Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans @ New England Patriots. 12/10. 7:30. **Official MNF GameDay Thread**

Any takers on the bet that JJ Watt completely rips the entire team a new ******* sometime tonight?

That guy is the real deal. NO quit in him, and I can easily see him laying the smack down to anyone and everyone he feels led to do so toward.

Some guys sort of accept fate. JJ Watt seems to be that rare guy who hates losing more than anything in the world.

I am shocked, guys. I thought you guys could blow us out, with our suspect secondary. I never thought we'd light it up like this.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Also, we won 5 in a row before we lost one.

Now we won 6 in a row, and then lost.

If we win another 6 in a row, we will be super bowl champs.

Any takers on the bet that JJ Watt completely rips the entire team a new ******* sometime tonight?

That guy is the real deal. NO quit in him, and I can easily see him laying the smack down to anyone and everyone he feels led to do so toward.

Some guys sort of accept fate. JJ Watt seems to be that rare guy who hates losing more than anything in the world.

I'll bet Kubes gives another "on me" speech, reading from a crumpled up piece of paper.

And he's pissed that he didn't get a sack on Brady. I would hate to be Luck right now. Watt is gonna be coming after him.

I am shocked, guys. I thought you guys could blow us out, with our suspect secondary. I never thought we'd light it up like this.

You should feel bad, actually.

This close to Christmas and you go and do this to our Texans?

Someone's getting coal in their stocking, steve.

Thank you for being a VERY gracious visitor. If you see Gronked, please tell him I said he could eat ****. LOL.

You guys have the 2nd best coach in the league (behind Coughlin). Our guy is somewhere in the middle and not ready to hang with the big dogs. That is the difference.

The same can probably be said at the QB position. Schaub is not in the same league as Brady and that was very apparent tonight.

We need help on defense. JJ Watt can rip them a new one every day this week, but that doesn't change the fact that besides him we have average pass rusher's at best. Mercilus is hit or miss but he's a rookie. Barwin has been a major disappoint. Reed as a major disappointment before getting injured. Antonio Smith shows flashes but ultimately he's just an average player as well. There's not much that can be done about that the rest of this season besides hoping that they can play over their heads, but it needs to be addressed in the offseason.

An additional pass rusher, a quality #2 WR, and an upgrade on the right side of the O-line is needed. All three were exploited by the Patriots today.

You should feel bad, actually.

This close to Christmas and you go and do this to our Texans?

Someone's getting coal in their stocking, steve.

Thank you for being a VERY gracious visitor. If you see Gronked, please tell him I said he could eat ****. LOL.

you guys are still 11-2. Everything goes thru Houston. Take care of business and maybe we dance again at your place. I would wager your D plays very PO'd from here on out.

I'll take the coal, thank you very much. Seems our D isn't as bad as we thought. I like our chances next week vs. the Niners. then we get to get healthy vs. Jags and Miami.

Have a great holiday season. As we say up he'ah... Have a wicked merry christmas.

The game against the Pacs and this game against the Pats say a lot about where the Texans stand against the elite teams.
Schaub is good, but Rodgers and Brady make him look like the sloth I know him to be.
Out-coached, outplayed, weaknesses exposed for all the world to see.
Is it any wonder our beloved Texans get the cold shoulder from the media.
When it's time to step up or come out to be praised by the worlds media, the Texans lay an egg, not once but twice.
Disappointed doesn't even touch how I feel.
Embarrassed comes close.
I've been a Texans fan since the news came we'd have another NFL team.
Was a big time Oilers fan from the mid 70's.
So, don't start that crap about bandwagon fans.
True fans hate to see their team suck, and will hold nothing back in complaining when they see them suck.

you guys are still 11-2. Everything goes thru Houston. Take care of business and maybe we dance again at your place. I would wager your D plays very PO'd from here on out.

I'll take the coal, thank you very much. Seems our D isn't as bad as we thought. I like our chances next week vs. the Niners. then we get to get healthy vs. Jags and Miami.

Have a great holiday season. As we say up he'ah... Have a wicked merry christmas.

Thanks. Merry Christmas to you, too.

Nice to have you aboard for this nightmare. Good job with the classy posts. Good luck, MERRY CHRISTMAS, and we hope to see you guys again this year.

You guys have the 2nd best coach in the league (behind Coughlin). Our guy is somewhere in the middle and not ready to hang with the big dogs. That is the difference.

The same can probably be said at the QB position. Schaub is not in the same league as Brady and that was very apparent tonight.

See, people don't really understand how integral GREAT coaching is.

Coughlin, for all his warts (which are really not warts, IMO) is a great HC. Great thinker. On game days, he's on top of things. And then if the team slips...he is on their ass bright and early the next chance he gets. He's made his list out and by Gawd he's going to get it corrected. Or else.

Bill? After being ran out of Cleveland on a rail...the guy wised up and figured out that nice guys finish WAY last. As in "in grandma's basement" last place. He has dedicated himself to finding the best assistants and leveraging draft position and playing to his entire team's strengths (such as positioning Tom Brady to be Tom Brady to his fullest). Kubiak would never dream of that sort of deal with his QB. Gary, IMO, is trying to BE the QB he always wanted to be but never could because he was stuck behind a true legend in Elway. It shows. The insecurity and the inability to let go.

Not concerned. Can't win 'em all. They picked apart the weakness everyone knows about on the defense.

Offense wasn't looking like the usual offense. Didn't watch all of the game, but I didn't see the "bread and butter" play-action roll out once (could have missed it).

If they meet in the playoffs, I'm sure things will be different.

This loss makes the next few games that much more important, and make sure the boys are always on their toes and won't relax too soon. So in a way, I can see this as a good thing.

Schaub's INT and Zebra's Interference call to our DB on 3rd down really killed this game. I thought for sure Matt was going to throw to Foster instead throw to double coverage to Walter. Couldn't believe my eyes. Then come Zebra, on 3rd down NE WR had no chance of catching the ball but flagged. NE gets 1st down and eventually scores. 2TD turn around right there. Only after that, I thought Texans were out coached and out played by Pats.

KJ not falling on the ball really was a game changer early on. Since the Giants game a couple years ago I've never physically or mentally checked out of a Texans game as early as I have like in today's game.

When is a guy not named JJ Watt going to make a true impact by a pass rushing standpoint and make his presence felt every week? Although Skip Bayless is a 100% douche, his tweet about Watt playing 1 vs 11 could not have been more true.

As far as the Schaub thing goes, he had a bad game. He's not a top 5 QB, cannot consistently put a team on his back. This is not breaking news. Good quarterback that can win some games for you, but not elite, nor do we really need him to be.

I've said this many times, schaub can't overcome the team and lift them up. I mean as poor as the defense played in the 1st half, they got 3 straight 3 and outs and the offense did nothing. Then they started the 2nd half with another 3 and out and the offense got nothing. Either the texans need more offensive playmakers or a playmaker at qb.

KJ not falling on the ball really was a game changer early on. Since the Giants game a couple years ago I've never physically or mentally checked out of a Texans game as early as I have like in today's game.

When is a guy not named JJ Watt going to make a true impact by a pass rushing standpoint and make his presence felt every week? Although Skip Bayless is a 100% douche, his tweet about Watt playing 1 vs 11 could not have been more true.

As far as the Schaub thing goes, he had a bad game. He's not a top 5 QB, cannot consistently put a team on his back. This is not breaking news. Good quarterback that can win some games for you, but not elite, nor do we really need him to be.

I'm going to regret saying this...but the Packers game and This game has made me miss Mario. He may not have had the motor Watt had but his pass rush has to be respected. Hopefully we can help him out in the front 7. Cush would have helped out a lot but we've really had it easy when it comes to injuries this year.

I don't know if we have. Losing Cushing is like losing our defensive quarterback. For all the attention Watt gets (and rightly so, as I think he's the best overall defensive player this year), it's Cushing who drives everything. It's also Cushing who brings the edge, and makes sure that the secondary is allowed to do their job.

But we've been hit pretty good with injuries this year. Not as bad as last year, but I wouldn't say by any stretch that we've had it easy.

I'll bet Kubes gives another "on me" speech, reading from a crumpled up piece of paper.

Which is quite alright, because in alot of ways, it IS his neck.

What frustrates me is that I've yet to see any difference in how plays are called, how games are managed.

Lose, no problem, failure to ajust and evolve... not so ok...

I honestly don't know how to explain this.

I've timed the QB's time in the pocket.
I understand the Texans bring more blitz.
I understand when there's max-protect.
The Texans win the trench war by not allowing the opponent's QB much time in the pocket.
Sure, if Brady plays on top of his game, he can beat it.
It's not going to be without challenge.

As I was telling you before the game you cannot blitz Brady because he'll pick you apart regardless of what the timings say. No doubt Watt got in some big hits but Brady will stand in there and get the ball off. Most of Watt's pressure came against the guards but he did school Nate Solder twice as well. Vollmer for the most part held his own and did the best job by far.

I really enjoyed interacting with you all week and wish your team well they are a likable team and your fan base has been gracious hosts. I do hope you drop one more so it's in Foxboro though. :)

As I was telling you before the game you cannot blitz Brady because he'll pick you apart regardless of what the timings say. No doubt Watt got in some big hits but Brady will stand in there and get the ball off. Most of Watt's pressure came against the guards but he did school Nate Solder twice as well. Vollmer for the most part held his own and did the best job by far.

I really enjoyed interacting with you all week and wish your team well they are a likable team and your fan base has been gracious hosts. I do hope you drop one more so it's in Foxboro though. :)
Earlier I said I'd be here win or lose and hear I be. Congratulations to your team and to you. You picked apart the Texans as well as did Brady.

D'oh...... watching the game again, the defense (Jj WAtt) forced two Patriot Punts to start the third Qtr.

That's 5 possesions the Patriots didn't score, 21-0 Pats with 13 minutes left to play in the third.

Last edited by a moderator:

If we don't have break downs in coverage, Brady wouldn't have been able to make those throws. Our secondary is supposed to be better than yours (or not as bad).

If our offense scored 7 or 10 points in the first half, it would have been a totally different story.

We didn't play well in any aspect of the game, including ST.
That's all there is to it.

I'm looking forward to meet the Pats again in January.

Happy Holiday to you, too !

D'oh...... watching the game again, the defense (Jj WAtt) forced two Patriot Punts to start the third Qtr.

That's 5 possesions the Patriots didn't score, 21-0 Pats with 13 minutes left to play

Watched it again and the pi calls made me sick to my stomach. Calling O PI on Jean when clearly the defender was not playing the ball and ran into Jean - it was not a push off. The other, a D PI - the ball was not catchable. :voodoo::voodoo::clap: The refs are making superstar/franchise calls.

I rewatched most of the first half and what makes me sick is the pathetic play of our right side OL backups and all the safeties biting HARD on every little run fake, passing up on sacks, leaving receivers wide open. You can't focus on showing off against the run when you're facing Brady. Those guys were over-excited and unprofessional. You are a DB; act like one and cover somebody (you know, like the guy streaking by you headed for the endzone as you focus on Branden Bolden). The biggest regular season game we've ever played, and it's against Brady, and you guys are focused on the RB??????? Geez.

If we don't have break downs in coverage, Brady wouldn't have been able to make those throws. Our secondary is supposed to be better than yours (or not as bad).

If our offense scored 7 or 10 points in the first half, it would have been a totally different story.

What?

Doesn't matter if our secondary is just as good as theirs (based on our play this year, it's suspect anyways), Tom Brady is better than Matt schaub.

Brady could be facing the best secondary in the league and schaub could be facing our own secondary...

I'm still rolling with Brady because he's that much better.

What?

Doesn't matter if our secondary is just as good as theirs (based on our play this year, it's suspect anyways), Tom Brady is better than Matt schaub.

Brady could be facing the best secondary in the league and schaub could be facing our own secondary...

I agree with that, but we're not playing the Tom Bradies, it's still a team game.

Now I don't know how scoring in the first half would have changed the game, but I know it would have changed the game. The Patriots may have still won, but we wouldn't have gotten blown out.

That game, in my mind, was completely uncharacteristic of the Texans. Like he said, Manning & Quin completely out of position, forgetting assignments, not catching balls placed in their hands.

There was one play, with Barwin covering Vareen split wide. There were three receivers to that side (outside the hash marks), we had two deep safety coverage. Manning is lined up inside the hash marks.... why? (Barwin also committed pass interference that wasn't called) He should have been split wider where he could have been able to make a play on the ball if it were thrown at the sideline or a ball thrown to his side of the field (inside the hash mark). Where he was, he had no play on a ball thrown to the sideline.

Again, not saying we would have won, but it would have been different. My opinion of what Manning should have been doing may not be accurate, but that's beside the point. He had no chance on making a play on the ball. There were no receivers running inside so it's not like Brady was fooling him. His play & Quin's play was very undisciplined & that is not what we expect from those two.

Last edited by a moderator:
What?

The Fid gets it.

It has to do with scheme and assignment.

Nobody is saying that Schaub is Brady by any stretch of the imagination.

The Fid gets it.

It has to do with scheme and assignment.

Nobody is saying that Schaub is Brady by any stretch of the imagination.

And the QB's

Example #1

Brady finding Stallworth matched up with Harris 1 on 1.

Schaub having Foster as his check down wide open for a posible TD and instead he forces one into Walter, result INT. I'm a Schaub guy, but he had a terrible game. The stage appeared to be to big for him. Although it would be nice to see what Schaub could do with the weapons Brady has and the scary part is that Brady carved up the Texans defense without Gronk.

And the QB's

Example #1

Brady finding Stallworth matched up with Harris 1 on 1.

Schaub having Foster as his check down wide open for a posible TD and instead he forces one into Walter, result INT. I'm a Schaub guy, but he had a terrible game. The stage appeared to be to big for him. Although it would be nice to see what Schaub could do with the weapons Brady has and the scary part is that Brady carved up the Texans defense without Gronk.

Schau had a bad day, that's for sure.

But the safety McCourty didn't come up on the unaccounted-for Foster, unlike Demps who squatted for no reason at all when he knew there were two deep treats flying by on both sides of him.

If Only Demps had stayed back, Brady would have been forced to throw that ball away because the pass rush is right on him shortly.

Schau had a bad day, that's for sure.

But the safety McCourty didn't come up on the unaccounted-for Foster, unlike Demps who squatted for no reason at all when he knew there were two deep treats flying by on both sides of him.

If Only Demps had stayed back, Brady would have been forced to throw that ball away because the pass rush is right on him shortly.

That's what I'm talking about. DB's all night were just zoned in on, "Oh, I'm gonna get a big hit on the RB!" :foottap:

That's what I'm talking about. DB's all night were just zoned in on, "Oh, I'm gonna get a big hit on the RB!" :foottap:

Even on the PA fake that Quin bit, Manning was the back side safety.

If they played the scheme right, I would think Quin can come down if Manning takes over the post.

I'm quite dissapointed in our safety play this year.
The co-ordination is lacking, and Wade has to fix that.
It was supposed to be our strength.

Happy holidays to you as well.

Breakdowns happen in every secondary every game. The elite QBs make the throws more often than not. As I said before the game Brady will get throws off just before the pressure hits more often that not. I will grant you your team under-performed but a good portion of that was the Pats having a superior game plan on defense and limiting the running game which again was a key. Every time they tried to run off of Brown the Pats were overloading those gaps and Kubiak never adjusted. Granted Shaub missed some plays but so did Brady or more specifically Welker who probably had his worst game since 2010 when he was coming off the ACL injury.

If we meet again it's likely in your house which will help you a lot. Gronk will be back which will help us a lot.

Good luck moving forward.

Even Plain Garbage can make that throw, LOL

You must be joking. That was a perfect deep ball with the coverage pretty close to Stallworth. If you wanted to say the Lloyd TD was a throw anybody could make because the fake was so good nobody was within 10 yards of him I'd buy that one.

Back