Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Hopkins traded to Cardinals?

Truth always comes out 1 way or the other.

No it rarely ever does, because even when it is right out there in the forefront sports media will spin it and make the athletes into victims half the time now. Kaepernick and Michael Bennett are prefect examples. They did it with "Antonio Brown" of all people for months before he went so crazy with the Raiders that he was thrown out. ESPN anchors were making up all kinds of stuff on Rothlisburger based on Brown's lies that had no validity to them what so ever.

Larry Fitzgerald's last year, they will have his $12MM to work with on Hopkins contract next year.

Imagine the world where DeAndre plays this season without the extension and allows the Cardinals to roster build. Lol.

I think Arizona wants to lock him up long term for whatever the cost because it’s a good business decision at the rate caps and contracts are accelerating.

Buttchin would have known this had he not replaced Olsen with a televangelist.

No it rarely ever does, because even when it is right out there in the forefront sports media will spin it and make the athletes into victims half the time now. Kaepernick and Michael Bennett are prefect examples. They did it with "Antonio Brown" of all people for months before he went so crazy with the Raiders that he was thrown out. ESPN anchors were making up all kinds of stuff on Rothlisburger based on Brown's lies that had no validity to them what so ever.

i'll put it like this then, the truth is right there if you're looking at things objectively.

He aint hanging out with him. Its that irvin called him as a journalist to ask whats going on.. hell it was DHop that got bill in the tunnel after bill started cursing at a fan.

That has nothing to do with anything. Its completely irrelevant. A coach said some curse words? What else is new? Every coach in the league has and does. You act like you haven't watched those football shows on HBO and or Hot Mic moments. Those players and coaches curse at each other all the time. You let Irvin throw that in there to try and make that a hero and a villain situation and clearly you were persuaded by it when it had literally nothing to do with one thing we're talking about. That is the exact type simple minded nonsense guys like Irvin are out there to do. Distract you from the specific issue.

I know there are 3 sides to every story. Somewhere in the middle is the truth. Bill has a track record of letting his emotions get the best of him
I havent seen or heard of DHop being a problem. But seems he is now.

and now you're flat out lying or purposely forgetting. Hopkins threw a tantrum and fit and left the property all because he didn't like some words that McNair said in a meeting that was leaked just to cause controversy and he took the bait like a spoiled child. That was all over the news and he tried to make it a locker room issue.

You can like DHop. I love DHop, but that doesn't mean you have to pretend things didn't happen. They did. He has absolutely let his emotions get the best of him before and he was wrong when he did.

That has nothing to do with anything. Its completely irrelevant. A coach said some curse words? What else is new? Every coach in the league has and does. You act like you haven't watched those football shows on HBO and or Hot Mic moments. Those players and coaches curse at each other all the time. You let Irvin throw that in there to try and make that a hero and a villain situation and clearly you were persuaded by it when it had literally nothing to do with one thing we're talking about. That is the exact type simple minded nonsense guys like Irvin are out there to do. Distract you from the specific issue.

and now you're flat out lying or purposely forgetting. Hopkins threw a tantrum and fit and left the property all because he didn't like some words that McNair said in a meeting that was leaked just to cause controversy and he took the bait like a spoiled child. That was all over the news and he tried to make it a locker room issue.

You can like DHop. I love DHop, but that doesn't mean you have to pretend things didn't happen. They did. He has absolutely let his emotions get the best of him before and he was wrong when he did.
I never addressed anything but what came out from what irvin said was his conversation .so no i am not lying.i never addressed in inmates thing

Keep moving the goalposts on specific topics.

Funny you get on your highhorse on what is professionalism

Guess you are bored.

Again Tex uses a broad brush to paint a person

I never addressed anything but what came out from what irvin said was his conversation .so no i am not lying.i never addressed in inmates thing

Keep moving the goalposts on specific topics.

Funny you get on your highhorse on what is professionalism

Guess you are bored.

Again Tex uses a broad brush to paint a person

You argued for double standards, and couldn't explain your way out of it. If anyone was painting with a broad brush it was you since you claimed that OB "showed his true colors" for whatever the hell that means and that Hopkins never did a thing that was questionable while with the team. Yeah, you lied especially since you followed it up with all of these other personal remarks and had to bring up an incident with fans which "had nothing to do with anything we're talking about." I can't stand O'Brien but he does deserve his say in this if their personal conversations are called into question.

I answered you on the yes or no

Interesting lied. Whatever.
I

Putting words in my mouth that hopkins never was wrong.

Double standards.. go read your posts in the professionalism when it comes to nsz

Last edited:
What HC wouldn't want to work for Cal? He'll give him the keys to the kingdom then go Rip Van Winkle on him. Just keep the team out of 'worst trades ever' headlines and he's got it made.

Just as long as you dont pay you players or FA's top $$$$ then you're Cal's guy.

i think its time to oust king bill we dont need a dude from boston mass running this team anymore we need a coach born right here in texas imo does not matter who anyone available

This is the problem with a lot of posters.

A source with knowledge of the situation said the team didn’t have an issue with Hopkins’ personal relationships.
While not denying what Irvin related, Hopkins downplayed it.

“This is being blown way out of proportion,” Hopkins wrote on his verified Twitter account. “As I’ve said before, I enjoyed and am proud of my time with the Texans. I have the utmost respect for coach O’Brien and that will not change. Now, I’m ready to play for the Cardinals.”

The Texans declined to comment on Irvin’s summation of the meeting.
On Monday, Hopkins and a fourth-round draft pick were traded to Arizona for former All-Pro running back David Johnson, a second-round pick and a fourth-round selection.

The Texans traded Hopkins partially because of his displeasure with his five-year, $81 million contract and his communicating through his representatives that he would hold out if he didn’t get a raise, according to multiple league sources not authorized to speak publicly.

Hopkins wants a raise up to $19 million to $20 million annually, per sources, from his current $16.2 million average per year. He’s due a $12.5 million base salary this year, $13.5 million in 2021 and $13.915 million in 2022.

However, the issues between Hopkins and O’Brien ran much deeper. There was friction between Hopkins and O’Brien for years, according to multiple team and NFL sources. Hopkins was extremely durable as far as being able to play on Sundays. He played through several lingering injuries, including to his knee, foot, thumb, toe and ribs, and his participation in practice was very limited during the season.

The Texans had previously made Hopkins available for a trade and had been actively attempting to deal him since the end of the season, when the team communicated privately it could move on from the South Carolina native. The Texans also held discussions about Hopkins with the Philadelphia Eagles, Cincinnati Bengals and Patriots, according to sources.

Although Hopkins caught 104 passes for 1,165 yards and seven touchdowns in 2019 and was named All-Pro for the third consecutive year, it was a strange final season for him in Houston. Several sources said O’Brien was tough on Hopkins and highly critical of him behind the scenes while continuing to praise him publicly.

I was just thinking one day Cal will fire O'Brien and there will be joy in Mudville again. Until we find out who Cal hires to replace BO. What is the confidence factor in Cal completing this task with any satisfaction? What prospective successful HC would want to work for Cal?

considering that Cal gave OB full control, I imagine there should be a line of competent coaches and/or GMs who would want to be involved.

I've been reading and thinking today...either BOB didn't want to pay DHop $18-20 mil per year (dumb), or things went down like Michael Irvin said, or a combination of both. Either way, how do you get rid of your #1 all pro WR, for basically peanuts?? I'd be less pissed if it had been for a 1st and 3rd or something along those lines. But BOB has no 1st round picks to use to even try to replace DHop. Receivers like Hopkins don't grow on trees. Then he overpays a slot receiver? Why, just why? All this just a year after trading Clowney for basically nothing AND paying half his salary. FU BOB, just FU, you seriously need to be taken out behind the wood shed...
Good post, but let's play fantasy football and pretend you are a GM (or GM/HC) of a team.

So let's ask the question, would you want to make decisions and put together a team according to the plan you have in your mind? Or would you be paying attention to social media, and what people are saying, and let this flood of opinion influence your decision making?

This puts me in mind of the fictional charachactor Sonny Weaver, in the movie Draftday. And of course, we know how anyone would respond.

Bill O'Brian and Cal McNair, and maybe some input from mother Janice, are putting together a team, their team.

I only hope they have as thick a skin as Donald Trump to face down their enemy's hate.

Good post, but let's play fantasy football and pretend you are a GM (or GM/HC) of a team.

So let's ask the question, would you want to make decisions and put together a team according to the plan you have in your mind? Or would you be paying attention to social media, and what people are saying, and let this flood of opinion influence your decision making?

This puts me in mind of the fictional charachactor Sonny Weaver, in the movie Draftday. And of course, we know how anyone would respond.

Bill O'Brian and Cal McNair, and maybe some input from mother Janice, are putting together a team, their team.

I only hope they have as thick a skin as Donald Trump to face down their enemy's hate.

Point taken. But if I'm putting together a team, I want my top 3 WR on my team. Regardless of social media, I want DHop on my team.

Point taken. But if I'm putting together a team, I want my top 3 WR on my team. Regardless of social media, I want DHop on my team.
Of course, and most people would. But I was more pointedly addressing your " Why, just why?" question and your FU woodshed last sentence.

You can disagree with the management of the team, but the "why" is self evident. The McNairs are building the team, through O'Brian, they are in agreement with. Not mentioned to any great degree here, if at all, the Hopkins trade went down with the McNairs approval.

None of the statements in the article disprove the baby mamma or Aaron Hernandez statements by O'Brien. However, those are not what lead to the rift. It was events that happened on game days. As Diana Russini said, the playcalling during the 3rd and 4th quarter that drove Hopkins nuts, just like it drives us nuts.

I'm sure Hopkins doesn't care what a 50 year old man thinks about his baby mommas, but he does care about how he manages his football game.

Correct, The McNair's are the owners.....they've made the decision to turn the franchise over to Bill O'Brien.....and fans get no say in this, at their level.

Yes, we have a message board and it was established so fans could express their innermost, thoughts, feelings and opinions b/c the financial success of this organization is in the hands of the fans.

O'Brien has had minimal success as a HC, he's been consistent with the same mistakes on the sideline for 6 straight years. He's been way below average as an NFL OC b/c his offense has lacked any kind of imagination and can easily be figured out by the everyday armchair QB or HC. He's had the reins of complete control since last May and has executed zero moves that could be considered a solid or trades where it appears he got the upper hand.

At this time, the only folks that can justify O'Brien's position within this organization are the McNair's and a handful of fans who think he's doing just fine.....unfortunately that's not the majority, which leads us back to the message boards.

Just heard that OB let him go cause he supposedly was a threat in the locker room and he was refrenced as a trouble maker like Aron Hernadez and that OB did not like his baby mommas hanging around. Shouldnt their be some displinary fine or penaty for OB talking to him like that. In any job that would be herassment . IF you do not believe me watch the interview with Michel Irving . 24 hrs later after the first time hr talked to Hopkins.
Wait Hopkins has baby mommas? Honestly I always thought Hopkins was gay.

Correct, The McNair's are the owners.....they've made the decision to turn the franchise over to Bill O'Brien.....and fans get no say in this, at their level.

Yes, we have a message board and it was established so fans could express their innermost, thoughts, feelings and opinions b/c the financial success of this organization is in the hands of the fans.

O'Brien has had minimal success as a HC, he's been consistent with the same mistakes on the sideline for 6 straight years. He's been way below average as an NFL OC b/c his offense has lacked any kind of imagination and can easily be figured out by the everyday armchair QB or HC. He's had the reins of complete control since last May and has executed zero moves that could be considered a solid or trades where it appears he got the upper hand.

At this time, the only folks that can justify O'Brien's position within this organization are the McNair's and a handful of fans who think he's doing just fine.....unfortunately that's not the majority, which leads us back to the message boards.
Your third paragraph is spot on. Discounting all of the stuff out there about BoB's inability to get along with players or his desire to have complete control and get rid of players (and anyone else) who don't 100% go along with him, the fact is that he had not performed as a GM or HC in a manner worthy to keep those positions. Yes, he has a winning record. Yes, he has made the playoffs four out of six years. However, anyone who has paid any attention to this team over the last six years would see that he's not the person to lead this franchise any more- he hasn't gotten any better at what he does, and that shows itself every Sunday.

I will be the first to admit I was totally wrong if he takes the Texans to the AFCCG this next year...but I don't think I have to worry about that.

The Texans are a sucessful winning organization, one of the top 10 teams out of 32. And yet you consider this achievement "below average"???

The problem is not that die hard fans disagree on how the team is managed; or that they think tbe team should do better. The problem is the lack of understanding, by those on this forum who compose this die hard group, of how the average fan, who doesn't live and die football, can take enjoyment in watching and following the team the Texans put on the field on Sundays.

Nuk saw the writing on the wall here & he wanted out. DW4 is about to get paid, Tunsil is about to be paid & he knew he wasn't going to be able to get the raise & extension he wanted with that looming. By the time his contract was up, who knows what kind of money we'd have left. Better to get out somewhere else now & get to a place where he knows he can get his extension. In addition to that, he's going to a pass heavy team/HC. That's why he's not sweating it really.

"nUk cOuLdNt gEt HiS mOnEy hErE"

Cobb = 9Ms
Murray = 7Ms

Hmmm. Seems as if you dont make your average OLB (Mercilus) paid like he's a top 5 player and the same for Martin and Fairbairn there would have been more than enough money.

But what do I know, Im just a fan who can balance a checkbook .. would hate to take away from the enjoyment some seek.

Hopkins at 18Ms would have been perfectly fine. YOu think Tunsil and Watson wouldnt bend some to accomodate Nuk???? Hilarious.

Truth always comes out 1 way or the other.

Bob "disrespected" AJ according to some by telling him the truth in a roundabout way that he was done and that all he was gonna catch was 40 balls if he stayed here with us...AJ wanted out to prove him wrong.... Bob granted him that..1 year later, AJ’s season total for receptions with the Colts? 40 Receptions & he retires mid way thru the next year.

Case Keenum put in his book that BoB told him he was no more than a 3rd string qb....Keenum will be playing for his 4th team mostly as a backup since leaving here.

BoB and the Texans got blasted by fans for not wanting to pay JD what he thought he was worth so they traded him for a 3rd round pick and filler players...Here we are a year later dude's out in the media talking about getting a "market setting" contract but still, its not about the money, he wants to play for a contending team...:listening. Well, Seattle a "contending" team of his choosing wants him badly..but might lose him for wait for it....a 3rd round comp pick if he winds up signing elsewhere. Well, the word now is he's "frustrated" by the lack of a market he's seen in this FA period. Life comes at you fast my friend & he's now finding out what BoB & the FO probably tried to tell him a year ago during negotiations before he left here.

Now we have this situation with Nuk. No doubt in my mind he wanted a new contract that paid him 19-20 per. It's already started to leak out that that's what he wants. So, i'll just sit back and wait for Arizona to give him the new deal which will probably be next year when Fitzgerald retires and his money comes off the books.

The common thread is that all these players are fan favorites in 1 respect or another. Noone cried & bemoaned when BoB released Jaelen Strong...noone here screamed bloody murder about DJ Swearinger...Turns out BoB was right about both of those knuckleheads too lol.
I knew Clowney was not worth the contract he was seeking but in no way would I trade him at the time BO'b chose to and for what BO'b got. He could have gotten more for him. In the instance of DHop, I find DHop asking for a fair raise in pay. He would have played next season without a deal but in the instance of "His Arrogance," nobody will ever question him.

How dare anybody question Caesar or his Lordship and what he feels is right. Most of the time there is a fair amount of fault on both sides but in these incidents it all boils down to BO'b and a his immense ego.

Swearinger and Strong's values negates any real concern over them.

Last edited:
Nuk saw the writing on the wall here & he wanted out. DW4 is about to get paid, Tunsil is about to be paid & he knew he wasn't going to be able to get the raise & extension he wanted with that looming. By the time his contract was up, who knows what kind of money we'd have left. Better to get out somewhere else now & get to a place where he knows he can get his extension. In addition to that, he's going to a pass heavy team/HC. That's why he's not sweating it really.
I am sure signing DHop for what he wanted would make things hard on us cap wise but if anybody should have been prioritized in regards to what they want to be paid it should be DHop.

As far as Clowney goes, while BO'b was aware of his actual value I think he could have gotten more for Clowney than he got. I may be wrong but it seemed that the Clowney hype train would dictate we got more out of that trade than we got.

BO'b making the trades he made were not bad, just the value he placed on those he traded.

Last edited:

In King’s initial report about the availability of Nuk in trade, it was leaked to him that Hopkins is less ‘explosive’ entering his age 28 season. This is a blatant lie. Hopkins wasn’t any less ‘explosive’ last season. Last season’s drop-off was because of the Texans’ offense. Hopkins went from a sideline sorcerer to a lesser version of Michael Thomas because of the offensive design. Hopkins saw his DVOA drop from 22.6% (10th) to 6.3% (31st) and his DYAR drop from 455 (2nd) to 225 (16th). The reason is simple. His yards before catch dropped from 10.3 to 7.5. The Texans’ offense never hit its true heights because it was designed around keeping the defense off the field, not scoring the most points possible.Hopkins saw 11 more targets to the short middle section of the field. Compared to last season, Hopkins caught 7 more first downs and averaged 2.2 less yards on these attempts. It was about moving the chains. His efficiency dropped because 27.3% of his targets were to the short middle section of the field.

Hopkins was great at achieving this goal because he’s an incredible receiver and a future Hall of Famer. It did limit his value, though. The intermediate and deep receptions were less abundant last season. The deep passing attempts were usually delivered from max protection, deep crossing, Yankee combinations that forced the deep middle defender to make a decision. The one-on-one sideline tosses against isolated cornerbacks were missing from this offense last year. They were only utilized when Bill O’Brien’s offense was flailing and suffocating.Houston broke Hopkins open as a sideline threat only in emergency situations. Like when they were down 10-3 to Indianapolis on Thursday Night Football, or when they needed a big play in their Wild Card Round comeback against Buffalo.

Hopkins isn’t on the decline. Trading him doesn’t make the Texans better. The offense is worse without him. This is an offense that will be counted upon to win games even more next season, since their only addition to their 26th ranked pass defense by DVOA is safety Eric Murray.
The trade doesn’t make sense from a salary cap standpoint either. Hopkins had zero guaranteed money left on his contract. Houston was paying a yearly salary that amounts to $12.5 million in 2020, $13.5 million in 2021, and $13.95 million in 2022. Hopkins didn’t have the leverage to warrant a restructure of his contract three years away from free agency. The reports claiming Hopkins wanted a new contract came sputtering out right after Irvin graced televisions. Real convenient timing.If there is truth to these reports, that Hopkins would have sat out this summer, Houston would have been better off negotiating with him. Teams don’t fail because they pay their star players. Hopkins having a cap hit increase from $12.5 to $15 million in a league with an infinitely rising salary cap doesn’t destroy a team. Teams fail because they don’t draft well and overpay for average players in free agency. Not because they pay someone of Hopkins’ talent and caliber.

There isn’t a silver lining here. The Texans didn’t find a diamond in the rough in David Johnson. They traded one of the three best receivers in the league for the Arizona Cardinals’ third best running back. Last season, Johnson had 94 carries for 345 yards, 3.7 yards an attempt, and a rushing DVOA of -11.2%. In the same offense, behind the same offensive line, Chase Edmonds had 60 carries for 303 yards, 5.1 yards an attempt, and a rushing DVOA of -14.8%. Kenyan Drake had 123 carries for 643 yards, 5.2 yards an attempt, and a rushing DVOA of -7.5% (these numbers take in account his time in Miami).

Which again brings me back to the trade that many still want to defend even "right now' that OB did to get Tunsil knowing we were going to have to pay Tunsil an inflated contract.

Hopkins is part of that debacle now. Many were warned, but they were perfectly fine letting OB mortgage off the future draft capital and the "salary cap" as well.

The people who cheered for the Tunsil trade and defended the last few months really don't have much room to complain about this trade as far as I'm concerned. They were warned of these potential fallouts later. They didn't believe in it.

I knew Clowney was not worth the contract he was seeking but in no way would I trade him at the time BO'b chose to and for what BO'b got. He could have gotten more for him. In the instance of DHop, I find DHop asking for a fair raise in pay. He would have played next season without a deal but in the instance of "His Arrogance," nobody will ever question him.

How dare anybody question Caesar or his Lordship and what he feels is right. Most of the time there is a fair amount of fault on both sides but in these incidents it all boils down to BO'b and a his immense ego.

Swearinger and Strong's values negates any rea

The only thing you said worth a damn is that there is a fair amount of fault on both sides...in all those instances. Cecil Shorts was on 610 yesterday and basically said that Strong screwed himself over and that's what got him shipped outta there....& Cecil Shorts is really good friends with Strong. Swearinger basically got dismissed from 2 teams b/c of the attitude. Someone will pay Clowney eventually, but he definitely is at fault for where he is now considering he played a vital role in his situation & for all the uproar about us only getting a 3rd round pick back for him, here Seattle is about to get the same thing back. They seemingly have screwed up too considering that not only did they not resign him to a long term deal, word is they promised him that they wouldn't franchise him so that he could hit FA.

In this instance with Nuk however, you are correct BoB is mostly at fault for this situation...but not for the reason ya'll are on here crying about but for simply giving in and trading a guy that still has 3 years left on his deal. I personally would've just called his bluff and if he held out until week 8 b/c he wanted more money, then so be it. But then we are back in the Duane Brown situation......& BoB would still be reviled like he is now by fans..."just pay him!!!".

Bob's got a team to think about & with DW4 set to make upwards of 35 mil at a minimum, & Tunsil set to get 19-20 mil, you can't please everyone. Nuk just happened to be the odd guy out in this situation...but i think he knew that, which is why he made his move now instead of waiting 1 year later.

Which again brings me back to the trade that many still want to defend even "right now' that OB did to get Tunsil knowing we were going to have to pay Tunsil an inflated contract.

Hopkins is part of that debacle now. Many were warned, but they were perfectly fine letting OB mortgage off the future draft capital and the "salary cap" as well.

The people who cheered for the Tunsil trade and defended the last few months really don't have much room to complain about this trade as far as I'm concerned. They were warned of these potential fallouts later. They didn't believe in it.

This is true..but at some point something like this was going to happen ANYWAY b/c of the money DW4 was set to command. We were going to start losing important pieces bodies once a qb gets paid. You saw it with Seattle and the eventual demise of the legion of boom as they began gearing up for Wilson's contract, you've gradually seen the demise of Philly after they paid Wentz, you're in the midst of seeing it with the Rams after they paid Goff............and you will eventually see it with KC once Mahomes gets paid.

Could've had Gurley for free but instead gave Hopkins away for David Johnson and 0 1st rd picks. Such great foresight shown again by the worst GM in the history of the NFL.
You wouldn't be getting the Gurley of a few years ago, just like the Texans aren't getting the David Johnson of a few years ago. They were better off sticking with Hyde and Johnson and keeping Hopkins.

Sometimes the best move is to not make a move.

McVay the golden child just a few years ago is looking like a screw up now. They handed out a ton of money to Cooks, Gurley and Goff & now all those chickens are coming home to roost. Next is Cooks.

yeah b/c he had a crystal ball & knew he was going to be released..

It's been rumored he was on the way out of LA since the beginning of last season because of his high cost and lower usage. If I, a fan in the stand who has paid less attention to football than ever before in my life, knew he was gonna get cut (because it was obvious) how do they not make the same educated guess?

This is true..but at some point something like this was going to happen ANYWAY b/c of the money DW4 was set to command. We were going to start losing important pieces bodies once a qb gets paid. You saw it with Seattle and the eventual demise of the legion of boom as they began gearing up for Wilson's contract, you've gradually seen the demise of Philly after they paid Wentz, you're in the midst of seeing it with the Rams after they paid Goff............and you will eventually see it with KC once Mahomes gets paid.
With that said a GM has to prioritize who his top players are. I'd just assume we see DHop get paid first and foremost. Him and DW4. Tunsil's replacement could be had in the draft or a much cheaper but still quality replacement could be had via free agency.

Last edited:
It's been rumored he was on the way out of LA since the beginning of last season because of his high cost and lower usage. If I, a fan in the stand who has paid less attention to football than ever before in my life, knew he was gonna get cut (because it was obvious) how do they not make the same educated guess?

Rumors fly around all the time & come from all over the place. Hell for all i know you could've made up that rumor as you watched him at the beginning of last year. Aside from that, the Rams GM was all out in the media last year prophesizing that Gurley was gonna return to form in 2019. The sheer fact that they waited until now to release him tells you that they thought long and hard about it & tried to trade him before they pulled the trigger.

With that said a head coach has to prioritize who his top players are. I'd just assume we see DHop get paid first and foremost. Him and DW4. Tunsil's replacement could be had in the draft or a much cheaper but still quality replacement could be had via free agency.

Umm that's kinda what happened here. QB & LT are priorities over WR...Noone wants to admit that in this situation, but its the reality & DW4 and Tunsil are connected and Tunsil's performance has a direct effect on DW4's play & frankly, with what we gave up to get Tunsil, there's no way in hell we're drafting someone to eventually replace him. & if Quality FA at LT were available, we would've had 1 already.

Rumors fly around all the time & come from all over the place. Hell for all i know you could've made up that rumor as you watched him at the beginning of last year. Aside from that, the Rams GM was all out in the media last year prophesizing that Gurley was gonna return to form in 2019. The sheer fact that they waited until now to release him tells you that they thought long and hard about it & tried to trade him before they pulled the trigger.

From June 2019. The writing has been on the wall for almost a year.

From June 2019. The writing has been on the wall for almost a year.

Says nothing in there about cutting him any time soon. Matter of fact, it specifically says that the Rams would be stuck with his contract for at least 2 more years before it would be feasible for them to get out from under it. Guess they just said &^%# it and bit the bullet.

Legion Of Boom was mainly ran out of there, because they all became a bunch of jackasses getting fines and embarrassing themselves especially by trashing their HC publicly. Guys like Sherman, Bennett, Thomas, and that guy that tried to run into the stands all needed to go.

Watson's contract was not going to make the franchise move Hopkins at all. Tunsil's up coming contract made everyone's contract difficult once we brought him in and didn't even extend the contract right then and there.

Legion Of Boom was mainly ran out of there, because they all became a bunch of jackasses getting fines and embarrassing themselves especially by trashing their HC publicly. Guys like Sherman, Bennett, Thomas, and that guy that tried to run into the stands all needed to go.

Watson's contract was not going to make the franchise move Hopkins at all. Tunsil's up coming contract made everyone's contract difficult once we brought him in and didn't even extend the contract right then and there.

doesnt matter when DW4 or Tunsil's contracts got done, point is once their money got on the books, there were going to be casualties on the roster b/c of it. If JJ wasn't who he was to this city, it just as easily could've been him instead of Nuk.

Here’s a list of all the teams that have won a SB after their QB got his pay day.

And that’s it. Seriously no team who’s QB is 15% or more of the cap has ever won a SB. The Tunsil trade may have sped up the process but only by a year or two at most.

doesnt matter when DW4 or Tunsil's contracts got done, point is once their money got on the books, there were going to be casualties on the roster b/c of it. If JJ wasn't who he was to this city, it just as easily could've been him instead of Nuk.

Well yes, that was my point. We were going to have to pay Watson and Tunsil likely at the same time and we'd have no leverage against Tunsil either.

I explained the cap casualties. I explained the fact that new holes would open up and we'd be stripped of drat picks to fill them. I figured Watt's contract was coming up as well.

People are just now seeing the first signs of that disastrous trade. They just don't want to admit it to themselves.

And 2hat makes you think getting the contract redone when he was brought in would help? No way Tunsil would have been willing to just extend his rookie contract. He’s seen what’s going on around the league and if mid pack guys like Trent Brown are breaking records he knew he would blow almost any other contract away no matter what team it was.

Let’s say we didn’t sign Tunsil, what exac5ly were they suppose to do at LT? Davenport maybe or Howard, oh I know tell Kalil to put his skates back on he’s going on the line. Texans were screwed anyway they went, at least with a Tunsil they might keep Watson from being broken in half and have one good year.

Back