Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens. Noon. 1/15. **Official Divisional Playoff Thread**

Obsi,

I don't think Leinart gets 2nd string back and Yates to 3rd string.

Yates was a rookie, took 3rd string reps all camp, thrust into starting role at backend of the season. Won the Bengals game, on the road, to clinch playoffs. Helped win our first playoff game. Tried too hard in this game.

That last part can be fixed with a full off-season, full camp as the starter, and hopefully some upgrades on offense to help him out.

Leinart cannot be fixed.

Just my two cents.

Well...guys. It's been a trip.

With a 3rd string QB, the stud D man out for the season and all, this team have done every one of us proud.

They've shown heart, and played their hearts out. A fantastic defensive performance from the team. I'm gutted for them, especially Watts and Foster, but they should be looking forward to next season with a smile.

Great playoff game, really exciting. Good luck Baltimore - hope Ed Reed is okay.

I thought it was a good play call... try to catch them by surprise. Why get the quick 1st then hail mary the next play when the Ravens can be prepared for it. This way, they went for the hail mary while Ravens weren't ready for it. Just didn't work out.

Take your chances when you have the shot. No guarantee we'll be back next year, is there? Not with this injury curse. Jacoby was the difference. Un-be-lievable.

That said, it was a great season. Here's hoping the team turns into Bubble Boys for next year.

Good game guys, man i was getting really worried on that one.

Our O line was non exsistent and man your guys pass rush is insanely scary.

Good luck next yr.

I honestly thought RAVENS were going to lose for a hot min.

Don't be so quick to thrown Yates away. He's already better than Leinert.

We lost to the better playoff tested team today. No shame in that Just disappointing.

Well...guys. It's been a trip.

With a 3rd string QB, the stud D man out for the season and all, this team have done every one of us proud.

They've shown heart, and played their hearts out. A fantastic defensive performance from the team. I'm gutted for them, especially Watts and Foster, but they should be looking forward to next season with a smile.

Great playoff game, really exciting. Good luck Baltimore - hope Ed Reed is okay.

Congratulations to the Texans on a great 2011 season. I know this sucks, but for your first-ever trip to the post-season, the Texans showed themselves to be contenders. You have nothing to be embarrassed about. Pissed yes; embarrassed no.

I hope Reed is ok, too.

Why because he was a rookie in his first playoff appearance (second game) against a defense that has made QBs look bad for 10 years?

overreact much?

This. Would any rookie QB have done anything against that awesome Ravens defense? Yates has a future in this league. It's a lot of pressure to expect a rookie QB to take us to the Super Bowl. Damn good season though.

I don't know it might have been tipped prior. Bottom line the Texans made way to many mistakes to win this game. Still happy with this season. I hope they do something with Foster. I know they don't have to but it is the right thing to do.

Obsi,

I don't think Leinart gets 2nd string back and Yates to 3rd string.

Yates was a rookie, took 3rd string reps all camp, thrust into starting role at backend of the season. Won the Bengals game, on the road, to clinch playoffs. Helped win our first playoff game. Tried too hard in this game.

That last part can be fixed with a full off-season, full camp as the starter, and hopefully some upgrades on offense to help him out.

Leinart cannot be fixed.

Just my two cents.

You may be right. I just didn't like the way he fixated on Andre all day long. Are our TEs/WRs not named AJ that pitiful? Or is it that TJ isn't going thru his progressions properly?

At least Capt. Checkdown goes thru his progressions
...right before he checks down
:D

Back