Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans @ San Diego Chargers. 9:20. 9/9. ESPN. **Official MNF Thread**

haha no sweat TK, i have grown to like your outlook on things. Was hoping you would see that post haha. Just pickin at ya

Every now & then, someone will comment that I say things just to get a reaction.

I've never denied it.

I like to think of it as gauging perception.

You left off the next step which I find to be the most annoying which is to then turn around to anyone who dares contradict the point and call them homers, apologists or lacking in football knowledge.

For all the new members. If you are catching static it is not about the message (opinions around here run the full gamut), it is the manner in which the message is delivered.

Happens every year, we should be used to it by now :)

Last few years at least... :)

This may be the best communicated, worst post In the history of texanstalk.

You lay out the arguments very clearly... Unfortunately, they are ludicrous!

1. Schaub never blames or calls out his wrs.

2. No football coach or gm in the nfl would start keenum over schaub- are you wiser than all of them.

3. Schaubs win -loss record, which you assert is a key stat, is 20 - 5 in the regular season since 2011, and not bad before that. Oh, and 1 -1 in the playoffs isn't exactly an irreversible trend.

4. Do you realize that almost every significant historical event had a series of failures proceeding it. George Washington wasn't replaced as commander of continental army because he lost some important battles during the revolution... "Because history repeats itself".

Come on!

Schaub looked better than he has since the first half of 2011... And, he appears healthier and less brittle than I have seen him,ever. I wonder what diet and training things he changed this off-season. He was almost....... Cough.... Nimble!
Folks didn't like my thoughts on Carr back in 2005-2006. See how that turned out. Schaub connects, there's no disputing that, but most of those passes are in the dirt, well over their head, or behind them forcing the receiver to make a spectacular play on the ball. There's no disputing that either. Watch film if you have too many stars in your eyes. A truly accurate passer would allow for more yardage per connection because the receiver wouldn't have to break stride.
And there were 3 teams wanting Keenum for their starting position had he been cut.

Folks didn't like my thoughts on Carr back in 2005-2006. See how that turned out.

Don't go thinking you're the only one who knew how bad a QB David Carr was & don't go think all of us here were homers & ignored his bad play. I had those conversations here, with some of these guys that were here then. I can tell you who the homers are, but for now I'll just say you aren't arguing with any of them now.

Schaub connects, there's no disputing that, but most of those passes are in the dirt, well over their head, or behind them forcing the receiver to make a spectacular play on the ball. There's no disputing that either. Watch film if you have too many stars in your eyes. A truly accurate passer would allow for more yardage per connection because the receiver wouldn't have to break stride.

Except when you realize his completion percentage on those long throws is actually better than those guys hitting their receivers in stride.

I am not a big fan of his ball placement & I've mentioned it here, for years. Not at all what I like to see, but if the Texans keep winning, remain at the top of the league in scoring & yardage... I'm going to back up a little bit & see if I can understand why he does what he does.

Like you said, it happens too often to be an accident. He's got to be doing it on purpose.

And there were 3 teams wanting Keenum for their starting position had he been cut.

I'm sure there were.

GM: "Hey anonymous HC, I like that Keenum guy. What do you say we snag him off the waiver so he can start for our team?"

HC: "You know anonymous GM, I was thinking the same thing, but if I were Houston I wouldn't cut him. Why don't we offer them a future draft pick.... I'd be willing to spend a first round pick on a starting QB, I bet they'll take a 2nd, maybe two 2nds."

GM: "You're right anonymous HC, a future first would be a steal... but let's wait to see if he goes to waivers."

HC: "Surely you don't think we're the only ones looking at Case Keenum. If he goes to waivers, waynegg knows 2 other teams that wants him as a starter."

GM: "C'mon, waynegg's talking out of his ass.... heck, you & I aren't real, that's why I'm calling you anonymous HC... think about it; a starting QB."

Folks didn't like my thoughts on Carr back in 2005-2006. See how that turned out. Schaub connects, there's no disputing that, but most of those passes are in the dirt, well over their head, or behind them forcing the receiver to make a spectacular play on the ball. There's no disputing that either.

You are right. Anyone whose eyeballs are not swimming in Koolaid has seen that throughout Schaub's time here we have hands down had the best set of receivers in the league.

Watch film if you have too many stars in your eyes. A truly accurate passer would allow for more yardage per connection because the receiver wouldn't have to break stride.

Wow you are on a roll - spot on again. It was pathetic last year that he was only 10th on ypa. If he had been at his career average, he would have been 5th and if he could have just pulled off his 2011 level he would have been 1st by a large margin.

Really, do tell - who were these teams and what is your source?

Anyone else get the feeling that waynegg and leawood hustla are the same person with a split personality? Is it possible that Sybil has invaded our board?

:popcorn: :crazy:

Folks didn't like my thoughts on Carr back in 2005-2006. See how that turned out. Schaub connects, there's no disputing that, but most of those passes are in the dirt, well over their head, or behind them forcing the receiver to make a spectacular play on the ball. There's no disputing that either. Watch film if you have too many stars in your eyes. A truly accurate passer would allow for more yardage per connection because the receiver wouldn't have to break stride.

Not saying you're wrong. There's no way to know for sure. I *think he may have* been picked up but there's no certainty that it would have happened.

What 3 teams called you Rick? Source? Or mere speculation? If it's just speculation, why stop at only 3 teams?

Don't go thinking you're the only one who knew how bad a QB David Carr was & don't go think all of us here were homers & ignored his bad play. I had those conversations here, with some of these guys that were here then. I can tell you who the homers are, but for now I'll just say you aren't arguing with any of them now.

Except when you realize his completion percentage on those long throws is actually better than those guys hitting their receivers in stride.

I am not a big fan of his ball placement & I've mentioned it here, for years. Not at all what I like to see, but if the Texans keep winning, remain at the top of the league in scoring & yardage... I'm going to back up a little bit & see if I can understand why he does what he does.

Like you said, it happens too often to be an accident. He's got to be doing it on purpose.

I'm sure there were.

GM: "Hey anonymous HC, I like that Keenum guy. What do you say we snag him off the waiver so he can start for our team?"

HC: "You know anonymous GM, I was thinking the same thing, but if I were Houston I wouldn't cut him. Why don't we offer them a future draft pick.... I'd be willing to spend a first round pick on a starting QB, I bet they'll take a 2nd, maybe two 2nds."

GM: "You're right anonymous HC, a future first would be a steal... but let's wait to see if he goes to waivers."

HC: "Surely you don't think we're the only ones looking at Case Keenum. If he goes to waivers, waynegg knows 2 other teams that wants him as a starter."

GM: "C'mon, waynegg's talking out of his ass.... heck, you & I aren't real, that's why I'm calling you anonymous HC... think about it; a starting QB."

Shoulda read the rest of the thread before lobbing a shot across wayneg's bow.

Yours was much better. msr ^)

I admire your loyalty, Mrs. Keenum.

Lol....this is all but like 1-3 qb's in the league dude.....Go watch more football.

thats actually # 46 Weeks, not meyers, but yes from up here looks obvious, but how many times have the texans ran a fake in the past ???

Thanks for the correction (I knew that, but my brain didn't engage my fingers. lol.)

You're right about the unexpected, but that's part of what STs Ds should be trained to look for.

Should the Chargers have known that the fake punt was coming? Look at where Keo is set..........then look at Meyers' set position.

No. It's pretty much how the formation looks. Here's an actual punt in the 4th quarter.

b03252c5970cbf90f405b0b7b2bd8ee54f8ce9a.jpg

No. It's pretty much how the formation looks. Here's an actual punt in the 4th quarter.

b03252c5970cbf90f405b0b7b2bd8ee54f8ce9a.jpg

On the fake punt Weeks had his left foot distinctly back, angling his whole body towards Keo. In the shot you've posted, his feet are parallel to the goal line but his body is slightly turned to his left where he is anticipating needing to positioning to help Smith with his man.

On the fake punt Weeks had his left foot distinctly back, angling his whole body towards Keo. In the shot you've posted, his feet are parallel to the goal line but his body is slightly turned to his left where he is anticipating needing to positioning to help Smith with his man.

Ok, so let's go back and forth with this for days on end. Weeks has his butt pointed more towards Keo in both. Looks like he's going to snap it to Keo in both. The position of his feet look the same, if 37 is not in the way you would see that. Some dweeb on a football website didn't discover something that the guys on the field didn't see. It's the same look.

Some dweeb on a football website didn't discover something that the guys on the field didn't see. It's the same look.

Is that necessary?

(if you're referring to CnD.... if you're referring to something else, pretend I didn't say anything)

Is that necessary?

(if you're referring to CnD.... if you're referring to something else, pretend I didn't say anything)

No, the "dweeb" is the guy on whatever website CnD found the pic. I assume there's a story behind the photo stating that the Chargers should have been aware of something fishy. If so, a total BS piece.

In no way was that at CnD. Sorry for the confusion.

No, the "dweeb" is the guy on whatever website CnD found the pic. I assume there's a story behind the photo stating that the Chargers should have been aware of something fishy. If so, a total BS piece.

In no way was that at CnD. Sorry for the confusion.

It's a borderline observation at best.........not worth us arguing over for sure. :handshake:

a17358e15a10090dfa72f34958ad994a899f7f1.jpg

Even with the camera angle coming from between the hash marks as opposed to outside the right hash in San Diego, it still looks like his left foot is back further than the right and his rear still pointed more toward Keo than Lechler. Got to be by design so that it wouldn't be that difficult to snap it to Keo if a fake was ever called.

Back