Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans @ Oakland Raiders. 9/14. 3:25. CBS. **Official Gameday Thread**

haha It wasn't in my memory. It just took me a second to find out.. I knew they've only played three times (2002, 2006 & 2010), so it didn't take long at all to find out.

Just don't google that last time the Texans pitched a shutout until the shutout occurs. These fellers here will turn on ya in a hurry. :tomato:

Jason Campbell (not Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, etc...) led the Raiders team into Reliant Stadium and beat the playoff bound Texans in 2011 (before Schaub was injured). It was just the Raiders.

Never underestimate the Raiders!!!!

The Ghost of Al Davis had something to do with that game, plus no Andre Johnson.

Bouye is a starter inasmuch as the nickle corner is "basically " a starter. Kj is still the starter opposite Jjo. I'm also not seeing Bouye as an improvement over Harris. Aj's been good for a PI & he gets beat quite often. Objectively it's been a wash.

Objectively? Really?

Yes AJ gets interference pentaties. But he also breaks up passes, unlike Harris.

Kudos to Fitzpatrick, who through two victories has:

a total passer rating of 118.4,

and an avg. Total QBR of 88

And while it's probably a little too early to send the man to the Pro Bowl, there's something to said for winning and efficiency.

To be fair that PI he had on the deep ball was a bad call, his timing was perfect and he was playing the ball. If it had been harris it would of likely been a TD and a penalty

And they would have invented some new rule on the spot, to where the Raiders got 21 points for the TD, and the ball on the 1 yard line. :littlelol:

And while it's probably a little too early to send the man to the Pro Bowl, there's something to said for winning and efficiency.

you also have to give credit to OB putting together game plans that plays within his team.

I could certainly get used to this board being a pick-6 free zone, thats for sure.

Real happy with what Fitz has done so far. He isn't a superstar QB, and knows it. Turns up, performs his role, and lets other do theirs.

the numbers don't lie

Just don't google that last time the Texans pitched a shutout until the shutout occurs. These fellers here will turn on ya in a hurry. :tomato:

JINXER!!!! :whip:

Just messin. I was wondering when the last shutout was as well and was gonna post after a search.. but was like "nah... I'll wait"

Yep, agreed.
Old Fitzy is doing a fine job so far. If he keeps playing within himself like this the rest of the way, he might just get a Pro Bowl mention. He's looking better than that other "game manager", Alex Smith.

Fitzpatrick has demonstrated impressive pocket awareness. His success at knowing exactly when to get rid of the ball has compensated for his physical shortcomings.

Oh this has GOT to be a smiley

...and I couldn't rep him either.

In my best Ricardo Montalbán voice...
"I can carry out your request. My price is one million dollars"

dzw488.png

ncpzc.png

Last edited:
Who's doing the trickeration?

I'm disappointed the Texans (seemingly) won't face Schaub. I was looking for some closure.

I'm a little scared of Derek Carr. If he has a good game in him, Carr will want it to be against the Texans.

Shaking my head at the CBS Dallas affiliate not showing the Texans (as usual). Can you imagine KHOU not showing the Cowboys? Go ahead Metroplex and watch the blowout in Denver. You'll be missing the most competitive and interesting game of the afternoon.
What do ya know, it turns out the blowout was in Oakland and the game with the dramatic ending was on the Front Range.

I just saw a very strange stat when I was looking at the standings. We are number one in the league (until the game tonight) in net points. When the hell was the Texans EVER number one in the league in net points? In any case, enjoy it while it lasts.

I just saw a very strange stat when I was looking at the standings. We are number one in the league (until the game tonight) in net points. When the hell was the Texans EVER number one in the league in net points? In any case, enjoy it while it lasts.

I should make a "Why is Ryan Fitzpatrick so awesome" thread.

7vo1V7E.png

Any injury status updates on DJ & JoJo?

For a second there, I also thought Ben Jones may have torn an ACL on the Foster TD, but pleasantly surprised when he came back in the next series. Still wouldn't be surprised if he has a strained ligament.

Sorry but I got the MSR popup.

...I think the mods have set that to automatically appear no matter who tries to rep you
:kitten:

I got him... should have put a big "SHADDUP!!" in the comments though.

I'm also going to admit I was wrong about this game. I didn't think either team was "ready" to score 30 points & thought both teams were going to get some turnovers & score in the 20s. Our guys did a good job of taking care of the ball, the Raiders, not so much.

I got him... should have put a big "SHADDUP!!" in the comments though.

I'm also going to admit I was wrong about this game. I didn't think either team was "ready" to score 30 points & thought both teams were going to get some turnovers & score in the 20s. Our guys did a good job of taking care of the ball, the Raiders, not so much.

From the link to the Raydahs' board you provided....
This team will not win a game this year... prepare your rectums for the first time in this franchise history that they ever put up a goose egg

Hell, the Chiefs are giving the Broncos a run, Chargers beat the ****ing Seahawks and the Raiders get blown out AT HOME by the Texans- a team that won 2 games last year

It don't grt any worse than this

I didnt think it'd be possible to be as bad as they were the last 2 years- holy **** was I wrong.. this team is by far the worst team in the NFL

Congrats Raiders-- you earned it
!

Damn, and I thought *I* was pessimistic...

From the link to the Raydahs' board you provided....

Damn, and I thought *I* was pessimistic...

It does have to suck to be a Raiders fan the last decade or so. But I think we know exactly how that feels, and the Raiders have a SB trip in the same decade. And they got screwed out of one the year before.

If that were the old Texans, the Raiders would fall on it in the endzone for a TD.

Remember the 2012 game against the Patriots?

187zd4onuq9qggif.gif

Football Outsiders have done studies that indicate that fumble recoveries are random. I tend to agree. There is definitely some skill involved in creating a fumble, stripping the ball, etc, but you really can't control how it will bounce.

I was gonna but then remembered you saying you couldn't care less, then there was that post where you quoted me and said: MSR and I've yet to get the first one...:neener:

:D

Sorry, I had rep'd you on something else earlier and it gave me the "You must spread the rep around" message when I tried, which is why I said msr so others would rep you since I couldn't. ;)

Sorry but I got the MSR popup.

...I think the mods have set that to automatically appear no matter who tries to rep you
:kitten:

Hahaha... Maybe on the official board, but nobody that anal here as far as I know. lol

Football Outsiders have done studies that indicate that fumble recoveries are random. I tend to agree. There is definitely some skill involved in creating a fumble, stripping the ball, etc, but you really can't control how it will bounce.

I've been thinking about a rule change on fumbles. When a fumble is recovered by the offense up field, the ball should be down at the original spot of the fumble. The reward for recovery should be gaining possession back, not advancement or even a touchdown.

I've been thinking about a rule change on fumbles. When a fumble is recovered by the offense up field, the ball should be down at the original spot of the fumble. The reward for recovery should be gaining possession back, not advancement or even a touchdown.

I thought they already had a similar rule. When that receiver regained possession I thought it should have been a dead ball where he recovered it... but the refs didn't say anything & it turned into another turnover in our favor... so I kinda let it go.

That rule already exists, but it only applies on 4th down, and the last two minutes of each half, and even then, it never applies to the player who fumbled the ball.

I thought they already had a similar rule. When that receiver regained possession I thought it should have been a dead ball where he recovered it... but the refs didn't say anything & it turned into another turnover in our favor... so I kinda let it go.

That rule already exists, but it only applies on 4th down, and the last two minutes of each half, and even then, it never applies to the player who fumbled the ball.

Dang.... what do you guys have against the "Holy Roller"?? I'd think you were Steeler fans or something.
:D
holy-roller.si.com.jpg

Back