Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans Offense- Explosive

While I expect us to have a very potent passing offense, the way teams can short circuit that is to get to the QB quickly. I'm concerned that our offensive line will have difficulty standing up to what most assuredly is coming. IMO, we probably need two more interior linemen. I think one veteran and one rookie would be the best way to go. The rookie would probably have to come in the second round. I'm not sure who/where the veteran would come from. It won't work if he is a second or third tier talent. Not sure how to make that work. I expect the Online will be under duress all year as the quality teams we will be facing try to slow us down. Slowaks natural tendency is to run the ball so, maybe a lot of play action will help. Quick passes will also help to make teams back off on the charge to get to CJ. Just color me concerned.

While I expect us to have a very potent passing offense, the way teams can short circuit that is to get to the QB quickly. I'm concerned that our offensive line will have difficulty standing up to what most assuredly is coming. IMO, we probably need two more interior linemen. I think one veteran and one rookie would be the best way to go. The rookie would probably have to come in the second round. I'm not sure who/where the veteran would come from. It won't work if he is a second or third tier talent. Not sure how to make that work. I expect the Online will be under duress all year as the quality teams we will be facing try to slow us down. Slowaks natural tendency is to run the ball so, maybe a lot of play action will help. Quick passes will also help to make teams back off on the charge to get to CJ. Just color me concerned.
how did Stroud do last year behind the offensive line we had? He seem to do okay. I don't think we can really do much other than just wait and see; injuries happen as you know.
We seem to be a passing team. Stroud OROY with an oline better at pass blocking and 3 very good receivers. Schultz and Jordin probably better than 2023. Mixon should make passing game even better.

Concerned? Yes but not worried.

We have Kendrick Green, Patterson, Kenyon Green, and Quesenberry coming back from injury on the IOL, Scruggs and Mason as well. I don't see them investing that much there as they have some competent bodies to work with and some combo should be reasonable. Finding a OT with Howard's injury seems more likely although not in the 2nd

We have Kendrick Green, Patterson, Kenyon Green, and Quesenberry coming back from injury on the IOL, Scruggs and Mason as well.
I don't believe Q is part of the team any longer, but we do have Broeker and the dude from Yale Eiselen in addition to those you named

How many OLmen will we keep on the 53? Who on the current roster do you think fills those positions? Which position needs to be addressed?

LT...Tunsil is one, and won't be replaced.
LG... Kenyon Green and Kendrick Green will be back from IR. My opinion is that the Texans roll with these two.
C...The Texans drafted Scruggs and Patterson last year. Injuries cut short their development but I believe the Texans stand pat. Also Kendrick Green can play C.
RG... Mason started every game last year and is the starter. The Texans have Broeker penciled in as #2 but he didn't have a single game snap last season. It wouldn't be a surprise if we drafted a prospect in the 6th or 7th rounds to compete with Broeker. The loser goes to the PS. But I don't see the Texans bringing in anyone to challenge Mason for the starter role.
RT...Howard is still rehabbing. Optimistically, the soonest he may return is training camp. Heck is the presumptive starter for the OTAs. We signed free agent David Sharpe. We also have a developmental prospect, Kilian Zierer who is a holdover from last season.

Not counting Howard, that's 10.

There's strong belief that the Texans will draft a RT. But the question is, what round? If they do so, will a rookie challenge for the starter role? Zierer or Sharpe would be the odd man out. Zierer could go to the PS.

This is the OL position group as it currently stands. Comments?

Last edited:
This is the OL position group as it currently stands. Comments?
Have you looked at the depth Chart the official site has? I know it doesn't mean anything but it does have Dieter Eiselen listed as backup at C and RG. I wouldn't count too much on Sharpe. I still think RT in the draft or late FA signing is likely.

I don't believe Q is part of the team any longer, but we do have Broeker and the dude from Yale Eiselen in addition to those you named
That would be Dieter Eiselen; undrafted free agent in 2020. Signed by the Texans last August. Signed a two year extension Feb 24. He's listed as a C/G.

I missed him in listing above. If he sticks, he'd have to beat out Broeker.

Reactions: JB
That would be Dieter Eiselen; undrafted free agent in 2020. Signed by the Texans last August. Signed a two year extension Feb 24. He's listed as a C/G.

I missed him in listing above. If he sticks, he'd have to beat out Broeker.
He will probably spend the year on PS along with Zierer

In addition to the talent we also need a good plan to handle the blitz. We have to know how to pick them up, especially in situations where they aren't expecting them or are wrong about where it's coming from. It's been a long time since this team handled the blitz well on a consistent basis.

In addition to the talent we also need a good plan to handle the blitz. We have to know how to pick them up, especially in situations where they aren't expecting them or are wrong about where it's coming from. It's been a long time since this team handled the blitz well on a consistent basis.
Fortunately, we have a HC who knows ALL about blitzing!

Back