Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans @ Carolina Panthers. Noon. CBS. 9/20. **Official Game Day Thread**

2jayy52.jpg

CRAPPY Original Post = WIN.​

Last edited:
So after last weeks performance from Hoyer, and fully expecting O'Brien to trot him back out there today. I thought I was going to enjoy other entertainment. Only now, I find myself hopeful for the first time since we played Cleveland last season. Mallet may very well be just as bad as anyone else we have had at QB recently. But I want the chance to find out, because he is the only one who fills me with any kind of hope to win some games.

So here's to Ryan Mallett having a solid game, getting the ball to the tight ends, and the defense picking up the pace. I saw an interesting stat that said Newton was 80% against the blitz, and only like 30% against coverage. I would like to see the D play him like they did Russell Wilson a few years back that was so successful in the first half of that game. Sugar rush, maintaining lane responsibility to keep him from escaping, play a mixture of man and zone coverage, and just make him beat you us with his arm.

I feel like Clowney had some impact last week, and I look forward to him stepping up even more today. I want to see the kid earn a sack. He is going to have to set the edge with discipline because they are going to run some option stuff for sure trying to take advantage of Clowney's aggressiveness.

02-CBS-V2.png

San Diego @ Cincinnati -- Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts (red)
Houston @ Carolina -- Greg Gumbel, Trent Green (dark blue)
New England @ Buffalo -- Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon [AK] (green)
Tennessee @ Cleveland -- Tom McCarthy, Adam Archuleta [HI] (agua)
Baltimore @ Oakland (LATE) -- Spero Dedes, Solomon Wilcots (yellow)
Miami @ Jacksonville (LATE) -- Andrew Catalon, Steve Tasker, Steve Beuerlein (purple)
UPDATES:
Sioux City IA: SD-CIN to NE-BUF (red to green)

SportsRadio610 (610 AM, 100.3 FM)
Marc Vandermeer Play-By-Play
Andre Ware Color Analyst
John Harris Sideline

HEAD COACH BILL O’BRIEN
Can improve his record to 10-8 overall and 5-4 on the road
Can become the fastest coach in Texans history to reach 10 career wins (18 games). Gary Kubiak holds the current record at 25 games

P SHANE LECHLER
Can extend his streak of consecutive games played to 207, which leads all active NFL players
Can extend his streak of pinning at least one punt inside the 20yard line to six games, dating back to Week 14 of 2014

Referee: Clete Blakeman

Go Hammer! Go Texans!

So after last weeks performance from Hoyer, and fully expecting O'Brien to trot him back out there today. I thought I was going to enjoy other entertainment. Only now, I find myself hopeful for the first time since we played Cleveland last season. Mallet may very well be just as bad as anyone else we have had at QB recently. But I want the chance to find out, because he is the only one who fills me with any kind of hope to win some games.

It's Schaub running on the field for the 1st game of 2007. You knew Carr wasn't it. Kubiak swung and you wanted to see what he hit. Even though OB bunted (generous at that) you want to see.

I'm looking for Mallett to pray to all the nookie he's ever had and every pole dance he's ever watched, to come out with a victory today. Old school style, evoking the ghost of Saint Kenneth Stabler.

Kumbayah, McClain...Kumbayah.

Shake up on the O-line today ...

LT: Chris Clark
LG: Derek Newton
C: Ben Jones
RG: Brandon Brooks
RT: Jeff Adams

PDS @PatDStat
Sounds like Duane Brown will be out. Just like we mentioned here, this will be the starting o-line. scout.com/nfl/texans/sto…

When Brown gets back I hope this is what the OL looks like. If Obushi cant win a starting spot.

As for today, the OL looks strong up the middle and weak at OT. Hopefully Mallett will get rid of the ball fast. He's going to need to to stay healthy.

When Brown gets back I hope this is what the OL looks like. If Obushi cant win a starting spot.

As for today, the OL looks strong up the middle and weak at OT. Hopefully Mallett will get rid of the ball fast. He's going to need to to stay healthy.
For this offense with Mal, protecting the A gaps more important. If they're comfortable with the game-plan - Clark - I expect this unit to be > than game 1's alignment.

Getting Adams out of LG spot is key.

Most reports I've seen have Brown coming back week 5 at the earliest so I hope Clark learned his playbook. Would also be nice if Aboushi or XSF could supplant Adams.

Chandler Worthy has been brought up from the practice squad. I'll be interested to see how what he does today.

Bill O'Brien said earlier in the week that Jadeveon Clowney would see "increased snaps" today. I thought he played a lot against the Chiefs Week 1 or am I mistaken? I guess he's going to be in there for the bulk of the defensive plays today. I'll be keeping a close eye on him.

Bill O'Brien said earlier in the week that Jadeveon Clowney would see "increased snaps" today. I thought he played a lot against the Chiefs Week 1 or am I mistaken? I guess he's going to be in there for the bulk of the defensive plays today. I'll be keeping a close eye on him.

He was in for 30 week 1, which is a little less than half on average. There's room for a bump.

30 of 70 last week.

Shake up on the O-line today ...

LT: Chris Clark
LG: Derek Newton
C: Ben Jones
RG: Brandon Brooks
RT: Jeff Adams

PDS @PatDStat
Sounds like Duane Brown will be out. Just like we mentioned here, this will be the starting o-line. scout.com/nfl/texans/sto…

Wuuuttttt???!!!

ok, some of you guys probably don't want to hear it, but I think Hard Knocks was more of a distraction than we thought. This kind of thing, as well as the QB decision & our defensive line rotation... these things should have been figured out in camp & the preseason.

Feels like were a couple of weeks behind where we should be to start the season.

Grrrrr!!!

Just heard Carolina's defense had 5 sacks and 3 turnovers last week. Granted, it was against the Jags, but still doesn't make me feel any better about today.

Anyone know how to watch via Directv sunday ticket on desktop PC? I have the max package and can't seem to find a way to login and watch. I only see app download links for tablets and phones.

Just heard Carolina's defense had 5 sacks and 3 turnovers last week. Granted, it was against the Jags, but still doesn't make me feel any better about today.
I want to attack them deep early and often. Showcase Ryan Mallett's arm.
Not sure if we have the horses up front though. No Duane Brown hurts a lot.
I just don't trust our running game all that much but we'll find a way to win.

Mohamed being out is going to hurt us again I think. Olsen isn't Kelce athletically, but he's not far off on pure talent. We should be able to single them up on the outside though. Their WR's are not very good and neither is their O-Line. Covering underneath and tackling in space are going to be crucial today and those are 2 things we really struggled with last week.

Got my brisket in maintenance mode and Bloody Mary's flowing.

The wife went to visit a friend in the hospital so I can cuss without getting elbowed. Hopefully I won't need to.

Back