Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans Offense- Explosive

Looking strong.
Went from the worst WR room in football a year ago (according to most pundits) to probably the best right now.
Don't know how teams are going to cover everybody, and with an accurate QB who can read the field ..... man, look out!
Not to mention how all of these targets should open up the run game.

Dream Team

eeyore_3_992af934.jpeg

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Edit
Thanks for posting the details of the trade. I first read as the pick 42 from this draft rather than the Vikings second round in 2025. This makes it even a better deal in my opinion. I was not a proponent of trading for digg's but do understand what he brings to the table. Go nick!

Last edited:
Now we have added (at least) 2 big weapons - one on offense and one on defense. Both Pro Bowlers. And that’s before the draft.

We don’t really have that many question marks left. Oline health and development of 2nd and 3d year players is one, can our DTs stop the run and do we have a CB2? The other ones are pretty small (like LB depth, safety play or our depth at HB and TE). This will be our most hyped season maybe even ever.

Looking strong.
Went from the worst WR room in football a year ago (according to most pundits) to probably the best right now.
Don't know how teams are going to cover everybody, and with an accurate QB who can read the field ..... man, look out!
Not to mention how all of these targets should open up the run game.
I would've preferred we got a stud WR in the draft which is thought to be really deep at the position.

Last edited:
Rookies are question marks. Adding a proven commodity like Diggs tells me the Texans brain trust is indeed in win now mode. I wasn’t so sure about that, but this move completely changes my mind.
Based on the way Diggs played late for the Bills last season and his prima donna reputation, it's far from set in stone he will make a big impact on our team. However the trade was favorable based on what we gave up and got in return. I am not all that upset about it. Even if Diggs plays well below expectations we didn't give up much to get him. If the trade pays off it is all the better! Still there are a lot of promising rookie WR's in the draft.

I am not a set in stone type of person and Stefon Diggs does have a really good track record so I am all in!

Last edited:
Based on the way Diggs played late for the Bills last season and his prima donna reputation, it's far from set in stone he will make a big impact on our team. However the trade was favorable based on what we gave up and got in return. I am not all that upset about it. Even if Diggs plays well below expectations we didn't give up much to get him. If the trade pays off it is all the better! Still there are a lot of promising rookie WR's and to me they are more worthy of the risk!
The Bills stopped targeting him and that’s why he was frustrated. He still caught 107 receptions, had a little under 1200 yards with 8 touchdowns.
The Texans first pick in the draft will be in the 2nd round. If they did draft one at 42, it’s not a guarantee he’ll get burn over Metchie or Hutchinson. Diggs will be a day one starter. He’s still elite as well.

Last edited:
Nooooo! I don’t want him getting blown up. Although it may be safer now, I don’t know…..
He definitely has the jets to do it

the new kickoff rule is designed to do what the Texans' offense wants to do with Dell: get him the ball in space. I don't know how they can avoid putting him back there. That being said, I don't think he will be the only one. They may have some sort of rotation/ perhaps different packages for KR now that it will be a more significant part of the game.

The Bills stopped targeting him and that’s why he was frustrated. He still caught 107 receptions, had a little under 1200 yards with 8 touchdowns.
The Texans first pick in the draft will be in the 2nd round. If they did draft one at 42, it’s not a guarantee he’ll get burn over Metchie or Hutchinson. Diggs will be a day one starter. He’s still elite as well.
Good points.

I would've preferred we got a stud WR in the draft which is thought to be really deep at the position.
Maybe will get one in later rounds? Someone like Brenden Rice who would not be pressured and could develop. If he is there in round 4, I would definitely consider it. I'm also not ready to give up on Hutchinson. Noah Brown is another one who could have a great season especially if healthy and not felt to be pressured.

Nooooo! I don’t want him getting blown up. Although it may be safer now, I don’t know…..
He definitely has the jets to do it

That’s exactly why I have WR/KR- Anthony Gould (Oregon State) on my absolute wish list. He looks like Dell, is a bit faster, and also does the dirty work willfully. He’d be my primary KR/PR man and depth at WR. Like I mentioned, his arrival could make Metchie expendable….in an eventual trade package for DT- Brown (Panthers).

Based on the way Diggs played late for the Bills last season and his prima donna reputation, it's far from set in stone he will make a big impact on our team. However the trade was favorable based on what we gave up and got in return. I am not all that upset about it. Even if Diggs plays well below expectations we didn't give up much to get him. If the trade pays off it is all the better! Still there are a lot of promising rookie WR's in the draft.

I am not a set in stone type of person and Stefon Diggs does have a really good track record so I am all in!

It's far from set in stone he won't make a big impact?? Dude was 7th in receptions last year (107), 27 more than any Texan, 1,100+ yards, and 8 TD, more than any Texan, 100+ receptions 4 years in a row, 1000+ yards 6 seasons in a row.

The Bills also changed OC in the middle of the season where Diggs went from averaging 7.3 receptions and 86.8 yards per game, 11.9 YPR with 7 TD in 10 games before the change, to 4.8 receptions and 45 yards per game, 9.2 YPR with 1 TD in those 7 games after. If a "prima donna" were going to complain he actually might have had a legit reason to.

It's far from set in stone he won't make a big impact?? Dude was 7th in receptions last year (107), 27 more than any Texan, 1,100+ yards, and 8 TD, more than any Texan, 100+ receptions 4 years in a row, 1000+ yards 6 seasons in a row.

The Bills also changed OC in the middle of the season where Diggs went from averaging 7.3 receptions and 86.8 yards per game, 11.9 YPR with 7 TD in 10 games before the change, to 4.8 receptions and 45 yards per game, 9.2 YPR with 1 TD in those 7 games after. If a "prima donna" were going to complain he actually might have had a legit reason to.
Good argument. I am sorry I am not all in enough for you. I simply saw more benefit in going the draft route for a wr but upon many of y'alls arguments I am more on board with your way of thinking. My opinion is flexible! All the positive stats you shared by themselves will not
make me 100% on board with this trade but I am leaning more on the positive side!

The Texans new look offense will be IMO explosive. Might be the best in the league especially if the offensive line improves all around.

Something not to be overlooked from this unit. Playoff experience.

Every key contributor except Dell has started multiple playoff games. Mixon has played in a Super Bowl. Diggs and Schultz have started playoff games for more than one team.

That will come into play in January and hopefully February.

Something not to be overlooked from this unit. Playoff experience.

Every key contributor except Dell has started multiple playoff games. Mixon has played in a Super Bowl. Diggs and Schultz have started playoff games for more than one team.

That will come into play in January and hopefully February.

This is why I want Simmons or Diggs at FS on top of what we have already done. Experience at load stone positions.

You all should see this....EJON0846000H PRO BRA MUL VID ThatsRich FriendsGathering MAB MOV X X HORZ 15s (youtube.com)

I knew some of this stuff but I thought it was blown out of proportion and was more of an isolated incident when it hasn't been either of those things. Some players can mask over and sabotage any good their play brings with attitude issues. What happens when things aren't going SD's or the Texans way? What kind of issues could SD prima donna behavior cause?

I am not bringing this up because I prefer we draft a wr instead of signing a veteran. I just have doubts about SD personally. Please read the comments about SD and see what his fans are saying? I think their comments have some validity and they aren't simply bitter about losing SD!

Last edited:
You all should see this....EJON0846000H PRO BRA MUL VID ThatsRich FriendsGathering MAB MOV X X HORZ 15s (youtube.com)

I knew some of this stuff but I thought it was blown out of proportion and was more of an isolated incident when it hasn't been either of those things. Some players can mask over and sabotage any good their play brings with attitude issues. What happens when things aren't going SD's or the Texans way? What kind of issues could SD prima donna behavior cause?

I am not bringing this up because I prefer we draft a wr instead of a veteran. I just have doubts about SD personally. Please read the comments about SD and see what his fans are saying. I think their comments have some validity and they aren't simply bitter about losing SD!
He may find his azz on the bench to watch Nico and Tank take all the glory.

Well, I saw that he is a rental trade. I wonder if that is more a prenup for the Texans.

Make sure you get 110% considering he could enter FA again and wouldn't want to spend the one year being a problem.

Well, I saw that he is a rental trade. I wonder if that is more a prenup for the Texans.

Make sure you get 110% considering he could enter FA again and wouldn't want to spend the one year being a problem.

This was the expected scenario for any team that traded for Diggs. Similar to the Rams “eff them picks” strategy that won them a Super Bowl. They rented Von Miller for part of a season and he was a key player in their Super Bowl run. Gone the next season.

If Diggs helps bring this team its first Super Bowl he is well worth the investment.

Let's hope. I could also see Noah Brown proving his high points were not a fluke.

Diggs immediately becomes the best route runner on the team. When he and CJ develop a little chemistry (which I anticipate will happen before the the end of September, you better be prepared to see the ball go to Diggs a hell of a lot on crucial 3rd downs/etc... Noah Brown was a nice piece for us last year. I am thankful for him. However, he is a #4 or #5 receiver for a championship squad. Diggs is a difference-maker of the kind that we did not have: a veteran who is a gifted route runner with physicality and intelligence, who expects to make the play.

Diggs immediately becomes the best route runner on the team. When he and CJ develop a little chemistry (which I anticipate will happen before the the end of September, you better be prepared to see the ball go to Diggs a hell of a lot on crucial 3rd downs/etc... Noah Brown was a nice piece for us last year. I am thankful for him. However, he is a #4 or #5 receiver for a championship squad. Diggs is a difference-maker of the kind that we did not have: a veteran who is a gifted route runner with physicality and intelligence, who expects to make the play.

How do you guard 3rd and short with Dell/Diggs on the other side? Two slippery mofos!

A Pro Bowl WR is great, but a draft pick could be anything. It could even be a Pro Bowl WR.

It's simply known vs. unknown for me. Sure, you could draft a Pro Bowl WR, you could draft an eventual HOF WR, but you also could draft a JAG or you could draft a bust.

And what are the chances the WR you draft plays at a Pro Bowl level in his 1st season? Especially a day 2 WR. Hell, it took Nico 3 years to break 500 yards. Still waiting on Metchie. Sure, you got big production out of Tank but sometimes you get lucky and scratch off a winning lottery ticket. That happens far less than people think. 1st round players are 50/50 and that's probably on the high side.

The draft is a crapshoot. I know what Diggs brings to the table.

It's simply known vs. unknown for me. Sure, you could draft a Pro Bowl WR, you could draft an eventual HOF WR, but you also could draft a JAG or you could draft a bust.

And what are the chances the WR you draft plays at a Pro Bowl level in his 1st season? Especially a day 2 WR. Hell, it took Nico 3 years to break 500 yards. Still waiting on Metchie. Sure, you got big production out of Tank but sometimes you get lucky and scratch off a winning lottery ticket. That happens far less than people think. 1st round players are 50/50 and that's probably on the high side.

The draft is a crapshoot. I know what Diggs brings to the table.
That was the joke

Gave him the carrot so Caserio/Ryans dont get the stick.

Back