Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans @ San Francisco 49ers. 7:30. 10/6. NBC. **Official GameDay Thread**

hradhak

Veteran
I'm not sure Kubiak's thinking. He takes out AJ, but leaves Foster and Duane Brown?
A lot of our backups need more reps.

TexansFight

Veteran
Take it easy, Francis. You don't know the man. Ease off the personal insults.
I do know the man. He is a stubborn, arrogant man that doesn't not make adjustments, sticks with horrible assistants that needed to be fired years ago (Mariano and the garbage DCs he had before Wade). He would rather let the ship sink than accept when he is dead wrong like he is with Schaub. I have no respect for him at all. He is absolute garbage.

eriadoc

Texan-American
LOL, Collinsworth just said the game was won by Vic Fangio and the 49ers defense. I beg to differ. This game was won by Matt Schaub.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Yates will probably look better with a full week of practice with the first team. Still he's got a lot more zip on the ball that Schaub.
It really doesn't matter. Schaub has been who he's been for some time now. If we think Kubiak can get Schaub to the Super Bowl.. no reason to believe he can't get Yates or Keenum to the Super Bowl, as long as they don't do anything stupid.

It's hard to see Matt refraining from being stuped right now. I don't know why he's playing so badly, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Now if Yates goes out there & do stuped crap, then he does stuped crap & we're not going anywhere.

So I'm not saying we're going to the Super Bowl with Yates. Or Keenum.

Chances are we're going to St Louis with Matt. We're going to win, I doubt Matt will look good while we do it.

We're going to beat KC. The Defense is going to pitch a shut out. Schaub won't look any better.

Basically, our play off hopes will look mathematically possible, then we're going to stumble in December.

Kubiak needs to get past his belief that Schaub can get back, he needs to go forward with either Keenum or Yates, I really don't care which. whoever he thinks gives us the best shot & start getting him & the team ready for December & hopefully January.

I do know the man. He is a stubborn, arrogant man that doesn't not make adjustments, sticks with horrible assistants that needed to be fired years ago (Mariano and the garbage DCs he had before Wade). He would rather let the ship sink than accept when he is dead wrong like he is with Schaub. I have no respect for him at all. He is absolute garbage.
Gary Kubiak is actually an exceptional human being.

My father knows him quite well and he always tells me how good of a guy he is. My dad does not give compliments when unwarranted either.

hot pickle

Canada Eh
HAHAAH as fans that support and spend money on a team, we deserve to have a product that is acceptable, and if it is not we have the right to criticize the product

Showtime100

Got JJ?
LOL, Collinsworth just said the game was won by Vic Fangio and the 49ers defense. I beg to differ. This game was won by Matt Schaub.
Lol....Yeah.

Maybe he was trying to get off Schaub's back a little bit. Collinsworth is the first announcer that I'm aware of that even did enough homework to know Schaub is the problem.

I understand you do not care for him as a coach or personnel manager, but that is pretty awful. You should work on separating personal from professional evaluations.

Vinny

shiny happy fan
I honestly don't know what to say. Im just speechless
Perhaps it's in the foreshadowing. My 10yo daughter was singing along with the National Anthem. The camera panned over to Kubiak and she asked me why that guy looked so confused.

HAHAAH as fans that support and spend money on a team, we deserve to have a product that is acceptable, and if it is not we have the right to criticize the product
I agree, but labeling Kubiak a bad person could not be further from the truth.

A bad head coach... That's a different story.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
Perhaps it's in the foreshadowing. My 10yo daughter was singing along with the National Anthem. The camera panned over to Kubiak and she asked me why that guy looked so confused.
Help me out, there, Vin. How DOES one re-word the phase "head up his ass" to a 10-year-old anyway? :D

waynegg

Waterboy
Lol....Yeah.

Maybe he was trying to get off Schaub's back a little bit. Collinsworth is the first announcer that I'm aware of that even did enough homework to know Schaub is the problem.
Sure it's not that Collinsworth would be very happy to see the Texans keep playing like this?

Showtime100

Got JJ?
Sure it's not that Collinsworth would be very happy to see the Texans keep playing like this?
If you are asking me if Collinsworth has it in for the Texans for whatever reason, I would say no, he doesn't. I could be wrong. Want to hear an announcer that hates the Texans? Dan Dierdorf.

If there were a list of announcer-Texan haters I don't think Collinsworth breaks the top 10. Just my opinion.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Man, I hate for the season to be over with this early. It's bad enough during the off season. Has Kubiak been fired yet?

silvrhand

All Pro
And this is sad.....defenses know kubiak's playcall and schaub's reads before they even make them...
We have always been a finesse/gimmick offense, the problem is the gimmick is up and it's now on us.

We can run the ball effectively still.
We don't have a deep threat, which means secondary isn't scared.
We don't have a QB that can scramble, he just falls down on his own.
We are getting bullied by the secondary after they figure out he above, they just sit on the short routes and play aggressively.

We lack a receiver that can consistently beat man coverage now.

Bulls on Parade

2017 Astros: Earn It!
Well, woke up and read the news. Schaub is still our starting quarterback. Smh.
Yeah, Gary Kubiak pretty much said that in the interview I watched last night. He seems confident Schaub is going to turn it around. We'll certainly see. The only thing that upsets me is that Kubiak is putting all of his eggs into the Schaub basket. He's ready to gamble on a guy who just isn't there mentally anymore. I admire Kubiak's loyalty but his stubborn ways are ruining this team.

At 2-3, we can still fight back and make the playoffs but I've already lost faith in Matt Schaub myself and I was one of his biggest fans. It took a long time to convince me he was done, but I'm on board with everybody else wanting him replaced as the starter.

eriadoc

Texan-American
Yeah, Gary Kubiak pretty much said that in the interview I watched last night. He seems confident Schaub is going to turn it around. We'll certainly see. The only thing that upsets me is that Kubiak is putting all of his eggs into the Schaub basket. He's ready to gamble on a guy who just isn't there mentally anymore. I admire Kubiak's loyalty but his stubborn ways are ruining this team.

At 2-3, we can still fight back and make the playoffs but I've already lost faith in Matt Schaub myself and I was one of his biggest fans. It took a long time to convince me he was done, but I'm on board with everybody else wanting him replaced as the starter.
He's ready to gamble away another year of 52 other men - their careers, their opportunities, and their bodies.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I'm really starting to get upset with the radio coverage of Matt's interceptions last night. I've even got people coming to me today saying Kubiak is too predictable & DBs are sitting on our routes.

That's not what happened. If we're predictable, fine. I can live with that. I don't like it. But I would be expecting something to be done about the predictability.

What I saw last night, was that between the time Schaub decided to throw the ball & the ball left his hand, someone recognized where he was about to throw the ball & jumped the route.

The pick six, the guy covering DeAndre stumbled, thought he was beat. He looked at the QB, realized the ball was coming his way & jumped Andre's route.

The one their safety should have caught, he saw Matt was about to throw the ball... jumped the route.

The one Andre saved from being Matt's 5th pick 6, the DB was behind him.... 4 yards. He saw Matt load up & jumped the route.

The one the big defensive lineman picked...... he was reading Schaub the whole way, jumped Graham's route.

It's not predictability. It's Matt's slow decision making process & slow delivery/release.

If he had enough confidence in his protection (which was pretty good last night) to pump fake..... we could use that to our advantage.

DX-TEX

#TomSavageDontCare
I keep searching the internet for comments, quotes anything but there is literally nothing out there from last night. I just can not imagine anyone in the organization is ahppy right now and usually something gets out.

Im just looking for hope.