Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans Offense- Explosive

Some players can mask over and sabotage any good their play brings with attitude issues. What happens when things aren't going SD's or the Texans way? What kind of issues could SD prima donna behavior cause?
Couldn't care less. We've got a window. Diggs can help with that. Vikings got two years out of him. Bills got two years out of him. If we get two years out of him we'll probably be in the Super Bowl.

If not, I'll be looking for a reason to dump him

Well, I saw that he is a rental trade. I wonder if that is more a prenup for the Texans.

Make sure you get 110% considering he could enter FA again and wouldn't want to spend the one year being a problem.

What the he77.

Not feeling so good about this trade now.

Still love the init2winit Super Bowl or bust attitude, but dam.

I hope Nick knows what he's doing.

Diggs immediately becomes the best route runner on the team. When he and CJ develop a little chemistry (which I anticipate will happen before the the end of September, you better be prepared to see the ball go to Diggs a hell of a lot on crucial 3rd downs/etc... Noah Brown was a nice piece for us last year. I am thankful for him. However, he is a #4 or #5 receiver for a championship squad. Diggs is a difference-maker of the kind that we did not have: a veteran who is a gifted route runner with physicality and intelligence, who expects to make the play.
Didn't work out in Minnesota and did not work out in Buffalo. Neither of which won a Super Bowl. Head cases can do more damage than good with the way they affect their teammates. I hope it works out but his personality issues aren't summed up as isolated incidents! Heres hoping for the best! Go Texans!

Texans offense is going to cause nickel corners to have nightmares this season.
Depending on how they're lined up, you can attack the nickel corner with Diggs who's one of the best route runners in the league, Collins who has a physical advantage on almost any CB being 6'4", or Dell who can lose a corner in a phone booth.

I’m sure hoping Caserio and Ryans add RB- Jaylan Wright (Tennessee) and WR/KR- Anthony Gould (Oregon State) to the Texans offense. They’re both 4.3-40 guys who’d bring toughness and speed to this offense.

Give me a 4 wide set with Collins, Diggs, Dell, Gould, and someone is going to get open for big yards. Now include Wright in this package and possibilities become pretty enticing. That would be explosive.

I’m sure hoping Caserio and Ryans add RB- Jaylan Wright (Tennessee) and WR/KR- Anthony Gould (Oregon State) to the Texans offense. They’re both 4.3-40 guys who’d bring toughness and speed to this offense.

Give me a 4 wide set with Collins, Diggs, Dell, Gould, and someone is going to get open for big yards. Now include Wright in this package and possibilities become pretty enticing. That would be explosive.
If you want to get to the end zone why not a guy like Blake Corum?

If you want to get to the end zone why not a guy like Blake Corum?

Corum’s size and speed (4.53-40) may not translate to the same TD production he enjoyed at the collegiate level. Wright’s 4.38-40 speed translates to the NFL….not to mention his ability to get around the corner or be an effective weapon on screen passes. He’s also a willing blocker in the backfield.

Corum’s size and speed (4.53-40) may not translate to the same TD production he enjoyed at the collegiate level. Wright’s 4.38-40 speed translates to the NFL….not to mention his ability to get around the corner or be an effective weapon on screen passes. He’s also a willing blocker in the backfield.
1/2 of his 2023 touchdowns would be 14 and if he can bring that, I don't give a patouie about his blocking. That's the way I feel about wide receivers blocking also.

Corum's vision behind the line is very good as is his jump cut.
He is also effective in goal-to-go situations.
He scored more TDs than any other of this years entire crop of RBs.
Size is no barrier either - he is bigger than some recent successful RBs.
Darren Sproules was 5'6", Maurice Jones Drew was 5'7". Corum is 5'8".
Devon Singletary is 5'7".
40 times?
Sproules 4:49 Played 14 years! 190 lbs
MJD 4:39 207lbs Played 9 years
Singletary 4:66 207lbs
Blake Corum 4:53 213lbs. He scored 59 TDs the last 3 years - compare those stats!

Last edited:
Can't predict injuries
If an nfl prospect receiver runs a 5.1 in the 40, you can predict he won’t have an impactful rookie season, let alone career. Same with a line man but I guess bench reps aren’t important because he finished dead last and still was a 1st round pick

Like this idea too

If an nfl prospect receiver runs a 5.1 in the 40, you can predict he won’t have an impactful rookie season, let alone career. Same with a line man but I guess bench reps aren’t important because he finished dead last and still was a 1st round pick
Gotta draft the right guys, Sometimes you miss, but I wonder how things would've worked out IF Linderbaum had been the pick instead of Green. BL was hotter on Linderbaum than I was.

Tell me which Texans OL are going to miss games next season and how many are they going to miss? Then I can tell you how the draft should go.

You all should see this....EJON0846000H PRO BRA MUL VID ThatsRich FriendsGathering MAB MOV X X HORZ 15s (youtube.com)

I knew some of this stuff but I thought it was blown out of proportion and was more of an isolated incident when it hasn't been either of those things. Some players can mask over and sabotage any good their play brings with attitude issues. What happens when things aren't going SD's or the Texans way? What kind of issues could SD prima donna behavior cause?

I am not bringing this up because I prefer we draft a wr instead of signing a veteran. I just have doubts about SD personally. Please read the comments about SD and see what his fans are saying? I think their comments have some validity and they aren't simply bitter about losing SD!

curious... did he personally fvck you over??

Looking at comparable offenses recently with three quality WRs and a quality TE. Along with a productive RB. I am looking at the 2020 Bucs and 2021 Bengals when setting expectations for the offense this season:

You all should see this....EJON0846000H PRO BRA MUL VID ThatsRich FriendsGathering MAB MOV X X HORZ 15s (youtube.com)

I knew some of this stuff but I thought it was blown out of proportion and was more of an isolated incident when it hasn't been either of those things. Some players can mask over and sabotage any good their play brings with attitude issues. What happens when things aren't going SD's or the Texans way? What kind of issues could SD prima donna behavior cause?

I am not bringing this up because I prefer we draft a wr instead of signing a veteran. I just have doubts about SD personally. Please read the comments about SD and see what his fans are saying? I think their comments have some validity and they aren't simply bitter about losing SD!
Therein lies the beauty of the Caserio trade for Diggs. Should Diggs cause any drama or distractions, Nick can just let him walk on to another team once the season comes to a close. Said team will have to pay a hefty price for his services. Don’t ignore the fact that Nick gained a couple of draft picks which can be used to move up in the 2025 draft. Should Diggs turn out to be a good leader/teammate then it’s a double win for the Toros and Nick will be instantly regarded as one of, if not the best, GM in the league! I believe that our offense will be able to go toe to toe with the Chiefs and possibly overpower them once the draftees and UFAs are signed.

Just relax and enjoy the ride that the 2024 season is about to take us on. AFCCG, or maybe our first Super Bowl appearance? Lawd, can’t believe we can even go there now. This is only the beginning of great things to come for Houston Football!

Put Wright with SD/Tank/Collins and Schultz and that's the weapons Stroud needs to make this a Dolphins type offense.

I hope it works out. However his issues took place with two teams. This has nothing to do with me personally. I like the deal Nick Caserio signed SD to so my concerns are a lot less than they were before I saw the contract details.

...throw that good vibe out into the universe. We're all tired of the longterm ****-stain the Texans WERE for the better part of ~2 decades... (yeah, there's been some good-great years with some career/HoF players coming into work day 1 & change the narrative) but I'll be damned if you can't want the best / shift the attitude-needle from negative-->positive for this (what seems to be) a brand new franchise.

This team hasn't just become a "new GM / new HC / new franchise QB / new pro DL stud-SWARM mantra" based team. This football club has turned the league on its head & many decision makers within the org, top-down, all want, have and are willing to do everything to align their emotions with ours, as fans. Its a solid team (on paper: top of the AFC if not NFL, on field: I choose to look at last year while keeping the future in mind)-- glad the guys who were here last year & resigned for this year++ are here, glad to watch playmakers and offense/defense both blowing minds coast-to-coast, glad to know we've got ownership/management/coaching ALL in sync & aligned to be #1.

Man, sell me some fool's gold-- I just don't see how anyone can be down or bet against this team.

It all comes down to CJ'S progression and he has been working his tail off.
Having all his coaching staff in tact is a big factor in this too.

This can not be over-stated, getting Slowik (and his QB coach) back for CJ's second year is tremendously important. I'm actually hoping they find someone this year to study Slowik and become the heir apparent, whether that's Jerrod Johnson or another promising young coach. Based on my expectations for the offensive performance, Slowik will certainly get a HC job next year.

This Texans offense has a ton of firepower.
Gonna be interesting to watch.
Tank Dell is gonna be a star in this league.
He’s pretty much what we thought we’d have in Metchie once he recovered from his knee injury. We never imagined he’d come down with Leukemia shortly after drafting him, unfortunately. 2024 should tell us whete he’s really at now that he has his first season under his belt and is alot healthier and stronger.

He’s pretty much what we thought we’d have in Metchie once he recovered from his knee injury. We never imagined he’d come down with Leukemia shortly after drafting him, unfortunately. 2024 should tell us whete he’s really at now that he has his first season under his belt and is alot healthier and stronger.
I really hope the best for Metchie.

Dude's a great guy and I'm rooting for him.

They don’t have any cheetahs but Slowik found a way to scheme up 75 yard tds to Nico, Noah Brown and even Brevin Jordan last season.

and I think the offense, as it is constructed now, will be really good! However, I don
They can add Wright or Guerendo to fix RB. I'm fine with Nico/Diggs and for that matter Tank as deep threats. What this offense is missing from the Pats offense is Gronk/Hernandez.

I think we have a very strong WR group... but it doesn't have game-breaking speed (Tank is close)... So, as the roster is currently constituted, I agree. We need a skill position player that causes matchup issues with his presence on the field- that can be a special TE... or a RB, IMO.

Steel, what TEs (after Bauers) do you think could develop into a legitimate weapon? The Ohio State TE is more of an inline guy, right?

They can add Wright or Guerendo to fix RB. I'm fine with Nico/Diggs and for that matter Tank as deep threats. What this offense is missing from the Pats offense is Gronk/Hernandez.

I’ll take RB- Jaylan Wright (4.38-40), TE- Cade Stover (4.65-40), and WR- Anthony Gould (4.39-40)….these three with the current weapons (Collins, Dell, Schultz, and Mixon) would be enough to put the Texans offense at or near the top in the NFL.

On a side note….I could be convinced to take WR- Johnny Wilson (Florida State - 6’-6” / 231 lbs / 35 3/8” Arms / 10” Hands / 4.52-40) and convert him to TE. Get another 9-10 pounds onto his frame and he could set the TE market in the near future.

and I think the offense, as it is constructed now, will be really good! However, I don

I think we have a very strong WR group... but it doesn't have game-breaking speed (Tank is close)... So, as the roster is currently constituted, I agree. We need a skill position player that causes matchup issues with his presence on the field- that can be a special TE... or a RB, IMO.

Steel, what TEs (after Bauers) do you think could develop into a legitimate weapon? The Ohio State TE is more of an inline guy, right?
I like Sinnott/Wiley and Reiman most for a WCO.

Although there's really not a game changer other than Bowers in this draft. IMHO

If you're looking for a game changer with the ball in his hands then draft Bell. He could be very dangerous, but I'm not sure how Schultz/Bell would pair up at the TE position. Bell's a better version of Jordan. IMHO

Back