Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans @ New England Patriots. 12/10. 7:30. **Official MNF GameDay Thread**

And we punt... I can read that only one way, Kubiak gave up... I'm off to bed, let's get back on track next sunday :)

Why are you punting? Seriously, you are mailing it in. Losing by 28 or 35 is still a loss. Our offense clearly needs the practice.

Can anyone explain to me why we left Vince Wilfork continue to dominate the first two gaps, holy hell make him have to run further than 2 gaps. I'm not sure why the hell we didn't swing the ball out wider and try to hit the edge on them instead of running right at them.

It's one thing to get your butt kicked and keep trying. It's another to get your butt kicked and give up. I'm so disappointed and I'm usually as optimistic as it gets.

I really wish I could cuss like I want to on this board. I'm a borderline homer and damn sure a blind supporter but this crap by Kubiak is freaking ridiculous. 12:00 left and freaking conceding already. Screw you and your effort tonight "Kubes"....said with not much affection

I don't even care about giving up right now. They lost this game in the first three qtrs. If giving up means making sure no one else gets hurt then fine.

Hopefully all the bad luck done this game. Just can't catch a break.

Luck doesn't have a lot to do with this outcome unfortunately.

This is who we are at this point.

We've been winning and it's been real nice....but I remember people saying "man...wait until we put it together...wait until we have a complete game"....

Well against good teams this year it's not happening.

why did we quit with 13 minutes left? 3 runs up the middle and a punt? what's up with that? patsies are still trying to score.

How the Hell did the Cardinals beat the Pats?

For one, that was one of the two games reffed by the bumble**** replacement refs, and we lost due to a phantom hold called on Gronk that took away a game winning TD. We also lost Hernandez on the third play of the game which royally ****ed up our offensive game plan. They also were a pretty damn good team early in the year before they lost a few key defensive linemen and their swiss cheese offensive line got even worse.

Luck doesn't have a lot to do with this outcome unfortunately.

This is who we are at this point.

We've been winning and it's been real nice....but I remember people saying "man...wait until we put it together...wait until we have a complete game"....

Well against good teams this year it's not happening.

We lost two games against the Packers and Patriots.

We beat the Broncos, Ravens, and Bears. All Good teams. In fact we smacked the Broncos and Ravens around, out toughed the Bears.

The Patriots O against the Texans D

hotknifethroughbutter.jpg

So really what it comes down to is you can be a very dominant team FOR AT LEAST A DECADE if you are lucky enough to land a premiere ultra-awesome QB.

Really that's all I come away with. If you landed Peyton Manning or Tom Brady your team has won about 90% of the battle for a 10-year reign of terror.

This should put to bed the whole "Is Matt Schaub elite or not?" discussions.

He's not elite. He's better than good, but he's not elite.

Holding on 77 but the refs are too enamored with watching the RB like the fans and the Texans defenders are.

Not that it really mattered on that play, but what the hell did Kareem Jackson think he was going to accomplish with that?

I sure hope Yates is in. All it takes is one blow to a starter to ruin the season. No need to throw them out there.

So really what it comes down to is you can be a very dominant team FOR AT LEAST A DECADE if you are lucky enough to land a premiere ultra-awesome QB.

Really that's all I come away with. If you landed Peyton Manning or Tom Brady your team has won about 90% of the battle for a 10-year reign of terror.

Agreed.

Point is our elite players had to step up today. Our elite player is not at the QB position, he's a GOOD QB but if we make it to the superbowl it will be because of Watt, Joseph, Foster, and Johnson. Those are our best players.

I'm looking at Foster mainly. He didn't bring it today, he does and it's a different game. (although the oline didn't help him out much.)

11-2.

All I can say is that this really hurts, but we can win out and MAYBE right some wrongs in the playoffs. That's the only peace of mind I have, and it probably gets shredded either by Andrew Luck or the Patriots in the AFCC game.

Schaub is not elite. But when your entire team doesn't show up (incluing Schaub) it's hard to blame this on him. This one falls on Kubes. We're 11-2 and that's not bad. Shake this one off. Get it together for the rest of the season. We still control our destiny for homefield advantage. Just keep winning.

11-2.

All I can say is that this really hurts, but we can win out and MAYBE right some wrongs in the playoffs. That's the only peace of mind I have, and it probably gets shredded either by Andrew Luck or the Patriots in the AFCC game.

Exactly.

This game means nothing if we beat them in January.

The Patriots O against the Texans D

hotknifethroughbutter.jpg

Wade may not have wanted to show his full defense to the Patriots and Tom Brady since they are likely to meet again real soon. Not saying that Wade and the Texans weren't trying, just that Wade may not have been pulling out all the stops.

It's going to be nuclear fallout on here for the next week....

I almost don't want to get on at all. Just ignore Texans talk until next sunday.

I know that will never happen, but this is just bad. This feels worse than that Packers game.

I hope we get it together.

I never got involved in those discussions. Absolutely ridiculous to think Schaubs belongs in conversations with the top tier QB's. which is exactly why I said before the draft that I would trade Schaubs and a lot of our draft to move up and take Griffin. Would of been a bold bold move but worth the risk to get what I considered a REAL elite QB. Imagine Griffin running this offense.

Foster was on fire this first four running plays...then when things turn bad, he shuts it down. Significantly.

This team has that whole "Run away to fight another day" attitude.

Except JJ Watt.

Look at Tate: Dude is hungry. Pissed off. He's sending a message.

I remember being a kid on Christmas morning. I opened up a present that I could not wait to play with. After a long wait I found out it needed batteries that we did not have and would not get until the next day.

The next day we got batteries only to find out the toy didn't work. I was heartbroken.

Tonight reminds me of that @*%!* toy.

Back