Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens. Noon. 1/15. **Official Divisional Playoff Thread**

TJ definitely has a bright future ahead and I hope he's our #2 next season. Our D (except for KJ) was almost stellar today.

I can't wait for next season.

I don't know it might have been tipped prior. Bottom line the Texans made way to many mistakes to win this game. Still happy with this season. I hope they do something with Foster. I know they don't have to but it is the right thing to do.

Yeah it was tipped.

I thought it was a good play call... try to catch them by surprise. Why get the quick 1st then hail mary the next play when the Ravens can be prepared for it. This way, they went for the hail mary while Ravens weren't ready for it. Just didn't work out.

Should have gone for the hail mary instead of spiking it after getting the first down.

Can't do hail mary on 4th down unless there's literally no other option.

I'm pissed, yet I'm happy for this team. The defense was an absolute beast today, and with the exception of Jacoby Jones the team played hard! Yates' 3 int's ended up being the killer, IMO though, the Jacoby-dropter was the killer for this game. The momentum shift alone was just gut wrenching.

Like I said, I'm very happy with this team, and this season. Next year with some key FA signings, the offense has to get better. Another WR is needed desperately. ON D, if they ad some pieces WOW! They are gonna be scary good.

All in all, good deal. GO TEXANS! :jam: :texflag:

P.S. - Make Jacoby walk home.

TJ Yates is not the future for this team.

Based on this? He has shown a great deal of talent. I cant wait for a few years down the line. He has great potential. He was a rookie expected to carry a clipboard and mayb Nvr play.

TJ looks like the future. "Future" being the key word. He isn't rdy yet.

Yes... then no. Yates proved he was not ready to be a starter. However, he is still better than hot tub boy. TJ showed he could be the QB of the future, and can handle spot starting duty.

No way Schaub will be ready until midway through the reg season.

From what CND has said, a good 6-to-8 months off the foot with no weight on it. Then another 6-to-8 months of rehabbing and assessing if it's healed to the point of sustaining in-game stress on it.

This is me going off memory, but there's a good chance Yates enters reg season as the starter. He was a rookie, for Pete's sake...in a lockout shortened year...and had been taking zero reps with any starters, practically running scout team and not our own routes etc.

I think it's fair to say we can do worse than the chance(s) of seeing Yates start 2012 as the starter. If anybody likes Leinart over Yates, I want to know WHY.

Thank you Jacoby Jones for gift wrapping 7 points for the Ravens on the Road. You suck.

TJ, you can go back to holding the clip board, where you can't throw a pick.

:vincepalm:

Congratulations to the Texans on a great 2011 season. I know this sucks, but for your first-ever trip to the post-season, the Texans showed themselves to be contenders. You have nothing to be embarrassed about. Pissed yes; embarrassed no.

I hope Reed is ok, too.

Thank you. Great game, and big props to the Ravens. The Houston Texans are contenders...and should be for the next 5 years or so. At this point I don't believe the fans expect nothing less.

Two words:

Robert. Meachem.

If you told me before the game Foster will out rushed Rice by 72 yards and Texans would out sack the Ravens 5 - 0... I'd ask, so much did we win by?

Yates does have a future. His maturity and scrambling ability against the Bengals to clinch the division was proof positive. He will be awesome soon.
I just hope we keep him.

This. Would any rookie QB have done anything against that awesome Ravens defense? Yates has a future in this league. It's a lot of pressure to expect a rookie QB to take us to the Super Bowl. Damn good season though.

Ravens defense was not awesome today. Yates does have a future, but as of now his decision making on the reads are about what you expect from a rookie 3rd string QB. He had no pressure on him on some of the throws that he missed horribly. We had a chance to win today and most of us are disappointed because of that. Now on to the next phase; 200,000 mock draft posts, 150,000 FA posts, 100,000 trade posts, etc.

Texans D minus Kareem was awesome as was OL & Arian Foster. Big step forward you deserve mad props :barman:

How was Kareem a problem today? Guys making circus catches on him was just good coverage.

The only problem today was Jacoby and Yates. Everyone else on the team bought it. Take away Jacoby's horrible mistake and it's a completely different game.

You may be right. I just didn't like the way he fixated on Andre all day long. Are our TEs/WRs not named AJ that pitiful? Or is it that TJ isn't going thru his progressions properly?

At least Capt. Checkdown goes thru his progressions
...right before he checks down
:D

People are blaming Yates for fixating on AJ. What if the Kubiak strategy was to ride this game on the backs of AJ and Foster all day?

It worked well almost all day, but when Kubiak let off the Foster pedal late in the 4th...Ravens knew to focus on double covering AJ. Then again, Foster might be hurt and that's why he wasn't a target at end of game???

We were in the Top 8 teams in the whole 32-team league. We almost punched a ticket to Foxboro, except...well...ya' know. I am sad, but I think Yates is smarter than he showed today. A full year will make him better, IMO.

Ravens defense was not awesome today. Yates does have a future, but as of now his decision making on the reads are about what you expect from a rookie 3rd string QB. He had no pressure on him on some of the throws that he missed horribly. We had a chance to win today and most of us are disappointed because of that. Now on to the next phase; 200,000 mock draft posts, 150,000 FA posts, 100,000 trade posts, etc.

True. They weren't special actually. Not sure why I said awesome (probably based on reputation). You're right about his reads.

Run Jones out of town on a rail. It's a complete and utter waste of a roster spot keeping him around. I guess it's time to start looking at the draft prospects.

Don't be so quick to thrown Yates away. He's already better than Leinert.

We lost to the better playoff tested team today. No shame in that Just disappointing.

Not really. I never see Leinart fixate on one guy all game long like Yates did.

Our D looked great with our two awesome rookies!!!

Thank you for an exciting season Texans and look forward to more excitement next season.

Love you Texans!!!

If you can grow your own future at QB, you're in great shape (in the future). I want to see Yates developed. We gave two 2nd round picks to Falcons for Schaub.

Obviously, it paid off....but can Schaub really make it back to prior form??? Why not invest into a rookie QB, which saves us a TON of salary and cap space in 2013.

How can this team commit to Schaub since his last contract year is 2012 and he might not even play a full season? He'd have to go berserk in every game he played, IMO, in order to have a shot at a big long-term contract...when Yates will be cheaper, more mobile, and a year wiser too.

Not hating on Schaub, just being pragmatic. You can't re-sign EVERYONE you want to re-sign. Give me a BPA draft and quality WR in free agency, and Yates can grow into the role.

I bet Kubiak is solidly in the corner of Yates even after today.

My game balls go to:

1. J.J. Watt: dude was a beast all day long
2. Arian Foster: He came to play today and it showed if he only had some help.
3. Duane Brown: Did anyone hear the name "T-Sizzle" today?? Duane shut his famed pass rush down. No sacks. No QB hits. In fact, you could give a ball to the whole O-line. They kept Yates' jersey clean all day. Too bad he didn't have the experience to take advantage of it.
4. Andre Johnson: 8 grabs for 111 yds. Despite being doubled most of the day.

did I miss anyone?

I'm pretty sure that all of Schaub's major injuries have been caused by that fat *** Albert Haynesworth.

I think Yates has earned the #2 spot though definitely. He's a solid QB that can come in and not lose you many games. Even with his INTs today had Jacoby NOT fumbled he's not forcing it to Andre on a long play like that. Being down in the 4th means you gotta be a little aggressive with your decisions so I can see why he tried to get it to Andre.

My game balls go to:

3. Duane Brown: Did anyone hear the name "T-Sizzle" today?? Duane shut his famed pass rush down. No sacks. No QB hits. In fact, you could give a ball to the whole O-line. They kept Yates' jersey clean all day. Too bad he didn't have the experience to take advantage of it.

did I miss anyone?

I agree with every one of those game balls. The Texans OL played superb.

Best performance in Kareem Jackson's NFL history. He might have actually took 25 huge leaps forward today, IMO.

I mean it too.

He was in position, the WRs made circus catches and that's just gonna' happen in the playoffs.

All our guys on defense were phenomenal. All of them.

I didn't like what appears to have been a "AJ deserves to be the main guy" strategy. No real effort to use ANY of our TEs today. ZILCH. We even had JJ in as a WR a lot too.

Outside of our o-line and Foster, Kubiak's offense laid an egg today. Granted, AJ made a few really nice plays, but still....

Hell of a game, we kept it close and the defense roughed up Flacco several times. As for Jacoby Jones and Kareem Jackson, I want them out, nothing but a waste of two good roster spots. TJ Yates had a good run and even through he threw a bunch of picks, he's a rookie and no one expected him to perform like Cam Newton and or Andy Dalton.

Given the players we had and how close we kept it till the end, I think we did good. Would of liked a win but nonetheless, we played alright.

My game balls go to:

did I miss anyone?

I don't think so. Maybe some props the Reed who quietly busted his azz and a small amount of sympathy to Kareem, yes Kareem (lol), for getting burned at least twice even though his coverage was good.

My game balls go to:

did I miss anyone?

Honorable mention (and I can't believe I'm saying this) goes to Kareem Jackson.

I think you could Joseph to your list. Shut his man down all day long.

If you can grow your own future at QB, you're in great shape (in the future). I want to see Yates developed. We gave two 2nd round picks to Falcons for Schaub.

Obviously, it paid off....but can Schaub really make it back to prior form??? Why not invest into a rookie QB, which saves us a TON of salary and cap space in 2013.

How can this team commit to Schaub since his last contract year is 2012 and he might not even play a full season? He'd have to go berserk in every game he played, IMO, in order to have a shot at a big long-term contract...when Yates will be cheaper, more mobile, and a year wiser too.

Not hating on Schaub, just being pragmatic. You can't re-sign EVERYONE you want to re-sign. Give me a BPA draft and quality WR in free agency, and Yates can grow into the role.

MS is not as athletic as TJ, but he could have led us thru Baltimore, NE and right to Indy.:kubepalm: TJ is a turnover machine.

that is the
images

$64,000 question...

If Schaub gets back to 2009/2010 form, I want him under center. Yates can hold the clipboard next year and watch the master.
I don't want to go 8-8 or 7-9 or worse for a couple of years while Yates figures out that he shouldn't stare down receivers or throw into triple coverage.
Do you?

My game balls go to:

did I miss anyone?

Game balls goes to everyone on defense, then Foster & Duane Brown. I wanna give two game balls to Duane Brown, just because he'll get no love from the media on his play today. He shut down Suggs, whom many are calling the defensive player of the year this season.

Aside from the obvious... turnovers.. This game was still close. The last hail mary actually was one that Walters was in position to catch and fall into the endzone. Too bad.

What I really take away is the abandonment of Arian Foster as the second half progressed. Seems like the play calling got a little panicky and put this game on TJ's shoulders. I felt for Arian standing by himself on the sideline.

I had little expectation of Houston's playoff run, given the QB situation, so each game was a treat, but it was disappointing to watch the desperation of the last 5 minutes. Could have, would have, should have...

Waste. I still can't believe it. What a waste of a performance.

Give it some time, you'll feel differently when you've had a chance to not think so much about it.

It's the playoffs. Ravens been doing this for like a decade now. Us? First crack at it. Think about next year, the draft...some free agency moves...a full camp and Wade back as d-coord, and let that be your happy place. That's where I'm at. Cardinals fans were watching US today. Steelers fans? Watching Texans today. We got within one game of a SB appearance. Not too shabby.

This is bad..... My wife is a diehard Texans / Football fan, and loves watching football games...... She won't let me watch the Packers-Giants game now..... We're watching info-mercials for frying pans....

If I had to give a Ravens game ball, it would go to Ed Reed.
I hope he's okay. You're reeeeally gonna need him in Foxboro.

Most likely.

This team you cannot figure out. One day the offense explodes, Rice gets 170+, Flacco tosses bombs and the defense sacks the QB like mad. Then they play like today.

I do know that Brady remembers losing to Baltimore at Gillette two years ago, ending their home playoff win streak in dramatic fashion. And their defense is a pale comparison to the Texans D. Suggs needs to come up huge like he did in the WC game in 2009.

But, I will not be surprised if we lose, and lose big, if the Patriots play like they did last night.

that is the
images

$64,000 question...

If Schaub gets back to 2009/2010 form, I want him under center. Yates can hold the clipboard next year and watch the master.
I don't want to go 8-8 or 7-9 or worse for a couple of years while Yates figures out that he shouldn't stare down receivers or throw into triple coverage.
Do you?

We have in incomplete data to go by. Linsfranc injury is not easy to fully recover from, and Matt was already a bit slow and immobile to begin with...I don't know how people are placing Schaub as the starter in 2012 when it would take INCREDIBLE healing and sustained health in that foot to get him to opening day.

If I know Kubiak like I think I know him by now, I think he earmarks Yates as his 2013 QB but tries to let Schaub enter the picture sometime in 2012 when he's ready to go on that foot...tries to see of Schaub can play well enough to get a new contract. The only problem is Schaub's future vs Yates' future and the ramifications of going with EITHER guy over the other for 2013 and beyond.

Not an enviable position to be in, to have to crystal ball which guy you plan for 2013 and beyond. All the other moves on offense and defense are easy compared to this one. IMO.

This hurts but I know we were playing with house money after all the injuries. I know we could have won this one. But I know that the team is built for the future and it's bright. Still hurts though.

Back