Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans @ Carolina Panthers. Noon. CBS. 9/20. **Official Game Day Thread**

The problem is not Mallett or Hoyer. Both are awful (in different ways). We need a decent QB. The problem is O'Brian and Rick What's'isface. Make a trade Monday, tonight if you can. Can't do worse than our QBs.

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith
#Texans have thrown the ball 105 times and run it just 44 in two games. Offense is unbalanced; 8 of 33 on third down.

#Texans rushed 23 times for 61 yards (2.7 average). They need Arian ASAP.

Just 300 yards of total offense for #Texans, who were only 5 of 19 on third down.

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL
A.J. Bouye on allowing touchdown to Ted Ginn: 'Was trying to get the call, he double-moved me. Tried to jump the route. Everybody gets beat'

A.J. Bouye 'I wish I could have stayed on top of him. I was just trying to make a play. I'll learn from it.'

Cecil Shorts on being 0-2: 'Nobody wants to start this way, but we're very confident and we understand there are 14 games left.'

Final stat line for Ryan Mallett: 27-58, 244 yards, one touchdown, one interception, 57.0 passer rating

Texans tight end C.J. Fiedorowicz had left knee injury but went back in the game will be examined again to confirm

Texans left tackle Chris Clark got dinged up MRI coming as precautionary measure for knee doesn't seem serious

Not that I'm blaming the refs... but how in the hell do you call holding on Eddie Pleasant for that little bit of contact, but not a single hold on the Panthers' OL?

They were blatantly holding Watt, Clowney, & Wilfork on more than one occasion.

The defense has disappointed me the most. No consistent pressure, off coverage,easy throws for qb. They should've pressed those wrs all day and didnt.

I agree, the amount of times we play 8-10 yards off the wr is mind blowing. Why do we do this all the fn time?!?! Does anyone have a legit answer? We do zero disruption of timing by dropping guys

I agree, the amount of times we play 8-10 yards off the wr is mind blowing. Why do we do this all the fn time?!?! Does anyone have a legit answer? We do zero disruption of timing by dropping guys
It was 7 v 7 on 1 drive. It was hike, throw it to the wr who has the dB 10 yds off. Carolina has a good defense not because of the back 7,it's the lbs who cover between the hashes. The also pressed the hou wrs a lot. Carolina played the run every 1st down and Texans did nothing to counter it.

We didn't make many good decisions. I think the Panthers, however, have to own up to the mistake of the game. After the turnover they threw the long touchdown bomb and it came within one play of being fatal. They needed to grind slowly, consuming the clock, even though it might mean eventually settling for a field goal. The game would have been out of reach.

We were aggressive on the outside until Bouye got burned. That's when we turtled up and backed off. We were coaching scared after that.

We were aggressive on the outside until Bouye got burned. That's when we turtled up and backed off. We were coaching scared after that.
If we let that one play upend our whole defensive scheme, the HC is crazy not to correct a crazy DC.

If we let that one play upend our whole defensive scheme, the HC is crazy not to correct a crazy DC.

I don't know what happened here, but in a lot of situations it is the HC who makes that decision, especially if your HC has an offensive background. Offensive coaches have a tendency to prefer more conservative defenses, because that's what they hate playing against.

I cannot tell you how many times I've been in or seen situations where a HC has changed an entire game plan because of one bad play. Not saying that's what happened, but it sure looked like it.

Back