Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Houston Texans @ Carolina Panthers. Noon. CBS. 9/20. **Official Game Day Thread**

With the announcement of Brown being out, Vegas has increased Carolina's odds to -4 1/2 from 3
This makes me uncomfortable especially with the fact that Carolina has a very good defense.

Not that we'll do it, but I feel that run up the middle is a Panthers' weak spot.

**** call on third down. Texans need to get it together on offense. Carolina is also operating in a fog but you can bet they'll snap out of it shortly.

Mohamed being out is going to hurt us again I think. Olsen isn't Kelce athletically, but he's not far off on pure talent. We should be able to single them up on the outside though. Their WR's are not very good and neither is their O-Line. Covering underneath and tackling in space are going to be crucial today and those are 2 things we really struggled with last week.

Fortunately, Carolina doesn't have a threat like Charles out of the backfield. So hopefully we can use a S on Olsen instead of a LB.

I expect our defense to come out with the gameplan this week that they should've had last week.

On the first offensive play it looked like Jones snapped the ball early and caught Mallett off guard, Mallett panicked and turned the wrong way for the handoff.

Then Graham with a drop on what should have put us in 3rd and 5.

Then our version of a screen. Punt.

Mumphery is gonna get us a lot of penalty yards on returns if he can't learn to run up field instead of sideways.

Back