ask a question of one of those guys!) gets to ask fighters questions and they answer candidly and openly. No coach-speak, no political correctness. Just butt-honest answers from scrappers who fight for a living. It was REAL. It was touchable.

After the Q&A session, Dana White comes out and announces which fighter will be on the cover of the new UFC video game. It's Anderson Silva, and he also comes out to thunderous applause. Just 20 feet or so from me is Dana White and Anderson Silva. Then, two guys get up there and play the new video game up on the big screen above the stage. The guy using Anderson Silva wins, and out runs Anderson Silva who hoists the young guy up on his (Silva's) shoulders and celebrates with the kid. The crowd goes wild.

A guy at the big UFC Exhibit trailer outside in the front driveway of the convention center motions us into the trailer, like a carnival barker asking us to come spend a quarter on a game. We go inside and there's all this museum quality UFC stuff, such as a real UFC championship belt that you can hoist upon your shoulder and have your own photo made with it. The carnival barker comes up to us and gives a free DVD of UFC 47 event, just says "I think you'll enjoy this." No strings attached.

I liked the Texans game, even though we lost. It was unique. But I think the next time the UFC is in Dallas, my wife and I are going to shell out several hundred dollars (maybe even a grand or so) and get great premiere seats at the Dallas event. The environment and the showmanship and the way the fans like me were catered to at the fan expo...it made me more of a fan thanI already was, and I was a BIG fan to begin with.

In the fights, if I see great competition I am happy, No matter which fighter wins, even if my guy loses, I am amazed at the outcome and happy that it ended with a bang. The feeling I had, as we sprinted out of Section 353 right after Schaub tossed the interception at the goal line was hard to swallow and difficult to forget. I still suffer some lingering after-effects of it. I have invested so much emotional energy into this team.

All I know is that THIS right here, honestly, is the only thing keeping me sane. Without this message board, without the relationship with people like you--even though it's a virtual relationship--is what keeps me around. Otherwise, I would have packed it up and said the Texans can find some other schmucks to fool every season with false hope and hype.

I'm very close to not even caring about them. Win or lose next Sunday, I'm sapped and I'm worn out from it. I can't imagine what it's like to be a season ticket holder and experience this "stuff" on a regular basis. After watching the collective fan base at Reliant pour their hearts out and scream for 3+ hours for the players to succeed, and to watch several bone-headed plays and decisions cost us the win in a league where every win or loss counts BIG TIME toward the ultimate goal...it was sickening to be there in person and to know that thousands of ticket holders continue to suck it up and go there and repeatedly support them. My hat's off to you guys. It seriously is. It was an eye-opening experience to find parking, walk a couple of miles to the stadium in the rain, walk a ways to the seats, pay for the tickets, pay for the food and drinks, get rowdy all game long, and then bolt out of there to beat the traffic out. It's an exercise I couldn't repeat every year in perpetuity.

You guys who stick it out, you amaze me. My hat is off to you. :cowboy1:

Texans vs. Raiders: 10:00 central (now) NFL Turning Point on VSHD - NBC Sporst on 649 Comcast.

Raider player on the sidelines yelling: "They don't wanna play 4 quarters!."

Back